This just in: PJ Walker not claimed off waivers
-
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
My fear is that the owners and the FO will at all costs force the narrative that the Watson deal is worth it and they will not keep Joe because that would just muddy the waters when the inevitable happens and Watson's best play is that of a mid tier journeyman NFL QB.
They have saddled the donkey and everyone else is going to ride it until they find a way out that they believe saves them a tiny bit of face.
My fear is that the owners and the FO will at all costs force the narrative that the Watson deal is worth it and they will not keep Joe because that would just muddy the waters when the inevitable happens and Watson's best play is that of a mid tier journeyman NFL QB.
They have saddled the donkey and everyone else is going to ride it until they find a way out that they believe saves them a tiny bit of face.
This is most likely what will happen. It's what the Eagles did with Wentz after winning the Super Bowl with Foles.
Not sure I’m in agreement about the noodle arm, watsons cannon is far above average. He never had a problem slinging it, he struggled more with the timing required to run stefanskis offense.
The reason you haven’t seen athletes come back from it is because it’s such a rare injury, but the recovery time is only 6-12 weeks I think? Seems like a relatively minor arthroscopic surgery in the scheme of things. I think he’ll be fine, and he’s definitely going to be a better option than 39 going on 40 Flacco (next year). Should we keep Flacco as a backup though, absolutely - but it’s ultimately up to Flacco who may be getting starter calls after the year. He operates the west coast/stefanski offense so beautifully that he’d be a treasure to keep in the QB room.
If Flacco can continue the winning trend, it’s kind of ironic that the Ravens are responsible for knocking Watson out for the year which is why we called Flacco
Watson threw exactly one good deep ball during his tenure as Cleveland QB1 - The pass to Cooper against the Cardinals. Everything else over 25 yards in the air looked awful. He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too because his arm is too weak to deal with the wind and cold up north. His deep ball has never been anything but below average, and it was disguised in Houston because he was throwing to Deandre Hopkins in his prime.
And just to prove that I can say nice things about Watson, his accuracy at medium and short range plus his mobility make for a very good QB for a team down south or in a dome. It's why he was a Heisman finalist, but the lack of a long ball is the reason he's only 1-2 in the NFL playoffs.
-
My fear is that the owners and the FO will at all costs force the narrative that the Watson deal is worth it and they will not keep Joe because that would just muddy the waters when the inevitable happens and Watson's best play is that of a mid tier journeyman NFL QB.
They have saddled the donkey and everyone else is going to ride it until they find a way out that they believe saves them a tiny bit of face.
This is most likely what will happen. It's what the Eagles did with Wentz after winning the Super Bowl with Foles.
Not sure I’m in agreement about the noodle arm, watsons cannon is far above average. He never had a problem slinging it, he struggled more with the timing required to run stefanskis offense.
The reason you haven’t seen athletes come back from it is because it’s such a rare injury, but the recovery time is only 6-12 weeks I think? Seems like a relatively minor arthroscopic surgery in the scheme of things. I think he’ll be fine, and he’s definitely going to be a better option than 39 going on 40 Flacco (next year). Should we keep Flacco as a backup though, absolutely - but it’s ultimately up to Flacco who may be getting starter calls after the year. He operates the west coast/stefanski offense so beautifully that he’d be a treasure to keep in the QB room.
If Flacco can continue the winning trend, it’s kind of ironic that the Ravens are responsible for knocking Watson out for the year which is why we called Flacco
Watson threw exactly one good deep ball during his tenure as Cleveland QB1 - The pass to Cooper against the Cardinals. Everything else over 25 yards in the air looked awful. He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too because his arm is too weak to deal with the wind and cold up north. His deep ball has never been anything but below average, and it was disguised in Houston because he was throwing to Deandre Hopkins in his prime.
And just to prove that I can say nice things about Watson, his accuracy at medium and short range plus his mobility make for a very good QB for a team down south or in a dome. It's why he was a Heisman finalist, but the lack of a long ball is the reason he's only 1-2 in the NFL playoffs.
This is most likely what will happen. It's what the Eagles did with Wentz after winning the Super Bowl with Foles.
Watson threw exactly one good deep ball during his tenure as Cleveland QB1 - The pass to Cooper against the Cardinals. Everything else over 25 yards in the air looked awful. He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too because his arm is too weak to deal with the wind and cold up north. His deep ball has never been anything but below average, and it was disguised in Houston because he was throwing to Deandre Hopkins in his prime.
And just to prove that I can say nice things about Watson, his accuracy at medium and short range plus his mobility make for a very good QB for a team down south or in a dome. It's why he has a Heisman, but the lack of a long ball is the reason he's only 1-2 in the NFL playoffs.
I mean I just don’t see it, he may not be a mahomes or Allen but he’s still far from noodle arm. Pretty sure his arm mechanics and velocity is way better than his rookie times. Not worried about his physical abilities…other things yes. He’s good enough to make all the throws, real noodle arms like McCoy can’t
But after seeing Joe 2.0, I don’t think anyone throws a prettier ball than old Flacco.
-
....I wish that he was pretty good.....because that guy's got heart.
Never said he wasn't a nice guy.
Genuinely think only circumstance should allow him on our practice squad though, and he should have never played a minute. DTR should be on our practice squad, because he has talent, but he needs practice.
Next year, I am gunning for: QB1: Watson, QB2: Flacco, QB3: DTR
Next year, I am gunning for: QB1: Watson, QB2: Flacco, QB3: DTR
I would wager that Flacco will not be invited back. But I don't wager...so, I guess I wouldn't wager...:)... I think they like the RPO QB that DTR is....which is like Watson. Now me, I prefer Flacco's mold. Drop back and pass the ball with accuracy. No running sweeps. No purposely putting yourself in harm's way. The QB is too damned important to get injured. Plus, the OL knows where their QB is on pass plays, and can block accordingly...and feel comfortable doing it.
-
My fear is that the owners and the FO will at all costs force the narrative that the Watson deal is worth it and they will not keep Joe because that would just muddy the waters when the inevitable happens and Watson's best play is that of a mid tier journeyman NFL QB.
They have saddled the donkey and everyone else is going to ride it until they find a way out that they believe saves them a tiny bit of face.
This is most likely what will happen. It's what the Eagles did with Wentz after winning the Super Bowl with Foles.
Not sure I’m in agreement about the noodle arm, watsons cannon is far above average. He never had a problem slinging it, he struggled more with the timing required to run stefanskis offense.
The reason you haven’t seen athletes come back from it is because it’s such a rare injury, but the recovery time is only 6-12 weeks I think? Seems like a relatively minor arthroscopic surgery in the scheme of things. I think he’ll be fine, and he’s definitely going to be a better option than 39 going on 40 Flacco (next year). Should we keep Flacco as a backup though, absolutely - but it’s ultimately up to Flacco who may be getting starter calls after the year. He operates the west coast/stefanski offense so beautifully that he’d be a treasure to keep in the QB room.
If Flacco can continue the winning trend, it’s kind of ironic that the Ravens are responsible for knocking Watson out for the year which is why we called Flacco
Watson threw exactly one good deep ball during his tenure as Cleveland QB1 - The pass to Cooper against the Cardinals. Everything else over 25 yards in the air looked awful. He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too because his arm is too weak to deal with the wind and cold up north. His deep ball has never been anything but below average, and it was disguised in Houston because he was throwing to Deandre Hopkins in his prime.
And just to prove that I can say nice things about Watson, his accuracy at medium and short range plus his mobility make for a very good QB for a team down south or in a dome. It's why he was a Heisman finalist, but the lack of a long ball is the reason he's only 1-2 in the NFL playoffs.
He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too
Agreed. He looked terrible against us. He looked like he absolutely hated the weather and wanted to get the game over with and go home. Those were my feelings while watching that game. So I was 100% sure that he was NOT gonna come to Cleveland. I figured a 70% chance of being a Saint. 30% chance a Falcon. 0% chance a Brown. But that was before I knew that we had a bag filled with a quarter billion dollars to hand him.
-
Never said he wasn't a nice guy.
Genuinely think only circumstance should allow him on our practice squad though, and he should have never played a minute. DTR should be on our practice squad, because he has talent, but he needs practice.
Next year, I am gunning for: QB1: Watson, QB2: Flacco, QB3: DTR
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
-
He looked like shit his last game in a Texans uniform against us too
Agreed. He looked terrible against us. He looked like he absolutely hated the weather and wanted to get the game over with and go home. Those were my feelings while watching that game. So I was 100% sure that he was NOT gonna come to Cleveland. I figured a 70% chance of being a Saint. 30% chance a Falcon. 0% chance a Brown. But that was before I knew that we had a bag filled with a quarter billion dollars to hand him.
Agreed. He looked terrible against us. He looked like he absolutely hated the weather and wanted to get the game over with and go home. Those were my feelings while watching that game. So I was 100% sure that he was NOT gonna come to Cleveland. I figured a 70% chance of being a Saint. 30% chance a Falcon. 0% chance a Brown. But that was before I knew that we had a bag filled with a quarter billion dollars to hand him.
Actually, that game worried me too when Watson was traded for, because he didn't look good.
Then he came here and played in the coldest game in Cleveland since Red Right 88 and I thought looked good in it.
-
Agreed. He looked terrible against us. He looked like he absolutely hated the weather and wanted to get the game over with and go home. Those were my feelings while watching that game. So I was 100% sure that he was NOT gonna come to Cleveland. I figured a 70% chance of being a Saint. 30% chance a Falcon. 0% chance a Brown. But that was before I knew that we had a bag filled with a quarter billion dollars to hand him.
Actually, that game worried me too when Watson was traded for, because he didn't look good.
Then he came here and played in the coldest game in Cleveland since Red Right 88 and I thought looked good in it.
Then he came here and played in the coldest game in Cleveland since Red Right 88 and I thought looked good in it.
He did didn't he. 3 TD's missed by our receivers. The passes were right on target. The receivers either slipped and fell or they dropped it. Boy that game pissed me off. Losing to a dome team that was reduced to playing a Wild Cat offense.
-
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
-
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Dr. Vapor seems quite convinced that Watson will never be the same.
I was hoping that he'd last at least until we got our 1st round picks back.
-
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
very true
-
with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Dr. Vapor seems quite convinced that Watson will never be the same.
I was hoping that he'd last at least until we got our 1st round picks back.
-
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
-
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
-
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
That is exactly what I was thinking during that interaction.
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
-
Never said he wasn't a nice guy.
Genuinely think only circumstance should allow him on our practice squad though, and he should have never played a minute. DTR should be on our practice squad, because he has talent, but he needs practice.
Next year, I am gunning for: QB1: Watson, QB2: Flacco, QB3: DTR
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
I say give him (Watson) amnesty and buy out his contract and move on from the fuck...
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
-
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
I say give him (Watson) amnesty and buy out his contract and move on from the fuck...
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
The guy obviously is rooting for Watson to be done. I mean, I've been consistent on this since March 18, 2022, I totally understand not liking the guy, and I won't try to change someone's mind on that. What I will do, though, is push back on nonsensical rhetoric regarding him when it actually comes to his play, or his health, etc. Now, he might very well struggle to come back from this injury. Shoulders are tricky. But that's not what was fueling Vapor's posts, and I was able to easily show this.
Regarding nicker's comment, his cluelessness on almost every subject never has stopped him from spouting his opinions before, so....
-
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
-
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
-
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
