This just in: PJ Walker not claimed off waivers
-
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
very true
-
with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Dr. Vapor seems quite convinced that Watson will never be the same.
I was hoping that he'd last at least until we got our 1st round picks back.
-
Give us a list of "throwing athletes" whose careers ended because of the exact injury Watson suffered.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
-
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
-
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
That is exactly what I was thinking during that interaction.
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
-
Never said he wasn't a nice guy.
Genuinely think only circumstance should allow him on our practice squad though, and he should have never played a minute. DTR should be on our practice squad, because he has talent, but he needs practice.
Next year, I am gunning for: QB1: Watson, QB2: Flacco, QB3: DTR
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
I say give him (Watson) amnesty and buy out his contract and move on from the fuck...
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
-
Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm. If we get rid of Flacco, I'm going to lose my mind.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
I say give him (Watson) amnesty and buy out his contract and move on from the fuck...
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
You sound like the Eeyore's I've seen on other Browns forums. Woe is us!!! Too many injuries, we're not going to win another game. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon, your comment regarding Watson is pure speculation.
Hate the guy much? Yep... Clueless on how the salary cap works? Ditto.
The guy obviously is rooting for Watson to be done. I mean, I've been consistent on this since March 18, 2022, I totally understand not liking the guy, and I won't try to change someone's mind on that. What I will do, though, is push back on nonsensical rhetoric regarding him when it actually comes to his play, or his health, etc. Now, he might very well struggle to come back from this injury. Shoulders are tricky. But that's not what was fueling Vapor's posts, and I was able to easily show this.
Regarding nicker's comment, his cluelessness on almost every subject never has stopped him from spouting his opinions before, so....
-
Give me a list of QBs and baseball pitchers who have had this injury to their throwing arm.
It's an incredibly rare sports injury. The only case report I could find of it in high level athletes was a study of like 15 soccer and rugby players. The only case I know of was a college wide receiver who had it done and it ended his career. When it comes to high-level college or pro QBs/baseball pitchers with this injury, Deshaun Watson might be the only point of data there is.
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
-
Um, no.
You wrote: "Watson's career is over. He's going to stick it out because $150M, but the dude's shoulder is never going to be the same. He already had a noodle arm before the glenoid broke. I've never seen any case reports of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm."
So I asked you to list all these pitchers and quarterbacks who have had their careers ended because of this specific injury. Apparently you didn't expect someone to actually ask you to show your work, so now it's "Well no one has ever had this injury so there can't be a chance he could recover from it..."
Are you just making stuff up as you go?
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
-
This injury has ended the careers of pro athletes in soccer and rugby and at least one NCAA football player. None of those people were required to do an overhead throw 30x a game in season. Of course my opinion can be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case. I will eat my crow if he can come back next year and sling it. I continue to predict his career as a QB is finished.
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
-
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
LOL! You must have missed the "Logic" lecture during the Philosophy 101 class. ?
-
Somebody making stuff up for the Browns Board? Cast him into Hades (the poliboard) where he belongs.?
That is exactly what I was thinking during that interaction.
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
-
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
There are not discussions there. Just fanatical traitor supporters. LOL!?
-
Myself? I'm going to sit back and enjoy the current ride that Joe pilots - when ever and where ever that ultimately leads.
Arguing about a dude that has done absolutely nothing as a Cleveland Brown while being paid a literal King's ransom is future D Bone's problem.
Your mileage may very.
-
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
There are not discussions there. Just fanatical traitor supporters. LOL!?
There are not discussions there. Just fanatical traitor supporters. LOL!?
It's not like calling someone a traitor is in any way enabling a discussion, and your response just proves my point about anti-Trumpers. Very unfortunate.
-
What I can't understand is why you first said "I've never seen any case of a throwing athlete coming back from this injury to his throwing arm" but when asked to name said players you quickly pivoted to "I've never seen a throwing athlete have this injury so Watson is the possible only point of data".
You can understand why any logical thinker would think you are literally making this up as you go, yes?
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
Both statements are true. I'm not sure why you see this as some kind of gotcha or where I've made something up.
Because they are completely opposite statements.
In the first, you tried to tell us that there are many athletes who throw for a living who have had their careers end because of this injury. When asked to produce said list of players, you knew you couldn't, so you went to the second, which you state that this is such a rare injury, that there's no way Watson could recover from it.
We get it, you are rooting for Watson's career to be over. No need for all these other theatrics.
And who knows, you might be correct. As I've been saying since the initial reports of him having a shoulder injury on his throwing arm, shoulder injuries are tricky.
-
A single ncaa football player can’t be compared, though I don’t know the player or the case. Most ncaa players don’t have careers past their 4 college years, if that. Also depending on the time period they may not have had an arthroscopic procedure to repair it like they have nowadays. Arthroscopic procedures are not invasive and usually have little recovery time (6-12 weeks for Watson?)
Maybe if Watson kept playing on the shoulder and took more damage it’d be worse, the guy did go 14/14 with the broken shoulder against a top defense.
Im not a doctor but I suspect rotator cuff injuries are more devastating - guys like roethlisburger and brees recovered from those.
-
Except this specific forum isn't just an echo chamber specifically made for the tender feelings of one specific group of people like that other forum.
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
I've ventured around the poliboard recently, because the hatred it receives from yourself and others got me curious. Apparently the support for Trump there is your issue with it.
When you say "specific group" do you mean the half of your country that voted for him, twice, and likely a third time? Implying this is somehow fringe seems almost as inaccurate as Dr. Vapor. In fact, maybe even more so.
As an outsider, it seems that anti-Trump folks are far more likely to froth at the mouth in their fanaticism. It is a shame that there seems to be no place for discussing opposite views, like the poliboard could provide, in theory.
I think its pretty apparent where your allegiance would lie if you weren't an "outsider", but that's a cute play of "I just moseyed on over and took a look around and my oh my!"... That or you feel a kindred spirit with that "specific group" and felt a need to defend it. One or the other. ?
And I didn't give a shit what those people thought in 2016, or now.
-
There are not discussions there. Just fanatical traitor supporters. LOL!?
It's not like calling someone a traitor is in any way enabling a discussion, and your response just proves my point about anti-Trumpers. Very unfortunate.
It's not like calling someone a traitor is in any way enabling a discussion, and your response just proves my point about anti-Trumpers. Very unfortunate.
Touche'?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
