Quinn at Work
-
@shepwrite said:
I'm gonna be at the Denver game with my boys (see you at the tailgate, DTBH!!). I have a strong sense that we'll see a much smoother offense all the way around.Have fun at the tailgate.
Why are your boys so anxious to go to this one...I thought they wanted you all to their self??
Glad to see they or you are growing up!!
Thumbs up!!
-
Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.
88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.
Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.
Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.
Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.
88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.
Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.
Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.
I see you don't get it either. This has nothing to do about Quinn and everything to be about pinning up these feel-good stories and tilting everything to peachy positive in an era where we've had our ass handed to us and more smoke blown up our collective asses then even what Inspecta exhaled in high school.
You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.
You discount INT's and add TD's, yardage, and QB rating percentage points, in a blow-out loss to make yourselves feel good.
You tell one another what a great guy your favorite player is, how he feeds the homeless, and reads to school children, as if it is gonna help us get to .500
STFU and watch the games. Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching. Go on a gut instinct on someone or something by what you saw, not what you read.
Ummm... grow a set. You sound like chicks who are new to the game.
-
@shepwrite said:
Bunch'o mouthy-ass fukcing pussies.That's it! Cyber punch someone in the mouth ... wave bong smoke away from your monitor, and say no to smilies.
-
@shepwrite said:
What tailgate would I go to in Denver, you jamoke? It's a joke.Whiff. But way to continually take shots at a guy for having a good relationship with his kids. You're a true hero, sniff-sniff.
Bunch'o pussies.
I have 3 kids...a 32 year old daughter, a 29 year old son, and a 24 year old son...I have a great relationshiop with all of them. Katie lives in Louisville with her husband, she received a J.D./MAPS from Louisville, Brian in Durham, his BS from Duke, and Chris his BA from LaGrange, Ga lives here in Chattanooga.
Really man, I compliment you on your relationship with your kids.
There is nothing better than a great relationship with your children.
-
Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.
88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.
Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.
Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.
I see you don't get it either. This has nothing to do about Quinn and everything to be about pinning up these feel-good stories and tilting everything to peachy positive in an era where we've had our ass handed to us and more smoke blown up our collective asses then even what Inspecta exhaled in high school.
You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.
You discount INT's and add TD's, yardage, and QB rating percentage points, in a blow-out loss to make yourselves feel good.
You tell one another what a great guy your favorite player is, how he feeds the homeless, and reads to school children, as if it is gonna help us get to .500
STFU and watch the games. Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching. Go on a gut instinct on someone or something by what you saw, not what you read.
Ummm... grow a set. You sound like chicks who are new to the game.
You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.
We've been subjected to poor QBing for quite some time and we know it when we see it, thank you very much. Some of us are intelligent enough not to expect miracles so early. Don't worry we'll be giving Quinn a hard time soon enough. It's called "hoping we don't have to." We're a fan base and we're dysfunctional.
-
@shepwrite said:
Bunch'o mouthy-ass fukcing pussies.That's it! Cyber punch someone in the mouth ... wave bong smoke away from your monitor, and say no to smilies.
-
@shepwrite said:
I don't get it. Someone repeatedly flips me shit out of nowhere and I fire back... and you have a problem with that?Uh, care to outline that life philosophy for us, oh, wise dillweed?
You're paranoid, I was actually rallying you. You suck at the internet tonight, but don't worry America's got talent is almost over o you can concentrate.
-
@jadbf said:
Too bad DA didn't learn that lessonAnderson's gonna be receiving NFL paychecks for a long time to come.
Quinn needs to learn how to play football, and quick, or he could be battling JP Losman and the Las Vegas Locomotives in the UFL next year.
Anderson's gonna be receiving NFL paychecks for a long time to come.
Quinn needs to learn how to play football, and quick, or he could be battling JP Losman and the Las Vegas Locomotives in the UFL next year.
C'mon dude...I think you're a pain in the ass..but you're better than this. You really shouldn't be copying my work like this. I used Las Vegas Giraffes btw...trade Quinn for Anderson at the beginning of the sentence and change Locomotives for Giraffes and it's the same thing I said the other day.
Imitatation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is a direct ripoff of my genius.
-
Anderson's gonna be receiving NFL paychecks for a long time to come.
Quinn needs to learn how to play football, and quick, or he could be battling JP Losman and the Las Vegas Locomotives in the UFL next year.
C'mon dude...I think you're a pain in the ass..but you're better than this. You really shouldn't be copying my work like this. I used Las Vegas Giraffes btw...trade Quinn for Anderson at the beginning of the sentence and change Locomotives for Giraffes and it's the same thing I said the other day.
Imitatation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is a direct ripoff of my genius.
C'mon dude...I think you're a pain in the ass..but you're better than this. You really shouldn't be copying my work like this. I used Las Vegas Giraffes btw...trade Quinn for Anderson at the beginning of the sentence and change Locomotives for Giraffes and it's the same thing I said the other day.
Imitatation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is a direct ripoff of my genius.
Lumquat ain't the only one around here that pulls that shit.
-
Sounds like a bunch of talk by players who would be saying the same thing with a different name if Da was starting.
Post the article if it is worthwhile....
-
i think Brady will play better and the Browns will win 24-3. i predict no more Yepremian plays this season. i'm hopeful that D'Qwell shows up. i guarantee Pontbriand will get the job done.
Calling DestinFunk- We'll probably watch the game at Hammerhead Fred's in Panama City Beach.
-
AdaM said:
Because the board would be less exciting. Stan is a non-conformist to the max.Non-conformists don't wear jean shorts.
He's a businessman and a hater. But he happens to own the only Browns board worth posting on, so it is what it is.
mz. said:
Non-conformists don't wear jean shorts.Ha!! Jorts. Maybe the team should rock jorts instead of Brown pants for away games.
-
There is only one thing I want to read that is worth a damn, try this on for size:
BROWNS WIN
It's everything I want to see, nothing more or less.
No feel good circle jerk stories to comfort those satisfied with being the joke of the NFL.
I want progress and want wins.
-
AdaM said:
Because the board would be less exciting. Stan is a non-conformist to the max.Non-conformists don't wear jean shorts.
He's a businessman and a hater. But he happens to own the only Browns board worth posting on, so it is what it is.
-
I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.
There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.
-
@shepwrite said:
Damn. That sounds really good. I'm imagining it as a place Travis McGee would hang out, get good and smashed, clear his head with an ocean swim.Thanks. And if DestinFunk has a better Browns watering hole, we'll make the drive (with a designated driver, of course).
-
I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.
There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.
I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.
There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.
CIMO, I would agree with you, except Rodgers was in a good situation:
1) Stable coaching staff the entire time
2) Same offense the entire time
3) Sitting behind a legit HOF QB who he can actually learn from.
Remember, Quinn's first start was last year and was very promising. This game didn't look so good - new offense, splitting reps, etc. There's no telling how much damage RAC and the staff did in 'developing' him. Frankly, the same could be said of DA: It's possible he didn't improve because his coaching sucked under RAC.
What I am looking for is improvement as the season progresses.
-
Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.
88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.
Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.
Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.
I see you don't get it either. This has nothing to do about Quinn and everything to be about pinning up these feel-good stories and tilting everything to peachy positive in an era where we've had our ass handed to us and more smoke blown up our collective asses then even what Inspecta exhaled in high school.
You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.
You discount INT's and add TD's, yardage, and QB rating percentage points, in a blow-out loss to make yourselves feel good.
You tell one another what a great guy your favorite player is, how he feeds the homeless, and reads to school children, as if it is gonna help us get to .500
STFU and watch the games. Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching. Go on a gut instinct on someone or something by what you saw, not what you read.
Ummm... grow a set. You sound like chicks who are new to the game.
Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching.
Oh stop!
While we're on the subject of actually watching - last season we open with 10 points against Dallas' 28 and you inform us that's one of the better teams in the NFC. Meanwhile, not a negatve word was uttered by you about the QB's vision. In fact, you confronted one author of a post for watching that entire matchup with Dallas and only finding fault with DA. Evidently 10 points in that opener was far more sufficient than 20 points in this opener. More jello shots anyone?
Hence, we move on to week 2 and suddenly you downplay how important it is to outscore the biggest rival in our division when that team can only score 10 points that night. Not 1 bad thing written about the play of the QB from you again. So now I'm adding the sum of 6 points from week 1 plus 10 points from week 2 and it equals 16 points. Still not quite what we scored in this year's opener but there wasn't going to be anyone getting away with complaining about DA on your watch.
So now we come to week 3 of 2008 in search of finally getting our season point total up over 20 points. Don't worry, we would jackhammer it all the way up to 26 points after 3 games/180 minutes of football. Not to worry though because another division rival from Baltimore was starting a rookie QB against us in week 3. Sound too good to be true? It was but Dumb Ass had you at the first hut. Would you believe the rookie QB would be a major contributor to his team scoring 28 points vrs the 10 points DA was spoiling YOUR ass with? I wish I could say DA didn't throw the Ravens Defense a TD pass to comfort the rookie's margin of error that day but he did. Staying consistent with it all, you got pissed at anyone that wanted to hold the starting QB accountable. No negative words from you. It was simply: "Quit your whining about the QB folks."
Now 2009 gets here and you're mad at anyone who is NOT whining about the starting QB. From one friend to another: "Lighten up Francis!"
- Tom F.
-
@danamal said:
Damn flugs,After all this time you still write a novel with every post
STFU would have been just as good

LOL! I know Cliff's Notes has more fans than Cliffs Clavins so I'll try to keep that in mind Danamal. I just can't watch Atenears go Frasier Crane on us with "I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!" I'd hate to see a new pair of scissors get ruined if he falls.
- Tom F.
-
I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.
There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.
CIMO, I would agree with you, except Rodgers was in a good situation:
1) Stable coaching staff the entire time
2) Same offense the entire time
3) Sitting behind a legit HOF QB who he can actually learn from.
Remember, Quinn's first start was last year and was very promising. This game didn't look so good - new offense, splitting reps, etc. There's no telling how much damage RAC and the staff did in 'developing' him. Frankly, the same could be said of DA: It's possible he didn't improve because his coaching sucked under RAC.
What I am looking for is improvement as the season progresses.
CIMO, I would agree with you, except Rodgers was in a good situation:
1) Stable coaching staff the entire time
2) Same offense the entire time
3) Sitting behind a legit HOF QB who he can actually learn from.
Remember, Quinn's first start was last year and was very promising. This game didn't look so good - new offense, splitting reps, etc. There's no telling how much damage RAC and the staff did in 'developing' him. Frankly, the same could be said of DA: It's possible he didn't improve because his coaching sucked under RAC.
What I am looking for is improvement as the season progresses.
I'm fine with all of that, but...
1. He plays the most important position in the game
2. He's the most popular guy on the team
3. Aside from the one game against Denver (which was a loss), he hasn't done anything to command the respect he gets.
He watches tape. He lifts a lot of weights. But until he starts piling up stats and winning games, it doesn't really matter.
I mean, no one (besides Lumbergh) is saying he's necessarily a bad quarterback....it's just getting ridiculous to me how much everyone supports him considering how little he's done on the field. Whatever the scenario, this is his third year in the league after being drafted as a huge part of our franchise going forward.
I'm fine with believing he's the guy, but I want to see him earn it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login