Dalvin Cook released by Jets
-
Ratbirds scooped him up
Ratbirds scooped him up
See below.
Kinda expected I guess, not worried about cook on the ravens at all.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
-
Ratbirds scooped him up
See below.
Kinda expected I guess, not worried about cook on the ravens at all.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
-
Ratbirds scooped him up
See below.
Kinda expected I guess, not worried about cook on the ravens at all.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
See below.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
-
See below.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
-
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
Our own pocket passer Joey Flacco tore his ACL before, as well as had a herniated disc in his neck - could say he wasn’t the same player after injuries, but with the Browns he’s back to playing like pre-injury Flacco.
I do think running QBs naturally have a higher injury risk, though - obviously. Lamar himself usually misses time annually, just hasn’t this year like the rest of the AFCN QBs.
-
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever
as story has it, Kilmer and Stabler were having some beers watching the game. And laughed like all get out when he got hurt
-
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
There's a risk in running the ball as a QB, but there's a risk of being a pocket QB too. Ask Joe Theismann who suffered the most famous QB injury ever - in the protective nest that was the Hog's Redskin passing pocket. Ask our own statue of a pocket passer - Bernie Kosar - whose career was pretty much over by the age of 30.
My problem with Lamar was I had doubts he could stay in the pocket, read defenses and make the proper throw on a consistent basis. I felt the Ravens passing game was a fluky, gimmicky one that was successful because it ran off a great running game. Well now, with a new OC, he's starting to look good throwing in a more conventional passing scheme.
The thing about Lamar is when he came out of Louisville, the knock on him was he was a great running back who incindentally called himself a passer. He was flat out lousy regarding the latter his first few years in the league. He's since- IMHO- improved as a quarterback by orders of magnitude over the years.
Regarding his running ability LJ is only 851 yards short of passing Michael Vick as the top running QB ever. (sort of surprised that Russell Wilson could pass Vick also)
-
See below.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
I go way back, and the only comparison scrambling ability Lamar has is Fran Tarkenton.
-
Ratbirds scooped him up
See below.
Kinda expected I guess, not worried about cook on the ravens at all.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
See below.
Take a look at the Ravens RB depth chart... FWIW, they're 26th in rushing yardage (2555). And of that total, 821 of that belongs to Lamar Jackson. With Dobbins out for the year, they're hurting at RB. Oh, you want a crazy stat? Jackson has more rushing yards than our Jerome Ford. LJ has been remarkably adept at avoiding a kill shot to his knees, but unless he's damn lucky, it's coming- eventually- running like that.
I'm sure Minkah Fitzpatrick will hook him up.
-
Yeah, it's crazy but folks have been saying that since he came into the league. I'm not 100% sure on this, but the prior 2 seasons he was basically hurt on bull-rush QB pressure. His ability in the open field is crazy good....like trying to catch a waterbug in a pond.
I dislike the Ratbirds the most, but I reluctantly am going to give credit where it's due- Lamar is the best dual-threat QB the NFL has ever seen.
I go way back, and the only comparison scrambling ability Lamar has is Fran Tarkenton.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login