Skip to content

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

College Football Forum
455 17 13.2k 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Funny Ohio State recruiting story...

    David Sanders was a top recruit in the 2025 recruiting class, a five star OTackle from North Carolina. All the southern universities were hot after him, then Ohio State got involved. After some time, it was down to Tennessee, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson. As the early signing date approached in December, it was down to Tennessee and Ohio State.

    Sanders chose to sign with the Volunteers. Then, a few weeks later, out of nowhere it was reported that Sanders and his family were all in Columbus visiting Ohio State... "Is he going to flip?" Everyone who covered Ohio State was caught off guard, there had been no leaks. 

    But sometime during the weekend, Ohio State started getting hip to the fact that Sanders and his family was just using them to get more NIL money out of Tennessee, so they went to him and informed him that they were lowering their NIL offer to him. ?

    Oh, college football in 2025. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm going to end this thread here, since the 2024 season is over and start a new one for all the fun new developments of the 2025 Buckeyes and Big Ten related shenanigans... 

  • I'm going to end this thread here, since the 2024 season is over and start a new one for all the fun new developments of the 2025 Buckeyes and Big Ten related shenanigans... 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to end this thread here, since the 2024 season is over and start a new one for all the fun new developments of the 2025 Buckeyes and Big Ten related shenanigans... 

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to end this thread here, since the 2024 season is over and start a new one for all the fun new developments of the 2025 Buckeyes and Big Ten related shenanigans... 

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

    What caliber of gun is being held at to your head forcing you to read it?

  • @mld-woody said:

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

    What caliber of gun is being held at to your head forcing you to read it?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    What caliber of gun is being held at to your head forcing you to read it?

    None at all. I enjoy the Michigan mega thread 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to end this thread here, since the 2024 season is over and start a new one for all the fun new developments of the 2025 Buckeyes and Big Ten related shenanigans... 

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I look forward to the next Michigan.... I mean Ohio State mega thread 

    We can start a thread about the punishment that will levied against MU by the NCAA?

    IMG_4108.jpeg

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/45732157/ex-michigan-staffer-conor-stalions-says-knew-most-signals-7-games

    2022.

    The Buckeyes didn't lose in 2021 because of cheating.  They got handled up front.

    They lost in 2023 because of a couple early turnovers and a piss-poor season long (non) rotation along the defensive front.  A giant coaching blunder.

    They didn't lose this past November because of cheating.  Day simply said he was going to run headfirst into a brick wall because he was stronger.   

    2022 is the one I really have an enormous fucking problem with. They didn't get handled along the trenches, the defense played well the entire 1st half and, apart from a couple plays, great in their run fits.   The coaches had some questionable calls early as well.      But even then, going back to chart plays it was pretty painfully obvious by the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, and gearing up into their 3rd drive, that fuckery was about.  

  • https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/45732157/ex-michigan-staffer-conor-stalions-says-knew-most-signals-7-games

    2022.

    The Buckeyes didn't lose in 2021 because of cheating.  They got handled up front.

    They lost in 2023 because of a couple early turnovers and a piss-poor season long (non) rotation along the defensive front.  A giant coaching blunder.

    They didn't lose this past November because of cheating.  Day simply said he was going to run headfirst into a brick wall because he was stronger.   

    2022 is the one I really have an enormous fucking problem with. They didn't get handled along the trenches, the defense played well the entire 1st half and, apart from a couple plays, great in their run fits.   The coaches had some questionable calls early as well.      But even then, going back to chart plays it was pretty painfully obvious by the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, and gearing up into their 3rd drive, that fuckery was about.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/45732157/ex-michigan-staffer-conor-stalions-says-knew-most-signals-7-games

    2022.

    The Buckeyes didn't lose in 2021 because of cheating.  They got handled up front.

    They lost in 2023 because of a couple early turnovers and a piss-poor season long (non) rotation along the defensive front.  A giant coaching blunder.

    They didn't lose this past November because of cheating.  Day simply said he was going to run headfirst into a brick wall because he was stronger.   

    2022 is the one I really have an enormous fucking problem with. They didn't get handled along the trenches, the defense played well the entire 1st half and, apart from a couple plays, great in their run fits.   The coaches had some questionable calls early as well.      But even then, going back to chart plays it was pretty painfully obvious by the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, and gearing up into their 3rd drive, that fuckery was about.  

    Release the manifesto 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 oh and this past November's game was absolutely hilarious. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts I've ever seen. Idk what Day was thinking. 

    But then they got on a run and won the title so his seat's fine. 

    Get stuffed all game

    Two minute drill of passing right down the field with all star WRs

    Ok now back to running into the two best interior DL in the country 

  • @tiamat63 oh and this past November's game was absolutely hilarious. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts I've ever seen. Idk what Day was thinking. 

    But then they got on a run and won the title so his seat's fine. 

    Get stuffed all game

    Two minute drill of passing right down the field with all star WRs

    Ok now back to running into the two best interior DL in the country 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    @tiamat63 oh and this past November's game was absolutely hilarious. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts I've ever seen. Idk what Day was thinking. 

    But then they got on a run and won the title so his seat's fine. 

    Get stuffed all game

    Two minute drill of passing right down the field with all star WRs

    Ok now back to running into the two best interior DL in the country 

    Oh I know.  For the first time in 20 years, I had to watch that horse abortion sober at home because we ended up having a massive, generational snowfall over the course of the holiday weekend.

     Believe me the Bucks coaching staff, even in the 2022 game, didn't have their shit together.  And some of their calls 2 years ago were poor.  Knowles in particularly 4th quarter.  I'm cautiously guarded about Day, even after a natty.  

     That said, I went back after the scandal broke and charted the entire first half of plays from 2022.  Starting at the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, but swelling significantly at the 3rd drive;   UM had some defensive calls and executions that reappear incredibly curious at minimum, but outright suspicious when pieced together looking back on it.

     So either they pieced together the greatest stretch of independent defensive calls at just the right time to force field goals and punts;  or there was clearly an advanced, comprehensive understanding of tOSUs offensive signal structure copied, deciphered and mastered in advance of The Game. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    @tiamat63 oh and this past November's game was absolutely hilarious. Maybe one of the worst coaching efforts I've ever seen. Idk what Day was thinking. 

    But then they got on a run and won the title so his seat's fine. 

    Get stuffed all game

    Two minute drill of passing right down the field with all star WRs

    Ok now back to running into the two best interior DL in the country 

    Oh I know.  For the first time in 20 years, I had to watch that horse abortion sober at home because we ended up having a massive, generational snowfall over the course of the holiday weekend.

     Believe me the Bucks coaching staff, even in the 2022 game, didn't have their shit together.  And some of their calls 2 years ago were poor.  Knowles in particularly 4th quarter.  I'm cautiously guarded about Day, even after a natty.  

     That said, I went back after the scandal broke and charted the entire first half of plays from 2022.  Starting at the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, but swelling significantly at the 3rd drive;   UM had some defensive calls and executions that reappear incredibly curious at minimum, but outright suspicious when pieced together looking back on it.

     So either they pieced together the greatest stretch of independent defensive calls at just the right time to force field goals and punts;  or there was clearly an advanced, comprehensive understanding of tOSUs offensive signal structure copied, deciphered and mastered in advance of The Game. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh I know.  For the first time in 20 years, I had to watch that horse abortion sober at home because we ended up having a massive, generational snowfall over the course of the holiday weekend.

     Believe me the Bucks coaching staff, even in the 2022 game, didn't have their shit together.  And some of their calls 2 years ago were poor.  Knowles in particularly 4th quarter.  I'm cautiously guarded about Day, even after a natty.  

     That said, I went back after the scandal broke and charted the entire first half of plays from 2022.  Starting at the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, but swelling significantly at the 3rd drive;   UM had some defensive calls and executions that reappear incredibly curious at minimum, but outright suspicious when pieced together looking back on it.

     So either they pieced together the greatest stretch of independent defensive calls at just the right time to force field goals and punts;  or there was clearly an advanced, comprehensive understanding of tOSUs offensive signal structure copied, deciphered and mastered in advance of The Game. 

    I mean, we'll agree to disagree I guess. I think Stallions is just hanging onto his 15 minutes of fame with these comments (sorta doing a Zach Smith). I also think Stallions had the right combination of neurotic, autism, obsession, etc to be perfect of sign stealing. He just stretched the boundaries. 

    Also, when all of this came out, we had reports of other schools, including OSU, trading with other program sign stealers to get Michigan's signs. Two of OSUs sign stealers out their Venmos on private at that time too. 

    Shit, OSU fans were ridiculous enough to think we hacked their catapult practice video and that's how we beat them or something. 

    Michigan clearly has an enemy within the NCAA, or at least Harbaugh does. The NCAA made comments on this investigation that were unprecedented / against their own rules.

    Not feeling like rehashing it all, but folks that want to make a big deal about it will continue to. Especially OSU and MSU fans. It is what it is. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Oh I know.  For the first time in 20 years, I had to watch that horse abortion sober at home because we ended up having a massive, generational snowfall over the course of the holiday weekend.

     Believe me the Bucks coaching staff, even in the 2022 game, didn't have their shit together.  And some of their calls 2 years ago were poor.  Knowles in particularly 4th quarter.  I'm cautiously guarded about Day, even after a natty.  

     That said, I went back after the scandal broke and charted the entire first half of plays from 2022.  Starting at the end of the Bucks 2nd drive, but swelling significantly at the 3rd drive;   UM had some defensive calls and executions that reappear incredibly curious at minimum, but outright suspicious when pieced together looking back on it.

     So either they pieced together the greatest stretch of independent defensive calls at just the right time to force field goals and punts;  or there was clearly an advanced, comprehensive understanding of tOSUs offensive signal structure copied, deciphered and mastered in advance of The Game. 

    I mean, we'll agree to disagree I guess. I think Stallions is just hanging onto his 15 minutes of fame with these comments (sorta doing a Zach Smith). I also think Stallions had the right combination of neurotic, autism, obsession, etc to be perfect of sign stealing. He just stretched the boundaries. 

    Also, when all of this came out, we had reports of other schools, including OSU, trading with other program sign stealers to get Michigan's signs. Two of OSUs sign stealers out their Venmos on private at that time too. 

    Shit, OSU fans were ridiculous enough to think we hacked their catapult practice video and that's how we beat them or something. 

    Michigan clearly has an enemy within the NCAA, or at least Harbaugh does. The NCAA made comments on this investigation that were unprecedented / against their own rules.

    Not feeling like rehashing it all, but folks that want to make a big deal about it will continue to. Especially OSU and MSU fans. It is what it is. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I mean, we'll agree to disagree I guess. I

    There just must be a "deep state" within the NCAA, huh?   Meanhile we all seemingly belong to our Cult of Emotional Appeal.

     When I can piece together plays where defenders abandon assignments and play well beyond logical structure, then any professional will see it as well when they pop on tape.  Not to mention Vegas' interest in covering spreads at a historic pace. 

      UM will get a piece of the hammer, deservedly so.  Stallions is far removed from the game of football where he doesnt belong, and we can all get back to normal week 1.  

     Looking forward to another season. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    I mean, we'll agree to disagree I guess. I

    There just must be a "deep state" within the NCAA, huh?   Meanhile we all seemingly belong to our Cult of Emotional Appeal.

     When I can piece together plays where defenders abandon assignments and play well beyond logical structure, then any professional will see it as well when they pop on tape.  Not to mention Vegas' interest in covering spreads at a historic pace. 

      UM will get a piece of the hammer, deservedly so.  Stallions is far removed from the game of football where he doesnt belong, and we can all get back to normal week 1.  

     Looking forward to another season. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    There just must be a "deep state" within the NCAA, huh?   Meanhile we all seemingly belong to our Cult of Emotional Appeal.

     When I can piece together plays where defenders abandon assignments and play well beyond logical structure, then any professional will see it as well when they pop on tape.  Not to mention Vegas' interest in covering spreads at a historic pace. 

      UM will get a piece of the hammer, deservedly so.  Stallions is far removed from the game of football where he doesnt belong, and we can all get back to normal week 1.  

     Looking forward to another season. 

    We're all just Youngstown Boys at heart, huh?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    There just must be a "deep state" within the NCAA, huh?   Meanhile we all seemingly belong to our Cult of Emotional Appeal.

     When I can piece together plays where defenders abandon assignments and play well beyond logical structure, then any professional will see it as well when they pop on tape.  Not to mention Vegas' interest in covering spreads at a historic pace. 

      UM will get a piece of the hammer, deservedly so.  Stallions is far removed from the game of football where he doesnt belong, and we can all get back to normal week 1.  

     Looking forward to another season. 

    We're all just Youngstown Boys at heart, huh?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    We're all just Youngstown Boys at heart, huh?

    If chugging vodka in my car with a loaded AK-47 next to me is wrong, then I don't want to be right. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.   

    Interesting. 

  • CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.   

    Interesting. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.   

    Interesting. 

    This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    CMU has received an NOA and has been under investigation re: Conner Stallions.   

    Interesting. 

    This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there? 

    Who and why?    Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU. 

     Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party? 

  • @mld-woody said:

    This is the most interesting part of the story to me at this point. I mean, he had on a disguise and everything. Who from CMU got him out there? 

    Who and why?    Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU. 

     Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party? 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Who and why?    Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU. 

     Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party? 

    But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands. The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time. 

    They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs. 

    My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get. Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info, or I could send my boy out with an iPhone and get the same info in one feed. Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.

    "Need" is a strong word. This man would squeeze water from a stone if he thought it helped Michigan football. I still want the manifesto. I'd pay him for it. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Who and why?    Because he sure as hell isn't gathering info on CMU. 

     Which also begs another question- if he was the perfect combination of autistic, neurotic, obsessed, etc etc... why such a need for advanced scouting of signals both in person and via 3rd party? 

    But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands. The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time. 

    They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs. 

    My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get. Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info, or I could send my boy out with an iPhone and get the same info in one feed. Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.

    "Need" is a strong word. This man would squeeze water from a stone if he thought it helped Michigan football. I still want the manifesto. I'd pay him for it. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @mld-woody said:

    But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands.

    Quid pro quo.   CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline.   I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"

    @mld-woody said:

    The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time. 

     If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally.  If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs.   If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range.      Plus we consider fan obstructions.  Stallions is what... 5'8?  Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.  

     Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording.  If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.   

     Reminds me of a quote.

     "The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect" 

    @mld-woody said:

    They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs. 

     But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it? 

     Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players.  Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them.  I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision.    One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011.   That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.

    @mld-woody said:

    My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get.

     I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had.   One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity.  Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them.    ISR, I believe was their acronym.  

     Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)

     In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's.   In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology.    So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades,  I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems.  While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals.  It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc...   Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)

     Gather intel.   Interpret raw Data.  Build a knowledge base.  Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes.            Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info

     Absolutely fucking not.       I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before.   I have large files worth of college all-22.  Almost half a season worth from multiple teams.  You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year.  Yet you still boldly drop this line.   Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence.        You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence. 

    While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.   

    @mld-woody said:

    Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.

    First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws.  Secondly, of course they would leave some games early.  Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.   

    Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record. 

    "I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"

     Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023.   The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain.  The game final was Penn State 63-0.

     The student section at that point would be staying.  But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.  

    @mld-woody said:

    " I still want the manifesto "

     Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you)    Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was?  He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.   

     He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature.   Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself.     If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.

     Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.     

     But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming.  That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully.    Self victim tactic.

  • @mld-woody said:

    But if he was gathering info on MSU for Michigan, why would he do that by putting on a disguise and sneaking onto the CMU sidelines instead of just watching from the stands.

    Quid pro quo.   CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline.   I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"

    @mld-woody said:

    The risk increases exponentially and if anything you have a worse vantage point. Someone on CMU had to want him there to help them decode MSU signals in real time. 

     If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally.  If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs.   If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range.      Plus we consider fan obstructions.  Stallions is what... 5'8?  Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.  

     Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording.  If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.   

     Reminds me of a quote.

     "The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect" 

    @mld-woody said:

    They should have just colluded with other teams like OSU did to get info on Michigan's signs. 

     But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it? 

     Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players.  Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them.  I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision.    One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011.   That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.

    @mld-woody said:

    My guess is he was always looking to optimize his work, which I totally get.

     I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had.   One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity.  Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them.    ISR, I believe was their acronym.  

     Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)

     In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's.   In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology.    So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades,  I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems.  While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals.  It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc...   Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)

     Gather intel.   Interpret raw Data.  Build a knowledge base.  Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes.            Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure, I could look through all 22, TV recordings, etc, and hash it all together to get the same info

     Absolutely fucking not.       I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before.   I have large files worth of college all-22.  Almost half a season worth from multiple teams.  You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year.  Yet you still boldly drop this line.   Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence.        You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence. 

    While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.   

    @mld-woody said:

    Though there were reports of his deep network of highly trained spies just leaving early from games anyway.

    First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws.  Secondly, of course they would leave some games early.  Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.   

    Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record. 

    "I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"

     Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023.   The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain.  The game final was Penn State 63-0.

     The student section at that point would be staying.  But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.  

    @mld-woody said:

    " I still want the manifesto "

     Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you)    Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was?  He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.   

     He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature.   Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself.     If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.

     Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.     

     But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming.  That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully.    Self victim tactic.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    @tiamat63 said:

    Quid pro quo.   CMU was getting something out of it, that's why there are pictures of him talking (briefly) to others on the sideline.   I would find it difficult to believe nobody would be asking "who are you?"

     If the signal squad is directly across the field from me, I can stay in step with them laterally.  If I'm in the stands across from them, it may be harder to gauge what they're doing at a distance without having a monocular or a pair of binocs.   If he was in fact wearing spy shades (which given the blue light in the pictures and the fact it was a night-time game and he's the only asshole I can tell wearing sun glasses) is true, then those also likely have a depth of capture to quality range.      Plus we consider fan obstructions.  Stallions is what... 5'8?  Unless you get front row tickets, you might have an issue that only mobility can help with.  

     Being on the field in CMU garb makes plenty of sense as well. Makes you far more mobile, and nobody questions why you're there documenting on field action and possibly recording.  If I'm in the stands with any capture device or a notepad writing shit down, I know there will be eyes on me wondering what I'm doing.   

     Reminds me of a quote.

     "The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect" 

     But this isn't about tOSU, or any other teams beyond UM and CMU, now is it? 

     Buckeyes had their time, and they fired Tressel along with giving a lengthy suspension to players.  Tressel was rightly fired for not telling the FBI to secretly inform the NCAA of it's investigations and instead misdirected them.  I understand the feds are a higher authority, but it was short-sighted decision.    One I recall quite a few Michigan fans cheering, especially after beating us in 2011.   That also includes the University itself fully cooperating with the resulting investigation, something UM has been less than stellar with.

     I'm a lucky guy for the friends and experiences I've had.   One worked for the Navy in Cybersecurity.  Another, my oldest friend (call him my cousin) A retired E-6 Marine, gave me some scope as to how they recon in Afghanistan for tribal intel and how regionally gathered intel was disseminated to them.    ISR, I believe was their acronym.  

     Beyond just that, intel requires re-verification for accuracy over a certain period time. (Decay of intel)

     In my previous line of work, I wrote some SOP's.   In most SOPs, you either have or will build a system of improvement to the methodology.    So when I see Connor on the sidelines of MSU, wearing spy shades,  I see a man re-verifying the quality of his intel for a hit rate... be it whatever percentage he deems.  While also gathering fresh intel on potentially new signals.  It would stand to reason if MSU changed 25% of their signals, it's likely most teams would have as well. So now you have to focus on prioritizing the tiers of the 75%. Do I have formation? Route structures? Blocking assignments? Snap count? etc etc...   Then logical extrapolation of the gaps and finding a way to re-gather the remaining 25% (if you can)

     Gather intel.   Interpret raw Data.  Build a knowledge base.  Maintain and expand the knowledge base while refining processes.            Pretty simple strategies both in the Military and Business.

     Absolutely fucking not.       I've posted all-22 NFL clips on here that you've watched before.   I have large files worth of college all-22.  Almost half a season worth from multiple teams.  You know I have these files, because you read my work on Cedric Tillman in the early days of his rookie year.  Yet you still boldly drop this line.   Feels like a bit of an insult to my intelligence.        You're a smart guy, but your emotional play here is trumping that intelligence. 

    While I might catch a few hands waves in a quick passing camera view, I will not get anywhere near enough focus to build anything close to reliable data set where I can accurately and consistently decipher signals formation to formation.   

    First off, who cares? If they were there recording at his paying behest, then it's absolutely a violation of NCAA laws.  Secondly, of course they would leave some games early.  Because if I'm recording shit on a phone, it's going to look really fucking weird if I hang back to continue recording a blowout while fans exit the stands.   

    Thirdly, to back up some of your reports, this was a line from a coach (allegedly) paid to record. 

    "I only did a half because it was pouring rain and they were playing UMass," the source said. "It didn't pay well enough, so I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not staying here.'"

     Let's see - Umass played Penn State, in College Station Oct 2023.   The reported weather, per world-weatherinfo.com on Oct. 14th was 46degress and heavy rain.  The game final was Penn State 63-0.

     The student section at that point would be staying.  But the bulk of alumni and fans are probably getting their cold, rainy asses out of there for a late season game that was almost 35-0 at halftime.  

     Connor is the right level of unhinged and self-assured 'genius' to warrant talk of just how it sounds like another person, maybe of a political persuasion, that you aren't a fan of (which I can't blame you)    Notice how Stallions is lashing out on Twitter, talking down to seemingly everyone while telling those who will listen essentially how easy it was?  He has this massive brain and I.Q. and everyone else simply doesn't.   

     He's an easy mental trigger, just like a fellow gent of an "orange" nature.   Say something about him doing or saying something demonstratable dumb, and he'll rant to the opposite in a desperate attempt to prove himself.     If you don't see the parallel's between the ears from those two, then I don't know what to tell you.

     Hammer is coming. I hope it's swift, heavy and not drawn out.     

     But the more Stallions talks, the more obvious it looks like he's just working up a defense for what he knows is coming.  That he's just tHaT sMaRt, everyone else is wrong/beneath him and this is the NCAA being a bully.    Self victim tactic.

    Damn, this is a lot. I'm on my phone so I'll try to make each response clear

    I absolutely believe CMU was getting something out of it. I question whatever Michigan would be getting out of it. Even within the context of everything he was allegedly doing. 

    I mean, do we think fans, in a not student section, were standing that whole game? I'm sure he could have got decent views from the sidelines. You'd think he'd be more obstructed on a sideline while trying to keep a low profile. 

    Again, apparently that's what his network of spies were doing. Which apparently gave so much secret info it's the singular reason why Michigan was successful. So if it was that powerful of a setup no reason to go the extra mile with the spy get up, right?

    The quip was about what came out with OSU and other teams in regards to prepping for Michigan. During those weeks you'd think anything related to interpreting signs was this grand offense. Just pointing out what we know others have done. About the same week multiple OSU sign guy Venmo accounts went private. 

    I think the Tressel stuff has been hashed out to death. How exactly did the institution not cooperate? There was talk of Moore deleting texts from Stalions but he immediately got them back and handed over his phone when asked. Not exactly Meyer deleting texts with the Zach Smith stuff. 

    Yeah, I have no doubt Stalions fully obsessed over his decoding of signs and everything he could do to improve his system. Hell, there was a lot of talk about what rules Michigan even potentially broke based on the wording in the rulebook. I'm sure he was going through that with a fine tooth comb to get any advantage he could. 

    I don't like hearing that I'm not objective on this and it's an emotional play because of my college fandom. I come from a place of this being overblown and I've heard similar from folks in the field that spoke on this when it happened. You're more knowledgeable than me on film here so I'll leave it be. 

    Well, we'll see how the sanctions end. We'll see how the go at Michigan's head from the NCAA ends. 

    I never said I LIKED the guy. He's probably absolutely insufferable. And he's very clearly trying to ride his 15 minutes of fame on twitter. I wouldn't trust anything directly he's saying. He just wants attention. I'm saying I want the manifesto, as a Michigan and college football fan, because I'm incredibly interested in what he wrote. 

    We'll see if there's any hammer, especially with Pettiti pulling away, one of the biggest critics early on.