Ponder this...
-
Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.
If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?
First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.
If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.
-
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
-
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
Situation has never been even close to the same.
We were all on DA's nuts the first half of '07, then he became DA.
-
Ponder this ....
59 User(s) are browsing this forum (38 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
20 Members: ATENEARS, Drunkandstoopid, The Gipper, Riffer X, PlaygroundLegend, choco, LCDawgFan13, Riceloft, ndneighbor*, BernietheKid, ITHIKA, Timugen, razor1414, JADBF, Lumbergh, AdaM, thomasw, Vegasdogg, lemosley01, Fooleeze, TheClevelandSound
-
@inspecta said:
I'm gonna go on record right now and say Quinn tosses multiple TD's this week.duly noted
-
Ponder this ....
59 User(s) are browsing this forum (38 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
20 Members: ATENEARS, Drunkandstoopid, The Gipper, Riffer X, PlaygroundLegend, choco, LCDawgFan13, Riceloft, ndneighbor*, BernietheKid, ITHIKA, Timugen, razor1414, JADBF, Lumbergh, AdaM, thomasw, Vegasdogg, lemosley01, Fooleeze, TheClevelandSound
Ponder this ....
59 User(s) are browsing this forum (38 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
20 Members: ATENEARS, Drunkandstoopid, The Gipper, Riffer X, PlaygroundLegend, choco, LCDawgFan13, Riceloft, ndneighbor*, BernietheKid, ITHIKA, Timugen, razor1414, JADBF, Lumbergh, AdaM, thomasw, Vegasdogg, lemosley01, Fooleeze, TheClevelandSound
Golf clap?
-
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
DA wasn't in the same situation last year, as he wasn't on career start #4 he was on starts 19~26.
DA wasn't in a new offensive system last year. He was in year #2 of it.
So not the exact same situation.
Yes, BQs less than 80 pass efficiency is ok for now (meaning in his 4th career start). It won't be ok if that continues into a trend. Just as it wasn't ok for DA.
-
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
Drunky, honestly sometimes I don't know who is cuter in their defense for the size 18er, you or Lumfreddy.
You are more of the genuine "but what you guys said is wrong" whereas Lumsford is strictly wise ass material worthy of the Oregon Middle School Hall of Fame.
Keep pluggin away tho Drunky, the shit is adorable.
PS Don't let Butthead go and Beavis you, Lums ain't that tough.
-
@danamal said:
There are some really good knowledgeable guys in here that are great with stats but they dont tell the whole story.I cant believe im saying this but I actually agree with stan about how when you only look at stats you could spin Quinns game into a not so bad thing but if you watched the game,he looked like shit no ifs and or buts.
Across the board cohesive play,no stupid penalties,and the potential to really look like this team can be a force in a few more games is the most important thing im looking for this week.
Denver or whoever the opponent doesnt matter to me its how we play the game after falling apart in the second half last week.
Looked like shit at times, sure. The whole entire game, no he didn't. It wasn't a good game by any means, but it wasn't the extream of bad either. Hell it wasn't the worst or even the 2nd worst performance by a QB this past weekend.
-
@danamal said:
As I stated in another thread,Im not looking for anything more than someone behind center who shows improvement and is becoming the field general we need,and if he looks no different than he did in the Vikings game we may have a problem,but if he commands the offense,manages the game well and plays to his potential and shows a clearcut upside then im happy.
100% agree here as well....

We have way bigger problems on the offense than just the QB many of us have said the same thing when DA was the starter and its still true...
I think as a collection of fans we are looking for some godlike instant super hero QB to step up and make this POS offense look instantly elite it aint happening folks no QB in the league could make that happen with the browns offense so kick back and hope that BQ can do something with it...
-
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.
Huh?
DA's "new system" was in 2007 (when in fact it was damn near the same one he ran in college and identical to what was run in the Pro Bowl - making that episode that much more of a laugher). The earliest "piling on" of DA began in the tavern of Pitt 2 in that year with Fluges showing up on Monday with the "D.umb A.ss" nickname (or Drive Assassin - I can't remember which was 1st).
The full on bashing didn't start until Cincy 2 (I think we can all guess why). The next season (a full year in his "new" system), he continued on the same shitty slope with the MNF win against the Giants being his (and my) only bright spot of the whole season.
So what exactly are you talking about?
-
@danamal said:
Go watch the game again,Quinn looked like shit.
I expect more from him and in time I think he delivers but I wont make any excuses for what I saw with my own two eyes.
And I am not saying he was good for an over all whole either. There were times he looked like shit, but there were times he looked good.
IMO the generalization of a complete game as shit is reserved for performance like Cutlers and Delhommes last week.
-
@shepwrite said:
Let's say it's the same situation: Quinn gets, what? 24 more starts?Fair enough.
Did we have a guy on the bench who was 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's in his last two seasons?
No, we had basically a green first year player and a 5yr vet that was 2-11 as a starter throwing 8TD's to 18 INT's.
So, cut the bullshit about the 27 start leash.
-
Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.
If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?
First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.
If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.
First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.
Uh huh.
Never a bad word about the guy who killed us in the 2nd half of 2007 and murdered 2008. I guess losing was OK by you as long as anybody-but-Quinn was at the helm.
-
@shepwrite said:
Seriously. Quinn threw ONE pick on a miscommunication.FYI, quarterbacks are responsible for communicating with their WRs.
-
@inspecta said:
I think the thing I enjoyed most about Quinn's performance on Sunday was his ability to get the f*ck outta the pocket when that shit collapsed and made some nice throws on the run. Yeah some of them were dropped but that's not on him.Wasn't the greatest opening day debut for a new QB to be sure, but I saw enough there that showed promise. One thing is for sure. Quinn is going to work his ass off to become better. The man is a freakin' machine when it comes to that shit.
Well I brought it up after the game but DA would never have pulled the Garo thing. No fooking way he ever gets out of the pocket to be able to do it, although he may have chucked it up for grabs before he got lit up.
-
@shepwrite said:
Me, too.Still the funniest, most ironic thread title: "Brady Quinn Sucks and Always Has! Put Anderson Back In!"
I laugh every time I see it. The Maxwell Trophy winner and first round pick, the guy who had 69 TDs and 14 INTs under Weis, the guy who had the best Browns quarterback debut in history... has always sucked.
And the 6th round pick who went on to be the lowest rated passer in the NFL last year is the answer.
Good stuff. Brilliant, in fact.
Shep,are you ok?All you want to do is endlessly recite quinn's resume?I dont give a crap about the Maxwell trophy or the pop-tarts trophy or any other trophy he may have won...NFL History is littered with HEISMAN trophy winners who couldn't make the transition to the Pro's...here's a newsflash...what he did under Weis is irrelevant, he isn't under weis anymore,he is under Mangini now,if he has a good game,fine....if he doesn't...well I think you know it will be more endless debate. I cry every time you post another one of these threads...you don't want this debate to die....you keep fueling the fire...
-
@jadbf said:
Yeah lets only count the MIDDLE games. Lets not count the first 3 games of his career, but then talk about Quinn's first 4. And lets for sure not count the 2008 season at all. that was all the rest of the teams fault.Those were games he started and was credited for the W/L ... I'm not dissecting his stats, I rounded to two seasons, but if you want, I'll make this statement:
DID WE HAVE A GUY ON THE BENCH LAST SEASON THAT was: 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Not 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's, but 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Did we?
(Geez, stop responding to every post as if you are saying something ... damn, zippy was right)
-
I wish there were something else to talk about...
Ponder this. Quinn did suck last week. But, 90% of this board has been saying that DA sucks and to give Quinn a chance because he could be the future. I hope that Quinn is successful so that we aren't drafting a QB next year. There are some things that concern me with Quinn just as there are with DA. But, most browns fans realize that if Quinn isn't successful it will take longer for the Browns to win
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to defend Quinn when you are being baited
-
@jadbf said:
Yeah lets only count the MIDDLE games. Lets not count the first 3 games of his career, but then talk about Quinn's first 4. And lets for sure not count the 2008 season at all. that was all the rest of the teams fault.Those were games he started and was credited for the W/L ... I'm not dissecting his stats, I rounded to two seasons, but if you want, I'll make this statement:
DID WE HAVE A GUY ON THE BENCH LAST SEASON THAT was: 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Not 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's, but 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Did we?
(Geez, stop responding to every post as if you are saying something ... damn, zippy was right)
Those were games he started and was credited for the W/L ... I'm not dissecting his stats, I rounded to two seasons, but if you want, I'll make this statement:
DID WE HAVE A GUY ON THE BENCH LAST SEASON THAT was: 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Not 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's, but 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?
Did we?
(Geez, stop responding to every post as if you are saying something ... damn, zippy was right)
Quinn had no expeirence while Anderson was struggling and Dorsey was 2-11 as a starter with 8TD's to 18INT's under his belt.
It will be a little different if we hit a road this time and a young guy with 27 starts is available.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login