Browns hire new offensive coordinator: Ken Dorsey headed to Cleveland after Bills firing, per report
-
" With Stefanski calling plays, the Browns' offense has been more pass-focused."
Only ranked outside of the top 7 in rush attempts once every single year since Stef has been head coach. Sports media is a fucking joke.
-
-
Meh. Just a hire to replace a fire and is nothing more than a lateral move. Hopefully he can work some magic with the QB position.
Meh. Just a hire to replace a fire and is nothing more than a lateral move. Hopefully he can work some magic with the QB position.
Agreed. I say this because Buffalo was 5-5 with him before going 6-1 without him. Josh Allen was having one of his worst seasons as a veteran player. If that's a massive upgrade over Alex Van Pelt - color me fooled...
I like our other hires though...
-
Meh. Just a hire to replace a fire and is nothing more than a lateral move. Hopefully he can work some magic with the QB position.
Agreed. I say this because Buffalo was 5-5 with him before going 6-1 without him. Josh Allen was having one of his worst seasons as a veteran player. If that's a massive upgrade over Alex Van Pelt - color me fooled...
I like our other hires though...
Agreed. I say this because Buffalo was 5-5 with him before going 6-1 without him. Josh Allen was having one of his worst seasons as a veteran player. If that's a massive upgrade over Alex Van Pelt - color me fooled...
I like our other hires though...
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
-
Agreed. I say this because Buffalo was 5-5 with him before going 6-1 without him. Josh Allen was having one of his worst seasons as a veteran player. If that's a massive upgrade over Alex Van Pelt - color me fooled...
I like our other hires though...
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
Don't confuse me.
-
Agreed. I say this because Buffalo was 5-5 with him before going 6-1 without him. Josh Allen was having one of his worst seasons as a veteran player. If that's a massive upgrade over Alex Van Pelt - color me fooled...
I like our other hires though...
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
Okay, I just verified your points Dutch. Feeling better. In 2022, Buffalo was ranked 2nd in total yards at 397.6 yards per game. They ranked 7th in passing offense with 258.1 yards per game; and 7th in rushing offense with 139.5 yards per game; and 2nd at points scored with 28.4.
-
So he was their OC starting in 2022... The Bills offense was very good, at the top of the rankings in points scored and yards gained.
But then it went downhill this year, when Allen became a turnover machine for the first ten weeks or so of the season.
Okay, I just verified your points Dutch. Feeling better. In 2022, Buffalo was ranked 2nd in total yards at 397.6 yards per game. They ranked 7th in passing offense with 258.1 yards per game; and 7th in rushing offense with 139.5 yards per game; and 2nd at points scored with 28.4.
Okay, I just verified your points Dutch. Feeling better. In 2022, Buffalo was ranked 2nd in total yards at 397.6 yards per game. They ranked 7th in passing offense with 258.1 yards per game; and 7th in rushing offense with 139.5 yards per game; and 2nd at points scored with 28.4.
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
-
" With Stefanski calling plays, the Browns' offense has been more pass-focused."
Only ranked outside of the top 7 in rush attempts once every single year since Stef has been head coach. Sports media is a fucking joke.
-
I’m not gonna armchair judge stefanskis hire until I see the results of it.
-
Okay, I just verified your points Dutch. Feeling better. In 2022, Buffalo was ranked 2nd in total yards at 397.6 yards per game. They ranked 7th in passing offense with 258.1 yards per game; and 7th in rushing offense with 139.5 yards per game; and 2nd at points scored with 28.4.
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
Sean McDermott has been quoted saying (paraphrasing here) " Josh Allen's style of play is not sustainable long-term."
McD put the shackles on Allen rushing the ball, essentially eliminating his greatest skill. The Bills were basically a comedy of errors the 1st 10 weeks, losing to the Jets, Denver, & New England.
McD needed a scapegoat, so he canned Dorsey. That's how I see it. McD won't blame his defense, something he's in charge of (they have heavy $$ investment in their D line, which produced 0 sacks in 2 playoff games).
Hopefully Dorsey becomes a valuable asset here. We'll see.
-
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
Sean McDermott has been quoted saying (paraphrasing here) " Josh Allen's style of play is not sustainable long-term."
McD put the shackles on Allen rushing the ball, essentially eliminating his greatest skill. The Bills were basically a comedy of errors the 1st 10 weeks, losing to the Jets, Denver, & New England.
McD needed a scapegoat, so he canned Dorsey. That's how I see it. McD won't blame his defense, something he's in charge of (they have heavy $$ investment in their D line, which produced 0 sacks in 2 playoff games).
Hopefully Dorsey becomes a valuable asset here. We'll see.
Sean McDermott has been quoted saying (paraphrasing here) " Josh Allen's style of play is not sustainable long-term."
McD put the shackles on Allen rushing the ball, essentially eliminating his greatest skill. The Bills were basically a comedy of errors the 1st 10 weeks, losing to the Jets, Denver, & New England.
McD needed a scapegoat, so he canned Dorsey. That's how I see it. McD won't blame his defense, something he's in charge of (they have heavy $$ investment in their D line, which produced 0 sacks in 2 playoff games).
Hopefully Dorsey becomes a valuable asset here. We'll see.
Ken Dorsey runs a "Thinking Man's" offense.. There's a lot to digest.. Maybe it was just too complicated for Allen.. And maybe Allen is better off running a simple "Throw, Catch and Run" O more conducive to his strengths
-
Okay, I just verified your points Dutch. Feeling better. In 2022, Buffalo was ranked 2nd in total yards at 397.6 yards per game. They ranked 7th in passing offense with 258.1 yards per game; and 7th in rushing offense with 139.5 yards per game; and 2nd at points scored with 28.4.
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
Now, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year and how he couldn't even make it out of his second season after such a good first...
I think because he ignored the rushing attack which improved after his departure. Most advanced analytics dropped after his departure however. Funnily enough in the divisional game they still abandoned the run early in his absence which was one of his criticisms. I'm fine with the hire, after going 11-6 with this injured roster they have a pass unless they fall flat on their face next season.
-
Sean McDermott has been quoted saying (paraphrasing here) " Josh Allen's style of play is not sustainable long-term."
McD put the shackles on Allen rushing the ball, essentially eliminating his greatest skill. The Bills were basically a comedy of errors the 1st 10 weeks, losing to the Jets, Denver, & New England.
McD needed a scapegoat, so he canned Dorsey. That's how I see it. McD won't blame his defense, something he's in charge of (they have heavy $$ investment in their D line, which produced 0 sacks in 2 playoff games).
Hopefully Dorsey becomes a valuable asset here. We'll see.
Ken Dorsey runs a "Thinking Man's" offense.. There's a lot to digest.. Maybe it was just too complicated for Allen.. And maybe Allen is better off running a simple "Throw, Catch and Run" O more conducive to his strengths
-
-
It appears that somebody has made a mistake here. Either Buffalo fired him and he's actually not very good...and we made the mistake. Or Buffalo knee-jerked and he IS good. I'll say this about AVP...he did the one thing that nobody else has done this century, he won us a playoff game.
-
It appears that somebody has made a mistake here. Either Buffalo fired him and he's actually not very good...and we made the mistake. Or Buffalo knee-jerked and he IS good. I'll say this about AVP...he did the one thing that nobody else has done this century, he won us a playoff game.
It appears that somebody has made a mistake here. Either Buffalo fired him and he's actually not very good...and we made the mistake. Or Buffalo knee-jerked and he IS good. I'll say this about AVP...he did the one thing that nobody else has done this century, he won us a playoff game.
Ken Dorsey was Josh Allen’s handpicked offensive coordinator when Brian Daboll left to become the Giants’ head coach. All he did was lead the Bills to the 2nd-ranked offense in 2022 and a top-5 offense in 2023, but he was fired midway through the season anyway. I full-throat defended Dorsey when there was buzz he might be fired and then after he was let go.
He wasn’t the problem in Buffalo and I’m very glad he’s getting a chance to run another offense.
-
-
-
-
It appears that somebody has made a mistake here. Either Buffalo fired him and he's actually not very good...and we made the mistake. Or Buffalo knee-jerked and he IS good. I'll say this about AVP...he did the one thing that nobody else has done this century, he won us a playoff game.
It appears that somebody has made a mistake here. I'll say this about AVP...he did the one thing that nobody else has done this century, he won us a playoff game.
Former ST coach Mike Priefer coached the playoff win.. since, Mike Priefer landed a college coaching job at Kentucky
AVP did call plays in said playoff game
Either Buffalo fired him and he's actually not very good...and we made the mistake. Or Buffalo knee-jerked and he IS good.
Can't image Stef changing anything. Listening to the offensive position coach's weekly pressers from last season. Stef, AVP, Stump & Callahan all had weekly scheme discussions they'd assist putting into the weekly game-plan. Those position coaches just got re-booted.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login