Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects
-
Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it. But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on. I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.
Yeah, it's been an adjustment trying to get excited about drafts without a 1st round pick. That said, it sure seemed like the caliber of 1st round picks went from guys like Myles Garrett, David Njoku and Denzel Ward via Dorsey to Jed Wills and Greg Newsome from Berry. The only starter Berry drafted on the OL was Wills; and that's unfolded like a silent but deadly fart in a crowded elevator. As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3.
The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better. I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.
As for Newsome, he's not awful but I think we could have found equitable talent in rounds 2 or 3. Agreed. And he doesn't have a whole lot of speed.
The mock drafts are helpful to us with getting acquainted with the prospects a little better. I usually like to wait until the combines before I indulge in it a little more.
Yes. I like the combine. I like watching the receivers run the gauntlet. I don't think anyone's made it look easier than Emmanuel Sanders did. (we passed on him and the Steelers took him.......I was disappointed)
-
Maybe it's just me, but I find more contentment in scouting for the middle to late rounds. Usually first round ability is self-evident. I pride myself on having an eye for talent, and that eye is incredibly useful (necessary) when the waters are muddied past pick #32.
It's sort of a competition I like having, with myself and/or others, on seeing whose picks workout. That was something Tour, god rest him, and myself had a fun back n forth on.
Those are also the picks that support your star players. And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom. When you realize how important those roles are, you'll find excitement in finding those players.
Those are also the picks that support your star players. And the roles they fill are vital as a collective. Roster turnover at the mid to bottom. When you realize how important those roles are,
...good post. And I absolutely understand how important those mid to lower rounds are (7th ?? meh, glorified FA's - although you have to study the perceived FA's also). But the time and effort for me to do that is just not gonna happen. Like Flugal, I'll check out some mocks for our earlier rounds...I'll check out draft rankings of the position groups to see who I might like at that pick...but beyond that......umm.....you do it....and I'll just blindly disagree.
-
-
No chance I'd pass on adding.. either/or
DT Sweat or WR McConkey @54
Bama WR Burton or LB E. Cooper @85
T Rouse or A&M WR A. Smith or TE Theo Johnson @134
T Blake Fisher or RB Marshawn Lloyd @154
-
No chance I'd pass on adding.. either/or
DT Sweat or WR McConkey @54
Bama WR Burton or LB E. Cooper @85
T Rouse or A&M WR A. Smith or TE Theo Johnson @134
T Blake Fisher or RB Marshawn Lloyd @154
-
Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it. But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on. I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.
Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it. But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on. I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.
With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.
-
Thanks for this thread and to those who put effort into it. But it's hard for me to get excited about a pick late in the second round...until the second round is actually going on. I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.
With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.
With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.
As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft. Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
-
With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.
As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft. Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.?
-
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.?
I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.?
I dropped a piece of steel on my foot yesterday, and I'd do that every day for the rest of my life to avoid ever going through the pain of a kidney stone again.
-
I feel for you Orion. I passed one a few years ago and it redefined my 1 to 10 pain scale. Previously 10 had been when I broke my leg and simultaneously dislocated my ankle. That has become a 7. The 10++++ kidney stone felt like what the pain from taking a knife to yourself like the Japanese method of hara-kiri feels like, except no one is there to relieve you of the pain by chopping off your head.?
I dropped a piece of steel on my foot yesterday, and I'd do that every day for the rest of my life to avoid ever going through the pain of a kidney stone again.
I dropped a piece of steel on my foot yesterday, and I'd do that every day for the rest of my life to avoid ever going through the pain of a kidney stone again.
My mother-in-law told me she rated her most difficult birthing of 4 children at a 7 and kidney stone a 10.
-
With as many selections to be made before our pick and how FA might impact the draft as far as any needs considerations that might come in to play for all teams, I'd say it is infinite.
As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft. Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
As you say, once we get past the bulk of free agency we can take the 'IN' off of 'infinite' as we might be able to rule out certain positions in the early part of our draft. Once we get into those 6th & 7th round picks, anything goes again.
BTW ballpeen, as of January 8th I am, like you, retired. I highly recommend it. Of course, now I have kidney stones.
I don't highly recommend that. Right now I'm in what scientists would call, A meta stable state. But when I'm having an attack, I wish for the vacuum decay of the universe.
Welcome to retirement. It's nice when everyday is the weekend.
Sorry to hear about the stones.
-
I mean, almost an infinite bunch of scenarios exist with our first pick.
That's just it. A slew of Mocks got posted last season up until March 22 2023.. (5 weeks before the draft)
Jets traded WR Elijah Moore & a 3rd round pick #74 to the Browns. That turned into Elijah Moore & Cedric Tillman. The Jets took a Center, Joe Tippman at the pick we traded #43
Who's to say Berry might find trading #54 is the better option again? (pro GM's/staffs get paid to project players draft slot windows/ misfits too,KC K. Toney, example only)
Attach trading Greg Newsome(rumors) or Wyatt Teller (contract) to pick #54? pick 85?
Berry only needs to get the first 55 drafted players coming off the board correct.. Mock experts can't get the first 32 correct ?
Who's to say Berry might find trading #54 is the better option again? (pro GM's/staffs get paid to project players draft slot windows/ misfits too,KC K. Toney, example only)
Took a look at some options, ruling out now FA's such as Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman. ^^
Most had rumors at last seasons trade deadline and have contract outs in the 2024 season. You know.. Stuff like, the Jets got to go OL with the 10th pick? But wait, misplaced WR Davante Adams could reunite with A.Rod for that #10 pick? -or- Washington, DC's DT Jonathan Allen to the built to win now Packers . Cost? 2.41 plus 4.125
Browns web-dork rumors really like calling the Denver Donkeys?
#1. LT Jedrick Wills age 24 on paid 5th year option in 2024 paying 14.6M
#2. Browns trade pick 2.54 to Denver for WR Jerry Jeudy age 24 owed 13M in 2024. Browns were rumored close to a deal at trade deadline last season. Rumored Denver passed on 2nd & 5th round pick. (team unknown)
Believable maybe, is the Browns on the clock, with draft names available? -Anybody think Denver would take Jed Wills off our hands for WR Jerry Jeudy straight up?
Other articles, seen options with age & out options in 2024..
#3. Denver---LT Garett Boles age 32 due 18-20M has a out in 2024. WR Cortland Sutton age 28 due 17M has a out in 2024. S Justin Simmons age 30 has a 2024 out option due 18.2M ? tied to that kind of money option? They'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rounder, if a no trade clause isn't in their contracts .
Dallas Cowboys-- How many times can WR Brandin Cooks be rumored to team up with D.Watson again? Cook's is now age 30, with 10M owed, if plays 2024 season in Dallas? MAR 19 2023 Traded to Dallas (DAL) from Houston (HOU) for 2024 6th round pick and 2023 5th round pick (#161 - traded) Start trade talks in the 6th?
just spit-bailing, some media readable draft trade player name options here? Any opinions? other trade names out there?
-
Only 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game ?
Simple upgraded draft site https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs
C64.
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
trade
85.
Roman WilsonWR Michigan94.
Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
trade
132.
MarShawn LloydRB USC
trade
134.
Ricky PearsallWR Florida154.
Curtis JacobsLB Penn State207.
Brevyn Spann-FordTE Minnesota240.
Nelson CeaserEDGE Houston -
Only 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game ?
Simple upgraded draft site https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs
C64.
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
trade
85.
Roman WilsonWR Michigan94.
Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
trade
132.
MarShawn LloydRB USC
trade
134.
Ricky PearsallWR Florida154.
Curtis JacobsLB Penn State207.
Brevyn Spann-FordTE Minnesota240.
Nelson CeaserEDGE HoustonOnly 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game ?
Simple upgraded draft site https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs
CDid a nice job with value AND hitting on needs gumby!
-
Only 6 more hours of game hype to kill, before a 6 hour game ?
Simple upgraded draft site https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Large size of WR class, allowed for a few trade backs. Took 3 trades, covering most needs, so took 2nd falling Wide outs
C64.
T'Vondre SweatDT Texas
trade
85.
Roman WilsonWR Michigan94.
Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
trade
132.
MarShawn LloydRB USC
trade
134.
Ricky PearsallWR Florida154.
Curtis JacobsLB Penn State207.
Brevyn Spann-FordTE Minnesota240.
Nelson CeaserEDGE Houston -
Draft Sims #2 https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator No trades.. site is obsessed with future year picks
-
54Xavier WorthyWR | TexasA+
-
85Roman WilsonWR | MichiganB+
-
134Tommy EichenbergLB | Ohio StateA+
-
154MarShawn LloydRB | USCA+
-
204A.J. BarnerTE | MichiganA
-
207Gabe HallDL | BaylorA+
-
227Cedric JohnsonEDGE | MississippiA
Edit-- A new draft sims I've never seen/played.. https://nfldraftfanatics.com/draft-result ?
New? maybe? see's a player board differing
BrownBrownsR2:54
Adisa Isaac
Penn State
EDGE
GRADE
A+
R3:85
JJa'Lynn Polk'Lynn PolkWashington
WR
GRADE
A
R5:134
Tommy Eichenberg
Ohio State
LB
GRADE
A+
R5:154
Fabien LovettFlorida State
DL
GRADE
A
R6:204
Ray Davis
Kentucky
RB
GRADE
A
R6:207
Ainias SmithAiniaSmitTexas A&M
WR
GRADE
A
R7:227
Erick All
Iowa
TE
GRADE
A
-
-
There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...
That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.
-
There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...
That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.
There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...
That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.
Whoa! Be careful. Woody's gonna be moaning and groaning in here like he's on a permanent overdose of ecstasy.
-
There's a line of free agent LBs possibly leaving the Browns this offseason, and I'd love to add a bigger, physical presence next to JOK in the draft...
That guy might very well be Junior Colson. I think he'd be a nice complement.
Whoa! Be careful. Woody's gonna be moaning and groaning in here like he's on a permanent overdose of ecstasy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login