Skip to content

Staying Put (and Outdoors) or Dome Sweet Dome in the 'Burbs?

The Browns Board
126 19 5.1k 1
  • I love the angular roof. Tornadoes can lift it right off and carry it to Canton's HOF Stadium.?️?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @texasag1969 said:

    I love the angular roof. Tornadoes can lift it right off and carry it to Canton's HOF Stadium.?️?

    Cleveland doesn't get tornadoes you silly goose!

    So apparently most of the dome would be underground because there is a height restriction due to the airport next door... perfect tornado shelter! (Don't worry about the shards of glass!)

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I love the angular roof. Tornadoes can lift it right off and carry it to Canton's HOF Stadium.?️?

    Cleveland doesn't get tornadoes you silly goose!

    So apparently most of the dome would be underground because there is a height restriction due to the airport next door... perfect tornado shelter! (Don't worry about the shards of glass!)

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cleveland doesn't get tornadoes you silly goose!

    So apparently most of the dome would be underground because there is a height restriction due to the airport next door... perfect tornado shelter! (Don't worry about the shards of glass!)

    People in Wichita believed that tornadoes never touched down east of the Arkansas river there.........................................until it did.........................https://www.weather.gov/ict/AndoverTimeline

    Kind of like Cleveland ...............................until last year........?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Dig Dawg Dome?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #88

    So has been these rumors for years that Modell was offered a chance to be included in the Gateway sports complex in the early 90s, but he turned it down. We know the rest.

    Well, supposedly the location of the Browns stadium would have been south of I-90, on the other side of the highway from Progressive Field. 

    There could end up being a stadium there after all... 

    https://clevelandmagazine.com/in-the-cle/sports/articles/the-group-behind-the-push-for-a-cleveland-soccer-stadium-wants-90m-in-public-funds

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #89

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Way cool.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Like I said, Haslam is a mover and shaker.  He isn't going to sit around while the Cleveland City farts around talking band-aids.

    When you want a new suit, you don't head over to Walmart.

  • Like I said, Haslam is a mover and shaker.  He isn't going to sit around while the Cleveland City farts around talking band-aids.

    When you want a new suit, you don't head over to Walmart.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @ballpeen said:

    Like I said, Haslam is a mover and shaker.  He isn't going to sit around while the Cleveland City farts around talking band-aids.

    When you want a new suit, you don't head over to Walmart.

    Mover and shaker, scam artist, six to one, half a dozen to another.

    I'm glad the mayor of Cleveland isn't bending over for Haslam. Let him build his dome, which I can guarantee will be a somewhat mediocre, non-descript version of what other cities will do. A building in a generation will be outdated, and people will find driving out to Brookpark to a sea of parking lots and not much else to be boring, and the team will desert it and move back to Cleveland proper. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Like I said, Haslam is a mover and shaker.  He isn't going to sit around while the Cleveland City farts around talking band-aids.

    When you want a new suit, you don't head over to Walmart.

    Mover and shaker, scam artist, six to one, half a dozen to another.

    I'm glad the mayor of Cleveland isn't bending over for Haslam. Let him build his dome, which I can guarantee will be a somewhat mediocre, non-descript version of what other cities will do. A building in a generation will be outdated, and people will find driving out to Brookpark to a sea of parking lots and not much else to be boring, and the team will desert it and move back to Cleveland proper. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mover and shaker, scam artist, six to one, half a dozen to another.

    I'm glad the mayor of Cleveland isn't bending over for Haslam. Let him build his dome, which I can guarantee will be a somewhat mediocre, non-descript version of what other cities will do. A building in a generation will be outdated, and people will find driving out to Brookpark to a sea of parking lots and not much else to be boring, and the team will desert it and move back to Cleveland proper. 

    well  tell me please, cause i do not know. How doe's the city of Cleveland spend their money ? if like most other cities seems to me to help building a dome is a no brainer

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mover and shaker, scam artist, six to one, half a dozen to another.

    I'm glad the mayor of Cleveland isn't bending over for Haslam. Let him build his dome, which I can guarantee will be a somewhat mediocre, non-descript version of what other cities will do. A building in a generation will be outdated, and people will find driving out to Brookpark to a sea of parking lots and not much else to be boring, and the team will desert it and move back to Cleveland proper. 

    well  tell me please, cause i do not know. How doe's the city of Cleveland spend their money ? if like most other cities seems to me to help building a dome is a no brainer

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @syd said:

    well  tell me please, cause i do not know. How doe's the city of Cleveland spend their money ? if like most other cities seems to me to help building a dome is a no brainer

    A dome in downtown Cleveland isn't happening.

    The Haslams want the to be in Brookpark because they can buy a ton of land there. There is nowhere in the city limits of Cleveland like this. 

    Despite what they've said over the years, how they are fine with a spruced up Cleveland Browns Stadium, what they are talking in Brookpark is what they want. What they are trying to do is get Cleveland to offer a sweetheart deal so Brookpark has to do better.

    Cleveland knows this, sees this, and seems to be: "Nah... good luck!"

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #95

    I can't wait to see how this all plays out.    .... for real,  it should be quite  "INTERESTING"  to say the least.  

    It almost seems too incredible  ..... for Cleveland !       I know that we   .... "little cogs in the big wheel"   .... will just sit back and  WATCH  what happens  .....   NEXT !      It should be fun.    🙂 

          - GO BROWNS ! -

  • I can't wait to see how this all plays out.    .... for real,  it should be quite  "INTERESTING"  to say the least.  

    It almost seems too incredible  ..... for Cleveland !       I know that we   .... "little cogs in the big wheel"   .... will just sit back and  WATCH  what happens  .....   NEXT !      It should be fun.    🙂 

          - GO BROWNS ! -

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @mjp28 said:

    just sit back and  WATCH  what happens

    Any other cities need a team?  Oakland maybe?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #97

    use  the sin tax ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #98
     
     
     
     
     
    VhkuYtrc_normal.jpg
     
    Yes, I do. And the work being done now will allow #Browns to begin digging the 80-90 feet deep pit for the dome quickly should the project come together in the next 8-12 months paving the way for a 3+ year construction timetable and 2029 opening
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #99

    A look at the potential Brook Park dome site. Current property owner has done a great job clearing and remediating the 176 acres to prep it for development by #Browns or another project

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I need to buy up some cheap homes / property in Brook Park...

  • sydS syd

    use  the sin tax ?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    use  the sin tax ?

    Only once. It was cool, but l wouldn’t recommend it without pants. 

  • I need to buy up some cheap homes / property in Brook Park...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I need to buy up some cheap homes / property in Brook Park...

    Ah, buy cheap homes and get a sweet offer for the property later when they want parking space? 

  • @mld-woody said:

    I need to buy up some cheap homes / property in Brook Park...

    Ah, buy cheap homes and get a sweet offer for the property later when they want parking space? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ah, buy cheap homes and get a sweet offer for the property later when they want parking space? 

    Or for player / coach rentals or purchases.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I need to buy up some cheap homes / property in Brook Park...

    Ah, buy cheap homes and get a sweet offer for the property later when they want parking space? 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ah, buy cheap homes and get a sweet offer for the property later when they want parking space? 

    Yep. Destroying the neighborhood but making a buck. 

    Heartless real estate shit