Climate Scam
-
I don't quite frame it the way you do.
I see it as a major lefty, hippie viewpoint, not so much democrat. The thing with democrats(politicians) today though is they fall in line with anything that gets them votes, money or power. Dems don't even give a crap about man made climate change.
I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.
I think what got this ball rolling were a bunch of 'experts' that needed their funding extended convinced some dipshit named Gore and he fell for it hook line and sinker. If you watched his presentation it definitely was convincing. Except, not a single thing he said or fear mongered came true.
Why would the repubs be on the defensive over something they don't care about either? They're just the same as the dems; votes, money and power.
It's like somebody already said, Kennedy says a lot of good things and is entertaining, but his votes don't back up his words. Not many if any are looking out for us or what's best for the environment. Look how the FDA and our gov't handled the opioid epidemic. The teflon case, heck East Palestine. A major toxic chemical spill and the only people showing up were politicians grabbing a photo op. What did any of them do with the national guard and fema and everything at their disposal to help? They don't care and they're inept.
I don't think this crap is smoke and mirrors. Just look at toilets, they reduce the amount of water they flush, and it keeps going down. It's not progress or helping the environment. Now they want to restrict washers. I don't know, I'm not seeing your point exactly though I'm trying.
Let's say you're right if I'm understanding you correctly, why lie or play games with repubs? Why do we allow this from people that need to be honest and open? Why isn't running on your merit or the facts enough?
-
-
If you needed any more evidence that the entire theory of manmade global warming was a scheme to redistribute wealth you got it Sunday when a leading member of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change told a German news outlet, "[W]e redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy." Such was originally published by Germany's NZZ Online Sunday, and reprinted in ...
-
U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare. Licensing. 06:43 PM ET 02/10/2015. Economic Systems: The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's ...
-
Jan 22, 2013The U.N.'s latest climate alarmist meeting in Doha, Qatar experienced somewhat of a different sort of man-made crisis in December in the form of a typhoon named Christopher Monckton, the third ...
-
Global Warming A Back Door To Socialism - And Now Even The UN Admits It. Licensing. 06:39 PM ET 01/16/2014. Power: As evidence discredits global warming, resistance to such facts by green elites ...
-
-
I don't quite frame it the way you do.
I see it as a major lefty, hippie viewpoint, not so much democrat. The thing with democrats(politicians) today though is they fall in line with anything that gets them votes, money or power. Dems don't even give a crap about man made climate change.
I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.
I think what got this ball rolling were a bunch of 'experts' that needed their funding extended convinced some dipshit named Gore and he fell for it hook line and sinker. If you watched his presentation it definitely was convincing. Except, not a single thing he said or fear mongered came true.
Why would the repubs be on the defensive over something they don't care about either? They're just the same as the dems; votes, money and power.
It's like somebody already said, Kennedy says a lot of good things and is entertaining, but his votes don't back up his words. Not many if any are looking out for us or what's best for the environment. Look how the FDA and our gov't handled the opioid epidemic. The teflon case, heck East Palestine. A major toxic chemical spill and the only people showing up were politicians grabbing a photo op. What did any of them do with the national guard and fema and everything at their disposal to help? They don't care and they're inept.
I don't think this crap is smoke and mirrors. Just look at toilets, they reduce the amount of water they flush, and it keeps going down. It's not progress or helping the environment. Now they want to restrict washers. I don't know, I'm not seeing your point exactly though I'm trying.
Let's say you're right if I'm understanding you correctly, why lie or play games with repubs? Why do we allow this from people that need to be honest and open? Why isn't running on your merit or the facts enough?
I don't quite frame it the way you do.
I see it as a major lefty, hippie viewpoint, not so much democrat. The thing with democrats(politicians) today though is they fall in line with anything that gets them votes, money or power. Dems don't even give a crap about man made climate change.
I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.
I think what got this ball rolling were a bunch of 'experts' that needed their funding extended convinced some dipshit named Gore and he fell for it hook line and sinker. If you watched his presentation it definitely was convincing. Except, not a single thing he said or fear mongered came true.
Why would the repubs be on the defensive over something they don't care about either? They're just the same as the dems; votes, money and power.
It's like somebody already said, Kennedy says a lot of good things and is entertaining, but his votes don't back up his words. Not many if any are looking out for us or what's best for the environment. Look how the FDA and our gov't handled the opioid epidemic. The teflon case, heck East Palestine. A major toxic chemical spill and the only people showing up were politicians grabbing a photo op. What did any of them do with the national guard and fema and everything at their disposal to help? They don't care and they're inept.
I don't think this crap is smoke and mirrors. Just look at toilets, they reduce the amount of water they flush, and it keeps going down. It's not progress or helping the environment. Now they want to restrict washers. I don't know, I'm not seeing your point exactly though I'm trying.
Let's say you're right if I'm understanding you correctly, why lie or play games with repubs? Why do we allow this from people that need to be honest and open? Why isn't running on your merit or the facts enough?
My commentary was mostly an observation on how the topic of climate change has morphed into a device that perpetuates the perception that democrats are the “pro-environment” party and republicans are not. The amount of collective energy spent towards these ends is significant based on the wealth of information out there trying to prove or disprove it.
My thoughts then turned to asking myself, what effect does this wealth of information and back and forth debate do for folks that are, like myself, undecided or don’t have the time or inclination to dig in to that wealth of information? They fall back on the perception created by all of it, that being that democrats are the “pro-environment” party because they champion the cause. It’s simply a +1 in their column for folks who DO consider the environment when voting but DON’T have the time or inclination to dig in to it all.
I think we agree that most everyone is cool with reasonable policies that are pro-environment. There have been human foibles within our lifetimes that remind us to keep an eye on things.
You mentioned some of them. And yeah, l wanna see the 2 parties duke it out to earn those votes and actually DO things that are reasonable and effective.
You made this comment, “I don't see republicans doing much of anything about it. Why would they? The same power the dems grab is the same power they will have.”
I suppose at the end of the day l would like to see republicans summon their inner Teddy Roosevelt and gun for that power again. And the reason they would do it is to pick up votes. Go on the offensive to change the perception that they are a pro-environment party.
-
-
We could make all the changes we want but ultimately asking the developing world to forego using all of their natural resources to appease western liberals seems like a hard sell. All of them are playing catch up and should do everything possible to raise the standard of living in their countries including utilizing all of their natural resources.
-
-
Bungling idiots - dumbass cult
-
Bungling idiots - dumbass cult
Bungling idiots - dumbass cult
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
-
Bungling idiots - dumbass cult
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
I wouldn’t call it “right winged media”.
Let’s crawl into the way back machine to the Obama administration.
He gave government subsidies to 21 solar cell companies.
Before his term was up, 18 of them went belly up and the last 3 were begging for more government money.
You can call it right winged media all you want…but I prefer to call it facts.
-
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
I wouldn’t call it “right winged media”.
Let’s crawl into the way back machine to the Obama administration.
He gave government subsidies to 21 solar cell companies.
Before his term was up, 18 of them went belly up and the last 3 were begging for more government money.
You can call it right winged media all you want…but I prefer to call it facts.
I wouldn’t call it “right winged media”.
Let’s crawl into the way back machine to the Obama administration.
He gave government subsidies to 21 solar cell companies.
Before his term was up, 18 of them went belly up and the last 3 were begging for more government money.
You can call it right winged media all you want…but I prefer to call it facts.
Yeah man, l tried to cover that in the “fuck ups along the way” mention. Presumably progress was made as evidenced by the continued existence of solar panels.
It’s ultimately up to you, the rank and file voters and sharers of content. If this anti-green message is what you want to portray, then have at it. I don’t think it’s serving your best interests, and that’s ultimately all l’m trying to say.
-
Bungling idiots - dumbass cult
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
Well said.
Regarding the right wing politicization of green energy, you have to wonder what's driving that. I'd guess we could follow a money trail back to oil and gas companies.
And for that reason, among others,bi disagree that government doesn't need to lead the charge. Govt needs to be heavily involved to push the initiative and tilt the scales. Pure capitalism isn't going to turn down money now to help the planet later. We have over a century of recent history to show our greed at the expense of the environment
-
This is the sort of thing l was referring to with all my long winded perception stuff. Here’s a bit more…
The concept of solar power predates the global warming theory. Our attempts to harness the power of the sun go way back. Didn’t you ever try to melt things with a magnifying glass as a kid?
There’s plenty of support for solar power, otherwise there wouldn’t be a giant floating solar panel farm in India. Tweets and posts and articles like the one you linked are becoming commonplace in right wing media. Stories about people’s EVs burning up, stories about wind farms failing in inclement weather, etc. And the tenor of these articles is seemingly reveling in the demise of these poor fools who dared to invest in green energy.
There’s plenty of reason to support green energy that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s available, it’s cleaner, and it’s theoretically cheaper. And of course there are going to be fuck ups along the way. That’s what drives innovation. It’s big new stuff in the grand scheme of things.
But here’s the thing, the government doesn’t need to lead the charge here. I’m certain there is enough public interest and progress thus far that private industry, American ingenuity and nobodies like myself will drive things forward. Government grants and policy will help, but it’s only going to grease the wheels to the inevitable.
I don’t understand why right wing media is doing this. Trying to get right wingers to come off as the anti-green party. I bet a guy like Cal is one of the greenest dudes on this forum. Grows food, makes tea out of pine needles, likely frugal with energy usage. I’d bet a dollar he has a compost pile.
I think it’s a media mindfuck, and l think it’s harming your cause, assuming your cause is to get conservative candidates elected. It would be a big plus if conservatives could simply come off as neutral on the matter, which l believe is more reflective of how they truly are.
Well said.
Regarding the right wing politicization of green energy, you have to wonder what's driving that. I'd guess we could follow a money trail back to oil and gas companies.
And for that reason, among others,bi disagree that government doesn't need to lead the charge. Govt needs to be heavily involved to push the initiative and tilt the scales. Pure capitalism isn't going to turn down money now to help the planet later. We have over a century of recent history to show our greed at the expense of the environment
Well said.
Regarding the right wing politicization of green energy, you have to wonder what's driving that. I'd guess we could follow a money trail back to oil and gas companies.
And for that reason, among others,bi disagree that government doesn't need to lead the charge. Govt needs to be heavily involved to push the initiative and tilt the scales. Pure capitalism isn't going to turn down money now to help the planet later. We have over a century of recent history to show our greed at the expense of the environment
Is that what Al Gore told you?
-
Well said.
Regarding the right wing politicization of green energy, you have to wonder what's driving that. I'd guess we could follow a money trail back to oil and gas companies.
And for that reason, among others,bi disagree that government doesn't need to lead the charge. Govt needs to be heavily involved to push the initiative and tilt the scales. Pure capitalism isn't going to turn down money now to help the planet later. We have over a century of recent history to show our greed at the expense of the environment
Is that what Al Gore told you?
-
-
-
Sep 13, 2023To discourage woodpeckers from coming back, try hanging up something that will make noise when it blows in the breeze, or hang up long strips of aluminum foil. A company called Bird-X makes a product, Irri-Tape, designed to scare birds away from spots like this. Discover mind-blowing
-
-
-
I wouldn’t call it “right winged media”.
Let’s crawl into the way back machine to the Obama administration.
He gave government subsidies to 21 solar cell companies.
Before his term was up, 18 of them went belly up and the last 3 were begging for more government money.
You can call it right winged media all you want…but I prefer to call it facts.
Yeah man, l tried to cover that in the “fuck ups along the way” mention. Presumably progress was made as evidenced by the continued existence of solar panels.
It’s ultimately up to you, the rank and file voters and sharers of content. If this anti-green message is what you want to portray, then have at it. I don’t think it’s serving your best interests, and that’s ultimately all l’m trying to say.
Yeah man, l tried to cover that in the “fuck ups along the way” mention. Presumably progress was made as evidenced by the continued existence of solar panels.
It’s ultimately up to you, the rank and file voters and sharers of content. If this anti-green message is what you want to portray, then have at it. I don’t think it’s serving your best interests, and that’s ultimately all l’m trying to say.
Solar panels have been around a long time, and their efficiency has improved over the decades.
I think they have a niche in certain applications, but they still have a way to go for widespread use.
That’s not right wing, that’s common sense.
But if it makes you feel better.
-
Yeah man, l tried to cover that in the “fuck ups along the way” mention. Presumably progress was made as evidenced by the continued existence of solar panels.
It’s ultimately up to you, the rank and file voters and sharers of content. If this anti-green message is what you want to portray, then have at it. I don’t think it’s serving your best interests, and that’s ultimately all l’m trying to say.
Solar panels have been around a long time, and their efficiency has improved over the decades.
I think they have a niche in certain applications, but they still have a way to go for widespread use.
That’s not right wing, that’s common sense.
But if it makes you feel better.
Solar panels have been around a long time, and their efficiency has improved over the decades.
I think they have a niche in certain applications, but they still have a way to go for widespread use.
That’s not right wing, that’s common sense.
But if it makes you feel better.
They do.
Let’s not do that Canton. I’m not trying to internet spar with you. Our goals are similar.
-
Yeah man, l tried to cover that in the “fuck ups along the way” mention. Presumably progress was made as evidenced by the continued existence of solar panels.
It’s ultimately up to you, the rank and file voters and sharers of content. If this anti-green message is what you want to portray, then have at it. I don’t think it’s serving your best interests, and that’s ultimately all l’m trying to say.
Solar panels have been around a long time, and their efficiency has improved over the decades.
I think they have a niche in certain applications, but they still have a way to go for widespread use.
That’s not right wing, that’s common sense.
But if it makes you feel better.
Solar panels have been around a long time, and their efficiency has improved over the decades.
I think they have a niche in certain applications, but they still have a way to go for widespread use.
That’s not right wing, that’s common sense.
But if it makes you feel better.
We have a small generator that is solar-powered, we can use it for camping, and if the power goes out, it has run the
fireplace insert fan for about 6 hrs. Pretty cool stuff - the panels are about 3' x 5', I wired them in a pair. Can recharge in about 3 hrs. Won't run a hot plate or anything like that - but it's cool.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login