Skip to content

★ CLE  (86-64 .573 ||  +4 / +6.5 KC / MIN  ||  +22 over .500  ||  AND THE  ● BEST ♥︎ RECORD IN THE AL ● -16- GAMES LEFT ★ REV. 9/11/2024 ★

Pinned The Tribe Board
276 8 14.4k
  • sydS syd

    I just want to thank The Indians again for giving up on Will Benson, Did you see him throw out bauers at home plate last night ? it was a thing of beauty

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @syd said:

    I just want to thank The Indians again for giving up on Will Benson, Did you see him throw out bauers at home plate last night ? it was a thing of beauty

    I agree with that.   A good gun arm is a great thing to have. 

      ■  Oh ....  I remember about 60+ years ago I had a great   CF and RF  cannon arm to throw runners  OUT from the outfield !.    TRUE STORY -  We had about 10 different fruit trees on out property  mainly apple and pear trees.    I used to.   practice throwing  them out    fo the fields across the street from ours.     ▪︎ [ The property used to be an  apple orchard around 180 to 1940 +/-  mainly for nice cooking apples, nice baseball size and shape  AND GOOD PRACTICE for hitting the  telephone poles going down the street ......  and I got pretty good at it !    It really helped my distance  AND  accuracy  from when I was about 8, 9, 10  ..... 13, 14 and on.   

    Well I was good until I went to college and was working down the steel mill and had different priorities. ■

    I remember   winning   the boy scouting long throwing contesting contests when I was 10, 11, 12, 13. and then starting playing base playing ball and working that  CANNON THROWING ARM  from  CF or LF.  (Occasionally RF.)   I just liked doing it .....  better than raking the dropped ones up and carrying them out.

    Ironicaly I never liked to pitch.   I could  NOT  control my accuracy over thr plate .....  I could fire a dart over the plate ..... strike 1  .... but my control would slightly  RISE UP ... . high strike 2 ....  but then I would buzz one over the umpire's head ....not a good idea.      |-->   Then I would I would head back out to my comfort zone in the out zone.

    Never liked being  50 feet from the hitters either. ......   |--> CF for me.     🙂

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    Posted 18 hours ago · IP 

    ~  THE  ~  GAME 2  of  3  pitchers for      ▪︎-->  SATURDAY JUNE 15   and     ▪︎-->   SUNDAY JUNE JUNE 16  are listed below.  😁   Enjoy the games !

    Clase 21 36,790
    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP TICKETS
    Sat, Jun 15 3:07 PM   Carrasco  - TBD   
    Sun, Jun 16 1:37 PM   Lively Berrios  

    TOR 4   CLE 0     top 5  1 out  .....  Cleveland needs runs today !       TOR 5  CLE 0  final.  I WAS RIGHT.

    ~  IT IS  ~  Only     ONE    game, just win one tomorrow !  The manager's motto in 2024.  It can happen.   See you   SUNDAY -at-  1:47.      Pitchers -   Lively  vs  Berrios   OR JUST UP !    ✔️

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
         ▪︎-->   SUNDAY JUNE JUNE 16  are listed below.  😁   Enjoy the games !
    Clase 21 36,790
    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP  
    Sat, Jun 15 3:07 PM   Carrasco  - TBD        - L -  TOR  5 - 0  
    --> Sun, Jun 16 1:37 PM   Lively Berrios.    <--  SHOULD BE A GOOD PITCHERS MATCH UP.  

    □---♧---■---◇-->    ♥︎     <--○---■---♧---□

    So we hope everyone enjoys the   Game 3 of 3  in this series in Toronto.   The weather should be nice,  about  70°  at game time.

    GAME 3 of 3  -   And Steven Kwan just extends his hitting streak to  #11 games,  wow.  To bottom 1.

    TOR 6  (grand slam)   CLE 2   bottom 5  oh well.  It was 2-2 not now.  A rare CLE pitching melt down. 7-2. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ..

    ..

    [ NOTICE ]   To you Cleveland BASEBALL  -and-  GARDIANS  Fans ...... ■  and I know we have readers out there ■   .......  YOU MIGHT  AS  WELL  USE THE BOARD  as long as we still have it.   I  WILL BE  NOTING THE USERS   in these final weeks  IF NOBODY  PICKS  UP     ★ TBB MAIN  ★   The Browns Board.   😮

    ★ ★  I  WILL LET  YOU  KNOW  ANYTHING  WHEN  I  KNOW  IT. ★ ★      I am on one list I saw for prospective  "NEW OWNERS"  .... so there you go !        -->   😁      Mr BIG SHOT !    <--       [ END OF NOTICE,  for now  ⚾  ]

    ▪︎  I'm always thinking about our fans !       ; - ) 

    ..

    ..

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~  BACK  ~   to baseball again !

     .....  AT HOME  in good ol' Cleveland !

    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP TICKETS
    Tue, Jun 18 6:40 PM   McKenzie Miller  

    ▪︎-->   GAME 70 already,   SEA 6     CLE 1  to bottom 5,  wow.   

    [ NOTICE,  NOW.]    I will continue to try to put a decent  readible  GUARDIANS  SCHEDULE  from until the lights go out  .....  IF THEY INDEED DO GO OUT,  whatever.    

    I indeed plan on enjoying this  AMAZING 2024 SEASON.   I will be busy behind the scenes making notes and other nerdy things.    I will put some of it up here for you nerds to read.

    So until it's   - GO BROWNS ! -    time I'm in   - GO GUARDIANS ! -   time until  SEPTEMBER 29  and hopefully far beyond that.       I love sports and    ♥︎    good, decent sports fans like you.

    - GO CLEVELAND ! -           Thank you,   🙂   from mjp.

    cleveland-script-tremont-og_autorotate.defaulttruew1200h630modecrop.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    ~  BACK  ~   to baseball again !

     .....  AT HOME  in good ol' Cleveland !

    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP TICKETS
    Tue, Jun 18 6:40 PM   McKenzie Miller  

    SEA 8   CLE 5  final score.    See you tomorrow.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    .....   in good ol' Cleveland !

    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP TICKETS
    Tue, Jun 18 6:40 PM   McKenzie Miller - L -   SEA  8 - 5
    Wed, Jun 19 6:40 PM              BIBEE       vs      WOO   ● UP NEXT !   <--▪︎
    Thu, Jun 20 1:10 PM   Allen Castillo  

    ■---◇---♧---○---▪︎   ⚾   ▪︎---○---♧---◇---■

    GAME 71  -   up next.

    CLE 3   SEA 0  bottom 3,  and  Steve Kwan nails a  2R HR,  WHOA.

    CLE 7   SEA 0   top 7.    Over ?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~  AND   ~   the upcoming games.

    ■---◇---♧---○---▪︎   ⚾   ▪︎---○---♧---◇---■

    DATE OPPONENT TIME TV PITCHER OPP TICKETS
    Tue, Jun 18 6:40 PM       - L -  SEA 8   CLE 5 
    Wed, Jun 19 6:40 PM   Bibee Woo  
    Thu, Jun 20 1:10 PM   Allen Castillo  
    Fri, Jun 21 7:10 PM   Carrasco   ▪︎-->  TOR  COMES TO CLE
    Sat, Jun 22 4:10 PM   Lively Berrios  
    Sun, Jun 23 1:40 PM        
    Mon, Jun 24 6:35 PM   Bibee Povich ▪︎-->   GOING TO BALT.
    Tue, Jun 25 6:35 PM   Allen Irvin  
    Wed, Jun 26 6:35 PM   Carrasco Rodriguez  
    Thu, Jun 27 8:10 PM
    FS1
        ▪︎-->  OFF TO KC FOR -4-
    Fri, Jun 28 8:10 PM        
    Sat, Jun 29 4:10 PM        
    Sun, Jun 30
    @Kansas CityKansas City,      2:10 PM  AND  GET READY .  ■ BACK HOME FOR  -6-  GAMES  AGAINST  THE  WSX  and  SF ! ■
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Great to see a dominant start from Bibee, because the wheels are starting to show some wear and tear...

    What I'd give for a dependable starter or two that can be depended to give us a good six innings every five days. Really wish we could get Cal Quantrill back, who is pitching well in Colorado of all places. 

    I could see them trading for him. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    -->  Thu, Jun 20 1:10 PM   Allen Castillo

     - W -  CLE 6 - 3  (46-26)  +6  +20  AMAZING !

    ▪︎--------->    ⚾    <---------▪︎

    ■  TIED  (2-2) To the top 3.   Now bottom 3.   Too hot to be outside today.  I've been retired for  MANY years now ..... my wife is going on 7+ now.     🙂    We can  watch a  LOT  of baseball. .... or whatever  ..... now..   SO NICE.

    ■  CLE 6     SEA 3    final score,   Clase leads the MLB in saves.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Going to my first 2024 baseball game tomorrow night in Akron, Guardians starter Gavin Williams will be making a rehab start, hopefully he continues to progress towards returning to the G's rotation. 

    Saturday night's game vs the Blue Jays is a sell-out, the Guardians fifth of the season. 

  • Going to my first 2024 baseball game tomorrow night in Akron, Guardians starter Gavin Williams will be making a rehab start, hopefully he continues to progress towards returning to the G's rotation. 

    Saturday night's game vs the Blue Jays is a sell-out, the Guardians fifth of the season. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Going to my first 2024 baseball game tomorrow night in Akron, Guardians starter Gavin Williams will be making a rehab start, hopefully he continues to progress towards returning to the G's rotation. 

    Saturday night's game vs the Blue Jays is a sell-out, the Guardians fifth of the season. 

    Sounds like fun !    Might be as interesting as some of the  BIG $$$ Baseball games.

    Still our Guardian young guns are amazing !

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Going to my first 2024 baseball game tomorrow night in Akron, Guardians starter Gavin Williams will be making a rehab start, hopefully he continues to progress towards returning to the G's rotation. 

    Saturday night's game vs the Blue Jays is a sell-out, the Guardians fifth of the season. 

    Sounds like fun !    Might be as interesting as some of the  BIG $$$ Baseball games.

    Still our Guardian young guns are amazing !

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Sounds like fun !    Might be as interesting as some of the  BIG $$$ Baseball games.

    Still our Guardian young guns are amazing !

    I'll be at the July 4th Guardians game, and later in August I have all-you-can-eat club seats for a game for the first time. 🙂

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~  STARTING  ~  Friday night  -at 7:10-   and Saturday  -at 4:10   and finally SUNDAY  -at 1:40- this  WEEKEND !

    □---●---♧--->    ♥︎    <---♧---●---□

    Fri, Jun 21 7:10 PM   Carrasco.   vs TBA ? ▪︎-->  TOR  COMES TO CLE  <--▪︎
    Sat, Jun 22 4:10 PM   Lively.   vs    Berrios    
    Sun, Jun 23 1:40 PM   McKenzie   vs   Kukuchi  

    images (49).jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    GAME 73  this Friday,  GAME 1 of 3  -at 7:10-   tonight.       "Just a few things"  . .....

    Toronto Blue Jays (35-39, fifth in the AL East) vs. Cleveland Guardians (46-26) .639  +6  and +20  over .500  And of course  first in the  AL Central.  

    That comes out to +6 over  KC, and  +6.5  over  MIN.  Plus +13 and +28 over DET & WSX.

    ▪︎. PITCHING PROBABLES: Blue Jays: TBD; Guardians: Carlos Carrasco (2-6, 5.80 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 44 strikeouts)

    BOTTOM LINE: The Cleveland Guardians host the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday to open a three-game series.

    ■  Cleveland is   an  MLB  best  23 - 9   -at home-  and  46-26  overall  record.  Guardians hitters have a collective   .403 slg %    to rank. 7th   in the AL.

    Toronto has a  17-20  on the road record   and a 35-39 record overall. The Blue Jays have a 14-4 record in games when they did not give up a home run. ■

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~  NOW  ~  it's time to   - PLAY BALL !  -

    □---●---♧--->    ♥︎    <---♧---●---□

    Fri, Jun 21 7:10 PM   Carrasco.   vs TBA ? ▪︎-->  TOR  COMES TO CLE  <--▪︎

    CLE 4    TOR 0   bottom 2,  the  TOR pitcher just lost it .....  meanwhile CLE is hitting it !

    ★  CLE 7    TOR 0  top 3,   OH MY !   7 RUNS on  4 HITS  and   5 WALKS   and  2  ERRORS.  Just bad play !     A picture is worth  10,000 words here.     TOP 3.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Looks like well over 100,000 fans will attend the three game set this weekend. Sell-out of 35,000+ last night, tonight is already a sell-out, expecting a big crowd Sunday too. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~  STARTING  ~  Friday night  -at 7:10-   and Saturday  -at 4:10   and finally SUNDAY  -at 1:40- this  WEEKEND !

    □---●---♧--->    ♥︎    <---♧---●---□

    Fri, Jun 21 7:10 PM   Carrasco.   vs TBA  ▪︎-->  TOR  COMES TO CLE  <--▪︎  - W -  CLE 7-1  in Game 1 of 3
    Sat, Jun 22 4:10 PM   Lively.   vs     Berrios  - W -  CLE  6-3.  GAME 3 COMING UP  -at- 1:40 pm.
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    My wife was the Grand Slam contestant today, we were driving down to Canton when Tom Hamilton announced her name... she hadn't even told me she put her name in so I was pretty shocked when they announced her name and hometown... she just laughed and said "Oh yeah, the last time we were listening on the radio I decided to apply!".

    Alas, no grand slam that half inning by the Guardians, so no new Hyundai Sante Fe for the Mrs... (But Jose did pop a two run homer!) 

    Going for the series sweep tomorrow afternoon!

  • My wife was the Grand Slam contestant today, we were driving down to Canton when Tom Hamilton announced her name... she hadn't even told me she put her name in so I was pretty shocked when they announced her name and hometown... she just laughed and said "Oh yeah, the last time we were listening on the radio I decided to apply!".

    Alas, no grand slam that half inning by the Guardians, so no new Hyundai Sante Fe for the Mrs... (But Jose did pop a two run homer!) 

    Going for the series sweep tomorrow afternoon!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    My wife was the Grand Slam contestant today, we were driving down to Canton when Tom Hamilton announced her name... she hadn't even told me she put her name in so I was pretty shocked when they announced her name and hometown... she just laughed and said "Oh yeah, the last time we were listening on the radio I decided to apply!".

    Alas, no grand slam that half inning by the Guardians, so no new Hyundai Sante Fe for the Mrs... (But Jose did pop a two run homer!) 

    Going for the series sweep tomorrow afternoon!

    ~  SO  ~  who is the lucker (or luckiest)  of you two  .....  generally ?

    Of we two I think it would be me.   In my family it would have been my  late  grandma  (the cook) Ruby,  without a doubt.