Needed!
-
Here are my thoughts on the game that I wrote in an email to another member.
Problems (kind of in order)
Daboll (suck factory douche-nozzle Chud2)
RBs (jamal is goalline situations only at this point. And that's
passing situations. He'd be a mismatch in the endzone. Also he's a
beast on passblocking - I loved the way he upended Dawkins on one play
- Dumervil still pasted StPuss on the play and collapsed the pocket. I
don't know why he can't run anymore, I'm thinking it falls more on our
line)
Right side of OL (holy hell StClair is atrocious)
3rd down passing game (clearly Daboll is #1 here too but our only open
routes were 5 yds short of 1st down. Quinn gets a little blame but
I'll excuse him making those throws if that's what was open. Cribbs
gets some blame for not knowing where the line is. But props to both
guys for trying to make a play, that is, Quinn getting it to Cribbs in
space to give him a chance to do something)
No slants or Sceen passes all game. Is the playbook like some
murder/mystery drama where we'll get all of it at the end?
Quinn (actually didn't have an awful game but needed to play lights out FTW)
Pass Rush is almost there (but it seems like our pass coverage is
nonexistent Stokely ran all over the field).
Do we play TE's anymore?
Safties? With the #1 pick of the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns
select Eric Berry or Taylor Mays.
You want to blame daboll but there are atleast three other guys running routes"down" field PAST the 1st down marker! Yet on third down BQ seems to give up and throw to the safety valve...everytime! fkn maddening...that's not daboll's fault....it just isn't.
You want to blame daboll but there are atleast three other guys running routes"down" field PAST the 1st down marker! Yet on third down BQ seems to give up and throw to the safety valve...everytime! fkn maddening...that's not daboll's fault....it just isn't.
Guess which guy was open? Guess why he was open?
Or after the 2 second pocket collapse guess which receivers haven't broken their routes yet?
Our sorry ass pass blocking right side is designed for a screen pass if I've ever seen it.
-
Can I add a Safety to this list?
Pool should be flat out cut after that pussified performance yesterday.
-
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
-
We are missing more than players ... I just realized that we haven't WON since mz the pussy, Shep and Aloy left ....
now manbearpig is leaving .... we'll never win again.
-
We are missing more than players ... I just realized that we haven't WON since mz the pussy, Shep and Aloy left ....
now manbearpig is leaving .... we'll never win again.
-
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
If we go top 5? After the first two games I cant see us drafting any higher than 3. Its going to be a long year. What size is your browns gear Im always looking for a deal?
-
Can I add a Safety to this list?
Pool should be flat out cut after that pussified performance yesterday.
Can I add a Safety to this list?
Pool should be flat out cut after that pussified performance yesterday.
Pool takes games off some time or even plays off, we have seen it in the past, and what was McDonald doing out on the field shadow dancing receivers and not able to bring them down.
Ole!
-
I noticed you did not include Center, you are willing to let Alex Mack play his way being a quality player.
Mack has 2 starts and QB Quinn has 5
If Mack cant get us a win after 5 starts should we replace him to?
---- My suggestion would be to replace St. Claire move Cribbs to #4 WR and get J. Davis healthy and run him and Harrison splitting the duty. ----
I thought Mack had a Kick ass game! Shaun Rogers too! smart ass...The QB play was very poor, i don't think you can say otherwise and keep a straight face!
I thought Mack had a Kick ass game! Shaun Rogers too! smart ass...The QB play was very poor, i don't think you can say otherwise and keep a straight face!
I agree that Mack had a good game blocking. But he is seriously needing a long lesson when it comes to making sure the QB gets the ball from the shotgun! The QB play was what it was. I won;t argue for or against it. But I'm not ready to bring in DA.
-
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
-
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
-
Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
-
We only have one good receiver. Quinn had time in the pocket, but nobody was open. Cribbs is not a receiver, keep him on special teams.
Right side of the line is really really bad. No wonder the Bears were glad they got rid of St. Clair
Jamal Lewis is still an awful running back. He will not help this team win. There were a lot of people on this board who did not want to sign a free agent RB. Heck, give me Fred Taylor over him.
Where are the screen passes to Harrison? They need to get this guy more looks. What did he have, 5 carries? Romeo didn't use him, and Mangini isn't either. He's quicker and more explosive than Lewis. Give him the damn ball.
The defense isn't that bad at all. If we had an offense that could move the ball down the field and actually score, we could easily be 2-0.
This team is so hard to watch!
-
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
Nothing is more important than a franchise QB...Nothing!
-
Signed,
Tim Couch
Let's look at that for a minute....
Rothlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, Manning, Rivers, Mcnabb,C. Palmer .... Vs. J. Harrington, Alex Smith, David Carr, Akili Smith,Tim Couch
Caveat....You must Take a Qb and Be CORRECT!
-
if couch had had a line blocking for him he still might be in the league. it's hard to throw the ball when you're face down in the dirt. we need a front office that knows how to draft. how about a blue chip running back? let the defense grow and address the freakin offense for once. start harrison and davis when he's healthy. let anderson put up points, at least we'd have a chance. somethin pleeeeeezzz!
-
IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!
Anything other than QB is a waste of time
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
I'm always game to bring in a good QB Vet, I wanted Bledsoe when the Pats let him go for cheap, I wanted Rich Gannon during the expansion kick-off, I would have waited for Drew Brees shoulder (turned out there was no wait necessary). I always like Collins ... I didn't turn my nose at us trying Garcia the skitterish water bug ...
I really would like to go this route even if we draft a QB in round #1 next year.
Shep will tell ya, I always favored bringing in a vet to push (break-up?) the Frye/Anderson/Quinn party, the Couch/Holcomb party and would have been in favor of a real vet this year (one with more clout than Ratliff).
These vets have maybe 5-6 years tops, but are huge in allowing you to grow a grass-roots younger QB in the system.
I am not in favor of Michael Vick, though.
-
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
Nothing is more important than a franchise QB...Nothing!
-
what about 52 other guys?
LOL..they important too....Why can't the Browns find a franchise QB?
-
not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.
I'm always game to bring in a good QB Vet, I wanted Bledsoe when the Pats let him go for cheap, I wanted Rich Gannon during the expansion kick-off, I would have waited for Drew Brees shoulder (turned out there was no wait necessary). I always like Collins ... I didn't turn my nose at us trying Garcia the skitterish water bug ...
I really would like to go this route even if we draft a QB in round #1 next year.
Shep will tell ya, I always favored bringing in a vet to push (break-up?) the Frye/Anderson/Quinn party, the Couch/Holcomb party and would have been in favor of a real vet this year (one with more clout than Ratliff).
These vets have maybe 5-6 years tops, but are huge in allowing you to grow a grass-roots younger QB in the system.
I am not in favor of Michael Vick, though.
I'm always game to bring in a good QB Vet, I wanted Bledsoe when the Pats let him go for cheap, I wanted Rich Gannon during the expansion kick-off, I would have waited for Drew Brees shoulder (turned out there was no wait necessary). I always like Collins ... I didn't turn my nose at us trying Garcia the skitterish water bug ...
I really would like to go this route even if we draft a QB in round #1 next year.
Shep will tell ya, I always favored bringing in a vet to push (break-up?) the Frye/Anderson/Quinn party, the Couch/Holcomb party and would have been in favor of a real vet this year (one with more clout than Ratliff).
These vets have maybe 5-6 years tops, but are huge in allowing you to grow a grass-roots younger QB in the system.
I am not in favor of Michael Vick, though.
What good Vet Qb's out there? I don't see a good fit do you?
-
Signed,
Tim Couch
Let's look at that for a minute....
Rothlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, Manning, Rivers, Mcnabb,C. Palmer .... Vs. J. Harrington, Alex Smith, David Carr, Akili Smith,Tim Couch
Caveat....You must Take a Qb and Be CORRECT!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
