Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Teacher Salaries--Discuss

Teacher Salaries--Discuss

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
61 Posts 13 Posters 1.3k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #1

    https://www.nea.org/resource-library/educator-pay-and-student-spending-how-does-your-state-rank/teacher?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

    Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
      #2

      They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

      And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      F VamboV 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
        • 6k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

        Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

        If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

        cccjwhC MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • JaxJ Jax

          I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

          Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

          If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

          cccjwh cccjwhC Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 627 Reputation
          cccjwhC cccjwh wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @jax said:

          I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

          Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

          If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

          In other words, only teach things the way I want them to be taught.

          VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • JaxJ Jax

            I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

            Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

            If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

            MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
            • 33k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @jax said:

            I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

            Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

            If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

            "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

            Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

            Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

            Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

            We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
            F DieHardBrownsFan1D JaxJ 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

              @jax said:

              I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

              Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

              If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

              "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

              Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

              Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

              Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

              We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

              FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
              • 4k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              F FY56 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mld-woody said:

              "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

              Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

              Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

              Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

              We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

              Except for the thing about "passion", none of what you said as any bearing on what Jax is talking about.

              That is not at all what is meant by indoctrination. Indoctrination is the practice of shaping young highly impressionable minds into a leftist ideology and way of thinking.

              That should be evident partly due to the history of hate speech and violence made towards conservative speakers on campuses.

              Or were you not aware of that?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

                And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

                FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                #7

                @mld-woody said:

                They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

                And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

                Undervaluing education can be interpreted in a couple of different ways, not only in the way that you were conditioned to believe.

                If I were a flaming liberal, I couldn't imagine teaching in Florida either.

                For some reason you mentioned about slavery being taught. 

                I'd bet you were taught about slavery in college the same way I was, with a lot of profound omissions.

                MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                  #8

                  This didn't happen in real life, but was a skit made in order to have discussion over this issue.

                  Even though it was a skit, she sure as hell didn't seem to be acting. Black people don't like this gay shit either.

                  You tell it like it is mamma! "We're paying you to teach history"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                    @jax said:

                    I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

                    Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

                    If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

                    "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

                    Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

                    Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

                    Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

                    We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

                    DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @mld-woody said:

                    "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

                    Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

                    Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

                    Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

                    We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

                    Teachers literally shape our minds. We're all better off with an indoctrinated society.  (Fixed it for you).

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                      They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

                      And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

                      Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 18k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by Vambo
                      #10

                      @mld-woody said:

                      They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

                      And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

                      Just look at those crazy eyes!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 18k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I'd say some teachers make WAY TOO much money.  They are lazy and don't teach.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                            @jax said:

                            I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

                            Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

                            If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

                            "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

                            Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

                            Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

                            Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

                            We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

                            Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @mld-woody said:

                            "You taught about slavery?" "You mentioned gay people exist!?" 

                            Right, we get it dude. If the school isn't teaching what you want it is indoctrination.

                            Teachers literally shape our future. We're all better off with an educated society. 

                            Being dismissive of pay by saying "well it should be your passion" is dumb. Most folks don't work where they're passionate. Some folks are better at the things they're not passionate about. 

                            We should value teachers higher and that should be reflected in their pay. 

                            We value teachers and it does show in their pay, healthcare and retirement.

                            My main point is it's not pay that prevents them from teaching, it's political bs.

                            You're still ignorant and immature to understand when someone says passion should be the driving force. I clearly said not JUST pay. However I just realized I'm referencing something you said about the best teachers leaving because of pay. Trying to offer you better insight into something you pulled out of your ass, my bad. Please prove the best teachers are leaving and then prove it's because of pay.

                            That's why people treat you like a dumbass, you constantly put words in peoples mouth and twist anything they say. If you don't hear what you want you throw a temper tantrum.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • cccjwhC cccjwh

                              @jax said:

                              I don't think they're underpaid. To be the best teacher it should be a passion not just a paycheck. With that said, I think they get paid fairly.

                              Also, the education system in a lot of communities is a cess pool of political ideals. Who wants to teach things they don't believe in? A teachers job isn't to worry about math being racist, numbers don't lie, 2 + 2 will always equal 4. Everyone could always use a raise, but the problems with teachers lies in the system.

                              If you value education then teach about subjects correctly. Stop trying to indoctrinate students and hire teachers that have standards and know how to separate their personal beliefs and lives from education.

                              In other words, only teach things the way I want them to be taught.

                              VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
                              #14

                              @cccjwh said:

                              In other words, only teach things the way I want them to be taught.

                              Is this only bad in cases where the parent has views you disagree with? 

                              @mld-woody said:

                              Teachers literally shape our future.  

                              Which is exactly the reason I would want my kids to be taught things the way I want them to be taught and not left to the average idiot who graduates with an education degree. They aren't the state's children. I'd wager the majority of education majors that we graduated with were Kony 2012 social media slacktivists.

                              I don't understand why neoliberals are outraged that conservative people want their children to be raised with similar values to their own. They aren't your children. If you want a drag queen to read to your children or if you want your kid to go to a school that has some antiracist curriculum, by all means, go for it. The state should not be able to tell you that you can't. Likewise, if an evangelical pulls their kid out of public school so that they can "teach the controversy," the state should not step in. 

                              We're all better off with an educated society.

                              To a point. Pursuit of higher education has made millennials put off having children, and the US for the first time ever has a fertility rate below the replacement rate. 

                              DieHardBrownsFan1D MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                                @cccjwh said:

                                In other words, only teach things the way I want them to be taught.

                                Is this only bad in cases where the parent has views you disagree with? 

                                @mld-woody said:

                                Teachers literally shape our future.  

                                Which is exactly the reason I would want my kids to be taught things the way I want them to be taught and not left to the average idiot who graduates with an education degree. They aren't the state's children. I'd wager the majority of education majors that we graduated with were Kony 2012 social media slacktivists.

                                I don't understand why neoliberals are outraged that conservative people want their children to be raised with similar values to their own. They aren't your children. If you want a drag queen to read to your children or if you want your kid to go to a school that has some antiracist curriculum, by all means, go for it. The state should not be able to tell you that you can't. Likewise, if an evangelical pulls their kid out of public school so that they can "teach the controversy," the state should not step in. 

                                We're all better off with an educated society.

                                To a point. Pursuit of higher education has made millennials put off having children, and the US for the first time ever has a fertility rate below the replacement rate. 

                                DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @vaportrail said:

                                Is this only bad in cases where the parent has views you disagree with? 

                                Which is exactly the reason I would want my kids to be taught things the way I want them to be taught and not left to the average idiot who graduates with an education degree. They aren't the state's children. I'd wager the majority of education majors that we graduated with were Kony 2012 social media slacktivists.

                                I don't understand why neoliberals are outraged that conservative people want their children to be raised with similar values to their own. They aren't your children. If you want a drag queen to read to your children or if you want your kid to go to a school that has some antiracist curriculum, by all means, go for it. The state should not be able to tell you that you can't. Likewise, if an evangelical pulls their kid out of public school so that they can "teach the controversy," the state should not step in. 

                                To a point. Pursuit of higher education has made millennials put off having children, and the US for the first time ever has a fertility rate below the replacement rate. 

                                Except for the Illegals.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 5k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • F FY56

                                    @mld-woody said:

                                    They're under paid and it causes the best teachers to seek employment elsewhere. Our country undervalues education, at least part of this country, and it shows. 

                                    And Christ, I couldn't imagine trying to be a teacher in Florida 

                                    Undervaluing education can be interpreted in a couple of different ways, not only in the way that you were conditioned to believe.

                                    If I were a flaming liberal, I couldn't imagine teaching in Florida either.

                                    For some reason you mentioned about slavery being taught. 

                                    I'd bet you were taught about slavery in college the same way I was, with a lot of profound omissions.

                                    MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                    • 33k Posts
                                    • 3k Reputation
                                    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @fy56 said:

                                    I'd bet you were taught about slavery in college the same way I was, with a lot of profound omissions.

                                    I studied engineering. Slavery never came up

                                    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                    F 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                                      @cccjwh said:

                                      In other words, only teach things the way I want them to be taught.

                                      Is this only bad in cases where the parent has views you disagree with? 

                                      @mld-woody said:

                                      Teachers literally shape our future.  

                                      Which is exactly the reason I would want my kids to be taught things the way I want them to be taught and not left to the average idiot who graduates with an education degree. They aren't the state's children. I'd wager the majority of education majors that we graduated with were Kony 2012 social media slacktivists.

                                      I don't understand why neoliberals are outraged that conservative people want their children to be raised with similar values to their own. They aren't your children. If you want a drag queen to read to your children or if you want your kid to go to a school that has some antiracist curriculum, by all means, go for it. The state should not be able to tell you that you can't. Likewise, if an evangelical pulls their kid out of public school so that they can "teach the controversy," the state should not step in. 

                                      We're all better off with an educated society.

                                      To a point. Pursuit of higher education has made millennials put off having children, and the US for the first time ever has a fertility rate below the replacement rate. 

                                      MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                      • 33k Posts
                                      • 3k Reputation
                                      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @vaportrail said:

                                      Is this only bad in cases where the parent has views you disagree with? 

                                      Which is exactly the reason I would want my kids to be taught things the way I want them to be taught and not left to the average idiot who graduates with an education degree. They aren't the state's children. I'd wager the majority of education majors that we graduated with were Kony 2012 social media slacktivists.

                                      I don't understand why neoliberals are outraged that conservative people want their children to be raised with similar values to their own. They aren't your children. If you want a drag queen to read to your children or if you want your kid to go to a school that has some antiracist curriculum, by all means, go for it. The state should not be able to tell you that you can't. Likewise, if an evangelical pulls their kid out of public school so that they can "teach the controversy," the state should not step in. 

                                      To a point. Pursuit of higher education has made millennials put off having children, and the US for the first time ever has a fertility rate below the replacement rate. 

                                      Who says your last paragraph is necessarily a bad thing?

                                      Taking a kid out of school so parents can teach them their "truth". Great. Lovely. When that kid is an adult with a limited understanding of math, science, a skewed view of history, etc. that's not great. Standards placed across the country on education and advancement are a good thing to create the building blocks for a functional society. 

                                      What is being taught in schools and what LibsOfTikTok is spewing over the Internet to build up hatred are two different things. It's not indoctrination to teach that slavery was a major cause of the civil war, sorry. 

                                      I could never see teaching in Florida and I'd never want to raise a kid there either. But I'm not a resident and a voter there. 

                                      This isn't necessarily addressed to you, but I'll leave off where I started: Teachers are underpaid. And we having a growing base of anti education, anti academic individuals. That's all bad for this country long term. I don't want to hear indoctrination this, neo liberal that, blah blah blah drag queens. It should be alarming a group is so actively pushing for less educated citizens. I greatly value everything I've learned in before undergrad, in undergrad, and my MBA. It's sad to see folks so actively fighting that. 

                                      (And no, college isn't for everyone. Yes, skilled trades folks are intelligent and can be very successful, etc etc etc and whatever else I'll hear about in responses because I didn't cover everything)

                                      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                      JaxJ VaporTrailV 2 Replies Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 10k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        image.jpeg.49c7ce2d670feff301687bb48b942e33.jpeg

                                        Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I honestly have a really high opinion of teachers. It’s a tough gig man, and not everyone’s cut out for it. 

                                          I am pro-education. I am that guy who blindly votes for every school levy. I do some of the dirty work too. It’s not just teachers. It’s coaches, it’s mentors, it’s sponsoring scholarship funds, it’s giving kids’ jobs. It’s a community effort when it’s working on all cylinders. 

                                          I am a fan of “the cannon.” A literary term that boils down to a set of works that is taught to subsequent generations so that we all have shared learning experiences to connect us. Sorta like we all know the ABC song and we all read the Scarlett Letter. Stuff like that. It’s good that the cannon evolves but ideally at a pace that matches the generational turnaround. 

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate