Tito to the Reds
-
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
-
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
As the board's resident Reds fan, I approve of this move.
-
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck
-
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
As the board's resident Reds fan, I approve of this move.
-
Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.
I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.
I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while.
https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075
or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck
or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck
The front office has gotten some well deserved backlash the last couple years. I kinda see this move as an attempt to atone for that.
Where you gonna go?
I think a few weeks ago there was a “holy shit Terry Francona is willing to take the job!!!” epiphany in the front office and now we are seeing it play out.
I do feel bad for David Bell. He’s a good guy and a good baseball man, but maybe not the best manager. I suppose 2 more years under contract is a solid severance package though.
-
or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck
The front office has gotten some well deserved backlash the last couple years. I kinda see this move as an attempt to atone for that.
Where you gonna go?
I think a few weeks ago there was a “holy shit Terry Francona is willing to take the job!!!” epiphany in the front office and now we are seeing it play out.
I do feel bad for David Bell. He’s a good guy and a good baseball man, but maybe not the best manager. I suppose 2 more years under contract is a solid severance package though.
The front office has gotten some well deserved backlash the last couple years. I kinda see this move as an attempt to atone for that.
Where you gonna go?
I think a few weeks ago there was a “holy shit Terry Francona is willing to take the job!!!” epiphany in the front office and now we are seeing it play out.
I do feel bad for David Bell. He’s a good guy and a good baseball man, but maybe not the best manager. I suppose 2 more years under contract is a solid severance package though.
Reds hit a homer with the hire
side note : did you know TITO played for The Reds and that Pete Rose was the Skipper ?
-
This is a smart, probably relatively short term move by the Reds to try and attempt to change the culture down there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login