Skip to content

The Official Browns at Commanders Game Thread Oct 6th

The Browns Board
212 27 6.5k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    Orion, this is painful for me to watch... 

    I know.  I called it brutal to watch.  But Watson is not going to be benched for Winston or DTR....or a St. Ingatius player...

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I know.  I called it brutal to watch.  But Watson is not going to be benched for Winston or DTR....or a St. Ingatius player...

    The owner won’t allow it.  Our coach has ZERO to say about who plays QB.

    And that’s you need to know about this version of the SHIT SHOW we have to deal with in 2024

  • I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @packernation said:

    I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    Stefanski would get scooped up so quickly if the browns let him loose.

    He’s done pretty well with QBs here since Watson joined, just with guys not named Watson.

    I get you’re not a browns fan, but Watson is quite literally the worst in many metrics since 2000 on the browns. And we had a couple years of deshone kizer 

  • I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @packernation said:

    I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

  • @packernation said:

    I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    Stefanski would get scooped up so quickly if the browns let him loose.

    He’s done pretty well with QBs here since Watson joined, just with guys not named Watson.

    I get you’re not a browns fan, but Watson is quite literally the worst in many metrics since 2000 on the browns. And we had a couple years of deshone kizer 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation

    @bbedward said:

    Stefanski would get scooped up so quickly if the browns let him loose.

    He’s done pretty well with QBs here since Watson joined, just with guys not named Watson.

    I get you’re not a browns fan, but Watson is quite literally the worst in many metrics since 2000 on the browns. And we had a couple years of deshone kizer 

    I have felt Stefanski had no business running a offense going back to his days in Minnesota. He only did for one season. It took him 15 years in Minnesota to get the OC job for one year. No one fears Stefanski as the head coach when they play the Browns. He will end up somewhat like Mike Pettine. Take a year off and then he may get some desperate team to hire him as OC. Maybe. 

    We can agree to disagree, and cool that you think so highly of him. He will be fired within the next 2 years. Stay tuned...

    He is on the hot seat right now.

  • @packernation said:

    I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

    BINGO!   Jimmy and the FO brought Watson here and people are pretending Stefanski is the problem?  

    The problem with this ownership isn't who needs to be fired - it's WHO they keep hiring after every firing. 

  • @packernation said:

    I feel like I may have overestimated the Browns. It will never get turned around until Stefanski is gone. I don't care that he won a couple coach of the year awards. Idiot sportswriters are the ones that vote on that. You ever see some of those writers? A lot of them can't tie their own shoes without assistance.

    Eagles next? Philly will steamroll Cleveland.

    Usually I am more positive about the Browns. I do still think Watson could be more successful if a complete moron wasn't in charge of the offense.

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

    I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to 3 guys that helped make last year’s offense hum.

    Those guys are Callahan, AVP, and Stump.

  • @browns149 said:

    I disagree.

    Coach has proven he can win. He won 11 games with 4 QB’s. The guy can coach, if the QB is willing to listen. 

    He can’t win with Watson. No one has. He led the league in passing and only won 4 games. He is a “Me first” guy. And our IDIOT owner made SURE OF THAT by giving him $230 million GUARANTEED 

    This total DEBACLE falls on Jimmy. 

    I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to 3 guys that helped make last year’s offense hum.

    Those guys are Callahan, AVP, and Stump.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to 3 guys that helped make last year’s offense hum.

    Those guys are Callahan, AVP, and Stump.

    IMO, the only thing that made the offense 'hum' was good QB play last year.  And that ended once we hit the playoffs and played a playoff team.  The OL is in the same shambles as last year under Callahan.  And the ability to run the ball is on the same downward spiral as last year.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to 3 guys that helped make last year’s offense hum.

    Those guys are Callahan, AVP, and Stump.

    IMO, the only thing that made the offense 'hum' was good QB play last year.  And that ended once we hit the playoffs and played a playoff team.  The OL is in the same shambles as last year under Callahan.  And the ability to run the ball is on the same downward spiral as last year.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    IMO, the only thing that made the offense 'hum' was good QB play last year.

    I won’t bother looking at the stats of Walker, Driskel, or DTR last year.

    I’m almost certain they were abysmal.

  • Just got home from cleaning out a property that we just bought. 11 cats have been living in the trailer there and it is TOTALLY DISGUSTING. 
     

    But not as bad as the Clowns. Top 3 pick on its way

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    But not as bad as the Clowns. Top 3 pick on its way

    Gonna need more than one 🙁

  • @tiamat63 said:

    A couple things. 

    As long as Watson is healthy, he will start.  Because this team is in win mode - and that means either win now or win later, but no where in between.  And by that, I mean, if it isn't win now, the evaluation will lead this team to draft a new QB who can hopefully win later. 

    Secondly, this team is old and hurt on the Oline with underperforming QBs and RBs.  Winston isn't going to fix this.

    Credit the WSH coaches on offense. Crunch is becoming all the rage, especially against these aggressive, upfield defenses like the Brownies. 

    And as long as Watson is healthy, he will tank this season.  AND take the Front Office down with him.  Tia, OMG, It's SO F**king obbvious... That old horse (Texans) ain't what he used to be. Watson's deep ball accuracy is shot. He's not just a 1\2 beat slow on his reads, he's a full second slow on them. The Commanders knew this- get in his face before he sees what's happening. He had guys wide open, and didn't see them.  Scrambling ability? Daniels showed how to scramble and pick up yardage... Watson? Sacked behind the los...   

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Or get run over by the oncoming bus Tia... 🙁 Bench Watson. Admit that the the guy is THE WORST TRADE IN NFL HISTORY.   Keep playing DW, and go 1-6 by the end of October. I see no way out of this shit show. was it 1-13 on third down or something like that?  

    @nickers said:

    Prediction: Kevvy the beta wimp , fired by Halloween.. Vrabel to take over (please) ?

    Only if Kev has the 'nads to bench his bazillion dollar bum. If the Denver Donkey can shit can Russell Wilson, the Browns need to swallow their pride and admit they made a humongous mistake. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    And as long as Watson is healthy, he will tank this season.  AND take the Front Office down with him.  Tia, OMG, It's SO F**king obbvious... That old horse (Texans) ain't what he used to be. Watson's deep ball accuracy is shot. He's not just a 1\2 beat slow on his reads, he's a full second slow on them. The Commanders knew this- get in his face before he sees what's happening. He had guys wide open, and didn't see them.  Scrambling ability? Daniels showed how to scramble and pick up yardage... Watson? Sacked behind the los...   

    Or get run over by the oncoming bus Tia... 🙁 Bench Watson. Admit that the the guy is THE WORST TRADE IN NFL HISTORY.   Keep playing DW, and go 1-6 by the end of October. I see no way out of this shit show. was it 1-13 on third down or something like that?  

    Only if Kev has the 'nads to bench his bazillion dollar bum. If the Denver Donkey can shit can Russell Wilson, the Browns need to swallow their pride and admit they made a humongous mistake. 

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

  • @hoorta said:

    And as long as Watson is healthy, he will tank this season.  AND take the Front Office down with him.  Tia, OMG, It's SO F**king obbvious... That old horse (Texans) ain't what he used to be. Watson's deep ball accuracy is shot. He's not just a 1\2 beat slow on his reads, he's a full second slow on them. The Commanders knew this- get in his face before he sees what's happening. He had guys wide open, and didn't see them.  Scrambling ability? Daniels showed how to scramble and pick up yardage... Watson? Sacked behind the los...   

    Or get run over by the oncoming bus Tia... 🙁 Bench Watson. Admit that the the guy is THE WORST TRADE IN NFL HISTORY.   Keep playing DW, and go 1-6 by the end of October. I see no way out of this shit show. was it 1-13 on third down or something like that?  

    Only if Kev has the 'nads to bench his bazillion dollar bum. If the Denver Donkey can shit can Russell Wilson, the Browns need to swallow their pride and admit they made a humongous mistake. 

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

    That's a darn near perfect summary. Pretty much what I've been saying. (Shanahan left on his own accord, due to Haslam & Farmer).

    Stefanski has flaws, but in this situation I don't think it really matters. The owner meddles too much.

    @Ghoolie is a tad harsh, but let's see if Stefanski puts his foot down & benches DW. It's entirely possible it happens before the BYE week. If he doesn't bench DW, he's putting his own livelihood ahead of the team. I don't want Stefanski to be known as a coffee fetcher, I think he's a good coach....but this DW & Baker handling, I'm doubting his leadership ability.

    Damn folks, we've been cursed with poor ownership since 1963. 

  • @hoorta said:

    And as long as Watson is healthy, he will tank this season.  AND take the Front Office down with him.  Tia, OMG, It's SO F**king obbvious... That old horse (Texans) ain't what he used to be. Watson's deep ball accuracy is shot. He's not just a 1\2 beat slow on his reads, he's a full second slow on them. The Commanders knew this- get in his face before he sees what's happening. He had guys wide open, and didn't see them.  Scrambling ability? Daniels showed how to scramble and pick up yardage... Watson? Sacked behind the los...   

    Or get run over by the oncoming bus Tia... 🙁 Bench Watson. Admit that the the guy is THE WORST TRADE IN NFL HISTORY.   Keep playing DW, and go 1-6 by the end of October. I see no way out of this shit show. was it 1-13 on third down or something like that?  

    Only if Kev has the 'nads to bench his bazillion dollar bum. If the Denver Donkey can shit can Russell Wilson, the Browns need to swallow their pride and admit they made a humongous mistake. 

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

    That's a darn near perfect summary. Pretty much what I've been saying. (Shanahan left on his own accord, due to Haslam & Farmer).

    Stefanski has flaws, but in this situation I don't think it really matters. The owner meddles too much.

    @Ghoolie is a tad harsh, but let's see if Stefanski puts his foot down & benches DW. It's entirely possible it happens before the BYE week. If he doesn't bench DW, he's putting his own livelihood ahead of the team. I don't want Stefanski to be known as a coffee fetcher, I think he's a good coach....but this DW & Baker handling, I'm doubting his leadership ability.

    Damn folks, we've been cursed with poor ownership since 1963. 

  • @orion said:

    ...and put in who?

    I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people under the delusion that there's some magical QB on this roster that can overcome a horrible OLine situation coupled with a complete clusterfuck when it comes to scheme to put up results we are all yearning for. 

    This isn't me sticking up for Watson - I'm still impatiently waiting for him to get suspended again so we can rid ourselves of this fiasco of a situation - but I just can't see things getting better with Winston or DTR either. 

    The whole offense is fubar'd. 

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people under the delusion that there's some magical QB on this roster that can overcome a horrible OLine situation coupled with a complete clusterfuck when it comes to scheme to put up results we are all yearning for. 

    This isn't me sticking up for Watson - I'm still impatiently waiting for him to get suspended again so we can rid ourselves of this fiasco of a situation - but I just can't see things getting better with Winston or DTR either. 

    The whole offense is fubar'd. 

    Better? Maybe not but who cares. The season is shot. Give us anyone that doesn't sexually assault every woman he comes in contact with so at least we can root for our bad team in good faith. 

    I can't root for Watson. Can't do it. He's a piece of literal human garbage. I usually don't stand on soapboxes for NFL players knowing that a lot of them are bad people but Watson is really bad people. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

     This, all of this, stems from Haslam.    Is he able to swallow his pride and allow Stefanski to do what needs to be done?  Along with not firing his head coach for doing the right thing, which may chip away at said owners pride? 

     Painfully few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable.  Haslam didn't step forward to accept the proper blame for the Manziel draft.   Berry didn't step forward to accept responsibility for depleting the IDL.   No, instead Haslam ran off Kyle Shanahan and Berry fired Woods. 

     If Stef benches Watson, and Berry + Haslam aren't on board, then he's essentially firing himself.   

     These problems stem from the top down, not the other way around. 

    That's a darn near perfect summary. Pretty much what I've been saying. (Shanahan left on his own accord, due to Haslam & Farmer).

    Stefanski has flaws, but in this situation I don't think it really matters. The owner meddles too much.

    @Ghoolie is a tad harsh, but let's see if Stefanski puts his foot down & benches DW. It's entirely possible it happens before the BYE week. If he doesn't bench DW, he's putting his own livelihood ahead of the team. I don't want Stefanski to be known as a coffee fetcher, I think he's a good coach....but this DW & Baker handling, I'm doubting his leadership ability.

    Damn folks, we've been cursed with poor ownership since 1963. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation

    @bob806 said:

     (Shanahan left on his own accord, due to Haslam & Farmer).

    Shanahan won't even speak of Cleveland anymore. He basically wiped it from his resume. 

    Kyle could not stand Pettine. Pettine is the Stefanski of defense. Jesus, was he horrible as DC in Green Bay. Day he got let go there was a celebration.

    I'm glad Stefanski is on the hot seat. Hopefully at seasons end he is fired.

    I believe they could set up a nice deal for Ben Johnson that he can't turn down. The time wasn't right when he was offered head coaching jobs the last time. Him hiring a good staff to surround him, and Ben could turn the Browns into a true contender finally. It won't take forever either.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    watson has affected the entire team, maybe. This last game - he is very inaccurate on long throws. I think he made one nice long throw this season?

    There are times when the wr's seem to be annoyed that the ball doesn't get to them.

    I'm sure we all love the defense. But this season - even the defense seems to be let down by his "play". With all the talent on defense - wow.

    https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2024-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

    Total defense - Browns are tenth.

    Passing defense - eleventh

    Rush defense - 20th

    Scoring defense - 15th

    Red Zone defense - 18th

    Third down defense - 7th

    *******************

    I thought the Browns' defense was going to

    rock this year - best one of the best.

    The Browns stupidly "rolled the dice" on waton with a gigantic

    guaranteed contract, despite his off the field scandals, and slime is

    still slime no matter how much money slime gets paid.

    The Packers suspended WR doubs for conduct detrimental to the team (missed two meetings I think)....

    and the Browns won't suspend watson for yet ANOTHER sexual assault lawsuite with VIDEO ??? Stefanski won't even bench him?

    He is not a head coach. He was a good assistant coach maybe, but this is a giant debacle.

       Just......pitiful. Watson screws up on the field, and plays with his earring on the sidelines like he couldn't care less.

    If he cared about football, he would never have had any lawsuits. The haslams need to sell the team, depo needs a train ride out of town, get a new head coach....

    who ISN'T frustrated ?

  • watson has affected the entire team, maybe. This last game - he is very inaccurate on long throws. I think he made one nice long throw this season?

    There are times when the wr's seem to be annoyed that the ball doesn't get to them.

    I'm sure we all love the defense. But this season - even the defense seems to be let down by his "play". With all the talent on defense - wow.

    https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2024-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

    Total defense - Browns are tenth.

    Passing defense - eleventh

    Rush defense - 20th

    Scoring defense - 15th

    Red Zone defense - 18th

    Third down defense - 7th

    *******************

    I thought the Browns' defense was going to

    rock this year - best one of the best.

    The Browns stupidly "rolled the dice" on waton with a gigantic

    guaranteed contract, despite his off the field scandals, and slime is

    still slime no matter how much money slime gets paid.

    The Packers suspended WR doubs for conduct detrimental to the team (missed two meetings I think)....

    and the Browns won't suspend watson for yet ANOTHER sexual assault lawsuite with VIDEO ??? Stefanski won't even bench him?

    He is not a head coach. He was a good assistant coach maybe, but this is a giant debacle.

       Just......pitiful. Watson screws up on the field, and plays with his earring on the sidelines like he couldn't care less.

    If he cared about football, he would never have had any lawsuits. The haslams need to sell the team, depo needs a train ride out of town, get a new head coach....

    who ISN'T frustrated ?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @calfoxwc said:

    watson has affected the entire team, maybe. This last game - he is very inaccurate on long throws. I think he made one nice long throw this season?

    There are times when the wr's seem to be annoyed that the ball doesn't get to them.

    I'm sure we all love the defense. But this season - even the defense seems to be let down by his "play". With all the talent on defense - wow.

    https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2024-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

    Total defense - Browns are tenth.

    Passing defense - eleventh

    Rush defense - 20th

    Scoring defense - 15th

    Red Zone defense - 18th

    Third down defense - 7th

    *******************

    I thought the Browns' defense was going to

    rock this year - best one of the best.

    The Browns stupidly "rolled the dice" on waton with a gigantic

    guaranteed contract, despite his off the field scandals, and slime is

    still slime no matter how much money slime gets paid.

    The Packers suspended WR doubs for conduct detrimental to the team (missed two meetings I think)....

    and the Browns won't suspend watson for yet ANOTHER sexual assault lawsuite with VIDEO ??? Stefanski won't even bench him?

    He is not a head coach. He was a good assistant coach maybe, but this is a giant debacle.

       Just......pitiful. Watson screws up on the field, and plays with his earring on the sidelines like he couldn't care less.

    If he cared about football, he would never have had any lawsuits. The haslams need to sell the team, depo needs a train ride out of town, get a new head coach....

    who ISN'T frustrated ?

    As always, your selective moral outrage is duly noted.                        

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people under the delusion that there's some magical QB on this roster that can overcome a horrible OLine situation coupled with a complete clusterfuck when it comes to scheme to put up results we are all yearning for. 

    This isn't me sticking up for Watson - I'm still impatiently waiting for him to get suspended again so we can rid ourselves of this fiasco of a situation - but I just can't see things getting better with Winston or DTR either. 

    The whole offense is fubar'd. 

    Better? Maybe not but who cares. The season is shot. Give us anyone that doesn't sexually assault every woman he comes in contact with so at least we can root for our bad team in good faith. 

    I can't root for Watson. Can't do it. He's a piece of literal human garbage. I usually don't stand on soapboxes for NFL players knowing that a lot of them are bad people but Watson is really bad people. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Better? Maybe not but who cares. The season is shot. Give us anyone that doesn't sexually assault every woman he comes in contact with so at least we can root for our bad team in good faith. 

    I can't root for Watson. Can't do it. He's a piece of literal human garbage. I usually don't stand on soapboxes for NFL players knowing that a lot of them are bad people but Watson is really bad people. 

    Honestly, I can’t or won’t argue with the gist of what you are saying. I get it. My point is I don’t think Winston or DTR would improve the on field performance, but I’m not going to lose any sleep if they sit Watson. What the heck, let’s tank for Beck!

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by

    Too bad the 2025 draft won't be all that great for QBs. Looking like the Browns will have 3rd pick or so.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Better? Maybe not but who cares. The season is shot. Give us anyone that doesn't sexually assault every woman he comes in contact with so at least we can root for our bad team in good faith. 

    I can't root for Watson. Can't do it. He's a piece of literal human garbage. I usually don't stand on soapboxes for NFL players knowing that a lot of them are bad people but Watson is really bad people. 

    Honestly, I can’t or won’t argue with the gist of what you are saying. I get it. My point is I don’t think Winston or DTR would improve the on field performance, but I’m not going to lose any sleep if they sit Watson. What the heck, let’s tank for Beck!

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly, I can’t or won’t argue with the gist of what you are saying. I get it. My point is I don’t think Winston or DTR would improve the on field performance, but I’m not going to lose any sleep if they sit Watson. What the heck, let’s tank for Beck!

    While Winston or DTR would probably make the offense better, since it's basically impossible for an NFL QB to play worse than Watson (I guess they could do worse in the turnover metric...). They probably have to try it, it may not result in more wins, maybe it does.

    In theory, the season isn't technically over since we haven't played any division games yet. So they could try to salvage it which probably requires benching Watson to see if anything changes.

    If we don't think it's salvageable then they probably need to just make the tough call and initiate the rebuild - which means trading away the valuable assets like Garrett, Ward, Cooper?, etc. It'll be dark days ahead but if they start that process now they'll be in a much better position to win in the 2026+ post-watson era.

    Hopefully the tribe can top Detroit's ace today 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Honestly, I can’t or won’t argue with the gist of what you are saying. I get it. My point is I don’t think Winston or DTR would improve the on field performance, but I’m not going to lose any sleep if they sit Watson. What the heck, let’s tank for Beck!

    While Winston or DTR would probably make the offense better, since it's basically impossible for an NFL QB to play worse than Watson (I guess they could do worse in the turnover metric...). They probably have to try it, it may not result in more wins, maybe it does.

    In theory, the season isn't technically over since we haven't played any division games yet. So they could try to salvage it which probably requires benching Watson to see if anything changes.

    If we don't think it's salvageable then they probably need to just make the tough call and initiate the rebuild - which means trading away the valuable assets like Garrett, Ward, Cooper?, etc. It'll be dark days ahead but if they start that process now they'll be in a much better position to win in the 2026+ post-watson era.

    Hopefully the tribe can top Detroit's ace today 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    While Winston or DTR would probably make the offense better, since it's basically impossible for an NFL QB to play worse than Watson (I guess they could do worse in the turnover metric...). They probably have to try it, it may not result in more wins, maybe it does.

    In theory, the season isn't technically over since we haven't played any division games yet. So they could try to salvage it which probably requires benching Watson to see if anything changes.

    If we don't think it's salvageable then they probably need to just make the tough call and initiate the rebuild - which means trading away the valuable assets like Garrett, Ward, Cooper?, etc. It'll be dark days ahead but if they start that process now they'll be in a much better position to win in the 2026+ post-watson era.

    The tough call needs to be placed. This is the second oldest roster in the NFL that has a dumpster fire of a QB room.