Skip to content

Currently our 2025 first round pick is....

The Browns Board
684 34 21.0k 1
  • 2025 Draft should be a Tackle, G/C and a bookend to Myles…the other Day 2 pick find an explosive toy RB/WR. Beyond that hammer the front 7 and Oline with the remainder of the picks.  That first round pick has to be a great edge player or an offensive tackle. 
     

    Please no Allar there were multiple occasions Saturday where is footwork was just horrendous.  And I get Jay Cutler vibes from Carson Beck. If Garrett Nussmeier fell considerably he might be worth a look.
     

    You retain Winston for next year he’s not a bad locker room guy…he’s probably a 5/6 win ceiling guy and he will stay healthy. This makes us competitive enough so the fan base can pull through but we still have a top 10 pick in 2026 where QB is a must. 
     

    2026 you draft your QB and his go to WR and TE.  Bring in a good WR via trade or free agency to stabilize the WR room and give the new QB someone to work with. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    2025 Draft should be a Tackle, G/C and a bookend to Myles…the other Day 2 pick find an explosive toy RB/WR. Beyond that hammer the front 7 and Oline with the remainder of the picks.  That first round pick has to be a great edge player or an offensive tackle. 
     

    Please no Allar there were multiple occasions Saturday where is footwork was just horrendous.  And I get Jay Cutler vibes from Carson Beck. If Garrett Nussmeier fell considerably he might be worth a look.
     

    You retain Winston for next year he’s not a bad locker room guy…he’s probably a 5/6 win ceiling guy and he will stay healthy. This makes us competitive enough so the fan base can pull through but we still have a top 10 pick in 2026 where QB is a must. 
     

    2026 you draft your QB and his go to WR and TE.  Bring in a good WR via trade or free agency to stabilize the WR room and give the new QB someone to work with. 

    Reasonable, which means it won't happen?

    I'm in agreement on the Allar posts. Definitely has skills but not ready, & I'm not sure Cle can develop him based on our difficulties 

  • Once the combine is over, Aller will be a first rounder. He is the prototype size. Some team will drool over his measurements and think they can fix the rest. Hopefully it’s not the Browns. 

    @browns149 said:

    Once the combine is over, Aller will be a first rounder. He is the prototype size. Some team will drool over his measurements and think they can fix the rest. Hopefully it’s not the Browns. 

    The Browns are probably a lock to be a top 10 team, so I can't imagine they'd be the team to pull the trigger on him, but you could be right. The list of quarterbacks drafted waaaaaaaaaaay too high is a long one. 

  • Allar needs a year to sit and learn in the NFL - but the Browns don't have a qb to teach him.

    Interesting - this article says the Jets want him in the draft. I had him in my stupid mock draft because I saw huge, huge potential.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/christian-hackenberg-20-why-penn-state-product-is-better-fit-for-jets-this-time/ar-AA1vu05g

    "He's thrown for 5,800 yards with 50 passing touchdowns and just nine interceptions. "

    That is pretty good decision making - but it will have to improve in the NFL. Most if not all qb's have to adapt to the NFL, the big question is, do they have the smarts to make it happen and be a terrific qb in the pros. Penn State wr's had a tough time getting open at times.

     https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    Scouting Report: Strengths
    • Prototypical NFL frame at 6'5", 243 pounds with the bulk to withstand Sunday punishment
    • Big-time arm talent allows him to push the pill to all three levels with juice
    • Possesses a quick trigger, can get the rock out in a hurry when needed
    • Quick release, can get the ball out rapidly when under pressure
    • Good pre-snap recognition, can read defenses and adjust protections at the line
    • Shows anticipation on timing routes, especially against zone coverage
    • Demonstrates pocket presence, willing to step up and allow routes to develop
    • Flashes anticipatory throws, particularly against zone coverage on sit routes
    • Willing to stand tall in the pocket and deliver strikes while taking hits
    • Adequate mobility to extend plays and pick up chunk yardage on designed runs

    Scouting Report: Weaknesses

    • Ball placement can be erratic, especially on deep shots where touch is required
    • Needs to speed up processing time and work through progressions more efficiently
    • Footwork can get sloppy under duress, leading to off-platform throws and accuracy issues
    • Must improve pre-snap reads and post-snap defensive recognition
    • Can be late pulling the trigger on tight-window throws, allowing defenders to close
    Scouting Report: Summary

    Allar's physical tools and arm talent make him an intriguing prospect for vertical passing attacks. His size and pocket presence project well to offenses that emphasize downfield shots off play-action. The improvements in his short and intermediate accuracy in 2024 suggest potential in timing-based systems as well.

    Despite his impressive physical attributes, Allar's inconsistent mechanics and decision-making indicate he may benefit from a redshirt year in the NFL. His development trajectory suggests he could thrive in a system that allows him to sit behind a veteran quarterback while refining his footwork and mental processing.

    While Allar has shown flashes of brilliance, particularly in the 2024 season, his overall body of work indicates room for growth. His ability to make off-platform throws and extend plays will appeal to creative offensive coordinators.

    Written By:K.C. Martinez (Big Ten)

  • Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

  • Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    @calfoxwc said:

    Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

  • Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

  • Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    Very sloppy. Wind up motion, questionable footwork.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    Yep. Sanders is the only one any team should take as a 1st rounder.

  • Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    The NY Giants will have the 1st pick in the draft.  Whadya think they need most?  🙂  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

    @nickers said:

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

    You aren't wrong - he may stay in college one more year, then watch him go too high for the Browns. He would not be ready for his first year, but with some pro coaching and experience here and there - I love his upside, like I loved Josh Allen's upside back then.

    .....Allen.....Allar.....hmm.

    https://nittanycentral.com/penn-state-football-news-drew-allar-nick-singleton-nfl-draft-predictions/

    "

    Drew Allar ranks 5th nationally in passing efficiency and leads the nation in deep-ball accuracy with a 63% completion rate on throws over 15 yards.

    Averaging 216 yards per game and boasting an 8:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, he’s 6th in overall QBR (87.5).While he’s an elite talent, another season could elevate him from a second or third-round pick to a top-5 draft selection. How he handles Ohio State and possible playoff games will be crucial."

  •  On the surface, Allar's stats are.... interesting.  Very 2006-ish.   You don't see a lot of volume in the Penn State passing game from him, 

     He went 30 or more passing attempts only twice, averaging 22 attempts per game.  He also has two RBs that accounted for 300 carries.   Meaning Penn State averaged 23 rushing attempts per game.  That's fantastic balance, so it makes me curious how the game script goes.  

     A bit more alarming is how Allar did against the two best defenses he faced all year.  Throwing at a combined 55.3% with 3tds and 3 INts.  

     I haven't had much time for these sorts of things this season. But being that he's draft eligible, I might go on a film dive of Allar. 

  • Allar has had a couple of serious struggles - as I've noted - his wr's had big trouble getting open a few games, most notably, Ohio State. The Penn State wr group was a concern...

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/at-penn-state-the-wide-receivers-culture-is-different-this-year-01j27v2ne92c

    "Asked whether receiver being the team's biggest positional question, Hagans didn't duck the question.

    "I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter to us," he said.

    *********************************

    I really admire Allar's maturity - and he is very, very smart. He might very well stay another year with Penn - but if he comes out this next draft - I would draft him. If I could draft him in the second round, that would be brilliant.

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/penn-state-s-drew-allar-reflects-on-the-passing-game-and-ohio-state-01jc18f0jx24

    Penn State's Drew Allar Reflects on the Passing Game and Ohio State

    The Nittany Lions quarterback defends his receivers of criticism: "I don’t really find it necessary at all."
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Try not to laugh too hard at this one, but there is a guy I'm starting to think about who is contemplating entering the draft that could possibly be a good 2nd or 3rd round pick (that could be even higher if he waited a year).  Syracuse went 9-3 without the type of talent Ohio State usually has to work with so these are impressive stats IMO considering the situation under a 1st year HC there.  When I saw him play, he was much more decisive from good pre-snap reads helping him release the ball much quicker this year. Oh yeah, it's Kyle McCord and I'm not McKidding you!

    image.thumb.png.36b1c5fb87327fb304800f6b8728f311.png

    image.png.4e38f13ca43d8574601df66349cbe6bd.png

    Here's his top 3 Receivers:

    image.thumb.png.9bb101870717ddfe5af71a31b4b6e05d.png

  • Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

  • Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    Thanks!  6th round projection might bring him back to Syracuse for the last year of eligibility.  Stay tuned...

  • Allar is a much better arm talent than McCord. And Better escapability and athleticism.  McCord sat for some time got his opportunity and then appeared to be spoon fed last year and had trouble reading defenses.  He is probably gotten better (competition weaker this year)  but the level ahead of him is three steps up. 
     

    Being fair and balanced, I don’t really want to draft Allar especially in the range where someone will view him- 1st or 2nd round…but he has a nice collection of NFL type throws.  He may throw the best slant route of anyone in this upcoming draft.  But Off his spot with guys in his face and tougher defenses he doesn’t get the job done and his mechanics are $hit. I don’t see a lot of bad decisions aside from that last INT in the Oregon game.  Some Correctable stuff…perhaps.  
     

    These two guys are major projection type prospects.  Lottery picks.  3rd or worse for Allar.  5th or worse for McCord.  If Allar makes it to the 3rd round I’ll be shocked.  Some good tape and athleticism will be enough for some team 

  • It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

  • It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    I’d prefer a Tackle or edge rusher.   I wouldn’t take a projected guard at the next level with a top 10 pick.  Setting up a support system for a guy in 2026 probably a good idea. If you go edge we’d have three picks within the top 100 to add this support.   If they are targeting a tackle and get to go back in the draft obviously an ideal situation - add picks in 2026 to secure a QB in that draft.  You can’t pass on a QB in 2026. 
     

    I think it is pretty simple in the top 10…best available…elite QB, tackle, pass rusher or some can’t miss unicorn toy (RB/WR). 
     

    Second level QB…after the teams ahead of us take “their guy”. No thanks.