Skip to content

Currently our 2025 first round pick is....

The Browns Board
684 34 21.1k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Allar has had a couple of serious struggles - as I've noted - his wr's had big trouble getting open a few games, most notably, Ohio State. The Penn State wr group was a concern...

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/at-penn-state-the-wide-receivers-culture-is-different-this-year-01j27v2ne92c

    "Asked whether receiver being the team's biggest positional question, Hagans didn't duck the question.

    "I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter to us," he said.

    *********************************

    I really admire Allar's maturity - and he is very, very smart. He might very well stay another year with Penn - but if he comes out this next draft - I would draft him. If I could draft him in the second round, that would be brilliant.

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/penn-state-s-drew-allar-reflects-on-the-passing-game-and-ohio-state-01jc18f0jx24

    Penn State's Drew Allar Reflects on the Passing Game and Ohio State

    The Nittany Lions quarterback defends his receivers of criticism: "I don’t really find it necessary at all."
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Try not to laugh too hard at this one, but there is a guy I'm starting to think about who is contemplating entering the draft that could possibly be a good 2nd or 3rd round pick (that could be even higher if he waited a year).  Syracuse went 9-3 without the type of talent Ohio State usually has to work with so these are impressive stats IMO considering the situation under a 1st year HC there.  When I saw him play, he was much more decisive from good pre-snap reads helping him release the ball much quicker this year. Oh yeah, it's Kyle McCord and I'm not McKidding you!

    image.thumb.png.36b1c5fb87327fb304800f6b8728f311.png

    image.png.4e38f13ca43d8574601df66349cbe6bd.png

    Here's his top 3 Receivers:

    image.thumb.png.9bb101870717ddfe5af71a31b4b6e05d.png

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

  • Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    Thanks!  6th round projection might bring him back to Syracuse for the last year of eligibility.  Stay tuned...

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    Allar is a much better arm talent than McCord. And Better escapability and athleticism.  McCord sat for some time got his opportunity and then appeared to be spoon fed last year and had trouble reading defenses.  He is probably gotten better (competition weaker this year)  but the level ahead of him is three steps up. 
     

    Being fair and balanced, I don’t really want to draft Allar especially in the range where someone will view him- 1st or 2nd round…but he has a nice collection of NFL type throws.  He may throw the best slant route of anyone in this upcoming draft.  But Off his spot with guys in his face and tougher defenses he doesn’t get the job done and his mechanics are $hit. I don’t see a lot of bad decisions aside from that last INT in the Oregon game.  Some Correctable stuff…perhaps.  
     

    These two guys are major projection type prospects.  Lottery picks.  3rd or worse for Allar.  5th or worse for McCord.  If Allar makes it to the 3rd round I’ll be shocked.  Some good tape and athleticism will be enough for some team 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

  • It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    I’d prefer a Tackle or edge rusher.   I wouldn’t take a projected guard at the next level with a top 10 pick.  Setting up a support system for a guy in 2026 probably a good idea. If you go edge we’d have three picks within the top 100 to add this support.   If they are targeting a tackle and get to go back in the draft obviously an ideal situation - add picks in 2026 to secure a QB in that draft.  You can’t pass on a QB in 2026. 
     

    I think it is pretty simple in the top 10…best available…elite QB, tackle, pass rusher or some can’t miss unicorn toy (RB/WR). 
     

    Second level QB…after the teams ahead of us take “their guy”. No thanks.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149

    We are up to #6 after that 6 turnover performance 

    IMG_1438.png

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

  • So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

    No.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

    No.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    No.  

    Yeah I just can't see ever taking a RB this high. 

    But there has to be someone on here who would. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No.  

    Yeah I just can't see ever taking a RB this high. 

    But there has to be someone on here who would. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah I just can't see ever taking a RB this high. 

    But there has to be someone on here who would. 

    Dallas didn't too badly with Zeke Elliot very early (#4) back in that 2016 draft.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Well, the Jets / Jaguars game did not end in a tie so we move up (at least) one spot.

    We're currently picking no worse than 7th.  

    Remember, Strength of Schedule at the end of the season breaks ties.  Right now our SOS is kinda' high, which isn't in our favor.  According to the chart that Browns149 posted, right now we'd be picking 7th.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah I just can't see ever taking a RB this high. 

    But there has to be someone on here who would. 

    Dallas didn't too badly with Zeke Elliot very early (#4) back in that 2016 draft.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Dallas didn't too badly with Zeke Elliot very early (#4) back in that 2016 draft.

     Meh.  As good as Zeke was coming out, they could have gone elsewhere with an improved offensive line that would have given them a pick with more longevity. 

     That said, Zeke and the Oline may have been the engine to the offense that allowed Dak more time to develop into an NFL QB. So there's something to be said for that. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
  • Well, the Jets / Jaguars game did not end in a tie so we move up (at least) one spot.

    We're currently picking no worse than 7th.  

    Remember, Strength of Schedule at the end of the season breaks ties.  Right now our SOS is kinda' high, which isn't in our favor.  According to the chart that Browns149 posted, right now we'd be picking 7th.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Well, the Jets / Jaguars game did not end in a tie so we move up (at least) one spot.

    We're currently picking no worse than 7th.  

    Remember, Strength of Schedule at the end of the season breaks ties.  Right now our SOS is kinda' high, which isn't in our favor.  According to the chart that Browns149 posted, right now we'd be picking 7th.

    The site is tankathon.com. Kinda funny 

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by

    Playoff picture really shaping up. The solace for Browns fans is being able to sit and watch elite teams like Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Kansas City, and Philadelphia at this time of year.

    Someday the Browns will be relevant again like they last were 60 years ago. 

    Happy Holidays Browns fans. It's an incredible time for elite football. Glad you can enjoy it vicariously through me.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
  • Allar is a much better arm talent than McCord. And Better escapability and athleticism.  McCord sat for some time got his opportunity and then appeared to be spoon fed last year and had trouble reading defenses.  He is probably gotten better (competition weaker this year)  but the level ahead of him is three steps up. 
     

    Being fair and balanced, I don’t really want to draft Allar especially in the range where someone will view him- 1st or 2nd round…but he has a nice collection of NFL type throws.  He may throw the best slant route of anyone in this upcoming draft.  But Off his spot with guys in his face and tougher defenses he doesn’t get the job done and his mechanics are $hit. I don’t see a lot of bad decisions aside from that last INT in the Oregon game.  Some Correctable stuff…perhaps.  
     

    These two guys are major projection type prospects.  Lottery picks.  3rd or worse for Allar.  5th or worse for McCord.  If Allar makes it to the 3rd round I’ll be shocked.  Some good tape and athleticism will be enough for some team 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Allar is a much better arm talent than McCord. And Better escapability and athleticism.  McCord sat for some time got his opportunity and then appeared to be spoon fed last year and had trouble reading defenses.  He is probably gotten better (competition weaker this year)  but the level ahead of him is three steps up. 
     

    Being fair and balanced, I don’t really want to draft Allar especially in the range where someone will view him- 1st or 2nd round…but he has a nice collection of NFL type throws.  He may throw the best slant route of anyone in this upcoming draft.  But Off his spot with guys in his face and tougher defenses he doesn’t get the job done and his mechanics are $hit. I don’t see a lot of bad decisions aside from that last INT in the Oregon game.  Some Correctable stuff…perhaps.  
     

    These two guys are major projection type prospects.  Lottery picks.  3rd or worse for Allar.  5th or worse for McCord.  If Allar makes it to the 3rd round I’ll be shocked.  Some good tape and athleticism will be enough for some team 

    Those seem like fair assessments in the part I bolded.  That said, being from Upstate NY I keep my eye on Syracuse and they were televised 3 or 4 times here in FL believe it or not.  I saw a much better version of this year than I did at Ohio State.  He still has a year of eligibility left so he may stay.  This year seems like slim pickings at QB so I'm tossing his name in for a mid-late round possibility.  Anyone that can lead that passing game/program to a 9-3 record has my attention.  I can't tell you how many times I asked "is that really McCord?"  Way more decisive and quicker at getting the ball out of his hands.  His pre-snap reads were often on point. I think this was only his 2nd year starting.

    We have a lot of needs all of a sudden.  We can't blow off LT again; and I think we finally need a freakin Safety.  Wanted one last year.  We probably need to add a RB.  Jeudy and Tillman are a good starting tandem of WRs so that's not as urgent.  LB, and anything else I'm overlooking...

  • Playoff picture really shaping up. The solace for Browns fans is being able to sit and watch elite teams like Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Kansas City, and Philadelphia at this time of year.

    Someday the Browns will be relevant again like they last were 60 years ago. 

    Happy Holidays Browns fans. It's an incredible time for elite football. Glad you can enjoy it vicariously through me.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @packernation said:

    Playoff picture really shaping up. The solace for Browns fans is being able to sit and watch elite teams like Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Kansas City, and Philadelphia at this time of year.

    Someday the Browns will be relevant again like they last were 60 years ago. 

    Happy Holidays Browns fans. It's an incredible time for elite football. Glad you can enjoy it vicariously through me.

    ?