Skip to content

Currently our 2025 first round pick is....

The Browns Board
684 34 21.1k 1
  • What the f*** are you people whining about now?

    WSS

    [email protected]

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    What the f*** are you people whining about now?

    WSS

    [email protected]

    ? Thatt a boy!  Thanks for the prompt reply!  

    Does the Bear222 shit in the woods?  No - he just shits in the pot he's about to stir.  I'm sorry I gotta give him an A+ here...

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I see the mod emails. Was it a flurry of spam?

  • What the f*** are you people whining about now?

    WSS

    [email protected]

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    What the f*** are you people whining about now?

    WSS

    [email protected]

    what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif.5657d6647af9884c4b69b13f7b694aab.gif

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    A well run machine we have here.

  • I see the mod emails. Was it a flurry of spam?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I see the mod emails. Was it a flurry of spam?

    Looked like a bunch of s*** from a year ago.

    Are you digging back and fish away posthumous warning points or deleting s***?

    WSS

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    I like the idea of posthumous warning points. I would like a lot of those after l die.

  • @westside-steve said:

    What the f*** are you people whining about now?

    WSS

    [email protected]

    ? Thatt a boy!  Thanks for the prompt reply!  

    Does the Bear222 shit in the woods?  No - he just shits in the pot he's about to stir.  I'm sorry I gotta give him an A+ here...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    ? Thatt a boy!  Thanks for the prompt reply!  

    Does the Bear222 shit in the woods?  No - he just shits in the pot he's about to stir.  I'm sorry I gotta give him an A+ here...

    Just so that the few people that I actually like can get in touch after this s******* goes away.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I see the mod emails. Was it a flurry of spam?

    Looked like a bunch of s*** from a year ago.

    Are you digging back and fish away posthumous warning points or deleting s***?

    WSS

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Looked like a bunch of s*** from a year ago.

    Are you digging back and fish away posthumous warning points or deleting s***?

    WSS

    Me??? No. I just got a flurry of emails about posts that needed mod approval 

  • Trade out of #2 , stock pile picks 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @7moses7 said:

    Trade out of #2 , stock pile picks 

    Credit where credit is due, good call. Reviving crusty threads is kinda fun.

  • @flugel said:

    ? Thatt a boy!  Thanks for the prompt reply!  

    Does the Bear222 shit in the woods?  No - he just shits in the pot he's about to stir.  I'm sorry I gotta give him an A+ here...

    Just so that the few people that I actually like can get in touch after this s******* goes away.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Just so that the few people that I actually like can get in touch after this s******* goes away.

    Just make sure to let the community know in advance that way we can get ownership transferred over and into the hands of active, football users, on the board. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Just so that the few people that I actually like can get in touch after this s******* goes away.

    Just make sure to let the community know in advance that way we can get ownership transferred over and into the hands of active, football users, on the board. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just make sure to let the community know in advance that way we can get ownership transferred over and into the hands of active, football users, on the board. 

    That's what I've tried to do but there are just too many assholes involved.

    If that's your plan I suggest getting contact information of all the people on the board that you'd like to stay in touch with and start your own.

    WSS

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So can someone explain why a thread that has been dead for 8 months got resurrected today for no apparent reason? 

  • So can someone explain why a thread that has been dead for 8 months got resurrected today for no apparent reason? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So can someone explain why a thread that has been dead for 8 months got resurrected today for no apparent reason? 

    Well....Here's our current 2026 position.  🙂

    image.thumb.png.bafdd6573c4dfdfbcc04ebf3877e3e59.png

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Well, we've moved up to pick #4.

    I don't expect any more wins this season so we'll probably be at 3 wins at season's end.

    The Giants play the Commanders next week.  Perhaps they can win that game and get to 3 wins.

    In 3 weeks they play the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that one then they're at 3 wins.

    The Titans play the Saints (who won today and have 3 wins) in 3 weeks.  Perhaps they beat the Saints which gives us a path to the #1 pick.

    But let's say we get to #1.  Do we say, Screw it!  We're riding with Sanders...and then trade the #1 overall Mendoza pick?  Or do we go ahead and pick him?   Obviously we can't know the answer to that today.  But Sanders threw for 364 yards, 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD today.  And the Titans D is not terrible by any stretch.  But he's got 4 more games to force the answer to that question to be, Trade the Pick.  So, we'll see.  

  • Well, we've moved up to pick #4.

    I don't expect any more wins this season so we'll probably be at 3 wins at season's end.

    The Giants play the Commanders next week.  Perhaps they can win that game and get to 3 wins.

    In 3 weeks they play the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that one then they're at 3 wins.

    The Titans play the Saints (who won today and have 3 wins) in 3 weeks.  Perhaps they beat the Saints which gives us a path to the #1 pick.

    But let's say we get to #1.  Do we say, Screw it!  We're riding with Sanders...and then trade the #1 overall Mendoza pick?  Or do we go ahead and pick him?   Obviously we can't know the answer to that today.  But Sanders threw for 364 yards, 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD today.  And the Titans D is not terrible by any stretch.  But he's got 4 more games to force the answer to that question to be, Trade the Pick.  So, we'll see.  

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149

    @orion said:

    Well, we've moved up to pick #4.

    I don't expect any more wins this season so we'll probably be at 3 wins at season's end.

    The Giants play the Commanders next week.  Perhaps they can win that game and get to 3 wins.

    In 3 weeks they play the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that one then they're at 3 wins.

    The Titans play the Saints (who won today and have 3 wins) in 3 weeks.  Perhaps they beat the Saints which gives us a path to the #1 pick.

    But let's say we get to #1.  Do we say, Screw it!  We're riding with Sanders...and then trade the #1 overall Mendoza pick?  Or do we go ahead and pick him?   Obviously we can't know the answer to that today.  But Sanders threw for 364 yards, 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD today.  And the Titans D is not terrible by any stretch.  But he's got 4 more games to force the answer to that question to be, Trade the Pick.  So, we'll see.  

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

  • @orion said:

    Well, we've moved up to pick #4.

    I don't expect any more wins this season so we'll probably be at 3 wins at season's end.

    The Giants play the Commanders next week.  Perhaps they can win that game and get to 3 wins.

    In 3 weeks they play the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that one then they're at 3 wins.

    The Titans play the Saints (who won today and have 3 wins) in 3 weeks.  Perhaps they beat the Saints which gives us a path to the #1 pick.

    But let's say we get to #1.  Do we say, Screw it!  We're riding with Sanders...and then trade the #1 overall Mendoza pick?  Or do we go ahead and pick him?   Obviously we can't know the answer to that today.  But Sanders threw for 364 yards, 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD today.  And the Titans D is not terrible by any stretch.  But he's got 4 more games to force the answer to that question to be, Trade the Pick.  So, we'll see.  

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

    we are fucked if we draft a qb high in the draft (they all suck anyway ) we need to build up our o line and get some wr's

  • @orion said:

    Well, we've moved up to pick #4.

    I don't expect any more wins this season so we'll probably be at 3 wins at season's end.

    The Giants play the Commanders next week.  Perhaps they can win that game and get to 3 wins.

    In 3 weeks they play the Raiders.  If the Raiders win that one then they're at 3 wins.

    The Titans play the Saints (who won today and have 3 wins) in 3 weeks.  Perhaps they beat the Saints which gives us a path to the #1 pick.

    But let's say we get to #1.  Do we say, Screw it!  We're riding with Sanders...and then trade the #1 overall Mendoza pick?  Or do we go ahead and pick him?   Obviously we can't know the answer to that today.  But Sanders threw for 364 yards, 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD today.  And the Titans D is not terrible by any stretch.  But he's got 4 more games to force the answer to that question to be, Trade the Pick.  So, we'll see.  

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

    It doesn't matter who the owner or GM is... if you need a QB, there's literally only one QB in this class anyone would consider. 

  • sydS syd

    @browns149 said:

    We need someone besides Berry or Jimmy picking a QB that high

    we are fucked if we draft a qb high in the draft (they all suck anyway ) we need to build up our o line and get some wr's

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @syd said:

    we are fucked if we draft a qb high in the draft (they all suck anyway ) we need to build up our o line and get some wr's

    I know this is a crazy idea, but you can actually do both.

    I never understand the "You can't draft a QB you have to fix other things" like if we take a QB with the first pick all the rest of our draft picks/trades/free agency is taken away from us. 

    And I really don't think there is a OLinemen or WR really worth, say, the 4th overall pick in this draft.

  • @syd said:

    we are fucked if we draft a qb high in the draft (they all suck anyway ) we need to build up our o line and get some wr's

    I know this is a crazy idea, but you can actually do both.

    I never understand the "You can't draft a QB you have to fix other things" like if we take a QB with the first pick all the rest of our draft picks/trades/free agency is taken away from us. 

    And I really don't think there is a OLinemen or WR really worth, say, the 4th overall pick in this draft.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know this is a crazy idea, but you can actually do both.

    I never understand the "You can't draft a QB you have to fix other things" like if we take a QB with the first pick all the rest of our draft picks/trades/free agency is taken away from us. 

    And I really don't think there is a OLinemen or WR really worth, say, the 4th overall pick in this draft.

    so we will have to move up to get a qb which would be a very stupid idea

    Updated 2025 NFL Draft Order

    1. New York Giants (2-11)
    2. Las Vegas (2-11)
    3. Tennessee (2-11)
    4. Cleveland (3-10)
    5. New Orleans (3-10)
    6. Washington (3-10)
    7. New York Jets (3-10)
    8. Arizona (3-10)
    9. Los Angeles Rams (via Atlanta - 4-9)
    10. Cincinnati (4-9)
    11. Minnesota (5-8)
    12. Miami (6-7)
    13. Baltimore (6-7)
    14. Dallas (6-6-1)
    15. Kansas City (6-6)
    16. Carolina (7-6)
    17. Houston (7-5)
    18. Detroit (8-5)
    19. Pittsburgh (7-6)
    20. Tampa Bay (7-6)
    21. New York Jets (via Indianapolis - 8-5)
    22. Los Angeles Chargers (8-4)
    23. Philadelphia (8-4)
    24. Chicago (9-4)
    25. Buffalo (9-4)
    26. San Francisco (9-4)
    27. Cleveland (via Jacksonville - 9-3)
    28. Dallas (via Green Bay - 9-3-1)
    29. Seattle (10-3)
    30. New England (11-2)
    31. Los Angeles Rams (10-3)
    32. Denver (11-2)
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Depends on what you would have to give up and how much you love the QB @syd... 

    But I get what you are saying, the Browns offense needs too much to have to give up high picks to move up and get Mendoza. Jacksonville gave up a very high second rounder last draft and a first rounder this draft to move from #5 to #2. 

    I'm close to officially advocating for the Browns to go into next season with Shadeur Sanders as the starter (need to see him finish this season first) and use this offseason to go balls to the wall in fixing the offense. After next season, you decide if Sanders is the QB for the long-term or you get a QB in what should/could be a much better QB class in the '27 draft class. (I know, I know. I said THIS coming draft would be a much better QB class than the last one.)