Skip to content

Za’Darius Smith traded

The Browns Board
24 15 787
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Ahh, the good old 5th and 6th round picks. Rest assured they will be used on 2 guys that shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    So we just helped one of the remaining two old school teams trying to make their 1st Super Bowl appearance... which will leave us as the only one remaining.

    Dont give me that  NFL Championship BS.
    Detroit got 4 of those things too.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Can we trade Winston for a sack of potatoes 

  • Ahh, the good old 5th and 6th round picks. Rest assured they will be used on 2 guys that shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ahh, the good old 5th and 6th round picks. Rest assured they will be used on 2 guys that shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

    But, but, but..........................what about the bag of beans that come with the trade??😛

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Ahh, the good old 5th and 6th round picks. Rest assured they will be used on 2 guys that shouldn’t be on an NFL roster.

    But, but, but..........................what about the bag of beans that come with the trade??😛

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    But, but, but..........................what about the bag of beans that come with the trade??😛

    Beans? I thought it was a warm 6 pack of beer?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #11

    LIONS ACQUIRE 2026 7th Rd Pick DE Za'Darius Smith 2024: $605k (gtd) 2025: $11M (non-gtd) BROWNS ACQUIRE 2025 5th Rd pick 2026 6th Rd pick Cleveland Dead Cap 2024: $4.63M 2025: $16.1M

  • @packernation said:

    Z has not been good since his time in Green Bay. He was done when he left Green Bay disgruntled. He was upset the Packers let him go.

    A 5th and 6th round pick is a steal for Z.

    Lions kicked your ass.?

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #12

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Lions kicked your ass.?

    Everyone and their brother kicks your Browns ass. Sit down until your team wins something. 

    We will let you know when you get a seat at the big boys table.

    Back to Z...and how he is mediocre at best. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Lions kicked your ass.?

    Everyone and their brother kicks your Browns ass. Sit down until your team wins something. 

    We will let you know when you get a seat at the big boys table.

    Back to Z...and how he is mediocre at best. 

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @packernation said:

    Everyone and their brother kicks your Browns ass. Sit down until your team wins something. 

    We will let you know when you get a seat at the big boys table.

    Back to Z...and how he is mediocre at best. 

    But they still kicked your ass😁

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zadarius played well for us but Mcguire looks very capable of taking his place without much drop off.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I mean if we were contending I wouldn’t like it, since we aren’t it seems like a fair exchange.

    Wonder who else they’ll get shipped out before the deadline 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Surprised this is the only trade at this point. Figured we'd be cleaning shop 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Basically, we traded Smith for a late 5th round pick (at the moment like, 2nd last pick in the round).  Oh, and we swapped next year's 7th rounder for their 6th rounder (one practice squad player for another).  -  I'm sure Smith is whistling on his way to the plane.  Good for the Lions.  I like Jared Goff.  I think the Rams did him a disservice.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Mentioned in trade rumors, Quinton Jefferson looks to have been unable to generate sufficient interest for the Browns. As a result, Cleveland will drop the veteran D-lineman.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Bye Zadarius. He showed some flashes, like Clowney did here, but not enough production to get upset about his departure. 

    I just want some wins after the BYE week. It would be even better if they sent DePodesta packing.

  • Basically, we traded Smith for a late 5th round pick (at the moment like, 2nd last pick in the round).  Oh, and we swapped next year's 7th rounder for their 6th rounder (one practice squad player for another).  -  I'm sure Smith is whistling on his way to the plane.  Good for the Lions.  I like Jared Goff.  I think the Rams did him a disservice.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    Basically, we traded Smith for a late 5th round pick (at the moment like, 2nd last pick in the round).  Oh, and we swapped next year's 7th rounder for their 6th rounder (one practice squad player for another).  -  I'm sure Smith is whistling on his way to the plane.  Good for the Lions.  I like Jared Goff.  I think the Rams did him a disservice.

    Well said!  Not to take away from what looks like an Offensive Rookie of the Year in Washington if healthy - but Goff looks like the best QB in the NFC.  Good for him because impatience wanting a scapegoat in one place led to a better opportunity in another.  Seems like a quiet kid that's very easy for his hometown fans to embrace.  

    I have mixed feelings about wanting to tank to root for the better draft slots especially when some drafts aren't deep at QB and other areas of big need for this team.  Not only that, many of our Pro Bowl players (Garrett, Ward, Bitonio, Teller, Chubb, Njoku) weren't drafted by this FO.  The only guy with star potential they've drafted since 2020 is JOK although I'm starting to think Cedric Tillman belongs in the same category.  I want to be wrong about these negative feelings I have; and hopefully they'll prove me wrong.  That hasn't been too hard to do lately...

  • @orion said:

    Basically, we traded Smith for a late 5th round pick (at the moment like, 2nd last pick in the round).  Oh, and we swapped next year's 7th rounder for their 6th rounder (one practice squad player for another).  -  I'm sure Smith is whistling on his way to the plane.  Good for the Lions.  I like Jared Goff.  I think the Rams did him a disservice.

    Well said!  Not to take away from what looks like an Offensive Rookie of the Year in Washington if healthy - but Goff looks like the best QB in the NFC.  Good for him because impatience wanting a scapegoat in one place led to a better opportunity in another.  Seems like a quiet kid that's very easy for his hometown fans to embrace.  

    I have mixed feelings about wanting to tank to root for the better draft slots especially when some drafts aren't deep at QB and other areas of big need for this team.  Not only that, many of our Pro Bowl players (Garrett, Ward, Bitonio, Teller, Chubb, Njoku) weren't drafted by this FO.  The only guy with star potential they've drafted since 2020 is JOK although I'm starting to think Cedric Tillman belongs in the same category.  I want to be wrong about these negative feelings I have; and hopefully they'll prove me wrong.  That hasn't been too hard to do lately...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flugel said:

    Well said!  Not to take away from what looks like an Offensive Rookie of the Year in Washington if healthy - but Goff looks like the best QB in the NFC.  Good for him because impatience wanting a scapegoat in one place led to a better opportunity in another.  Seems like a quiet kid that's very easy for his hometown fans to embrace. 

    It helps that his HC spent 11 years in the pros as a TE. He knows how to talk with QBs better than most HCs. I credit him with supporting and bringing out the best in Goff after he was traded to Detroit. Here is Goff pulling a prank-one of my favorites. Really got the starting QB worried. LOL!

  • @orion said:

    Basically, we traded Smith for a late 5th round pick (at the moment like, 2nd last pick in the round).  Oh, and we swapped next year's 7th rounder for their 6th rounder (one practice squad player for another).  -  I'm sure Smith is whistling on his way to the plane.  Good for the Lions.  I like Jared Goff.  I think the Rams did him a disservice.

    Well said!  Not to take away from what looks like an Offensive Rookie of the Year in Washington if healthy - but Goff looks like the best QB in the NFC.  Good for him because impatience wanting a scapegoat in one place led to a better opportunity in another.  Seems like a quiet kid that's very easy for his hometown fans to embrace.  

    I have mixed feelings about wanting to tank to root for the better draft slots especially when some drafts aren't deep at QB and other areas of big need for this team.  Not only that, many of our Pro Bowl players (Garrett, Ward, Bitonio, Teller, Chubb, Njoku) weren't drafted by this FO.  The only guy with star potential they've drafted since 2020 is JOK although I'm starting to think Cedric Tillman belongs in the same category.  I want to be wrong about these negative feelings I have; and hopefully they'll prove me wrong.  That hasn't been too hard to do lately...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @flugel said:

    I have mixed feelings about wanting to tank to root for the better draft slots

    Of course you do.  Nobody wants to see their team lose a game.  Especially on gameday.

    But, when you step back 30,000 ft.....you see that you might be wanting to draft a QB.  Having the very highest draft pick possible is very helpful in that regard.  The QB position is like no other.  Without your starting QB of the foreseeable future your team will not be too good.  And if you DO have your QB in place then you aren't thinking about the draft in mid-October.  The QB position is off the curve.  It's all bets are off.  (see trade for Watson)  

    Obviously your draft spots in subsequent rounds are better and more valuable to other teams for trading purposes...but also, in theory, your schedule will be weaker than other teams in your division.  

    The only game(s) that you're allowed to 'tank' is at the end of the season and you're a locked in playoff team resting your players.

  • @flugel said:

    I have mixed feelings about wanting to tank to root for the better draft slots

    Of course you do.  Nobody wants to see their team lose a game.  Especially on gameday.

    But, when you step back 30,000 ft.....you see that you might be wanting to draft a QB.  Having the very highest draft pick possible is very helpful in that regard.  The QB position is like no other.  Without your starting QB of the foreseeable future your team will not be too good.  And if you DO have your QB in place then you aren't thinking about the draft in mid-October.  The QB position is off the curve.  It's all bets are off.  (see trade for Watson)  

    Obviously your draft spots in subsequent rounds are better and more valuable to other teams for trading purposes...but also, in theory, your schedule will be weaker than other teams in your division.  

    The only game(s) that you're allowed to 'tank' is at the end of the season and you're a locked in playoff team resting your players.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @orion said:

    Of course you do.  Nobody wants to see their team lose a game.  Especially on gameday.

    But, when you step back 30,000 ft.....you see that you might be wanting to draft a QB.  Having the very highest draft pick possible is very helpful in that regard.  The QB position is like no other.  Without your starting QB of the foreseeable future your team will not be too good.  And if you DO have your QB in place then you aren't thinking about the draft in mid-October.  The QB position is off the curve.  It's all bets are off.  (see trade for Watson)  

    Obviously your draft spots in subsequent rounds are better and more valuable to other teams for trading purposes...but also, in theory, your schedule will be weaker than other teams in your division.  

    The only game(s) that you're allowed to 'tank' is at the end of the season and you're a locked in playoff team resting your players.

    I agree with every bit of that.  I just wish this franchise was way better at drafting/finding the right QB. I feel like Linus heading to the pumpkin patch again with it all.

  • @orion said:

    Of course you do.  Nobody wants to see their team lose a game.  Especially on gameday.

    But, when you step back 30,000 ft.....you see that you might be wanting to draft a QB.  Having the very highest draft pick possible is very helpful in that regard.  The QB position is like no other.  Without your starting QB of the foreseeable future your team will not be too good.  And if you DO have your QB in place then you aren't thinking about the draft in mid-October.  The QB position is off the curve.  It's all bets are off.  (see trade for Watson)  

    Obviously your draft spots in subsequent rounds are better and more valuable to other teams for trading purposes...but also, in theory, your schedule will be weaker than other teams in your division.  

    The only game(s) that you're allowed to 'tank' is at the end of the season and you're a locked in playoff team resting your players.

    I agree with every bit of that.  I just wish this franchise was way better at drafting/finding the right QB. I feel like Linus heading to the pumpkin patch again with it all.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @flugel said:

    I just wish this franchise was way better at drafting

    And that's the catch.  No matter where you're drafting at, it's a bit of a crap-shoot.