Skip to content

Sam Bradford Cleveland 2010

The Browns Board
79 38 5.5k
  • R RedDawg wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Stay as far from a QB as possible in this draft. The Browns need an O-line. The Browns need a Defense etc...

  • Walter football has us taking Jimmy Clausen. Weis knows his QB's, I see nothing going wrong here.

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by ClevelandFanForLife
    #35

    @adz1987 said:

    Walter football has us taking Jimmy Clausen.

    notre dame football players have the highest graduation rate among all 1-a schools at around 95%. white players greaduate 100% of the time and black kids are at 90%. clausen is staying. on a side note: ohio state ha the lowest rate of graduation at 33%. way to go jimmy t.

  • P PBJ

    I like Jake Lockers skill set, but I think he needs one more year of college before going to the NFL.

    A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
    #36

    @pbj said:

    I like Jake Lockers skill set, but I think he needs one more year of college before going to the NFL.

    Didn't catch the Stanford game, but his stat line (16/31, 191 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) suggests you're right about him needing another year.

    You're also right about him possessing an intriguing skill set.

    He'll likely be a top ten pick in 2011.

    LockerSark.jpg

  • I like Pike!

    So next draft we need a safety, qb, rt, rg in the first 4 rounds.

    whoopie we're screwed!

    A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
    #37

    @tobalaz said:

    I like Pike!

    @mayster-chief said:

    I'm a Cincinnati Grad and I've watched Tony Pike the last two years. This guy can play in the NFL. I'd love to see him in an orange helmet.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    I watched him last week against Oregon State. He was very very efficient. He's got a shot at playing.

    @ballpeen said:

    I like him as well...

    Me too.

    Pike's a guy I'm watching very closely. Still need to see him tear apart a good defense, which could happen Oct. 15 against USF. But he's shown a lot of poise in some semi-tough road games this year.

  • Walter football has us taking Jimmy Clausen. Weis knows his QB's, I see nothing going wrong here.

    C Chip Banks wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @adz1987 said:

    Walter football has us taking Jimmy Clausen. Weis knows his QB's, I see nothing going wrong here.

    Do they have Charlie being our O coordinator? If Weiss knows his QBs, then we don't need one with Quinn on board. I see Quinn and I see a guy who has poor accuracy on intermediate to deep throws. He has to wind up and really seems to be overthrowing the ball when the situation calls for a deep out or square in, which has manifested in sub-NFL accuracy.

    To get away with an average arm, a QB has to throw the ball on anticipation and be deadly accurate. I'm not sure if Quinn doesn't trust his own arm, but he really seems to try to "muscle up" on the longer throws and a lot of them end up uncatchable.

  • @mayster-chief said:

    I'm a Cincinnati Grad and I've watched Tony Pike the last two years. This guy can play in the NFL. I'd love to see him in an orange helmet.

    I watched him last week against Oregon State. He was very very efficient. He's got a shot at playing.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    I watched him last week against Oregon State. He was very very efficient. He's got a shot at playing.

    I've seen Pike twice this year and he looks good. He's gonna shoot up the draft boards.

  • A Alo

    @pbj said:

    I like Jake Lockers skill set, but I think he needs one more year of college before going to the NFL.

    Didn't catch the Stanford game, but his stat line (16/31, 191 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) suggests you're right about him needing another year.

    You're also right about him possessing an intriguing skill set.

    He'll likely be a top ten pick in 2011.

    LockerSark.jpg

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @alo said:

    Didn't catch the Stanford game, but his stat line (16/31, 191 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) suggests you're right about him needing another year.

    You're also right about him possessing an intriguing skill set.

    Jake Locker is as fun to watch as any QB in the country. He came from a tiny high school that ran the wing T offense.

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #41
    I've seen Pike twice this year and he looks good. He's gonna shoot up the draft boards.

    So we should draft him?

  • I've seen Pike twice this year and he looks good. He's gonna shoot up the draft boards.

    So we should draft him?

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @greythan said:

    So we should draft him?

    Sure I wouldn't be against grooming him under Anderson for a year or two.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I like Locker ever since watching play against the real OSU.

    Pike is the cat I really like, kid is tight.

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #44
    Sure I wouldn't be against grooming him under Anderson for a year or two.

    Groom a QB with a 24-25 year old starter ahead of him? Makes no sense based on this team's needs.

    You must have simply lost your senses when suggesting any interest in a QB. Crazyness!

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #45

    3 games Shep. 3 games.

    Just a bit premature announcing this kid as having "arrived".

  • W WilsonTheVolleyball wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Since the Browns are incapable of utilizing the draft to get a QB, why not just trade away the first or second round pick for a proven veteran QB?

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    As long as we take a Franchise QB...I don't care who it is...Bradford, McCoy or pike...is pike a senior?

  • NO FIRST ROUND QB"S EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ... There are better ways to build a team. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @sez.ej said:

    NO FIRST ROUND QB"S EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ... There are better ways to build a team. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

    WRONG WRONG WRONG

  • As long as we take a Franchise QB...I don't care who it is...Bradford, McCoy or pike...is pike a senior?

    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @solon16 said:

    As long as we take a Franchise QB...I don't care who it is...Bradford, McCoy or pike...is pike a senior?

    Yes, Tony Pike is a senior.

  • Stay as far from a QB as possible in this draft. The Browns need an O-line. The Browns need a Defense etc...

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @reddawg said:

    Stay as far from a QB as possible in this draft. The Browns need an O-line. The Browns need a Defense etc...

    So wrong it's sickening! Sickening! This draft is the EXACT time to Draft a QB AND with the #1 pick!

  • T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #51

    I'd be happy with Pike, a safety, a guard and a tackle in the first 4 rounds so long as 3 of those could start immediately and the 4th be ready by the next season.

  • marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
    #52

    If history teaches us anything the good qb's are coming out of mainstream colleges anymore. I mean look at Big Gay Ben...Miami of Ohio. Joe Flacco....Delaware. Steve McNair (R.I.P) Alcorn State. Plenty that have come from big name schools have fallen flat on their faces Matt Leinart (USC)...Rex Grossman (Florida)....Drew Henson (Michigan)*

    *Incidently Drew Henson hasn't touched a football in at least 5 years while his "understudy" has been to 4 Super Bowls and won 3 of them and he was drafted in the 6th round.

    Drafting in the first round for a QB isn't always the answer.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #53

    If Sam Bradford couldn't survive against BYU with one of the more talented lineups - what would be his prognosis behind this line against the defenses in our division?

    Be CAREFUL about the Big 12 Qbs - they don't play a lick of defense in that conference. IMO, it could be an enormous false positive. For example, Graham Harrell posted eye popping numbers and he couldn't make our QB deprived outfit. He's in the CFL today - if he even made it there.

    Here's another thing to consider - Bradford is used to being on a talented team that is well coached. He comes here and he gets the SAME culture shock that many of our Head Coaches found when they came from the land of Parcells or BB only to find there's no Lawrence Taylors or Tom Bradys here. Just an FYI, BB was winless in NE until Brady replaced Bledsoe. Look it up. Even the best coaches on the planet need an X-factor or 2. The same holds true with the QBs.

    Ask yourself this Sunday regardless of who is starting at QB - WHO do you want the football to go to. WHO does the opposing defense need to worry about. If you have a good answer - I'm all ears.

    - Tom F.