Skip to content

The Official Browns at Steelers Game Thread Dec 8th

The Browns Board
112 19 2.9k 1
  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Did the Browns win?

    Didn't check the score yet.

  • Did the Browns win?

    Didn't check the score yet.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @packernation said:

    Did the Browns win?

    Didn't check the score yet.

    fucking troll

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Oh, that's a shame. Keep ya head up Brownies.

    Jets and Dolphins in OT 

  • Oh, that's a shame. Keep ya head up Brownies.

    Jets and Dolphins in OT 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @packernation said:

    Oh, that's a shame. Keep ya head up Brownies.

    Jets and Dolphins in OT 

    Go jets

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Winston had open guys.  But he'd throw to the deeper receiver who had very little chance of catching a pass.  And the thing is, he had to look directly past the open guy underneath.  And the underneath guy would still have been decent yardage....first downs a couple of times.  

    We all love the person that Winston is....but are we all coming around to the fact that he is not the future?  That he's not the guy that we want as first string next year? 

    Our D actually did a nice job.  They held the Steelers to 267 yards.  The one ding I'd give the D is tackling.  They did not wrap up the RB's and tackle them.  Ward had to make too many RB tackles because the RB's got through the initial tackle attempts.

    It was another difficult games to watch....because the back of our minds could tell that we were not going to be able to win this game.  Not for one minute throughout that whole game did it look to me like we might win.  

    Ugh.  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #76

    toney needs to find his own ride home, fuck him,Darden looked good from what i saw in the zona game

  • Winston had open guys.  But he'd throw to the deeper receiver who had very little chance of catching a pass.  And the thing is, he had to look directly past the open guy underneath.  And the underneath guy would still have been decent yardage....first downs a couple of times.  

    We all love the person that Winston is....but are we all coming around to the fact that he is not the future?  That he's not the guy that we want as first string next year? 

    Our D actually did a nice job.  They held the Steelers to 267 yards.  The one ding I'd give the D is tackling.  They did not wrap up the RB's and tackle them.  Ward had to make too many RB tackles because the RB's got through the initial tackle attempts.

    It was another difficult games to watch....because the back of our minds could tell that we were not going to be able to win this game.  Not for one minute throughout that whole game did it look to me like we might win.  

    Ugh.  

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @orion said:

    Winston had open guys.  But he'd throw to the deeper receiver who had very little chance of catching a pass.  And the thing is, he had to look directly past the open guy underneath.  And the underneath guy would still have been decent yardage....first downs a couple of times.  

    We all love the person that Winston is....but are we all coming around to the fact that he is not the future?  That he's not the guy that we want as first string next year? 

    Our D actually did a nice job.  They held the Steelers to 267 yards.  The one ding I'd give the D is tackling.  They did not wrap up the RB's and tackle them.  Ward had to make too many RB tackles because the RB's got through the initial tackle attempts.

    It was another difficult games to watch....because the back of our minds could tell that we were not going to be able to win this game.  Not for one minute throughout that whole game did it look to me like we might win.  

    Ugh.  

    I'm not happy at all with the LBs.

    Yeah, JOK is out, maybe forever. But in all honesty, the Browns haven't had a good LB group since 1994, and they play in the AFC North. It's stupid to have a defensive philosophy that ignores such a vital position.

    Takitaki wasn't the answer, but he made a play every once in awhile. Today, nada from anybody.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #78

    This team is a dumpster fire, so many problems across the board. At least the Cavs provide sports entertainment.

    I just don’t even know where they start in the offseason, so many things to figure out.

  • FY56 is a homo.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @horse-balls said:

    FY56 is a homo.

    @fy56 said:

    Horse balls has a pussy.

    Way to get this thread off to a good start asshole.

    You wonder why I don't post much anymore? the first 1\2 of the game thread was horseshit like this. 

    Gee, I still have my Mod powers- should I perma ban that Packer troll? Nah- you guys seem to enjoy insulting one another.  

  • @horse-balls said:

    FY56 is a homo.

    @fy56 said:

    Horse balls has a pussy.

    Way to get this thread off to a good start asshole.

    You wonder why I don't post much anymore? the first 1\2 of the game thread was horseshit like this. 

    Gee, I still have my Mod powers- should I perma ban that Packer troll? Nah- you guys seem to enjoy insulting one another.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @hoorta said:

    Gee, I still have my Mod powers- should I perma ban that Packer troll?

    DO IT!

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

  • Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @hoorta said:

    My take? Fire Dorsey now

    Nobody is ever going to agree with every play call that a play caller makes.

    I'm just glad it's not Stef that's getting the blame anymore.  (of course, Stef could've over ruled)  

  • @horse-balls said:

    FY56 is a homo.

    @fy56 said:

    Horse balls has a pussy.

    Way to get this thread off to a good start asshole.

    You wonder why I don't post much anymore? the first 1\2 of the game thread was horseshit like this. 

    Gee, I still have my Mod powers- should I perma ban that Packer troll? Nah- you guys seem to enjoy insulting one another.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #83

    @hoorta said:

    You wonder why I don't post much anymore? the first 1\2 of the game thread was horseshit like this. 

    Gee, I still have my Mod powers- should I perma ban that Packer troll? Nah- you guys seem to enjoy insulting one another.  

    and he take gorka with him

  • Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #84

    @hoorta said:

    Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    I wasn't going to renew this year but did anyway. 

    The thing about the Browns office, it's very cold to fans. I'm not sure people are aware of it, but the response I received from my ticket agent really pissed me off. I e mailed about me waiting to send payment in after the draft. I don't think that's such a big deal, to make a request like that. Here's the reply:

    Screenshot_20241208-200630.thumb.png.95ad6410f62cb298646458225b7665a1.png

  • Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #85

    @hoorta said:

     🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    I'm assuming you mean Berry?

    I can't see how a team can swing and miss so horribly on a trade and contract like they did and SOMEONE doesn't pay, but for some reason I have this weird feeling Berry keeps his job. 

    Edit: Ken Dorsey should be canned, got it. For some reason I thought you had a brain fart and was mixing up John Dorsey for Berry ?

  • @hoorta said:

    My take? Fire Dorsey now

    Nobody is ever going to agree with every play call that a play caller makes.

    I'm just glad it's not Stef that's getting the blame anymore.  (of course, Stef could've over ruled)  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @orion said:

    Nobody is ever going to agree with every play call that a play caller makes.

    I'm just glad it's not Stef that's getting the blame anymore.  (of course, Stef could've over ruled)  

    I'd love to see Stefanski actually be able to have a QB drafted that fits his offense.

    And no, that definitely is not DTR. 

    I'd still consider Beck or Allar if they fell in the draft.

  • @orion said:

    Nobody is ever going to agree with every play call that a play caller makes.

    I'm just glad it's not Stef that's getting the blame anymore.  (of course, Stef could've over ruled)  

    I'd love to see Stefanski actually be able to have a QB drafted that fits his offense.

    And no, that definitely is not DTR. 

    I'd still consider Beck or Allar if they fell in the draft.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love to see Stefanski actually be able to have a QB drafted that fits his offense.

    And no, that definitely is not DTR. 

    I'd still consider Beck or Allar if they fell in the draft.

    They should can Dorsey for a guy more specialized in the kubiak/shanahan style offense then.

    This weird gun slinging RPO thing they got with Dorsey just isn’t stefanskis cup of tea.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love to see Stefanski actually be able to have a QB drafted that fits his offense.

    And no, that definitely is not DTR. 

    I'd still consider Beck or Allar if they fell in the draft.

    They should can Dorsey for a guy more specialized in the kubiak/shanahan style offense then.

    This weird gun slinging RPO thing they got with Dorsey just isn’t stefanskis cup of tea.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @bbedward said:

    They should can Dorsey for a guy more specialized in the kubiak/shanahan style offense then.

    This weird gun slinging RPO thing they got with Dorsey just isn’t stefanskis cup of tea.

    It would be fine if we were running a Traditional WCO

  • Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @hoorta said:

    Now getting back to football. I honestly don't know how much more of this crap football I can take- and if you're interested me and MJP are\were almost exactly the same age.  

    Two shit interceptions- the first being particularly bad. Two more missed field goals, better clean out your locker Hopkins you're done. A dumb f**k roll out on fourth and a yard- how many times have we gotten stuffed on a play like that? Oh and a muffed punt to top it off.  Welcome to the Clown Show. 

    PS...  I;ve been hearing rumors should Jimmuh successfully build his Dum-dum Dome in Berea he's going to try and extort us season ticket holders tens of thousands of dollars to re-up our 100 level seats. Shove it Haslam- I've got better things to spend my money on than that shit product you're consistently putting out there on the field.  I may have to even consider not re-upping after yet another disaster of a season. Can't hardly give away tickets in the 100 level this year, even at a 50% discount. 🙁 My take? Fire Dorsey now, and Depodesta at the end of the season. 

    I gave up my season tickets. Had them for 19 years. No way I will EVER give JIMMAH another dime of my money. 
     

    SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Back to Hopkins, he started this season 13 of 16 of field goals.

    He's made 3 of his last 9 FG attempts since.