Skip to content

A 2025 Mock Draft - 1st Round

The Browns Board
92 10 2.7k
  • I really do like Graham, and if he does project as a DTackle unicorn that is excellent vs the run and as a pass rusher, I’d be more than happy to take him at #7 or wherever we end up.

    It’s just that those guys are very rare. Like a Republican politician with a backbone and ethics rare, Flugs. ?

  • What’s your thoughts on the two Aggies edge players @texasag1969? Scourton and Stewart?

  • What’s your thoughts on the two Aggies edge players @texasag1969? Scourton and Stewart?

    @dutch-oven said:

    What’s your thoughts on the two Aggies edge players @texasag1969? Scourton and Stewart?

    I think they will both be good mid and late 1st round picks respectively. Both have opted out of the bowl game due to feedback they are first rounders. For some reason former Aggies Nolan and Overton are higher rated that I would pick either one. Should be interesting.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What’s your thoughts on the two Aggies edge players @texasag1969? Scourton and Stewart?

    I think they will both be good mid and late 1st round picks respectively. Both have opted out of the bowl game due to feedback they are first rounders. For some reason former Aggies Nolan and Overton are higher rated that I would pick either one. Should be interesting.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think they will both be good mid and late 1st round picks respectively. Both have opted out of the bowl game due to feedback they are first rounders. For some reason former Aggies Nolan and Overton are higher rated that I would pick either one. Should be interesting.

    EDIT: I would love to see Scourton on the opposite end of Myles. He's quick and fast with some bend. But nobody bends like Myles. He can learn to get better there from the best in the game.

  • I really do like Graham, and if he does project as a DTackle unicorn that is excellent vs the run and as a pass rusher, I’d be more than happy to take him at #7 or wherever we end up.

    It’s just that those guys are very rare. Like a Republican politician with a backbone and ethics rare, Flugs. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really do like Graham, and if he does project as a DTackle unicorn that is excellent vs the run and as a pass rusher, I’d be more than happy to take him at #7 or wherever we end up.

    It’s just that those guys are very rare. Like a Republican politician with a backbone and ethics rare, Flugs. ?

    FWIW, I'm open to a lot of guys that could be on our door step.  As for that party, Elon Musk already outranks that entire party.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I really do like Graham, and if he does project as a DTackle unicorn that is excellent vs the run and as a pass rusher, I’d be more than happy to take him at #7 or wherever we end up.

    It’s just that those guys are very rare. Like a Republican politician with a backbone and ethics rare, Flugs. ?

    FWIW, I'm open to a lot of guys that could be on our door step.  As for that party, Elon Musk already outranks that entire party.

    @flugel said:

    FWIW, I'm open to a lot of guys that could be on our door step.  As for that party, Elon Musk already outranks that entire party.

    There’s quite a few guys I really like in the first, a lot of the are Big Ten players. We draft too high, but I’d love to get the TE from Penn State or TTUN.

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    He has looked very rough at times when given the time to make things happen that are within his control.  

  • @flugel said:

    FWIW, I'm open to a lot of guys that could be on our door step.  As for that party, Elon Musk already outranks that entire party.

    There’s quite a few guys I really like in the first, a lot of the are Big Ten players. We draft too high, but I’d love to get the TE from Penn State or TTUN.

    @dutch-oven said:

    There’s quite a few guys I really like in the first, a lot of the are Big Ten players. We draft too high, but I’d love to get the TE from Penn State or TTUN.

    Me too!   

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    @flugel said:

    ? As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Yeah, maybe just maybe, we get our "turn of fate" soon.

    Sipe 1974

    Kosar 1986

    We're overdue damnit!!!!

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    On paper, he checks a lot of boxes. He's got the size, he's got the arm, he's got the ability to run when the opportunity presents itself.

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    That being said, he's going back to Penn State and he'll definitely be someone I'll keep an eye on, because he's got a lot of positives. 

  • @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    On paper, he checks a lot of boxes. He's got the size, he's got the arm, he's got the ability to run when the opportunity presents itself.

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    That being said, he's going back to Penn State and he'll definitely be someone I'll keep an eye on, because he's got a lot of positives. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    Yep, a one-read guy it seems.

    I agree though, the tools are there. He could improve with time, or he could be Brandon Weeden.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    @ap1 said:

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

  • @ap1 said:

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

    Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility. 

  • @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    It sure seemed like it.  Could you imagine if he got red-shirted at Oregon?  

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

    @calfoxwc said:

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

    It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St. 

    Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams.