Fire Everybody
-
Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty.
It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.
But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this.
It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.
But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this.
Let me add:
I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.
Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back.
-
It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.
But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this.
Let me add:
I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.
Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back.
Let me add:
I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.
Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back.
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
-
Let me add:
I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.
Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back.
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
I'm assuming that the rumors locally are true - that Berry and Stefanski are safe.
But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people".
-
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
I'm assuming that the rumors locally are true - that Berry and Stefanski are safe.
But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people".
But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people".
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
-
But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people".
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
Agreed. Based on what Parcells once said, "If I'm gonna be doing the cooking; then I ought to be able to buy the groceries." He's taken the Giants and Patriots to Super Bowls and the Jets to an AFC Championship Game and the Cowboys to the playoffs. My guess is he only had to make this comment when he worked for Jerry Jones.
All that to say, I think HC should have input on what his team needs to win games. Many thought DC Jim Schwartz had some input about the Defense when he arrived. Then again, the year before he arrived - somebody else in the FO seemed to be deciding IDL/DT wasn't important while he wanted lighter LBers in the next tier. It felt like everyone the Browns played in 2022 ran all over the Browns D (while all those lighter LBers were getting injured). My guess is the better teams (FO & HC) work together. After all the input has been weighed - the GM makes the final decision. Holding a HC hostage to a GM that doesn't allow any input doesn't promote "our" - it creates a "your/my" animosity instead.
-
But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people".
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
100% and Stefanski deserves the blame for continuing to start #4 when we all knew he was shit.
-
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
100% and Stefanski deserves the blame for continuing to start #4 when we all knew he was shit.
-
-
IMO, the HC shouldn't have to beg anyone for permission to run his offense or defense. (perhaps, the owner...but even then, IMO, he shouldn't have to). The GM should have to get the HC the type of players that he needs.
And I also believe that the HC should not be deciding who to draft (like Butch Davis was allowed to do). Each position, HC & GM, has their own job to do. They should work together as a team, but when push comes to shove, they are in charge of their duties and one should not be in control of the other.
100% and Stefanski deserves the blame for continuing to start #4 when we all knew he was shit.
-
I don’t think it is his call. And that’s the problem
Seems like Haslam wants yes men around him
-
I don’t think it is his call. And that’s the problem
Seems like Haslam wants yes men around him
Seems like Haslam wants yes men around him
Take a step into the executive, management and corporate culture of 2024. Most in those positions want to be surrounded by a bunch of sycophant yes men.
I know men like Haslam well. They occupy high titles across every enterprise in this country and world. The NFL is not excluded from that.
-
Our off-season got an 18 hour jump on the rest of the league. That just means the Browns have 18 extra hours to prep for the Combine and Pro Days, the Draft, OTAs, Training Camp and the start of the season.....(insert evil scientist laugh here).
Our off-season got an 18 hour jump on the rest of the league. That just means the Browns have 18 extra hours to prep for the Combine and Pro Days, the Draft, OTAs, Training Camp and the start of the season.....(insert evil scientist laugh here).
The rest of the NFL won’t know what hit them!
-
Seems like Haslam wants yes men around him
Take a step into the executive, management and corporate culture of 2024. Most in those positions want to be surrounded by a bunch of sycophant yes men.
I know men like Haslam well. They occupy high titles across every enterprise in this country and world. The NFL is not excluded from that.
Take a step into the executive, management and corporate culture of 2024. Most in those positions want to be surrounded by a bunch of sycophant yes men.
I know men like Haslam well. They occupy high titles across every enterprise in this country and world. The NFL is not excluded from that.
J.D. Vance says hello! ?
-
Has anyone been fired yet?
-
Our off-season got an 18 hour jump on the rest of the league. That just means the Browns have 18 extra hours to prep for the Combine and Pro Days, the Draft, OTAs, Training Camp and the start of the season.....(insert evil scientist laugh here).
The rest of the NFL won’t know what hit them!
The rest of the NFL won’t know what hit them!
Hahahahahahahahaha Suck-uz!
-
Our off-season got an 18 hour jump on the rest of the league. That just means the Browns have 18 extra hours to prep for the Combine and Pro Days, the Draft, OTAs, Training Camp and the start of the season.....(insert evil scientist laugh here).
The rest of the NFL won’t know what hit them!
The rest of the NFL won’t know what hit them!
Yep, they will be befuddled by our brilliant draft and trades.
-
Let me add:
I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.
Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back.
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
Changes only to the coaching staff? This FO has decimated this team...
We all agree Depodesta's Moneyball isn'[t working. Keep him around, and you're just going to see more of the same. I said it from the get-go bringing Dorsey in to run the offense was a huge mistake. The Dork-ey offence managed to score over 20 like THREE times the entire season. Bad quarterbacking? In part, but that's another problem for 2025. Just tell Watson to go over to East 9th and practice his fishing skills.
Remains to be seen who's going to get fired for the Watson fiasco, but someone is- for sure. Super Bowl aspirations to yet another top five draft pick Just special. PS I did notice the Browns o-line was getting zero push off the ball against the Ravens. Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't have been able to do much.
My predicting? The Browns starting 2025 quarterback isn't currently on the roster. DTR and Zappe are garbage, Winston the interception machine was on a one year contract, and Watson is an injury prone washed up shell of his Pro Bowl Texans days. Happy New Year guys.
-
Seems like Haslam wants yes men around him
Take a step into the executive, management and corporate culture of 2024. Most in those positions want to be surrounded by a bunch of sycophant yes men.
I know men like Haslam well. They occupy high titles across every enterprise in this country and world. The NFL is not excluded from that.
-
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think Stefanski hopes he's getting fired on Monday?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
( that just shows ya what trash I think we have in the QB room )