Skip to content

Fire Everybody

The Browns Board
75 17 2.1k
  • The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

  • The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

    @usfbrown said:

    The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

    Who are you replacing Stefanski with?

  • @usfbrown said:

    The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

    Who are you replacing Stefanski with?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who are you replacing Stefanski with?

    That's a great point. Who knows?  I did say give him another year. 

    Vrable?  Preferably someone with a backbone.  I don't even know who else is out there. 

    The team wasn't even having moral victories. We're getting blown out. Consistently.

    It's funny people here in Florida talking about canning Bowles depending on the outcome of the Bucs game and you don't hear a peep about Stefanski. 

    I'm just saying I'm not sold on the guy like some here who are clamoring over the '2x coach of the year'. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Who are you replacing Stefanski with?

    That's a great point. Who knows?  I did say give him another year. 

    Vrable?  Preferably someone with a backbone.  I don't even know who else is out there. 

    The team wasn't even having moral victories. We're getting blown out. Consistently.

    It's funny people here in Florida talking about canning Bowles depending on the outcome of the Bucs game and you don't hear a peep about Stefanski. 

    I'm just saying I'm not sold on the guy like some here who are clamoring over the '2x coach of the year'. 

    @usfbrown said:

    That's a great point. Who knows?  I did say give him another year. 

    Vrable?  Preferably someone with a backbone.  I don't even know who else is out there. 

    The team wasn't even having moral victories. We're getting blown out. Consistently.

    It's funny people here in Florida talking about canning Bowles depending on the outcome of the Bucs game and you don't hear a peep about Stefanski. 

    I'm just saying I'm not sold on the guy like some here who are clamoring over the '2x coach of the year'. 

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up. 

  • @usfbrown said:

    That's a great point. Who knows?  I did say give him another year. 

    Vrable?  Preferably someone with a backbone.  I don't even know who else is out there. 

    The team wasn't even having moral victories. We're getting blown out. Consistently.

    It's funny people here in Florida talking about canning Bowles depending on the outcome of the Bucs game and you don't hear a peep about Stefanski. 

    I'm just saying I'm not sold on the guy like some here who are clamoring over the '2x coach of the year'. 

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up. 

    Rumor has it he wants Josh McDaniel{s) to be his OC.  Josh is a Matt Nagy equivalent.  Either can work fine with Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes under the Supervision of Andy Reid or Bill Belichick.  Outside of that - they may want to try high school or maybe one of the levels of college football.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up. 

    Rumor has it he wants Josh McDaniel{s) to be his OC.  Josh is a Matt Nagy equivalent.  Either can work fine with Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes under the Supervision of Andy Reid or Bill Belichick.  Outside of that - they may want to try high school or maybe one of the levels of college football.

    @flugel said:

    Rumor has it he wants Josh McDaniel{s) to be his OC.  Josh is a Matt Nagy equivalent.  Either can work fine with Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes under the Supervision of Andy Reid or Bill Belichick.  Outside of that - they may want to try high school or maybe one of the levels of college football.

    FWIW, I used to like the idea of Vrabel.

  • A AP1

    @vaportrail said:

    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think Stefanski hopes he's getting fired on Monday?

    If there was belief Stefanski was getting fired, he'd be the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. Vrabel currently is the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. So the Browns currently have the two hottest HC candidates in the league.

    Coaching Openings

    Chicago

    New Orleans 

    NY Jets

    Coaching Hot Seats

    Dallas

    Jacksonville 

    Las Vegas

    Coaching Warm Seats 

    New England 

    NY Giants 

    Stefanski is probably agnostic on the Browns job. Any of the above franchises would hire him in a second.

    @ap1 said:

    If there was belief Stefanski was getting fired, he'd be the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. Vrabel currently is the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. So the Browns currently have the two hottest HC candidates in the league.

    Coaching Openings

    Chicago

    New Orleans 

    NY Jets

    Coaching Hot Seats

    Dallas

    Jacksonville 

    Las Vegas

    Coaching Warm Seats 

    New England 

    NY Giants 

    Stefanski is probably agnostic on the Browns job. Any of the above franchises would hire him in a second.

    I'm not asking how likely he is to get fired - i know he'd get scooped up immediately. I'm asking how much he hopes he gets fired. He looks like he's tired of working for Haslam.

  • The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

    @usfbrown said:

    The 2x coach of the Year excuse is just lame. 2x coach of the year is a below 500 coach that had a pretty good roster. 2x coach of the year has his team in the tops of penalties every year. 2x coach of the year had clock management issues. 2x coach of year went from a playoff team to possible #1 pick. 2x coach of the year players openly chastised their fan base. 

    Give 2x coach of the year 1 more year to stop being a beta and tell Haslam what he needs to hear rather than what he wants to hear. 

    I'd love to see what Stefanski could do with Jax, Giants, or Jets roster.  My guess is worse results then the more talented Browns team he has this year. 

    Maybe it is lame, but if Stefanski was relieved today he'd have interview an Monday and would be hired by Thursday.

    I'd love to have Vrabel. I don't think Vrabel would want the job or the chain of command. Much like Kyle Shanahan, he might vow to never come back.

    Who wants to come to be surrounded by poor decision makers? Who wants to know if the GM is in charge of personnel decisions or the Analytics Guy? The Haslams are inept. They have a proven track record or not being able to make solid decisions. The rest of the league knows.

    Who wants to coach an organization that has had 40 different starting QBs, burned through 12 Head Coaches and had 10 GMs in the last 25 years?

    What coach wants to come to an organization that will force change on the coaching staff? That will force a coach to play a certain QB?

    If it's not the reality, it's certainly the perception.

    I'll defer to the math wizards in the room, but at some point, we're defying statistical odds of being so inept for so long.

    Jimmy Haslam wants a yes man. He doesn't want someone like Dan Campbell, Mike Vrabel, Gregg Williams or anyone that will push back. His last carrot to dangle is a new stadium. That's the best he has to offer, if he is not willing to make changes.

    Do away with MoneyBall. Get football people in the right spots to make football decisions. 

  • @ap1 said:

    If there was belief Stefanski was getting fired, he'd be the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. Vrabel currently is the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. So the Browns currently have the two hottest HC candidates in the league.

    Coaching Openings

    Chicago

    New Orleans 

    NY Jets

    Coaching Hot Seats

    Dallas

    Jacksonville 

    Las Vegas

    Coaching Warm Seats 

    New England 

    NY Giants 

    Stefanski is probably agnostic on the Browns job. Any of the above franchises would hire him in a second.

    I'm not asking how likely he is to get fired - i know he'd get scooped up immediately. I'm asking how much he hopes he gets fired. He looks like he's tired of working for Haslam.

    @vaportrail said:

    I'm not asking how likely he is to get fired - i know he'd get scooped up immediately. I'm asking how much he hopes he gets fired. He looks like he's tired of working for Haslam.

    Could be. As I said, he's agnostic. I'm not sure he's cares. 

  • @usfbrown said:

    That's a great point. Who knows?  I did say give him another year. 

    Vrable?  Preferably someone with a backbone.  I don't even know who else is out there. 

    The team wasn't even having moral victories. We're getting blown out. Consistently.

    It's funny people here in Florida talking about canning Bowles depending on the outcome of the Bucs game and you don't hear a peep about Stefanski. 

    I'm just saying I'm not sold on the guy like some here who are clamoring over the '2x coach of the year'. 

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up

    mayo is not going anywhere, he doesnt work for the browns

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't hate the idea of Vrabel being the Browns head coach, but I wonder if he might have the Patriots gig all but wrapped up

    mayo is not going anywhere, he doesnt work for the browns

    @syd said:

    mayo is not going anywhere, he doesnt work for the browns

    Mayo just fired

  • @syd said:

    mayo is not going anywhere, he doesnt work for the browns

    Mayo just fired

    @usfbrown said:

    Mayo just fired

    Really ?  that kinda shocks the hell out of me

  • sydS syd

    @usfbrown said:

    Mayo just fired

    Really ?  that kinda shocks the hell out of me

    @syd said:

    Really ?  that kinda shocks the hell out of me

    Same.  Maybe they want Vrabel?  

  • @syd said:

    Really ?  that kinda shocks the hell out of me

    Same.  Maybe they want Vrabel?  

    @usfbrown said:

    Same.  Maybe they want Vrabel?  

    Like maybe the Pats want Vrabel? Done deal IMHO. 

  • @ap1 said:

    If there was belief Stefanski was getting fired, he'd be the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. Vrabel currently is the hottest head coaching candidate of 2025. So the Browns currently have the two hottest HC candidates in the league.

    Coaching Openings

    Chicago

    New Orleans 

    NY Jets

    Coaching Hot Seats

    Dallas

    Jacksonville 

    Las Vegas

    Coaching Warm Seats 

    New England 

    NY Giants 

    Stefanski is probably agnostic on the Browns job. Any of the above franchises would hire him in a second.

    I'm not asking how likely he is to get fired - i know he'd get scooped up immediately. I'm asking how much he hopes he gets fired. He looks like he's tired of working for Haslam.

    @vaportrail said:

    I'm not asking how likely he is to get fired - i know he'd get scooped up immediately. I'm asking how much he hopes he gets fired. He looks like he's tired of working for Haslam.

    That's a very realistic way of looking at it and you could be right.  Aside from that, Haslam seems to have this enormous trust in Depodesta running things like a control freak to the extent an OC like Van Pelt couldn't call his own plays here.  Seems to me scoring 48 points in a playoff game at Pittsburgh showed what he was capable WHEN given the opportunity to call the plays.  How many other times has Cleveland beaten Pittsburgh in the post season?

  • jon gruden ?