Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Fire Everybody

Fire Everybody

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
75 Posts 17 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe

    Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 23k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @kvoethe said:

    Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

    Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #22

      https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1122729979210086&set=a.276359257180500

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #23

        if only the Browns had a locker room like this:

        https://www.facebook.com/reel/907396188247514

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • big red one big red oneB Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 110 Posts
          • 35 Reputation
          big red oneB big red one wrote on last edited by
          #24

          cleveland citizens have to back whatever bonding bill needed for the move to Brook Park

          cmon man you can still smell the stink of urine emanating from the grounds of  old municipal stadium

          in that comeback stadium of 1999

          just like the tar smell on the beaches of Lake Erie on a hot summer day....

          I quit smoking 20 years ago, my sense of smell is pretty acute

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • big red one big red oneB Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 110 Posts
            • 35 Reputation
            big red oneB big red one wrote on last edited by
            #25

            plus maybe one day we can get a guy like Baker Mayfield to play for us? 

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Bob806B Bob806

              @texasag1969 said:

              You mean the team that just beat our favorite troll's team.?

              Yeah lol.

              I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

              Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

              IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

              Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @bob806 said:

              Yeah lol.

              I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

              Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

              IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

              The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

              it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

              "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
              Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • T TexasAg1969

                @kvoethe said:

                Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

                When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

                Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

                Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 15k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                #27

                @texasag1969 said:

                Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

                Mike Evans has earned every dollar he's ever earned carrying mediocre fun-sized frat boy QBs his whole college and pro career. 

                Definitely going to end up in Canton. 

                1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • Browns149B Browns149

                  @bob806 said:

                  Yeah lol.

                  I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

                  Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

                  IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

                  The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

                  it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

                  Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 15k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @browns149 said:

                  The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

                  it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

                  Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

                  When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

                  Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                    @browns149 said:

                    The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

                    it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

                    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

                    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

                    Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 10k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    @dutch-oven said:

                    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

                    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

                    The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

                    "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                    Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • Browns149B Browns149

                      @dutch-oven said:

                      Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

                      When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

                      The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

                      Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      @browns149 said:

                      The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

                      I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

                      Karlis Missed
                      Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Bob806B Bob806

                        @browns149 said:

                        The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

                        I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

                        Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 15k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        @bob806 said:

                        I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

                        Allegedly Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt came up with the name because of his kid's "Super Ball". 

                        It's kind of a goofy name for a championship game if you think about it. 

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 15k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
                          #32

                          Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

                          One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

                          Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

                          I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

                          USFBrownU 1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                            Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

                            One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

                            Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

                            I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

                            USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 270 Reputation
                            USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                            #33

                            @dutch-oven said:

                            Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

                            One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

                            Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

                            I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

                            Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

                            Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • USFBrownU USFBrown

                              @dutch-oven said:

                              Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

                              One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

                              Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

                              I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

                              Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

                              Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 15k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              @usfbrown said:

                              Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

                              It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                              But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                              T Dutch OvenD 2 Replies Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                @usfbrown said:

                                Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

                                It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                                But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                @dutch-oven said:

                                It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                                But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                                Ah, but this is the Charlie Browns where Lucy always has the last word in the Factory of Sadness.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                  @bob806 said:

                                  I didn't realize that.

                                  I'm not keen on a dome, but understand the reasons why people like it. I'd prefer it to be downtown. 

                                  Hopefully all this legal-mumbo-jumbo gets resolved.

                                  I'm a downtown/open air guy too. The idea of the Browns playing on Field Turf inside kills me. 

                                  But open air football stadiums in the north is a pretty stupid financial idea. 

                                  Plus, the regular season just goes on forever, and a 18th game is coming. Frostbite Bowls suck.

                                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 20k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @dutch-oven said:

                                  I'm a downtown/open air guy too. The idea of the Browns playing on Field Turf inside kills me. 

                                  But open air football stadiums in the north is a pretty stupid financial idea. 

                                  Plus, the regular season just goes on forever, and a 18th game is coming. Frostbite Bowls suck.

                                  Open air apparently doesn't seem to be a problem in Buffalo, Kansas City, or New England. Weather never seems to be a problem in Green Bay either. Let's dome Lambeau... ? 

                                  Jimmuh has a bad case of "dome-itis".  Thinking he can turn his vacant lot into an imitation of Bob Kraft's "Patriot Place". (Been there, seen that) Lotsa luck. Um boy multi level parking- a nice touch for getting nonmoving after a game. At probably $75 bucks to park your car. hoo hah- bye bye tailgating. 

                                  FWIW, Cuyahoga County already told Has-been.. "We don't have your f**king $!.2 Billion, not anywhere close. MHO...   If you think your future vision is SO GREAT... Well- pay for it yourself Jimmy, your uber wealthy fellow owner pal Kroenke shelled out around $4 billion out of his own money to build SoFy in LA.   

                                  Well, this can't happen until 2028, so maybe like mjp- I'll be dead, so I don't have to put up with inept ownership anymore.  ?

                                  FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • hoortaH hoorta

                                    @dutch-oven said:

                                    I'm a downtown/open air guy too. The idea of the Browns playing on Field Turf inside kills me. 

                                    But open air football stadiums in the north is a pretty stupid financial idea. 

                                    Plus, the regular season just goes on forever, and a 18th game is coming. Frostbite Bowls suck.

                                    Open air apparently doesn't seem to be a problem in Buffalo, Kansas City, or New England. Weather never seems to be a problem in Green Bay either. Let's dome Lambeau... ? 

                                    Jimmuh has a bad case of "dome-itis".  Thinking he can turn his vacant lot into an imitation of Bob Kraft's "Patriot Place". (Been there, seen that) Lotsa luck. Um boy multi level parking- a nice touch for getting nonmoving after a game. At probably $75 bucks to park your car. hoo hah- bye bye tailgating. 

                                    FWIW, Cuyahoga County already told Has-been.. "We don't have your f**king $!.2 Billion, not anywhere close. MHO...   If you think your future vision is SO GREAT... Well- pay for it yourself Jimmy, your uber wealthy fellow owner pal Kroenke shelled out around $4 billion out of his own money to build SoFy in LA.   

                                    Well, this can't happen until 2028, so maybe like mjp- I'll be dead, so I don't have to put up with inept ownership anymore.  ?

                                    Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 11k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                    #37

                                    @hoorta said:

                                    Open air apparently doesn't seem to be a problem in Buffalo, Kansas City, or New England. Weather never seems to be a problem in Green Bay either. Let's dome Lambeau... ? 

                                    Jimmuh has a bad case of "dome-itis".  Thinking he can turn his vacant lot into an imitation of Bob Kraft's "Patriot Place". (Been there, seen that) Lotsa luck. Um boy multi level parking- a nice touch for getting nonmoving after a game. At probably $75 bucks to park your car. hoo hah- bye bye tailgating. 

                                    FWIW, Cuyahoga County already told Has-been.. "We don't have your f**king $!.2 Billion, not anywhere close. MHO...   If you think your future vision is SO GREAT... Well- pay for it yourself Jimmy, your uber wealthy fellow owner pal Kroenke shelled out around $4 billion out of his own money to build SoFy in LA.   

                                    Well, this can't happen until 2028, so maybe like mjp- I'll be dead, so I don't have to put up with inept ownership anymore.  ?

                                    ? This is you being done with thinking about this team to the extent you're posting shortly after midnight again?  You ain't going anywhere; but it's healthy to vent your frustration and pretend you're a Detroit Lions fan while you're at it I suppose...  Gipper would want me to remind you that you're too old for a football heart transplant.  

                                    In sticking with the outrageousness of being a lifetime Cleveland Browns fan where I inexplicably/suddenly have to root for the Ravens to beat the Browns today?  Keep in mind, when it comes to getting the right QB or LT for this FO - I'm walking in the shoes of Julius Caesar counting on Brutus and Cassius to have my back... 

                                    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                      @usfbrown said:

                                      Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

                                      It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                                      But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                                      Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 15k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                      #38

                                      @dutch-oven said:

                                      It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                                      But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                                      Let me add:

                                      I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.

                                      Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back. 

                                      FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                        @dutch-oven said:

                                        It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

                                        But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

                                        Let me add:

                                        I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.

                                        Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back. 

                                        Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 11k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        @dutch-oven said:

                                        Let me add:

                                        I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.

                                        Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back. 

                                        Changes only to the coaching staff?  This FO has decimated this team...

                                        I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                        Dutch OvenD hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • FlugelF Flugel

                                          @dutch-oven said:

                                          Let me add:

                                          I do think that massive changes will happen to the offensive coaching staff. All the changes to the staff after they went 11-6 and produced points despite five different starting QBs just to try and morph the offense into something Watson could thrive in needs scrapped. Also, since Mike Vrabel apparently had to take over coaching the OLine because the guy who replaced Callahan wasn't cutting it, well, he gone too.

                                          Alex Van Pelt is the OC of the Pats, right? Well Mayo might get the axe after one season, so maybe AVP will be available again. Bring him back. 

                                          Changes only to the coaching staff?  This FO has decimated this team...

                                          Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 15k Posts
                                          • 8k Reputation
                                          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @flugel said:

                                          Changes only to the coaching staff?  This FO has decimated this team...

                                          I'm assuming that the rumors locally are true - that Berry and Stefanski are safe. 

                                          But I think Stefanski should be able to go to Berry and say: "These changes that I was forced to do last off-season didn't work, let me run my offense with my people". 

                                          OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate