Skip to content

The First Two Picks of the Draft...

The Browns Board
34 12 883
  • @bob806 said:

    I am firmly in the "rebuild the trenches" belief. 

    Let me say that I agree 100%.  We've gotta get the OLine fixed!!!  But we are picking #2 in the draft.  That better not happen again for a long time.  If Ward falls to us, I want him.  Then we can build trenches, towers, dams, whatever.

    @orion said:

    Let me say that I agree 100%.  We've gotta get the OLine fixed!!!  But we are picking #2 in the draft.  That better not happen again for a long time.  If Ward falls to us, I want him.  Then we can build trenches, towers, dams, whatever.

    What attributes do you like about Cam Ward that makes you think he's worth the #2 overall pick? 

  • @bob806 said:

    7 years later, yikes it's 2015/16 again.

    A way bit hyperbolic. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    A way bit hyperbolic. 

    1-15

    0-16

    3-14

    It's close. Last in the league in points scored. 

    I want to be optimistic, but I don't see a big turnaround in 2025. I'd be happy to be wrong.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    A way bit hyperbolic. 

    1-15

    0-16

    3-14

    It's close. Last in the league in points scored. 

    I want to be optimistic, but I don't see a big turnaround in 2025. I'd be happy to be wrong.

    @bob806 said:

    1-15

    0-16

    3-14

    It's close. Last in the league in points scored. 

    I want to be optimistic, but I don't see a big turnaround in 2025. I'd be happy to be wrong.

    You don't have Hue Jackson and a complete dearth of skill positions. 

  • I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2

  • I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2

    ...and I agree with them.  If you don't believe in the QB that's there, then trade out.  And they all said, If you believe in the QB then it's a no brainer, you pick the QB.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2

    ...and I agree with them.  If you don't believe in the QB that's there, then trade out.  And they all said, If you believe in the QB then it's a no brainer, you pick the QB.

    @orion said:

    ...and I agree with them.  If you don't believe in the QB that's there, then trade out.  And they all said, If you believe in the QB then it's a no brainer, you pick the QB.

    Absolutely.

    And as of right now, for different reasons, I don't feel Sanders or Ward is worth the #2 pick. 

    I would love to trade down with the Giants, Raiders or Jets. 

  • @orion said:

    ...and I agree with them.  If you don't believe in the QB that's there, then trade out.  And they all said, If you believe in the QB then it's a no brainer, you pick the QB.

    Absolutely.

    And as of right now, for different reasons, I don't feel Sanders or Ward is worth the #2 pick. 

    I would love to trade down with the Giants, Raiders or Jets. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would love to trade down with the Giants, Raiders or Jets. 

    And if you DO find a trade partner, then you've found someone that DOES feel the QB is worth the #2 pick...and more, because it's gonna COST them to get up to #2.  And that means one of two teams is wrong.  And because one of those teams is us...I feel like I'm at the supermarket trying to decide which lane will move faster.  Whichever one I choose is always wrong.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I would love to trade down with the Giants, Raiders or Jets. 

    And if you DO find a trade partner, then you've found someone that DOES feel the QB is worth the #2 pick...and more, because it's gonna COST them to get up to #2.  And that means one of two teams is wrong.  And because one of those teams is us...I feel like I'm at the supermarket trying to decide which lane will move faster.  Whichever one I choose is always wrong.  

    @orion said:

    And if you DO find a trade partner, then you've found someone that DOES feel the QB is worth the #2 pick...and more, because it's gonna COST them to get up to #2.  And that means one of two teams is wrong.  And because one of those teams is us...I feel like I'm at the supermarket trying to decide which lane will move faster.  Whichever one I choose is always wrong.  

    Ah, I think you should apply for Depo's job. Perfect fit to continue along the same paths as before.?

  • @orion said:

    And if you DO find a trade partner, then you've found someone that DOES feel the QB is worth the #2 pick...and more, because it's gonna COST them to get up to #2.  And that means one of two teams is wrong.  And because one of those teams is us...I feel like I'm at the supermarket trying to decide which lane will move faster.  Whichever one I choose is always wrong.  

    Ah, I think you should apply for Depo's job. Perfect fit to continue along the same paths as before.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think you should apply for Depo's job. Perfect fit

    Nah, I would want the analytics play-calling book tossed into the trash.  Don't be going for it on 4th down all the time.  Take the FG whenever it presents itself.  Put points on the board any ol' way you can.   Problem is, our Kicker has turned to mush.  I guess we should trade back from #2 and draft a Kicker!  🙂 

  • Trade down and build the trenches. QB in this class would be just another to add to the never ending t-shirt of failures.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Trade down and build the trenches. QB in this class would be just another to add to the never ending t-shirt of failures.

    I 100% agree no to any of the top QB this year, maybe a flyer on a 5th or 6th rounder

  • I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really, REALLY enjoy this show, and they really had some good thoughts on what the Browns should do and how they should attack the Draft sitting at #2


    great video. 
     

    Im in the trade down camp. Deion can either help us or hurt us they pointed out.  
     

    If Multiple teams are involved we will get a first round pick next year. 

    Giants #3, 1st Next Year, 3rd this year.  We take Carter.

    Raiders #6, 1st next year, 2 this year, 3rd next year.  Probably have Banks available.

    and I don’t think Sanders keeps either team out of the Top next year.  So you have two top ten picks next year enough bullets to get your QB in 2026

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Trade down and build the trenches. QB in this class would be just another to add to the never ending t-shirt of failures.

    I 100% agree no to any of the top QB this year, maybe a flyer on a 5th or 6th rounder

    @jjmac28 said:

    I 100% agree no to any of the top QB this year, maybe a flyer on a 5th or 6th rounder

    You mean like a DTR or something.  And that wouldn't be seen as a borderline wasted pick?  Way down there in the draft you're looking for position backups and special teamers for the most part.

  • Can’t keep trotting out every Sunday with no QB worth anything. 

    Jayden Daniels had his detractors, Bo Nix certainly did. They’ve turned out okay. 

    The Browns will have to take a shot on Ward or Sanders whoever is there at #2 I don’t see them doing anything else. This is Berry and Stefanski’s last shot they’re not going to draft linemen, they have to find a QB that keeps them in a job. 
     

  • Can’t keep trotting out every Sunday with no QB worth anything. 

    Jayden Daniels had his detractors, Bo Nix certainly did. They’ve turned out okay. 

    The Browns will have to take a shot on Ward or Sanders whoever is there at #2 I don’t see them doing anything else. This is Berry and Stefanski’s last shot they’re not going to draft linemen, they have to find a QB that keeps them in a job. 
     

    @londonbrown said:

    Can’t keep trotting out every Sunday with no QB worth anything. 

    Jayden Daniels had his detractors, Bo Nix certainly did. They’ve turned out okay. 

    The Browns will have to take a shot on Ward or Sanders whoever is there at #2 I don’t see them doing anything else. This is Berry and Stefanski’s last shot they’re not going to draft linemen, they have to find a QB that keeps them in a job. 
     

    Which is a reason I kind of didn't want them back. Specifically Berry.

    This team needs rebuilt. I'm not talking a complete to the studs tear-down, not another 1-31 stretch, but this is the second oldest team with a huge payroll. They lost six 1st and 2nd day picks the last three drafts.

    But the guys in charge are fighting for their jobs - so they might make decisions that long-term aren't the best for the Browns in a Hail Mary attempt to stay employed beyond next season. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Can’t keep trotting out every Sunday with no QB worth anything. 

    Jayden Daniels had his detractors, Bo Nix certainly did. They’ve turned out okay. 

    The Browns will have to take a shot on Ward or Sanders whoever is there at #2 I don’t see them doing anything else. This is Berry and Stefanski’s last shot they’re not going to draft linemen, they have to find a QB that keeps them in a job. 
     

    Which is a reason I kind of didn't want them back. Specifically Berry.

    This team needs rebuilt. I'm not talking a complete to the studs tear-down, not another 1-31 stretch, but this is the second oldest team with a huge payroll. They lost six 1st and 2nd day picks the last three drafts.

    But the guys in charge are fighting for their jobs - so they might make decisions that long-term aren't the best for the Browns in a Hail Mary attempt to stay employed beyond next season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Which is a reason I kind of didn't want them back. Specifically Berry.

    If you bring in new people they are 100% going to want their own shiny new QB.  (well, 100% is kinda' high...more like 99.999 %)  🙂 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Which is a reason I kind of didn't want them back. Specifically Berry.

    If you bring in new people they are 100% going to want their own shiny new QB.  (well, 100% is kinda' high...more like 99.999 %)  🙂 

    @orion said:

    If you bring in new people they are 100% going to want their own shiny new QB.  (well, 100% is kinda' high...more like 99.999 %)  🙂 

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

  • @orion said:

    If you bring in new people they are 100% going to want their own shiny new QB.  (well, 100% is kinda' high...more like 99.999 %)  🙂 

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    Thats where I am at really because the potential reward outweighs the risk.

    To hit on a stud OT or DE at that pick means nothing without a QB. The draft is very hard to predict anyway so I’d take the risk on the QB 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    Thats where I am at really because the potential reward outweighs the risk.

    To hit on a stud OT or DE at that pick means nothing without a QB. The draft is very hard to predict anyway so I’d take the risk on the QB 

    @londonbrown said:

    Thats where I am at really because the potential reward outweighs the risk.

    To hit on a stud OT or DE at that pick means nothing without a QB. The draft is very hard to predict anyway so I’d take the risk on the QB 

    I cannot wrap my head around this thinking. 

    I don't understand passing on a higher rated position player for a roll of the dice on a QB who most scouts will probably rank in the #20-40 overall player range. And then, to compound the questionable reach (and so there is no confusion, I don't hate Cam Ward's game) you know he'll be thrown out on the field immediately.

    But I could totally see the Browns doing this. 

  • @orion said:

    If you bring in new people they are 100% going to want their own shiny new QB.  (well, 100% is kinda' high...more like 99.999 %)  🙂 

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    Because he's the best QB in the draft.  I like the way he can sling the ball from just about any ol' position.  Does he step into and through his throws beautifully?  Not right now.  But how many times is a QB not afforded the ability to step through the throw because pressure is coming in front of him?  

    Are the QB's the best talent on the board?  Usually not.  But QB's are graded on a curve because your football team is completely screwed if ya don't have one.  The LT, Edge rusher, CB, whatever is not gonna throw and TD passes for ya.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You still haven't told me why you think Cam Ward is worth the #2 overall pick, besides "Well we have the #2 pick and he's the #2 QB and we may never have the #2 pick again". 

    Thats where I am at really because the potential reward outweighs the risk.

    To hit on a stud OT or DE at that pick means nothing without a QB. The draft is very hard to predict anyway so I’d take the risk on the QB 

    @londonbrown said:

    Thats where I am at really because the potential reward outweighs the risk.

    To hit on a stud OT or DE at that pick means nothing without a QB. The draft is very hard to predict anyway so I’d take the risk on the QB 

    You are understating the risk.  2025 the QB sits, plays some mop up at the end on a below average team. 2026 the QB gets his shot. 

    If you are wrong - you have a QB to pick in 2027 and rinse repeat the cycle above. 

    If Cam Ward is a marginal talent at the next level best case scenario we find a great QB in 2027 or get a guy to develop and be decent by 2028.  But we’ve wasted two premium picks in the process