Skip to content

Browns QB Deshaun Watson could miss 2025 season after suffering setback in recovery from Achilles injury

The Browns Board
33 12 2.0k
  • @ballpeen said:

    This actually fits what i have thought all along.  This will give us the ability the IR the guy and at least not have to use a roster spot to keep him around.  Now all we have to do is get rid of Dorian so we can just move forward.

    Sign a bridge vet.

    Keep Zappe and your 2nd or 3rd team QB.

    Draft a rookie in the 2nd round to be your eventual starter.

    I'd still trade down 4-5 slots to get an additional 2nd rounder plus something, which would allow you get back in to the late 1st round to get the QB

    I'm tired of the "bridge vet" crap. They're either marginal bums (like we saw with Winston) or aged starters wanting to cash in on one last payday- Cousins, Rodgers...  (forget about the Vikings letting Darnold go)

    As other posters opined, Zappe is crappie, and the DTR experiment is an epic FAIL.   

    If you're certain the face of the future is there at #2, you don't mess around, you just take him. There's plenty of other holes that need to be addressed, like who's going to play LT. Wills and Ifedi are as good as gone. RB need to be addressed too, as I get the feeling the Browns aren't all that thrilled at bringing back Nick Chubb this year either. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I'm thinking desperation means a QB at #2 overall and a veteran to come teach him how to be better. That still does not excuse the stupidity of the FO in letting Flacco go after he pulled their nuts out of the fire last year.

    And the FO also had no use for Kareem Hunt's 728 rushing yards and 7 touchdowns.  ? Well, I don't really want to wish Watson bad luck and yet another 2025 season ending surgery. But karma says with the insurance payout- it wouldn't surprise me if the Browns are hoping they can keep Watson on IR all year, and not waste a roster spot on him. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    I'm tired of the "bridge vet" crap. They're either marginal bums (like we saw with Winston) or aged starters wanting to cash in on one last payday- Cousins, Rodgers...  (forget about the Vikings letting Darnold go)

    As other posters opined, Zappe is crappie, and the DTR experiment is an epic FAIL.   

    If you're certain the face of the future is there at #2, you don't mess around, you just take him. There's plenty of other holes that need to be addressed, like who's going to play LT. Wills and Ifedi are as good as gone. RB need to be addressed too, as I get the feeling the Browns aren't all that thrilled at bringing back Nick Chubb this year either. 

    And the FO also had no use for Kareem Hunt's 728 rushing yards and 7 touchdowns.  ? Well, I don't really want to wish Watson bad luck and yet another 2025 season ending surgery. But karma says with the insurance payout- it wouldn't surprise me if the Browns are hoping they can keep Watson on IR all year, and not waste a roster spot on him. 

    If we think that Sanders or Ward are indeed the future...I agree, just draft them.  I don't think they are, but that is just my opinion.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I saw this floating around on social media this afternoon. . .

    IMG_0517.jpeg

  • I saw this floating around on social media this afternoon. . .

    IMG_0517.jpeg

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw this floating around on social media this afternoon. . .

    IMG_0517.jpeg

    His career is over. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I saw this floating around on social media this afternoon. . .

    IMG_0517.jpeg

    His career is over. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #23

    @browns149 said:

    His career is over. 

    Good who fucking cares,Fuck #4,,,so just how did this imbecile roll his freaking ankle ?  leaving a massage therapists house ? what a stupid piece of garbage. I wonder if dirtbag haslem lawyers can kind a way to sue his worthless ass

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I saw this floating around on social media this afternoon. . .

    IMG_0517.jpeg

    His career is over. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @browns149 said:

    His career is over. 

    Highly likley.

    @syd said:

    Good who fucking cares,Fuck #4,,,so just how did this imbecile roll his freaking ankle ?  leaving a massage therapists house ? what a stupid piece of garbage. I wonder if dirtbag haslem lawyers can kind a way to sue his worthless ass

    The Browns do have injury insurance, but DW is done. I did read if he was supposed to be wearing a boot- and wasn't- when he reinjured his stupid self, the Browns may be able to void the rest of his contract. 

    Besides 0-16, we're now in the HOF for the #1 all time bad trade.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I’m guessing that the NFL is NOT going to let the Browns void his contract. They want to punish Jimmuh for doing this crap ass deal. And I don’t blame them

    The only good thing that can happen from this fiasco, is the NFL has the balls to somehow get rid of an incompetent owner, that we are stuck with. 
     

    Otherwise, this is just another chapter of our nightmare 

  • @browns149 said:

    His career is over. 

    Highly likley.

    @syd said:

    Good who fucking cares,Fuck #4,,,so just how did this imbecile roll his freaking ankle ?  leaving a massage therapists house ? what a stupid piece of garbage. I wonder if dirtbag haslem lawyers can kind a way to sue his worthless ass

    The Browns do have injury insurance, but DW is done. I did read if he was supposed to be wearing a boot- and wasn't- when he reinjured his stupid self, the Browns may be able to void the rest of his contract. 

    Besides 0-16, we're now in the HOF for the #1 all time bad trade.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #26

    @hoorta said:

    Highly likley.

    The Browns do have injury insurance, but DW is done. I did read if he was supposed to be wearing a boot- and wasn't- when he reinjured his stupid self, the Browns may be able to void the rest of his contract. 

    Besides 0-16, we're now in the HOF for the #1 all time bad trade.  

    Look out the window. There has to be a beanstalk somewhere.??

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Either Jimmy thinks he has the best FO - or the ONLY reason his FO has tenure is that he's finally realized that he's so bad at hiring a FO that he's railroading himself to stick with it.

    That doesn't really give any of us warm and fuzzy goose bumps heading into what looks to be our most important draft in years.  The only Pro Bowl player this FO drafted is JOK; and there's rumors his career could be done already...

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    VIDEO: Footage Surfaces Exposing Deshaun Watson For Clearly Not Taking His Rehab Seriously Before Re-Tearing His Achilles Just 2 Months After Surgery

    Mac🦬@tha_buffalo
    “……re-tear rate is really low and traditionally they are put in a walking boot for 3 months….it would be very hard to roll your ankle if you’re in a walking boot”

    This video was taken 62 days after his surgery

    NO CHANCE Deshaun Watson took his rehab seriously
    #Browns Show more
    Jesse Morse, M.D.@DrJesseMorseDeshaun Watson - UPDATE He RETORE his Achilles‼️ Likely career-ending. This is quite rare and I discuss here how he was likely careless and that’s probably how it happened.
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

  • I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    We can only hope. But unless he’s costing them money or being a perv, they probably won’t. 

  • I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    It's not like the Haslams got convicted of 34 felonies... 

  • VIDEO: Footage Surfaces Exposing Deshaun Watson For Clearly Not Taking His Rehab Seriously Before Re-Tearing His Achilles Just 2 Months After Surgery

    Mac🦬@tha_buffalo
    “……re-tear rate is really low and traditionally they are put in a walking boot for 3 months….it would be very hard to roll your ankle if you’re in a walking boot”

    This video was taken 62 days after his surgery

    NO CHANCE Deshaun Watson took his rehab seriously
    #Browns Show more
    Jesse Morse, M.D.@DrJesseMorseDeshaun Watson - UPDATE He RETORE his Achilles‼️ Likely career-ending. This is quite rare and I discuss here how he was likely careless and that’s probably how it happened.
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @vambo said:

    VIDEO: Footage Surfaces Exposing Deshaun Watson For Clearly Not Taking His Rehab Seriously Before Re-Tearing His Achilles Just 2 Months After Surgery

    I've worn one of those a few times - there is no freaking way - he had to have taken it off for that to happen.

  • I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hope the NFL forces the filthy haslams to seel the Browns.

    Not filthy, just incompetent and clueless as to what would best serve your fan base.  Until Jimmuh manages to get de-hypnotized that spell Depodesta has over him- nothing is ever going to change.  

    History has repeated itself via Haslam wanting to "make a splash". First we had Johnny Party Boy Manziel drink himself out of the league, That was bad enough- only cost us a wasted first round pick. Watson cost us three, and $230 million of wasted guaranteed money.  Anyone who still believes Haslam didn't green light those deals is fooling themselves.  

    Though the Browns probably have every right to try and void the rest of Watson's contract, doubtless the NFLPA  would take a dim view of that.