Skip to content

What a Surprise! Jerry Jones is Interested in Deion Sanders for his HC Vacancy

The Browns Board
36 9 1.1k 1
  • @bob806 said:

    ...and somehow, they never got near the scrutiny for picking Trey Lance that they deserved. 

    They got lucky that Purdy bailed them out.

    The only reason John Lynch still is the GM is because he hit on the lottery ticket that is Brock Purdy...

    There's some thought though that Purdy's shine is starting to come off, but still, that's a helluva pick. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    The only reason John Lynch still is the GM is because he hit on the lottery ticket that is Brock Purdy...

    There's some thought though that Purdy's shine is starting to come off, but still, that's a helluva pick. 

    Understanding Lynch was hired on January 29th 2017 (another source has it as February 2017) - here's some other reasons he's still there: TE George Kittle rd 5 2017, WR Deebo Samuel rd 2 2019, DE Nick Bosa rd 1 2019, LB Dre Greenlau rd 5 2019, LB Fred Warner rd 3 2018, LG Aaron Banks rd 2 2021, RG Colton McKivitz rd 5 2020 (who re-joined SF as a FA 1 year later). That's without even looking at who the former SS drafted for their secondary because I don't know who their starters are...

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #27

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    The Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as head coach. We can rule out the Cowboys trading up for Shedeur.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43552501/cowboys-hire-coordinator-brian-schottenheimer-head-coach

  • The Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as head coach. We can rule out the Cowboys trading up for Shedeur.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43552501/cowboys-hire-coordinator-brian-schottenheimer-head-coach

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    We can rule out the Cowboys trading up for Shedeur.

    Do we know that for sure?  Will he not want his own shiny, new QB?  

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    We can rule out the Cowboys trading up for Shedeur.

    Do we know that for sure?  Will he not want his own shiny, new QB?  

    BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @orion said:

    Do we know that for sure?  Will he not want his own shiny, new QB?  

    If the Cowboys had signed Deion, there's no doubt drafting his son was a part of the deal. From the #12 spot, the Cowboys would have to give up a king's ransom to move up to #2. I see them sticking with Dak.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Now thinking about it, Deion as head coach of the Cowboys never really made any sense.

    Jerry Jones needs to be the face of the Cowboys. Ask Jimmy Johnson. 

  • Now thinking about it, Deion as head coach of the Cowboys never really made any sense.

    Jerry Jones needs to be the face of the Cowboys. Ask Jimmy Johnson. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    Now thinking about it, Deion as head coach of the Cowboys never really made any sense.

    Jerry Jones needs to be the face of the Cowboys. Ask Jimmy Johnson. 

    For now, Permian High School can also rest easy that Billy Bob Thornton won't be leaving their football program anytime soon either.  Next time I watch that movie they're gonna be favored by 3 points...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Now thinking about it, Deion as head coach of the Cowboys never really made any sense.

    Jerry Jones needs to be the face of the Cowboys. Ask Jimmy Johnson. 

    For now, Permian High School can also rest easy that Billy Bob Thornton won't be leaving their football program anytime soon either.  Next time I watch that movie they're gonna be favored by 3 points...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @flugel said:

    For now, Permian High School can also rest easy that Billy Bob Thornton won't be leaving their football program anytime soon either.  Next time I watch that movie they're gonna be favored by 3 points...

    'Friday Night Lights' is a fantastic book (now that you brought it up it has dawned on me that I let someone borrow it years ago and its been years since I've had any contact with her, so that book is gone like a fart in the wind. I guess I'll have to get another copy... anyways...) that I was so excited to see being made into a movie. Went and saw it in the theater and honestly was a little underwhelmed. I'll have to give it another shot.

    There's a really good ESPN doc (30 for 30 probably?) regarding the team Permian loses to in the state title game - Carter. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

  • @flugel said:

    For now, Permian High School can also rest easy that Billy Bob Thornton won't be leaving their football program anytime soon either.  Next time I watch that movie they're gonna be favored by 3 points...

    'Friday Night Lights' is a fantastic book (now that you brought it up it has dawned on me that I let someone borrow it years ago and its been years since I've had any contact with her, so that book is gone like a fart in the wind. I guess I'll have to get another copy... anyways...) that I was so excited to see being made into a movie. Went and saw it in the theater and honestly was a little underwhelmed. I'll have to give it another shot.

    There's a really good ESPN doc (30 for 30 probably?) regarding the team Permian loses to in the state title game - Carter. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    'Friday Night Lights' is a fantastic book (now that you brought it up it has dawned on me that I let someone borrow it years ago and its been years since I've had any contact with her, so that book is gone like a fart in the wind. I guess I'll have to get another copy... anyways...) that I was so excited to see being made into a movie. Went and saw it in the theater and honestly was a little underwhelmed. I'll have to give it another shot.

    There's a really good ESPN doc (30 for 30 probably?) regarding the team Permian loses to in the state title game - Carter. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

    Yeah, as much as Billy Bob Thornton is a great actor (ie; Sling Blade, The Judge & Landman Series) - he's not exactly the best guy to play a football coach in a state where people live and breathe high school football.

    That 30 for 30 for the Carter High School football program sounds interesting. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    'Friday Night Lights' is a fantastic book (now that you brought it up it has dawned on me that I let someone borrow it years ago and its been years since I've had any contact with her, so that book is gone like a fart in the wind. I guess I'll have to get another copy... anyways...) that I was so excited to see being made into a movie. Went and saw it in the theater and honestly was a little underwhelmed. I'll have to give it another shot.

    There's a really good ESPN doc (30 for 30 probably?) regarding the team Permian loses to in the state title game - Carter. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

    Yeah, as much as Billy Bob Thornton is a great actor (ie; Sling Blade, The Judge & Landman Series) - he's not exactly the best guy to play a football coach in a state where people live and breathe high school football.

    That 30 for 30 for the Carter High School football program sounds interesting. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #35

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, as much as Billy Bob Thornton is a great actor (ie; Sling Blade, The Judge & Landman Series) - he's not exactly the best guy to play a football coach in a state where people live and breathe high school football.

    That 30 for 30 for the Carter High School football program sounds interesting. 

    The movie came out during the era of "gritty camera work" where everything was herky jerky and "realistic" and it actually would make me feel like I'd get motion sickness watching it. BBT is a fantastic actor, loved him in 'Monsters Ball' too. 

    Definitely check out the Carter doc. 

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, as much as Billy Bob Thornton is a great actor (ie; Sling Blade, The Judge & Landman Series) - he's not exactly the best guy to play a football coach in a state where people live and breathe high school football.

    That 30 for 30 for the Carter High School football program sounds interesting. 

    The movie came out during the era of "gritty camera work" where everything was herky jerky and "realistic" and it actually would make me feel like I'd get motion sickness watching it. BBT is a fantastic actor, loved him in 'Monsters Ball' too. 

    Definitely check out the Carter doc. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #36

    @dutch-oven said:

    The movie came out during the era of "gritty camera work" where everything was herky jerky and "realistic" and it actually would make me feel like I'd get motion sickness watching it. BBT is a fantastic actor, loved him in 'Monsters Ball' too. 

    Definitely check out the Carter doc. 

    My only knock on my favorite movie was what you described.  The quick cut fight sequences that don't flow, too choppy, and are poorly edited. The "gritty" Bourne Identity-esque type.    It just doesn't work with some things.