Position Groups of Need
-
Add DB to the list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43995546/cleveland-browns-release-safety-juan-thornhill
Brownies are releasing Thornhill. I wonder if Mitch has a shot at sliding into his role now?
As it stands, you have one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
Add DB to the list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43995546/cleveland-browns-release-safety-juan-thornhill
Brownies are releasing Thornhill. I wonder if Mitch has a shot at sliding into his role now?
As it stands, you have one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
Ain't that the truth. I wasn't happy with either Safety heading into last year's draft.
-
Add DB to the list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43995546/cleveland-browns-release-safety-juan-thornhill
Brownies are releasing Thornhill. I wonder if Mitch has a shot at sliding into his role now?
As it stands, you have one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
-
Add DB to the list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43995546/cleveland-browns-release-safety-juan-thornhill
Brownies are releasing Thornhill. I wonder if Mitch has a shot at sliding into his role now?
As it stands, you have one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
Add DB to the list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/43995546/cleveland-browns-release-safety-juan-thornhill
Brownies are releasing Thornhill. I wonder if Mitch has a shot at sliding into his role now?
As it stands, you have one of the worst safety situations in the NFL.
Maybe it is addition through subtraction. Then again that assumes that Berry doesn't sign some new schmuck to fill the position.
I wonder if Berry even asks the question as to why a team is letting a player go before he runs out and signs them?
-
Here's an interesting QB prospect... he was a member of the 2018 recruiting class at Oregon, was in college for seven seasons. Moved on to Texas Tech, suffered some injuries, finished up at Louisville. He's 25 years old, 6'5" 225lbs with a very good arm. Some scouts really like him.
-
Here's an interesting QB prospect... he was a member of the 2018 recruiting class at Oregon, was in college for seven seasons. Moved on to Texas Tech, suffered some injuries, finished up at Louisville. He's 25 years old, 6'5" 225lbs with a very good arm. Some scouts really like him.
He's 25 years old, 6'5" 225lbs with a very good arm.
Well then, that touches on my qualifications.....A tall drink of water with a strong arm! Pretty quick throwing motion...
-
-
Thanks for sharing that Dutch! It's nice for us to see other options to consider beside Mason Graham at #2 overall. ? All kidding aside, this guy could get snapped up in a mid round. He's definitely showing some goodies in the skillset. I like his wealth of experience blending with his best football at the right time. The TD:INT ratio is also quite competitive. Like all those he's competing with - success ahead is at the mercy of the franchise he goes to.
Here's a look at some 2024 stats for all those he's competing with:
Player Team G Comp% Yds Yd/Att TD Int OffTgt% Sack% Shedeur Sanders Colorado 13 74.0% 4134 8.7 37 10 8.2% 7.7% Will Howard Ohio State 16 73.0% 4010 9.5 35 10 9.0% 3.6% Jaxson Dart Ole Miss 13 69.3% 4279 10.8 29 6 10.3% 6.6% Cam Ward Miami 13 67.2% 4313 9.5 39 7 13.9% 4.8% Kyle McCord Syracuse 13 66.0% 4779 8.1 34 12 10.0% 4.7% Quinn Ewers Texas 14 65.8% 3472 7.8 31 12 11.7% 6.9% Jalen Milroe Alabama 13 64.3% 2844 8.9 16 11 16.0% 6.7% Tyler Shough Louisville 12 62.7% 3195 8.2 23 6 11.8% 3.5% -
Thanks for sharing that Dutch! It's nice for us to see other options to consider beside Mason Graham at #2 overall. ? All kidding aside, this guy could get snapped up in a mid round. He's definitely showing some goodies in the skillset. I like his wealth of experience blending with his best football at the right time. The TD:INT ratio is also quite competitive. Like all those he's competing with - success ahead is at the mercy of the franchise he goes to.
Here's a look at some 2024 stats for all those he's competing with:
Player Team G Comp% Yds Yd/Att TD Int OffTgt% Sack% Shedeur Sanders Colorado 13 74.0% 4134 8.7 37 10 8.2% 7.7% Will Howard Ohio State 16 73.0% 4010 9.5 35 10 9.0% 3.6% Jaxson Dart Ole Miss 13 69.3% 4279 10.8 29 6 10.3% 6.6% Cam Ward Miami 13 67.2% 4313 9.5 39 7 13.9% 4.8% Kyle McCord Syracuse 13 66.0% 4779 8.1 34 12 10.0% 4.7% Quinn Ewers Texas 14 65.8% 3472 7.8 31 12 11.7% 6.9% Jalen Milroe Alabama 13 64.3% 2844 8.9 16 11 16.0% 6.7% Tyler Shough Louisville 12 62.7% 3195 8.2 23 6 11.8% 3.5% He's definitely showing some goodies in the skillset.
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck.
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
-
He's definitely showing some goodies in the skillset.
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck.
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck.
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
What part of mid round did you miss? There were some beautiful throws on that video demonstrating arm strength, precision and damn good anticipation.
You and me differ that supply and demand of the most important position always has teams reaching above and beyond the BPA thing every year. Supply and demand also dictates in other areas of the draft which is why we see a run on certain position groups almost every draft - causing/enticing teams to pick a player ahead of when they wanted/hoped to. With that reality, I can see this kid going in a mid round. That said, wouldn't be stunned if he went in round 5 or 6-7 either. When guys like Tom Brady and Brock Purdy got picked in rounds 6 and 7 respectively - hard to be surprised about anything.
-
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck.
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
What part of mid round did you miss? There were some beautiful throws on that video demonstrating arm strength, precision and damn good anticipation.
You and me differ that supply and demand of the most important position always has teams reaching above and beyond the BPA thing every year. Supply and demand also dictates in other areas of the draft which is why we see a run on certain position groups almost every draft - causing/enticing teams to pick a player ahead of when they wanted/hoped to. With that reality, I can see this kid going in a mid round. That said, wouldn't be stunned if he went in round 5 or 6-7 either. When guys like Tom Brady and Brock Purdy got picked in rounds 6 and 7 respectively - hard to be surprised about anything.
What part of mid round did you miss?
I miss quite a bit before my coffee kicks in.
There were some beautiful throws on that video demonstrating arm strength, precision and damn good anticipation.
The anticipation stood out to me as well. But it's a highlight piece, so I can't tell if those are throws setup by play structure or if he's showing EBP.
You and me differ that supply and demand of the most important position always has teams reaching above and beyond the BPA thing every year.
We don't differ that teams absolutely reach or let slide based on supply/demand buddy. Where we differ is the 'Why'. If you know a QB is a marginal, developmental prospect that you'd spend a 5th on one year and looking at a 3rd the next, convention wisdom tells me to pass on the artificially inflated value. Because projects like that rarely change the face of your franchise. Meanwhile midround lineman are the lifeblood of the NFL.
Supply and demand also dictates in other areas of the draft which is why we see a run on certain position groups almost every draft - causing/enticing teams to pick a player ahead of when they wanted/hoped to.
Of course. Not letting ones hand be forced is a patient strategy few can deploy.
With that reality, I can see this kid going in a mid round. That said, wouldn't be stunned if he went in round 5 or 6-7 either. When guys like Tom Brady and Brock Purdy got picked in rounds 6 and 7 respectively - hard to be surprised about anything.
When I think "mid round". I think 3.25-4.5. So late day 2, early(over) day 3. The latter seems most likely.
-
He's definitely showing some goodies in the skillset.
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck.
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck. ?
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
And there is now an article on PackersWire that says he may have just Combine tested himself out of still being there at their #23 spot and maybe into the top 10. Up there with Garrett's performance, but beat him by .05 in the 40 and one inch short of Garrett's 41" vert, 3 inches further in the broad jump. About the same height and 5 lbs lighter. Sure smells like a sub for me. I'll get you a consolation beer.???
-
Easy there, Ciara.
That said, kid has a nice touch on the throws outside the number. Nose of the ball has a decent that drops into the bucket for his receivers.
Not a fan of medical school players, but a day 3 look couldn't hurt anyone. I have a 12 day stretch off coming up, so I'll get back to you and get several of my pieces posted in that time frame. Along with a deeper look at Schuck. ?
@texasag1969 haven't forgotten about Stewart. I'm 3 games in and, SHOCKER, DJs hype doesn't even come close to matching his production. Which includes either significant body composition changes or a position change at the next level. But More on that later.
My wager of him not being a first round player still stands.
And there is now an article on PackersWire that says he may have just Combine tested himself out of still being there at their #23 spot and maybe into the top 10. Up there with Garrett's performance, but beat him by .05 in the 40 and one inch short of Garrett's 41" vert, 3 inches further in the broad jump. About the same height and 5 lbs lighter. Sure smells like a sub for me. I'll get you a consolation beer.???
And there is now an article on PackersWire that says he may have just Combine tested himself out of still being there at their #23 spot and maybe into the top 10. Up there with Garrett's performance, but beat him by .05 in the 40 and one inch short of Garrett's 41" vert, 3 inches further in the broad jump. About the same height and 5 lbs lighter. Sure smells like a sub for me. I'll get you a consolation beer.???
I'm more than aware bubs, it's sort of my thing. The straight line speed shows up on film, I won't argue against that.
The sub 5.11 model does tend to show improvement in our SPS ratings, which we're working hard to collect.
See.... here..
https://brainyballers.com/defensive-end-40-yard-dash-times-do-they-matter-a-comprehensive-analysis/
The athletic ability isn't in question and never was. Or to sum up one of my comments on a youtube video of Stewarts;
"Day 1 measurables...
day 3 production".
edit: Stewart isn't in the same galaxy as Myles at edge.
-
4.5 sacks in three seasons for Stewart
-
And there is now an article on PackersWire that says he may have just Combine tested himself out of still being there at their #23 spot and maybe into the top 10. Up there with Garrett's performance, but beat him by .05 in the 40 and one inch short of Garrett's 41" vert, 3 inches further in the broad jump. About the same height and 5 lbs lighter. Sure smells like a sub for me. I'll get you a consolation beer.???
I'm more than aware bubs, it's sort of my thing. The straight line speed shows up on film, I won't argue against that.
The sub 5.11 model does tend to show improvement in our SPS ratings, which we're working hard to collect.
See.... here..
https://brainyballers.com/defensive-end-40-yard-dash-times-do-they-matter-a-comprehensive-analysis/
The athletic ability isn't in question and never was. Or to sum up one of my comments on a youtube video of Stewarts;
"Day 1 measurables...
day 3 production".
edit: Stewart isn't in the same galaxy as Myles at edge.
-
And there we agree. But good enough for a good DL coach to want to take him first round and turn him into something special. And Nic Scourton I think is the better of the two at this point.
If you're not in the same galaxy as Myles, yet you're claiming he has better measurables and is a top 10 pick.... something doesn't add up. That's a complete contradiction.
-
And there we agree. But good enough for a good DL coach to want to take him first round and turn him into something special. And Nic Scourton I think is the better of the two at this point.
If you're not in the same galaxy as Myles, yet you're claiming he has better measurables and is a top 10 pick.... something doesn't add up. That's a complete contradiction.
If you're not in the same galaxy as Myles, yet you're claiming he has better measurables and is a top 10 pick.... something doesn't add up. That's a complete contradiction.
Actually I said PackerWire thinks he is a top 10 pick. I just think he is a first round pick, but have no idea when or who will take him there. To me there are at least 3 other edge players going before him. Packers still have the shot @ #28 IMO.
-
4.5 sacks in three seasons for Stewart
4.5 sacks in three seasons for Stewart
We can get that by accident from others.
-
4.5 sacks in three seasons for Stewart
We can get that by accident from others.
We can get that by accident from others.
And the other end had 5 sacks this year. One thing little noticed by most is that the glue that put together and held together such a great bunch of DLs, DL coach Terry Price, died just before the start of the 2023 season. They just did not play the same nor were they able to retain more than half of those guys when that season ended. It was a real tragedy for all involved. Which is why I think some really good coaching can bring out the best in several going pro. Those transferring played better where they went including Fadil Diggs (Syracuse) and Walter Nolen (Ole Miss).
-
If you're not in the same galaxy as Myles, yet you're claiming he has better measurables and is a top 10 pick.... something doesn't add up. That's a complete contradiction.
Actually I said PackerWire thinks he is a top 10 pick. I just think he is a first round pick, but have no idea when or who will take him there. To me there are at least 3 other edge players going before him. Packers still have the shot @ #28 IMO.
Actually I said PackerWire thinks he is a top 10 pick. I just think he is a first round pick, but have no idea when or who will take him there. To me there are at least 3 other edge players going before him. Packers still have the shot @ #28 IMO.
Ohhhh... those "wire" sites (insert X team with the word Wire behind it) are about as cookie cutter as it gets.
Stewart has great measurables, but as an example I literally just used with @flugel - Xavier Cooper was insanely quick for a man his size. He's one of the worst IDL picks the Browns have made in a long time. He couldn't take the athletic ability and build a fundamental football technique base to it in the amount of time before the Browns had to make business decisions. It's a constant race against the clock.
If coaches in the NFL want to take a raw, athletic product and try to transform him in 3 years, be my guest. Speaking of the Packers, they tried the same thing with Lukas Van Ness and he hasn't been what they were envisioning at all. He has struggled a lot throughout his time in the NFL because he was a great athlete, but without being a sound football player first.
Also, and keep this in mind, part of my assessment in saying that Stewart isn't going to be a 1st round pick also means that I believe whatever team *might* make the investment will regret paying that steep of a price in 3 seasons. So let's say the Pack takes him a 28. You'll feel affirmed in your happiness for another Aggie. If he flames out in 3 years, I'll be more affirmed in that my evaluations overwhelmingly (70+% by the numbers) stand the test of time and that the hype was once again not done justice.
edit: I also think Stewart ends up as a much better fit playing IDL in odd fronts. His A&M film really seems to show that as well. When he's along a 3-4 tech, he can use his quickness and strength to just shoot into gaps. What he does when he's in the gap isn't good, and he isn't a finisher in the least. But at the minimum his opening is heroic.
-
Well @flugel, the Browns talked to your boy Kyle McCord!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login