Skip to content

Who Are You Taking For Browns at #2?

The Browns Board
108 19 3.5k 1
  • @flugel said:

    For example, we're gonna have some fun with all our dreaming about the exciting opportunities this draft has available for our draft position.  

    Looking at what Yahoo drafted for both of Cal's fantasy football teams - maybe Jimmy ought to look to Yahoo to do his draft...

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    And you act surprised, you silly goose... 

  • @flugel said:

    For example, we're gonna have some fun with all our dreaming about the exciting opportunities this draft has available for our draft position.  

    Looking at what Yahoo drafted for both of Cal's fantasy football teams - maybe Jimmy ought to look to Yahoo to do his draft...

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tiamat63 said:

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @calfoxwc said:

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    @dutch-oven said:

    And you act surprised, you silly goose... 

    I can hear that chant coming out of the Ohio woods, "A.I.,A.I., A.I."  So all that bragging was learned from a mentor. Who could it be??

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    @dutch-oven said:

    And you act surprised, you silly goose... 

    I can hear that chant coming out of the Ohio woods, "A.I.,A.I., A.I."  So all that bragging was learned from a mentor. Who could it be??

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can hear that chant coming out of the Ohio woods, "A.I.,A.I., A.I."  So all that bragging was learned from a mentor. Who could it be??

    Would that be before or after he recounts the bullshit story about why he couldn't play football in high school 50 years ago? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Wait, Cal doesn't even draft his own teams?!

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @calfoxwc said:

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    So roughly 12 weeks before the Draft, it appears Travis Hunter is the sexy pick for Browns fans on here. 

    I'll post this again around the 6 week mark, then in the week leading up. It will be interesting to see if things change. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #39

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #40
  • @calfoxwc said:

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    no, I'll arrange for all of us to draft our players.

    Go for it.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @syd said:

    Browns pegged as ideal fit for NFL draft's most controversial player

    Like I said earlier, I'm fine with Sanders. His Daddy has to let go at some point.

    I suppose there's been reports of the Cowboys being interested in Sanders. Jerry Jones might over do it with a trade offer, we will see.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #43

    @syd said:

    Browns pegged as ideal fit for NFL draft's most controversial player

    Many within the Cleveland Browns fanbase do not like Shedeur Sanders, predominantly because of his dad and little to do with his play, but he may just be their ideal player in the 2025 NFL draft.

    .......Sanders’ accuracy and ability to play in structure may just fit him in like a glove with head coach Kevin Stefanski.  ( I like a QB wants to play 'in structure' rather than one that goes off script at the drop of a hat )

    PFF’s Jordan Plocher and Josh Liskiewitz agree. In their article pairing one prospect for each of the 32 NFL teams, it was Sanders who fell into the most ideal fit for the Browns. Here is what they had to say:

    “Everyone in Cleveland would prefer to just sweep the whole Deshaun Watson experiment under the rug and move on. The Sheduer Sanders selection allows the team, the fans and the city to move on toward the future. Sanders is a highly accurate quarterback, as his 81.6 adjusted completion percentage ranked No.1 among FBS quarterbacks with an 8.0-yard average depth of target. Sanders is a multiple-year starter who should be able to start from the beginning of his career if Watson starts the season on the physically unable to perform list.”

    There is no doubt that Sanders is the most accurate quarterback in the class, and by a comfortable margin. According to Daft on Draft’s Weighted On-Target Percentage metric, Sanders leads the class with a number of 73.26 percent. Going back to last year, this would have been the second-highest in last year’s class, behind only the likely NFL Rookie of the Year Jayden Daniels.

    --------  My 2 cents...He will go to the team with the #1 pick.

  • @syd said:

    Browns pegged as ideal fit for NFL draft's most controversial player

    Many within the Cleveland Browns fanbase do not like Shedeur Sanders, predominantly because of his dad and little to do with his play, but he may just be their ideal player in the 2025 NFL draft.

    .......Sanders’ accuracy and ability to play in structure may just fit him in like a glove with head coach Kevin Stefanski.  ( I like a QB wants to play 'in structure' rather than one that goes off script at the drop of a hat )

    PFF’s Jordan Plocher and Josh Liskiewitz agree. In their article pairing one prospect for each of the 32 NFL teams, it was Sanders who fell into the most ideal fit for the Browns. Here is what they had to say:

    “Everyone in Cleveland would prefer to just sweep the whole Deshaun Watson experiment under the rug and move on. The Sheduer Sanders selection allows the team, the fans and the city to move on toward the future. Sanders is a highly accurate quarterback, as his 81.6 adjusted completion percentage ranked No.1 among FBS quarterbacks with an 8.0-yard average depth of target. Sanders is a multiple-year starter who should be able to start from the beginning of his career if Watson starts the season on the physically unable to perform list.”

    There is no doubt that Sanders is the most accurate quarterback in the class, and by a comfortable margin. According to Daft on Draft’s Weighted On-Target Percentage metric, Sanders leads the class with a number of 73.26 percent. Going back to last year, this would have been the second-highest in last year’s class, behind only the likely NFL Rookie of the Year Jayden Daniels.

    --------  My 2 cents...He will go to the team with the #1 pick.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @orion said:

    Many within the Cleveland Browns fanbase do not like Shedeur Sanders, predominantly because of his dad and little to do with his play, but he may just be their ideal player in the 2025 NFL draft.

    .......Sanders’ accuracy and ability to play in structure may just fit him in like a glove with head coach Kevin Stefanski.  ( I like a QB wants to play 'in structure' rather than one that goes off script at the drop of a hat )

    PFF’s Jordan Plocher and Josh Liskiewitz agree. In their article pairing one prospect for each of the 32 NFL teams, it was Sanders who fell into the most ideal fit for the Browns. Here is what they had to say:

    “Everyone in Cleveland would prefer to just sweep the whole Deshaun Watson experiment under the rug and move on. The Sheduer Sanders selection allows the team, the fans and the city to move on toward the future. Sanders is a highly accurate quarterback, as his 81.6 adjusted completion percentage ranked No.1 among FBS quarterbacks with an 8.0-yard average depth of target. Sanders is a multiple-year starter who should be able to start from the beginning of his career if Watson starts the season on the physically unable to perform list.”

    There is no doubt that Sanders is the most accurate quarterback in the class, and by a comfortable margin. According to Daft on Draft’s Weighted On-Target Percentage metric, Sanders leads the class with a number of 73.26 percent. Going back to last year, this would have been the second-highest in last year’s class, behind only the likely NFL Rookie of the Year Jayden Daniels.

    --------  My 2 cents...He will go to the team with the #1 pick.

     My business partner asked me a question when I was showing him the outline of my Milroe article - "Why Sanders?". 

     He has the highest floor in this draft. For me, it's that simple.  If you *have* to draft a QB, it's the sensible choice.   If the rest of the circus could be avoided, that sure would be a great bonus. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Have 2 Colorado players ever been taken 1 & 2 in the draft?

  • Have 2 Colorado players ever been taken 1 & 2 in the draft?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Have 2 Colorado players ever been taken 1 & 2 in the draft?

    I think it has only happened three times: Michigan State (1967), Nebraska (1984) and Penn State (2000).

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    no, I'll arrange for all of us to draft our players.

    Go for it.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @calfoxwc said:

    no, I'll arrange for all of us to draft our players.

    Go for it.

    which, btw, I've drafted my own players in the past, a few times I won, but you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues.

    Join up, have a team, show us what you can do, it would be fun beating you.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I try to, didn't get to it this past season.

    Hope you can play fantasy football next season, it would be

    fun to beat you, too.

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @tiamat63 said:

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    I have drafted my own players for years - won at least once. But you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues that I know of.

    Do it. Show us what you got - we promise to draft our players, and it will be great fun beating you. Maybe one of the commishes can send you a link to make it easier.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    no, I'll arrange for all of us to draft our players.

    Go for it.

    which, btw, I've drafted my own players in the past, a few times I won, but you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues.

    Join up, have a team, show us what you can do, it would be fun beating you.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @calfoxwc said:

    which, btw, I've drafted my own players in the past, a few times I won, but you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues.

    Join up, have a team, show us what you can do, it would be fun beating you.

    Cal’s talking to himself again… 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Playing in a fantasy league where guys likely won't draft their own team?   Nah, I'm good, thanks. 

    I have drafted my own players for years - won at least once. But you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues that I know of.

    Do it. Show us what you got - we promise to draft our players, and it will be great fun beating you. Maybe one of the commishes can send you a link to make it easier.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @calfoxwc said:

    I have drafted my own players for years - won at least once. But you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues that I know of.

    Do it. Show us what you got - we promise to draft our players, and it will be great fun beating you. Maybe one of the commishes can send you a link to make it easier.

    Thanks.  But again, I'm good.  That time invested can be better spent elsewhere by me on other football projects. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I have drafted my own players for years - won at least once. But you have never had a team in the Brownsboard fantasy football leagues that I know of.

    Do it. Show us what you got - we promise to draft our players, and it will be great fun beating you. Maybe one of the commishes can send you a link to make it easier.

    Thanks.  But again, I'm good.  That time invested can be better spent elsewhere by me on other football projects. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @tiamat63 said:

    Thanks.  But again, I'm good.  That time invested can be better spent elsewhere by me on other football projects. 

    OK, I just hope it isn't because you can't handle my team beating yours.

    My #2 team did hit on hard times. Just a thought.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Thanks.  But again, I'm good.  That time invested can be better spent elsewhere by me on other football projects. 

    OK, I just hope it isn't because you can't handle my team beating yours.

    My #2 team did hit on hard times. Just a thought.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @calfoxwc said:

    OK, I just hope it isn't because you can't handle my team beating yours.

    200w.gif.ed31359a18f7aaab56c58799461aff42.gif