Skip to content

Who Are You Taking For Browns at #2?

The Browns Board
108 19 3.5k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

     Fields played in a run-heavy offense with elements of the QB centric run sprinkled in similar to some of the designs I broke down when Brissett was our starting QB. 

     To say that Fields and Watson are one in the same is short-sighted.   

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @flugel said:

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    Minshew? Cousins? Darnold?

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Fields played in a run-heavy offense with elements of the QB centric run sprinkled in similar to some of the designs I broke down when Brissett was our starting QB. 

     To say that Fields and Watson are one in the same is short-sighted.   

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @flugel said:

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    @canton-dawg said:

    Minshew? Cousins? Darnold?

    Add in Wentz, Flacco, Brissett...

  • A AP1

    @flugel said:

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    @canton-dawg said:

    Minshew? Cousins? Darnold?

    Add in Wentz, Flacco, Brissett...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @ap1 said:

    Add in Wentz, Flacco, Brissett...

    And any of them would be an improvement over the current QB room.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #72

    IMG_0763.jpeg

  • @flugel said:

    Well, it's sounding like Pittsburgh is leaning more toward keeping Fields so anyone worrying about Fields coming here doesn't have to.  That was a waste of a discussion I dedicated way too many paragraphs to. 

    Are there any available veteran QBs that can help this team?  The current roster/situation here isn't exactly a recruiting attraction.  What about our Cousin Vinny?   Testaverde is only 61 years old but he doesn't look a day over 51...

    Minshew? Cousins? Darnold?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @canton-dawg said:

    Minshew? Cousins? Darnold?

    Those are options.  I like the Cousins idea best if he's willing to park his career in Cleveland.  As likable as Minshew is - last year wasn't one of his better years with 9 TD Passes and 10 INTs largely due to the surrounding talent.  That said, the Raiders beat the Browns so this doesn't offer him much more.  Darnold will probably have a few choices after last year; but this offense won't have the same toys for the QB.  In the playoffs, we saw how bad he can be without pass pro - which I fear coming here would be like.

    You never know though. I know I don't...

  • @ap1 said:

    Add in Wentz, Flacco, Brissett...

    And any of them would be an improvement over the current QB room.

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @canton-dawg said:

    And any of them would be an improvement over the current QB room.

    Age

    Minshew - 28

    Flacco - 40

    Brissett - 32

    Wentz - 32

    Cousins - 36

    Darnold - 27

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #75

    I really like this evaluator, and he does a good job comparing Ward vs Sanders and why Sanders is the better QB and better fit for Stefanski. 

  • I really like this evaluator, and he does a good job comparing Ward vs Sanders and why Sanders is the better QB and better fit for Stefanski. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @dutch-oven said:

    why Sanders is the better QB

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    why Sanders is the better QB

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @orion said:

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

    There may be some concerns about his long term durability - he had a fractured back at one point, numbness in extremities, teams will check him out physically - with his accuracy and qb smarts, he might drop a bit, but surely will still go that high unless a physical shows a problem with that.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    why Sanders is the better QB

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @orion said:

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

    Agreed! And I also hope we take Sanders if TN doesn't.  Is it really going to be that easy for us though?  

    I've heard a rumor Pittsburgh is very interested in trading up with TN to get him.  I think that came from Mike Greenberg or someone on ESPN.  That rumor could very well reach Berea and entice the Browns to try to trade up for him.  

  • @orion said:

    I agree.  I'd want Sanders.  

    .....and Sanders isn't going to 'fall' in round 1.  Even if he got past picks 1 & 2, he'd go very soon after.

    Agreed! And I also hope we take Sanders if TN doesn't.  Is it really going to be that easy for us though?  

    I've heard a rumor Pittsburgh is very interested in trading up with TN to get him.  I think that came from Mike Greenberg or someone on ESPN.  That rumor could very well reach Berea and entice the Browns to try to trade up for him.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @flugel said:

    I've heard a rumor Pittsburgh is very interested in trading up with TN to get him.  I think that came from Mike Greenberg or someone on ESPN.  That rumor could very well reach Berea and entice the Browns to try to trade up for him.  

    Oooo...we hate the Steelers!   And our guys just love to call the bet and raise don't they.

    Ya know, most of the draft gurus think that Ward is going to be taken before Sanders....and that includes teams trading up to #1. 

  • @flugel said:

    I've heard a rumor Pittsburgh is very interested in trading up with TN to get him.  I think that came from Mike Greenberg or someone on ESPN.  That rumor could very well reach Berea and entice the Browns to try to trade up for him.  

    Oooo...we hate the Steelers!   And our guys just love to call the bet and raise don't they.

    Ya know, most of the draft gurus think that Ward is going to be taken before Sanders....and that includes teams trading up to #1. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @orion said:

    Oooo...we hate the Steelers!   And our guys just love to call the bet and raise don't they.

    Ya know, most of the draft gurus think that Ward is going to be taken before Sanders....and that includes teams trading up to #1. 

    I'm seeing a lot of people put Ward as the 1st QB in the mock drafts  - like the one I shared had the Giants taking Ward after TN took Carter and the Browns took Hunter.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't hearing it or reading it or actually thinking it. We'll see my man!

  • @orion said:

    Oooo...we hate the Steelers!   And our guys just love to call the bet and raise don't they.

    Ya know, most of the draft gurus think that Ward is going to be taken before Sanders....and that includes teams trading up to #1. 

    I'm seeing a lot of people put Ward as the 1st QB in the mock drafts  - like the one I shared had the Giants taking Ward after TN took Carter and the Browns took Hunter.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't hearing it or reading it or actually thinking it. We'll see my man!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @flugel said:

    I'm seeing a lot of people put Ward as the 1st QB in the mock drafts  - like the one I shared had the Giants taking Ward after TN took Carter and the Browns took Hunter.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't hearing it or reading it or actually thinking it. We'll see my man!

    Oh Tom, you know this is the silly season when they float a lot of misdirecting rumors out there to throw off the competition.?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #82

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

  • All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

  • @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @flugel said:

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

    You know BB would be all over that pick... Would love to to see 2 way players merge back into the league... it makes the game fun...

  • All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

  • @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @calfoxwc said:

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @nickers said:

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

    ah, I missed that !

    I really like Rees - hell yeah !

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/tommy-rees-has-come-full-circle-as-new-offensive-coordinator-for-the-browns

    "

    While they work through the quarterback situation for the 2025 season, Rees said their goal is to build an offense that has the flexibility to cater to a quarterback's strengths, as well as highlight the rest of the offensive players on the field.

    "It's always going to be player centric. It's always going to be in the front of the mind to make sure we're doing things that are sound football wise and then how do we create opportunities for our players and our offense to be explosive," Rees said. "I think we want to put together a system that our players can have confidence in. Whether that's run or pass or anywhere in between, we want to make sure that everything we're doing has a 'why' to it,"

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #88

    Don Shula was the master at seeing the systems in place met the skill set of the players.

    When he had Unitas in Baltimore, the O centered around Unitas.  Then at Miami it centered around his trio of great backs, then went back to the passing attack when Marino entered the building.

    Players don't have much flexibility when it comes to what they do well and don't do well.  The smart coach does. It's a matter of expanding ones knowledge or aligning with a coach who does. That doesn't rely on a physical skill which in most cases is a either you have it or you don't situation.  A coach can't tell a receiver he needs to knock a half second off his 40 time or his LT needs to lengthen his arms a few inches in the off season.

    The Dorsey deal didn't work, mostly because it was a hastily arraigned marriage. I think the union between Stefanski and Rees will work because there is already a working relationship between the two.