Skip to content

Will Quinn be out of the league in a few years?

The Browns Board
34 14 1.9k
  • @restinpeace said:

    QB's are the heart and soul of the winners. The Browns need that man. You act like everything can be fixed by "coaching". No it can't. We have some things that require upgrades and nothing else will help.

    This is the attitude I get sick of seeing on this board. Reality comes hard for many.

    One other thing. Mechanics are fixed with proper coaching. Will that solve the whole problem no. I was just addressing what was pointed out about Quinn's mechanics.

    R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @marcus said:

    One other thing. Mechanics are fixed with proper coaching. Will that solve the whole problem no. I was just addressing what was pointed out about Quinn's mechanics.

    Man, Charlie couldn't even fix Quinn's mechanical problems at ND, they always looked bad. Stop whining what coaching can't fix. The denial is amazing. Quinn is like the pitcher with the "inverted W".

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Oh yes he will be gone. By gone I mean at the bottom of a depth chart or modeling for FLEX. And this idea that coaching can fix a bad arm and mechanics is just wrong. You are born with a good arm and you don't have it, no coach is going to be able to make you throw tighter, more accurate balls. In training camp and in these three games I saw the strangest thing with Brady's throws. The nose of the ball almost points down as it goes. I have to assume it's because he is so ripped that his QB mechanics are all jacked up. I know it sounds like a joke but I am totally serious. I've seen other QBs throw like this but it's only on occasion.But Brady does it everytime he throws the ball. Why?

  • Next YearN Next Year wrote on last edited by
    #23

    ummm im gonna go with a yesssssss! he will be lucky if he is third string somewhere next year...

  • @marcus said:

    One other thing. Mechanics are fixed with proper coaching. Will that solve the whole problem no. I was just addressing what was pointed out about Quinn's mechanics.

    Man, Charlie couldn't even fix Quinn's mechanical problems at ND, they always looked bad. Stop whining what coaching can't fix. The denial is amazing. Quinn is like the pitcher with the "inverted W".

    J Jason J wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @restinpeace said:

    Man, Charlie couldn't even fix Quinn's mechanical problems at ND, they always looked bad. Stop whining what coaching can't fix. The denial is amazing. Quinn is like the pitcher with the "inverted W".

    I've seen several posts now in various threads of you describing Quinn's mechanical problems. I'd love to read a detailed breakdown of what you're talking about.

    -jj

  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @inspecta said:

    RIP doesn't speak with details, his specialty is broad generalities because it makes it easier for him to spew the optimal amount of bullshit on the forums.

    Word to the wise, bag him on the ignore list. Your time will be better spent because of it.

    Yeah, the guy has absolutely no idea about football, at all.

    I think Lum would even destroy him in a debate.

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #26

    JosephSixpack said:

    Again, if you bother to recall, I tried to warn you about Mr. Checkdown a few years ago. Didn't have the mental toughness coming out of ND, wasn't pro material. Now you see why so many teams passed. Queen's lucky he was benched his first couple years, so he could nail down some endorsement cash. In a couple years he'll be caddying for Benji Roeth.

    So he sucks, but the Steelers will end up with him as the backup to Ben 🙄😳

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #27
    I've seen several posts now in various threads of you describing Quinn's mechanical problems. I'd love to read a detailed breakdown of what you're talking about.

    I asked him the same thing 2 days ago, read a few more outlandish, inflamatory posts from him, determined he was simply an unoriginal-attention-whore-jackass, and put him on ignore.

  • A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I understand why people are getting irritated with RIP, but at the same time, I don't think even I could goout of my way to defend Quinn.

    The playcalling has been horrendous no doubt, but the playcalling didn't force Brady Quinn to stare down his target right after the snap and throw the ball directly to Foxworth. The playcalling didnt force Brady Quinn to underthrow a wide open Massaquoi by 10 yards who had the Denver defense beat for a TD if Quinn delivers the ball.

    That said, I don't see how anyone thinks that Derek Freakin Anderson is going to spark anything. Three interceptions on three very stupid decisions in one half. If he isn't smart enough to know to NOT throw the ball into double or triple coverage against the best defense in the league then he isn't smart enough to be a starter.

    Both of these guys suck. I wouldn't be opposed to sending them both packing at the end of the season.

  • @restinpeace said:

    ROLF!!! It is DA, a rusty, DA. Give him some prep with the 1st team and I bet he can lead the Browns to 1-2 TD's vs. the Bengals. We all know he isn't starter quality, but Quinn isn't NFL quality.

    Weren't reps overrated (according to yourself and others).

    Now suddenly that's the reason for throwing the ball into TRIPLE coverage, and throwing another pick right to a DB.

    Yeah, it's rust alright. Permanent rust on his brain.

    If Anderson means 6-10 and Quinn means 0-16, then I want Quinn. I don't want some shitty mid-round pick. Give me #1 overall so we can have our choice of ELITE talent.

    C cmac12 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @lemosley01 said:

    Weren't reps overrated (according to yourself and others).

    Now suddenly that's the reason for throwing the ball into TRIPLE coverage, and throwing another pick right to a DB.

    Yeah, it's rust alright. Permanent rust on his brain.

    If Anderson means 6-10 and Quinn means 0-16, then I want Quinn. I don't want some shitty mid-round pick. Give me #1 overall so we can have our choice of ELITE talent.

    Why so the Browns will just trade down so they can get multiple picks that they let sit on the bench?

  • @lemosley01 said:

    Weren't reps overrated (according to yourself and others).

    Now suddenly that's the reason for throwing the ball into TRIPLE coverage, and throwing another pick right to a DB.

    Yeah, it's rust alright. Permanent rust on his brain.

    If Anderson means 6-10 and Quinn means 0-16, then I want Quinn. I don't want some shitty mid-round pick. Give me #1 overall so we can have our choice of ELITE talent.

    Why so the Browns will just trade down so they can get multiple picks that they let sit on the bench?

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @cmac12 said:

    Why so the Browns will just trade down so they can get multiple picks that they let sit on the bench?

    Dude I already beat you to that scenario. That's another big concern of mine. We'll bypass elite talent and hope get a less talented version with additional picks.

  • I understand why people are getting irritated with RIP, but at the same time, I don't think even I could goout of my way to defend Quinn.

    The playcalling has been horrendous no doubt, but the playcalling didn't force Brady Quinn to stare down his target right after the snap and throw the ball directly to Foxworth. The playcalling didnt force Brady Quinn to underthrow a wide open Massaquoi by 10 yards who had the Denver defense beat for a TD if Quinn delivers the ball.

    That said, I don't see how anyone thinks that Derek Freakin Anderson is going to spark anything. Three interceptions on three very stupid decisions in one half. If he isn't smart enough to know to NOT throw the ball into double or triple coverage against the best defense in the league then he isn't smart enough to be a starter.

    Both of these guys suck. I wouldn't be opposed to sending them both packing at the end of the season.

    DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @azbrowns said:

    I understand why people are getting irritated with RIP, but at the same time, I don't think even I could goout of my way to defend Quinn.

    The playcalling has been horrendous no doubt, but the playcalling didn't force Brady Quinn to stare down his target right after the snap and throw the ball directly to Foxworth. The playcalling didnt force Brady Quinn to underthrow a wide open Massaquoi by 10 yards who had the Denver defense beat for a TD if Quinn delivers the ball.

    That said, I don't see how anyone thinks that Derek Freakin Anderson is going to spark anything. Three interceptions on three very stupid decisions in one half. If he isn't smart enough to know to NOT throw the ball into double or triple coverage against the best defense in the league then he isn't smart enough to be a starter.

    Both of these guys suck. I wouldn't be opposed to sending them both packing at the end of the season.

    If the Browns line up in primarily four and five wide sets this weekend... then maybe I'll listen to you spewing forth about Anderson being an INT machine. Otherwise, why don't you sit back and hold judgement 'til you see what kind of offense they actually run with Anderson at the helm this year.

  • @azbrowns said:

    I understand why people are getting irritated with RIP, but at the same time, I don't think even I could goout of my way to defend Quinn.

    The playcalling has been horrendous no doubt, but the playcalling didn't force Brady Quinn to stare down his target right after the snap and throw the ball directly to Foxworth. The playcalling didnt force Brady Quinn to underthrow a wide open Massaquoi by 10 yards who had the Denver defense beat for a TD if Quinn delivers the ball.

    That said, I don't see how anyone thinks that Derek Freakin Anderson is going to spark anything. Three interceptions on three very stupid decisions in one half. If he isn't smart enough to know to NOT throw the ball into double or triple coverage against the best defense in the league then he isn't smart enough to be a starter.

    Both of these guys suck. I wouldn't be opposed to sending them both packing at the end of the season.

    If the Browns line up in primarily four and five wide sets this weekend... then maybe I'll listen to you spewing forth about Anderson being an INT machine. Otherwise, why don't you sit back and hold judgement 'til you see what kind of offense they actually run with Anderson at the helm this year.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    If the Browns line up in primarily four and five wide sets this weekend... then maybe I'll listen to you spewing forth about Anderson being an INT machine. Otherwise, why don't you sit back and hold judgement 'til you see what kind of offense they actually run with Anderson at the helm this year.

    Since when does an offensive philosophy or plan have anything to do with a QB forcing the ball into triple coverage?

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #33

    D&S, DA IS an INT machine.

    He's thrown a high rate in his NFL career and led all of division one football in total INT's thrown for the 2 years spanning his junior and senior seasons.

    Its a documented fact. No need to be offended by it.

  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #34

    To be fair, we give Quinn credit that his problems are fixable, that his mechanics can be coached up. Yes with the right minds in charge, sure. And the same could be said about Derek. Both of these guys are under new management. That is NOT healthy at all.

    Jon Gruden just said on Sirius ( when asked to comment on the problems of JaMarcus and Brady ) that he wishes he had the keys to Quinn for 1 season because he has the desire, brains, build and arm to succeed in this game. Hey Jon, you're more than welcome to come here and see for yourself. I love to have him as head coach.