Kenny Pickett Traded to the Browns
-
well, Pickett, if he starts, would benefit from having Tyler Warren, TE to make the offense work to fool defenses.
I still think the Browns trade down a bit, draft Warren, trade up to get Josh Simmons, LT, and then .... trade for picks next year to trade up and get Allar or Manning.....
lol.
dammit. mock drafts are going to be tough to do this year.
-
Just to add on a previous post of mine about Pickett....I wouldn't just summarily rule out Pickett as a starter, at least not just yet. Sometimes it takes a QB 4-5 years to find his NFL mojo. Some guys need the right fit. Darnold as an example wasn't looking very good a few years ago.
Unless the name is Watson, Stefanski's O seems pretty QB friendly for a Cousins type QB, which I think Pickett is. You never know, he might just find his footing and become a pretty good starting QB in this O.
Just to add on a previous post of mine about Pickett....I wouldn't just summarily rule out Pickett as a starter, at least not just yet. Sometimes it takes a QB 4-5 years to find his NFL mojo. Some guys need the right fit. Darnold as an example wasn't looking very good a few years ago.
Geno Smith is another pretty good example. Having said that, I think that we're going to see that Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket are still Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket
-
Just to add on a previous post of mine about Pickett....I wouldn't just summarily rule out Pickett as a starter, at least not just yet. Sometimes it takes a QB 4-5 years to find his NFL mojo. Some guys need the right fit. Darnold as an example wasn't looking very good a few years ago.
Unless the name is Watson, Stefanski's O seems pretty QB friendly for a Cousins type QB, which I think Pickett is. You never know, he might just find his footing and become a pretty good starting QB in this O.
Just to add on a previous post of mine about Pickett....I wouldn't just summarily rule out Pickett as a starter, at least not just yet. Sometimes it takes a QB 4-5 years to find his NFL mojo. Some guys need the right fit. Darnold as an example wasn't looking very good a few years ago.
Unless the name is Watson, Stefanski's O seems pretty QB friendly for a Cousins type QB, which I think Pickett is. You never know, he might just find his footing and become a pretty good starting QB in this O.
I doubt it but why not kick the tires? He has roughly 2 years of starting experience.
Looks like they're done with Winston, not sure I agree with that. He's a turnover machine but seems like a good locker room guy, something this team seems to need. I'd rather have Winston than Cousins.
-
Just to add on a previous post of mine about Pickett....I wouldn't just summarily rule out Pickett as a starter, at least not just yet. Sometimes it takes a QB 4-5 years to find his NFL mojo. Some guys need the right fit. Darnold as an example wasn't looking very good a few years ago.
Geno Smith is another pretty good example. Having said that, I think that we're going to see that Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket are still Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket
Geno Smith is another pretty good example. Having said that, I think that we're going to see that Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket are still Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket
I agree that there is a very good chance that is how it will work out, but as I said, sometimes a new team, coach and teammates make a big difference in a player trajectory. I guess we will find out soon enough.
-
Geno Smith is another pretty good example. Having said that, I think that we're going to see that Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket are still Sam Darnold & Kenny Picket
I agree that there is a very good chance that is how it will work out, but as I said, sometimes a new team, coach and teammates make a big difference in a player trajectory. I guess we will find out soon enough.
I agree that there is a very good chance that is how it will work out, but as I said, sometimes a new team, coach and teammates make a big difference in a player trajectory. I guess we will find out soon enough.
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
-
Telling…what’s his closest comparison?
Cousins
Wilson
Sanders
-
Telling…what’s his closest comparison?
Cousins
Wilson
Sanders
Telling…what’s his closest comparison?
Cousins
Wilson
Sanders
Charlie Fry?
-
Telling…what’s his closest comparison?
Cousins
Wilson
Sanders
Charlie Fry?
-
-
I agree that there is a very good chance that is how it will work out, but as I said, sometimes a new team, coach and teammates make a big difference in a player trajectory. I guess we will find out soon enough.
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
-
I agree that there is a very good chance that is how it will work out, but as I said, sometimes a new team, coach and teammates make a big difference in a player trajectory. I guess we will find out soon enough.
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
-
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
If it takes more than 3 strikes with a ferro cerrium rod your technique is all wrong or the weather is real damp... I always get it on the first attempt most times.. it's my fave method of fire starting.. Bic's are instant gratification.. But I love the art of processing wood to make a fire.. It is beautifully organic..
-
For example, here's the 1st 2 NFL seasons for a guy who changed teams and ended up in the HOF because of it. I think he said that somewhere in his autobiography it mentions that the local media and countless critics in Tampa actually started convincing him that his hands were too small to succeed in the NFL. My take? THAT, or it was too tough for all those critics to give their franchise any/all of the credit for in lieu of all their premature conclusions about Steve Young and Doug Williams.
The following may have changed in recent years but look what became possible for a guy that was once thought of like Pickett. The difference here and now is Pickett isn't going to Bill Walsh and the SF organization.
TOP FIVE ALL-TIME PASSERS
Passer
Player Rating
Att.
Comp.
Yards
TDs
INTs
Steve Young 96.8
4,149
2,667
33,124
232
107
Joe Montana 92.3
5,391
3,409
40,551
273
139
Brett Favre 87.1
4,352
2,659
30,894
235
141
Dan Marino 86.4
8,358
4,967
61,361
420
252
Mark Brunell 85.4
2,160
1,297
15,572
86
52
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
Good examples! And look at a guy like Warner needing Arena Football and NFL Europe. In Arena Football he practiced, learned and developed via quicker progression reads and releases. It took some rewiring of previous habits that got him cut and in Green Bay. Ultimately, what we're talking about with all these guys are those opportunities to get better better/more specific training for the NFL passing game by extending experience after college.
Now that guys in college can use the transfer portal to get a 5th year of starting/playing QB like Bo Nix, Dillon Gabriel, Shedeur Sanders, Cam Ward, Jayden Daniels - this not only gets them additional experience but it also enables them to learn different passing game concepts and strategies. Before the portal - Flacco left Pitt after only appearing in 4 games in 2 years for mop up duty only. The next 4 years he did his magic at Delaware as a QB in the Delaware Wing T (which made him great at play action fakes in all those Waggle Passes duplicating a QB bootleg).
This isn't just good for QBs but young assistant coaches should also try to expose themselves to more than 1 system in college or the NFL. Even though Stefanski has 2 Coach of the Year honors - I wonder if he previously coached for NFL more teams/systems than just the Vikings if he'd have better ability to adapt to different types of QBs coming from all different systems. Without looking it up, I don't know what young QB out of the draft he's ever developed into a long time keeper before or during Cleveland. I remembered Minnesota needing to bring in Gary Kubiak as a Offensive Consultant 1 year when Stefanski was the OC and the offense went through a period where everything went stale. Kubiak arrived and helped Stefanski learn some solutions to the difficulties he was finding. Even Belichick got to learn stuff under Ted Marchibroda before Parcells hired him in NY.
Long story short, the more experience gained - the better the chance a QB or Coach has learned more than just 1 specific system. If a Coach heading up an offense doesn't have this - he could be railroading a young QB that might otherwise perform better under a different Coach. Square peg - round hole isn't always the QB's fault IMO. The same year Joe Flacco worked out well here (PJ Walker, Jeff Driskel and DTR struggled). Flacco had a wealth of experience and exposure to running different offenses. Maybe even more than Stefanski. Future QB Coach or Coordinator possibly???
-
This is Certainly not a strike gold option. If the starter goes down you have Pickett over a guy like DTR. We’ve moved from the absolute worst backup in the league to a serviceable backup. One subtle improvement for a future special teams player (5th round) out of the league in three years.
-
Your point is valid.
I don't think Pickett is going to be the next Steve Young, nor do I think you are saying that, but sure, it could happen. Lot's of guys had to find their footing.....Moon, Theisman, Flutie, they had to play in Canada for several seasons.
I liked to camp back in the day. I liked to winter camp. If any of you have used some sort of flint or ferro rod to start a fire, sometimes you get the spark to take in a stroke or three. Other times, it was going to be a long, cold, dark night.
If it takes more than 3 strikes with a ferro cerrium rod your technique is all wrong or the weather is real damp... I always get it on the first attempt most times.. it's my fave method of fire starting.. Bic's are instant gratification.. But I love the art of processing wood to make a fire.. It is beautifully organic..
If it takes more than 3 strikes with a ferro cerrium rod your technique is all wrong or the weather is real damp... I always get it on the first attempt most times.. it's my fave method of fire starting.. Bic's are instant gratification.. But I love the art of processing wood to make a fire.. It is beautifully organic..
I love it - it's an art form - I practice out in our woods, in the rain at times. All sorts of tricks.
Pickett might be a pleasant surprise - who knows.
-
If it takes more than 3 strikes with a ferro cerrium rod your technique is all wrong or the weather is real damp... I always get it on the first attempt most times.. it's my fave method of fire starting.. Bic's are instant gratification.. But I love the art of processing wood to make a fire.. It is beautifully organic..
I love it - it's an art form - I practice out in our woods, in the rain at times. All sorts of tricks.
Pickett might be a pleasant surprise - who knows.
I love it - it's an art form - I practice out in our woods, in the rain at times. All sorts of tricks.
Pickett might be a pleasant surprise - who knows.
I would love to try my hand at harvesting flint and trying the striker and flint method and try my hand at making char to up my skill set.
-
I love it - it's an art form - I practice out in our woods, in the rain at times. All sorts of tricks.
Pickett might be a pleasant surprise - who knows.
I would love to try my hand at harvesting flint and trying the striker and flint method and try my hand at making char to up my skill set.
-
I would find some way of missing somehow and catching a finger with the sharp side of a piece of flint. Think I'll stick to matches. LOL!
A Man has to know his own limitations I suppose.. Unless you are Tool Time Tim!
-
I would find some way of missing somehow and catching a finger with the sharp side of a piece of flint. Think I'll stick to matches. LOL!
A Man has to know his own limitations I suppose.. Unless you are Tool Time Tim!
A Man has to know his own limitations I suppose.. Unless you are Tool Time Tim!
My vet neighbor next door has a garage so full of tools that there is no room for his car or truck. I'm now up to about 3 interior small drawers, each of which has a few tools and then lots of strange parts that I have no idea what for. My father was the top international trouble shooter for Mobil oil with his degree in mechanical engineering. His son (me) once score 1/2 of one percentile on mechanical interest on the Kuder Preference Test. And mechanical ability I think lags that a bit. Driving a nail without blackening a thumb is a major accomplishment. ?
-
A Man has to know his own limitations I suppose.. Unless you are Tool Time Tim!
My vet neighbor next door has a garage so full of tools that there is no room for his car or truck. I'm now up to about 3 interior small drawers, each of which has a few tools and then lots of strange parts that I have no idea what for. My father was the top international trouble shooter for Mobil oil with his degree in mechanical engineering. His son (me) once score 1/2 of one percentile on mechanical interest on the Kuder Preference Test. And mechanical ability I think lags that a bit. Driving a nail without blackening a thumb is a major accomplishment. ?
My vet neighbor next door has a garage so full of tools that there is no room for his car or truck. I'm now up to about 3 interior small drawers, each of which has a few tools and then lots of strange parts that I have no idea what for. My father was the top international trouble shooter for Mobil oil with his degree in mechanical engineering. His son (me) once score 1/2 of one percentile on mechanical interest on the Kuder Preference Test. And mechanical ability I think lags that a bit. Driving a nail without blackening a thumb is a major accomplishment. ?
Yeah , My old man was like that.. Can't tell you how many times he'd find old TV's on the side of the road and make them like brand new.. Fix a stereo.. a car.. whatever... My Pop was a JOAT's/ MON! A guy who one minute ran a speak easy.. To the next minute guarding Americas first space satellite overnight.. To writing some of the worlds first hand written programs for Lithograph/Mulitigraph in the 60's... Amazing someone could live a life... Do all of that...And all that's left is someone remembering it years later in a private thought... And as weird as this sounds... Like how many years do I have left to invest my fandom of it by way of their terrible mishandling...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login