Training Camp 2025
-
I’ll be fascinated to see how season ticket sales go when the Browns move into the Mattress Factory Of Sadness Dome in 2029…
Ticket prices are going to be bananas ?
And it sucks because fans WANT to be there, they want to pack the house.
The largest reason we watch football is because of our shared connection to Ohio, Cleveland, each other and finally the game of football itself. The game that welcomes and shelters all. When you begin to squeeze that connection too much with a price point; when the ownership(s) fail to recognize the financial situation of the average American, who are the overwhelming majority of their support - then people begin to believe the Browns aren't so much *our* team as they are an incredibly profitable business venture only.
NFL ownerships need to realize they're playing a dangerous game milking every dollar from their bases that the delicate connection of fans and community identity --> team can be in question. Sports are something that helps bring us together. We've really gotten away from that.
And it sucks because fans WANT to be there, they want to pack the house.
The largest reason we watch football is because of our shared connection to Ohio, Cleveland, each other and finally the game of football itself. The game that welcomes and shelters all. When you begin to squeeze that connection too much with a price point; when the ownership(s) fail to recognize the financial situation of the average American, who are the overwhelming majority of their support - then people begin to believe the Browns aren't so much *our* team as they are an incredibly profitable business venture only.
NFL ownerships need to realize they're playing a dangerous game milking every dollar from their bases that the delicate connection of fans and community identity --> team can be in question. Sports are something that helps bring us together. We've really gotten away from that.
I don't disagree but evidently NFL owners feel like they have a great deal more price elasticity with their product, and they probably do. I know the Browns have a waiting list for seats. If you can do that after the last 20 years and have a base of fans already paying higher prices on the after market sites, they can do that. He will sell the seats, at least a great many of them. I don't blame owners. Owners sell their product for as much as they can just like players demand as much as they can.
I'd like it if they were still $30 tickets to a game just like I would like it if rib eye steaks were still $7.99 a lb. and movie tickets were still $3.
Those days are gone.
The problem is NFL teams only play 8.5 games a year and in no way can they match the number of games in a season to spread out costs like the other pro leagues.
-
And it sucks because fans WANT to be there, they want to pack the house.
The largest reason we watch football is because of our shared connection to Ohio, Cleveland, each other and finally the game of football itself. The game that welcomes and shelters all. When you begin to squeeze that connection too much with a price point; when the ownership(s) fail to recognize the financial situation of the average American, who are the overwhelming majority of their support - then people begin to believe the Browns aren't so much *our* team as they are an incredibly profitable business venture only.
NFL ownerships need to realize they're playing a dangerous game milking every dollar from their bases that the delicate connection of fans and community identity --> team can be in question. Sports are something that helps bring us together. We've really gotten away from that.
I don't disagree but evidently NFL owners feel like they have a great deal more price elasticity with their product, and they probably do. I know the Browns have a waiting list for seats. If you can do that after the last 20 years and have a base of fans already paying higher prices on the after market sites, they can do that. He will sell the seats, at least a great many of them. I don't blame owners. Owners sell their product for as much as they can just like players demand as much as they can.
I'd like it if they were still $30 tickets to a game just like I would like it if rib eye steaks were still $7.99 a lb. and movie tickets were still $3.
Those days are gone.
The problem is NFL teams only play 8.5 games a year and in no way can they match the number of games in a season to spread out costs like the other pro leagues.
-
And it sucks because fans WANT to be there, they want to pack the house.
The largest reason we watch football is because of our shared connection to Ohio, Cleveland, each other and finally the game of football itself. The game that welcomes and shelters all. When you begin to squeeze that connection too much with a price point; when the ownership(s) fail to recognize the financial situation of the average American, who are the overwhelming majority of their support - then people begin to believe the Browns aren't so much *our* team as they are an incredibly profitable business venture only.
NFL ownerships need to realize they're playing a dangerous game milking every dollar from their bases that the delicate connection of fans and community identity --> team can be in question. Sports are something that helps bring us together. We've really gotten away from that.
I don't disagree but evidently NFL owners feel like they have a great deal more price elasticity with their product, and they probably do. I know the Browns have a waiting list for seats. If you can do that after the last 20 years and have a base of fans already paying higher prices on the after market sites, they can do that. He will sell the seats, at least a great many of them. I don't blame owners. Owners sell their product for as much as they can just like players demand as much as they can.
I'd like it if they were still $30 tickets to a game just like I would like it if rib eye steaks were still $7.99 a lb. and movie tickets were still $3.
Those days are gone.
The problem is NFL teams only play 8.5 games a year and in no way can they match the number of games in a season to spread out costs like the other pro leagues.
I don't disagree but evidently NFL owners feel like they have a great deal more price elasticity with their product, and they probably do. I know the Browns have a waiting list for seats. If you can do that after the last 20 years and have a base of fans already paying higher prices on the after market sites, they can do that. He will sell the seats, at least a great many of them. I don't blame owners. Owners sell their product for as much as they can just like players demand as much as they can.
I'd like it if they were still $30 tickets to a game just like I would like it if rib eye steaks were still $7.99 a lb. and movie tickets were still $3.
Those days are gone.
The problem is NFL teams only play 8.5 games a year and in no way can they match the number of games in a season to spread out costs like the other pro leagues.
You're right about the tickets, though there is a category I'm wondering about which might severely inflate that list - resale.
I personnally know four people with season tickets. They resale half of them, the bulk of those resales over face value.
Two other people I know bought medicore season tickets with the sole purpose of marking them up for profit.
Obviously I don't have access to those numbers. But I'm positive my experience isn't unique.
-
Yesterday, as I was paying for the month of music lessons for my two grandboys I realized that......back 60 years ago when my parents paid for my 1/2 hour lesson it was #3.50. Today it costs 10 times that.
It should warm the cockles of your heart - perhaps all the way to the subcockle region - that it has never been a better time to be filthy rich, though.
-
I don't disagree but evidently NFL owners feel like they have a great deal more price elasticity with their product, and they probably do. I know the Browns have a waiting list for seats. If you can do that after the last 20 years and have a base of fans already paying higher prices on the after market sites, they can do that. He will sell the seats, at least a great many of them. I don't blame owners. Owners sell their product for as much as they can just like players demand as much as they can.
I'd like it if they were still $30 tickets to a game just like I would like it if rib eye steaks were still $7.99 a lb. and movie tickets were still $3.
Those days are gone.
The problem is NFL teams only play 8.5 games a year and in no way can they match the number of games in a season to spread out costs like the other pro leagues.
You're right about the tickets, though there is a category I'm wondering about which might severely inflate that list - resale.
I personnally know four people with season tickets. They resale half of them, the bulk of those resales over face value.
Two other people I know bought medicore season tickets with the sole purpose of marking them up for profit.
Obviously I don't have access to those numbers. But I'm positive my experience isn't unique.
You're right about the tickets, though there is a category I'm wondering about which might severely inflate that list - resale.
I personnally know four people with season tickets. They resale half of them, the bulk of those resales over face value.
Two other people I know bought medicore season tickets with the sole purpose of marking them up for profit.
Obviously I don't have access to those numbers. But I'm positive my experience isn't unique.
How is that possible with this team?
My buddy who had season tickets (he stopped after last season) said that he could barely give away his tickets most times. The only time he actually made some scratch was when he sold the Jets Thursday night game tickets in 2023.
-
Traditional scalping was easier for the seller to turn a profit. You could go to a game 15/20 years ago walk around the tailgate lots buy/sell/buy/sell/buy and end up with very little or nothing out of your pocket and have game tickets.
Now with stubhub and other online outlets most will go to the game with tickets on their phone in advance. I take the opposite approach I attend a Browns game each year, Padres often and I don’t buy a ticket until morning of the game and from what I can see the seller isn’t getting face value and by the time they incur fees they are eating costs.
-
My nephew has 6 Broncos season tickets. He sells 4 and keeps the best two. The resale profit pays for those two and gives him a handsome amount of $$. He's had them over 30 years, but Broncos games always sell out and there is a long waiting list for season tickets. He was lucky enough to start this that long ago and keep up the same level of tickets all that time.
-
You're right about the tickets, though there is a category I'm wondering about which might severely inflate that list - resale.
I personnally know four people with season tickets. They resale half of them, the bulk of those resales over face value.
Two other people I know bought medicore season tickets with the sole purpose of marking them up for profit.
Obviously I don't have access to those numbers. But I'm positive my experience isn't unique.
How is that possible with this team?
My buddy who had season tickets (he stopped after last season) said that he could barely give away his tickets most times. The only time he actually made some scratch was when he sold the Jets Thursday night game tickets in 2023.
How is that possible with this team?
Do we not brag about having the the most loyal and dedicated fans? Football is the heartbeat of Ohio.
If this team is even remotely competitive, or the weather is decent, fans pack seats.
-
How is that possible with this team?
Do we not brag about having the the most loyal and dedicated fans? Football is the heartbeat of Ohio.
If this team is even remotely competitive, or the weather is decent, fans pack seats.
Do we not brag about having the the most loyal and dedicated fans? Football is the heartbeat of Ohio.
If this team is even remotely competitive, or the weather is decent, fans pack seats.
49ers, Bills and Steelers after Thanksgiving at home. THIS YEAR competitive or not and below freezing temps. one would have no problem unloading tickets.
Some years if you aren’t selling the tickets at the start of the year or somewhat just thereafter the two conditions competitive and decent weather…well a good portion of the time those conditions do not cooperate.
-
Do we not brag about having the the most loyal and dedicated fans? Football is the heartbeat of Ohio.
If this team is even remotely competitive, or the weather is decent, fans pack seats.
49ers, Bills and Steelers after Thanksgiving at home. THIS YEAR competitive or not and below freezing temps. one would have no problem unloading tickets.
Some years if you aren’t selling the tickets at the start of the year or somewhat just thereafter the two conditions competitive and decent weather…well a good portion of the time those conditions do not cooperate.
49ers, Bills and Steelers after Thanksgiving at home. THIS YEAR competitive or not and below freezing temps. one would have no problem unloading tickets.
Some years if you aren’t selling the tickets at the start of the year or somewhat just thereafter the two conditions competitive and decent weather…well a good portion of the time those conditions do not cooperate.
You're not wrong. Some miserable times watching the Brownies either get thrashed or lose closely while at the stadium or somewhere downtown that wasn't as warm as it should have been.
-
Ouch! Don't feel too bad though Bob. The Sunday Ticket ain't cheap either. At least you can watch all their games on your local TV network in the comforts of your own man cave. Here's my email version of the bill for the Ticket this year - just in case anyone wonders why I don't want to do worse than 3-14 just so we can draft another QB that might not pan out:
Question....I dropped Sunday Ticket a long time ago, as I didn't think it was a good fit.
Does it include games on Amazon or Yahoo?
-
I’ll be fascinated to see how season ticket sales go when the Browns move into the Mattress Factory Of Sadness Dome in 2029…
Ticket prices are going to be bananas ?
I’ll be fascinated to see how season ticket sales go when the Browns move into the Mattress Factory Of Sadness Dome in 2029…
Ticket prices are going to be bananas ?
Not nearly as bananas as the Warden is gonna go when she has to ask why is the keyboard to the laptop sticky all of a sudden. "Yeah, just lost a mouthful of coffee LMAO on the football board" - knowing full well she's thinking "if I would have only known he was this full of shit 31 years ago."
As for you Dutch, I don't get mad I just get even when you least expect it.
-
You're right about the tickets, though there is a category I'm wondering about which might severely inflate that list - resale.
I personnally know four people with season tickets. They resale half of them, the bulk of those resales over face value.
Two other people I know bought medicore season tickets with the sole purpose of marking them up for profit.
Obviously I don't have access to those numbers. But I'm positive my experience isn't unique.
How is that possible with this team?
My buddy who had season tickets (he stopped after last season) said that he could barely give away his tickets most times. The only time he actually made some scratch was when he sold the Jets Thursday night game tickets in 2023.
How is that possible with this team?
My buddy who had season tickets (he stopped after last season) said that he could barely give away his tickets most times. The only time he actually made some scratch was when he sold the Jets Thursday night game tickets in 2023.
In case anyone is wondering why this match-up would have intrigue regardless of calendar year - check it out. If there's ever been a team that can screw-up easier than the Browns - it's been the Jets. Even worse, it seems like they haven't wanted anyone messing with that outrageous mojo either. The best example I can think of is 1986. The Browns went 12-4 in the regular season with some innovative spread formations (just 1 year after handing off to Mack & Byner for over 1000 rushing yards apiece). New OC Lindy Infante and his accurate and cerebral young QB Kosar were putting a lot of blitz happy defenses into deer in highlights mode or making them feel like raccoons crossing highways at night instead of counting sheep. Yes, our Browns had a well deserved home field advantage throughout the playoffs on their plate. They also had the Conference Best defense against the run, which only helped their bump and run tandem of corners (Minnifield & Dixon) thrive on many-a-3rd and long situations. What could possibly go wrong? Let's hold off on all that today while we honor the Jets here.
Here comes the NY Jets after beginning the year 1-1 before they went on a 9 game winning steak. All of a sudden, former Citadel & NFL Punter and NFL Analyst/Commentator Paul Maguire decides to say for all to hear that the red-hot NY Jets at 10-1 wouldn't win another football game. My thought at the time? Philosophically speaking - that's outrageous! ? People thought he either lost his mind or he had some grapefruits under the acorn. I will say this - he was 1 very funny Irishman. Well, the Jets being the Jets even had Jimmy the Greek wishing he could predict outcomes like Paul Maguire when the Jets lost every one of their last 5 games.
So here comes a match-up where the Browns at home we're looking like they were supposed to give the Jets the mercy flush they needed right? One problem. They actually kicked off and the Jets got off to a 20-10 lead. Meanwhile, the home crowd in Cleveland was hoping Paul Maguire would be on TV somewhere making an announcement like "Don't worry about it Cleveland. If you can't beat the Jets today - they'll beat themselves for you." With an apparent incomplete on 2nd and 24 with the Browns at their own 18 yard line - Mark Gastineau volunteered to be the bad guy with the roughing the passer penalty that gave the seemingly lifeless Browns - a pulse that worked. Oh yeah, in order to be a REAL bad ass - Gastineau wasn't just gonna try to hurt himself some Bernie Kosar. He was going kick his own team right out of the playoffs. Okay, the Browns went on to tie the game which pushed it into overtime. In overtime, the Browns finally decided to end this thing with a 23 yard FG attempt from Mark Mosely. Finally right? WRONG! He missed it. I never thought I'd cry saying the following 2 words: "Game on!" Are you FREAKING kidding me? For a game feeling like nobody wanted to win it - action speaking louder than words showed more players on both sides committed their heart and soul to a refusal to lose it (even Gastineau this time). It wasn't going to be pretty; so in the 2nd overtime of this hard fought battle - Mark Mosely got another chance. This time it was a 27 yard attempt that was successful and the Browns WON!
-
Looking like I'm going to have an extra ticket for training camp, Monday the 28th.
I was origjnally supposed to go with a couple guys I played ball with, but my lineman can't get the time off work.
Opening up the extra ticket to anyone on the board. They'll be transferred to me that Sunday, day before camp. Once they're in my account, I can send the extra out immediately to you.
Camp time is 2pm, gates open at 1pm. Post here or message me.
Thanks
-
Beautiful, hot ass day at training camp. All my Dawgs....follow along on Twitter.
-
Watching LB drills now. You forget that Bush is 5'11. Dude is my height.
Watson is the least laterally fluid of this LB group. Showed up on tape, shows up in drills.
-
Jenkins spending extended time on the bike.
-
-
-
Diabate just decleated Sampson on a weakside zone. Top 4 LBs are Rome, Carson, Bate and Bush
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

