Skip to content

The Official Preseason Browns vs Rams Game Thread

The Browns Board
45 15 651 1
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Glad Sanders got more reps, his pocket awareness kinda reminds me of baker - turning his back to it a lot.

    that and seems like he’s struggling to maintain focus downfield because he’s too obsessed with watching where the pressure is.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Super Bowl bound! ?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Who’s the kicker week 1?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Not to sound snarky or anything... But... I think people now see why Sanders is where he is on the Depth Chart... He needs more work... It was easy for him against 2nd and 3rd stringers.. He just needs to avoid getting down on himself.. I'm sure it's tough.. But its clear.. Gabriel is a cut above with his decision making..

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

  • Not to sound snarky or anything... But... I think people now see why Sanders is where he is on the Depth Chart... He needs more work... It was easy for him against 2nd and 3rd stringers.. He just needs to avoid getting down on himself.. I'm sure it's tough.. But its clear.. Gabriel is a cut above with his decision making..

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @nickers said:

    I think people now see why Sanders is where he is on the Depth Chart

    Yes.  He solidified himself as 4th on the depth chart.  And I think it was a good thing that they put Huntley in for the last 2 minutes.  Sanders got to watch Huntley move the ball playing with the same guys he did.  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Sanders has not learned how to step up into the pocket.

  • Who’s the kicker week 1?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @browns149 said:

    Who’s the kicker week 1?

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

  • Sanders has not learned how to step up into the pocket.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    Sanders has not learned how to step up into the pocket.

    Right!  He looks to get outside of the tackles.  Or he spins around in circles while giving ground while holding the ball out there like a pinata.  He hasn't learned how to throw the ball away.  It's too bad because we saw that he CAN be a good passer....but first he's going to have to learn how to be a QB.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense. Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

  • Sanders has not learned how to step up into the pocket.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #22

    @texasag1969 said:

    Sanders has not learned how to step up into the pocket.

    I don't believe it's a matter of "learning"  I believe it's a matter of having it ingrained as a 2nd nature, worrying about the throw first and contact second. 

    In short, Shedeur simply looked like he's just completely unwilling to take contact while within the pocket.  "The training is nothing, the will is everything" 

    He drops his eyes to protect himself and the ball doesn't move.     I get it's pre-season, but it's bitchmade.  If you're upset at your spot on the depth chart, don't take it out like this.   If you had a bad game where nothing seemed to go right, then it's a different story.    

    @bbedward said:

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    This

    @orion said:

    Right!  He looks to get outside of the tackles.  Or he spins around in circles while giving ground while holding the ball out there like a pinata.  He hasn't learned how to throw the ball away.  It's too bad because we saw that he CAN be a good passer....but first he's going to have to learn how to be a QB.

    Like Gabriel, Sanders has some feet to extend plays with proper timing.  But neither are athletic enough to consistently break away from edge rushes off script and not pay for it quite a bit.

    @vaportrail said:

    Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense.

    Gabriel can probably grow a better mustache'.   

    @vaportrail said:

    Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

    Oh he has, as I detailed in game 2.  He just wasn't very good at it when it wasn't outside the numbers.             

  • Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

  • @browns149 said:

    Who’s the kicker week 1?

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @bbedward said:

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

  • I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jrb12711 said:

    I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

    That should quiet any "Lets start Shedeur as fast as possible" talk, you would think. 

    I'm still sticking with the thought that there is going to be a ton of fighting about these QBs this season while the actual Browns franchise QB is still playing college football this fall. 

  • @bbedward said:

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

  • @kvoethe said:

    Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #28

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

    Maybe Hawaii 509 is better.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @orion said:

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    I would rather go with the young guy.  Hopkins is having the same problem he had with his last team.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Hopkins Cinderella season is the only reason for fan support still. I wanted the guy to be the next Dawson but he’s still consistently missing PATs. We can’t keep him anymore.

  • Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense. Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @vaportrail said:

    Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense. Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

    All true.  The good thing is he seems pretty accurate in tight spaces for the most part.  When teams game plan for him, he may be a little more susceptible to rookie mistakes.  All in all, none of our QBs or RBs want to play behind that last line we had out there.  Lotta learning ahead; but fixing mistakes on the fly sure gets expedited with a good line up front.