Skip to content

The Official Preseason Browns vs Rams Game Thread

The Browns Board
45 15 651 1
  • Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

  • @browns149 said:

    Who’s the kicker week 1?

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @bbedward said:

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

  • I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jrb12711 said:

    I can’t wait for the talking head to try and word smith Sanders come Monday. That was the definition of a turd sandwich 

    That should quiet any "Lets start Shedeur as fast as possible" talk, you would think. 

    I'm still sticking with the thought that there is going to be a ton of fighting about these QBs this season while the actual Browns franchise QB is still playing college football this fall. 

  • @bbedward said:

    They are gonna have to eat Hopkins cap at this point, he turned into too big of a liability. 

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

  • @kvoethe said:

    Hawaii 5'9 seems to be the better Qb.  

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #28

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Hawaii 5’9… that’s pretty good, lol

    Maybe Hawaii 509 is better.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @orion said:

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    I would rather go with the young guy.  Hopkins is having the same problem he had with his last team.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Hopkins Cinderella season is the only reason for fan support still. I wanted the guy to be the next Dawson but he’s still consistently missing PATs. We can’t keep him anymore.

  • Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense. Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @vaportrail said:

    Gabriel reminds me of Colt Mccoy, but in a better offense. Stefanski hasn't asked him to push the ball downfield much, but he hasn't needed to.

    All true.  The good thing is he seems pretty accurate in tight spaces for the most part.  When teams game plan for him, he may be a little more susceptible to rookie mistakes.  All in all, none of our QBs or RBs want to play behind that last line we had out there.  Lotta learning ahead; but fixing mistakes on the fly sure gets expedited with a good line up front.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I would guess Hopkins gets the nod to start the season, but the leash will be short.

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #32

    @orion said:

    I'll take the counterpoint.  I think Hopkins gets the boot....or gets an encounter with the Grim Turk.  

    He might.  That said, he was on fire before that puzzling Flugel pulls every last hair out of his head move watch his decision "hey I think I can catch this KR."  After that, he's never been the same.  He isn't looking bad this year; but that's a hefty contract.  Being from Upstate NY - Syracuse was always my 2nd favorite team. To give you an idea how good they were - my favorite team (Ohio State) was televised at least twice as much.  See what happens when ya win?

    Former Groza Award winner as the nation's best kicker in college football as a true freshman at Syracuse sure made Andre Szmydt an interesting signing here.  Syracuse plays in a dome - Cleveland does not.  The other Groza Award winner Arizona (Zane Gonzalez) Kicked in a warm & dry climate - Cleveland kickers kick in a Great Lake climate that ain't dry that includes cold temperatures and swirling winds off the lake.  The here and now - he drilled the game winning kick right down the middle. I wouldn't mind it if he could upgrade the accuracy and reliability especially when it all comes down to FG in the closing seconds...

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

  • I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @ballpeen said:

    I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    Good question.  I don't really find much info on how the kickers are doing; but that might be because I'm not looking for it.  

    While we're at it - our Punter Corey Bojorquez looked good.  When this guy stays healthy - he's a very good punter.  

  • I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ballpeen said:

    I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    Hopkins is on thin ice IMHO. He missed 6 FGs & 3 XPs last year, has missed 2 XPs in preseason. 

    He was very good in 2023 & they extended his contract. I don't know what happened to his psych, but it's not good 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Anyone with a Facebook account should check out this clip on the game Adin Huntington had. . .
     

    https://fb.watch/BIx4BKdNvX/?

  • Anyone with a Facebook account should check out this clip on the game Adin Huntington had. . .
     

    https://fb.watch/BIx4BKdNvX/?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @canton-dawg said:

    Anyone with a Facebook account should check out this clip on the game Adin Huntington had. . .
     

    https://fb.watch/BIx4BKdNvX/?

    He's been doing this every game.

  • Anyone with a Facebook account should check out this clip on the game Adin Huntington had. . .
     

    https://fb.watch/BIx4BKdNvX/?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @canton-dawg said:

    Anyone with a Facebook account should check out this clip on the game Adin Huntington had. . .
     

    https://fb.watch/BIx4BKdNvX/?

    Low man wins. How did this guy not get drafted? I know it’s one game but goodness…

    To quote Oliver Twist, “please sir, l want some more.”

  • I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @ballpeen said:

    I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    According the back of my envelope:   But boy when Hopkins missed that XP against the Rams, he missed it by a mile.  Looked like one of my pull-hooks off the tee.  

    Hopkins   PAT = 4 of 6    FG = 3 for 3,     23, 28, 46

    Szmyt      PAT = 1  of 1     FG = 3 for 3,     33, 37, 49

  • @ballpeen said:

    I haven't paid attention to his kicking in camp.  Has he displayed inaccuracy?  I know that Hopkins has.

    According the back of my envelope:   But boy when Hopkins missed that XP against the Rams, he missed it by a mile.  Looked like one of my pull-hooks off the tee.  

    Hopkins   PAT = 4 of 6    FG = 3 for 3,     23, 28, 46

    Szmyt      PAT = 1  of 1     FG = 3 for 3,     33, 37, 49

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @orion said:

    According the back of my envelope:   But boy when Hopkins missed that XP against the Rams, he missed it by a mile.  Looked like one of my pull-hooks off the tee.  

    Hopkins   PAT = 4 of 6    FG = 3 for 3,     23, 28, 46

    Szmyt      PAT = 1  of 1     FG = 3 for 3,     33, 37, 49

    I knew Hopkins missed some PAT's.  I wasn't sure about Szmyt.

  • @orion said:

    According the back of my envelope:   But boy when Hopkins missed that XP against the Rams, he missed it by a mile.  Looked like one of my pull-hooks off the tee.  

    Hopkins   PAT = 4 of 6    FG = 3 for 3,     23, 28, 46

    Szmyt      PAT = 1  of 1     FG = 3 for 3,     33, 37, 49

    I knew Hopkins missed some PAT's.  I wasn't sure about Szmyt.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @ballpeen said:

    I knew Hopkins missed some PAT's

    I don't see how anyone can have any faith in him.  If I had been running TC I'd have had 2 kickers in camp but neither would've been Hopkins.  And I'd keep shuffling them in and out until I found one that could kick it straight.  

  • @ballpeen said:

    I knew Hopkins missed some PAT's

    I don't see how anyone can have any faith in him.  If I had been running TC I'd have had 2 kickers in camp but neither would've been Hopkins.  And I'd keep shuffling them in and out until I found one that could kick it straight.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @orion said:

    I don't see how anyone can have any faith in him.  If I had been running TC I'd have had 2 kickers in camp but neither would've been Hopkins.  And I'd keep shuffling them in and out until I found one that could kick it straight.  

    With us signing Hopkins to a guaranteed contract, having him in camp was a given.