Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Ravens

The Browns Board
24 10 456
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #8

    Browns Injury Report

    • OL Joel Bitonio - Rest - Limited to Full
    • OL Jack Conklin - Eye, Elbow - Limited
    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Limited
    • OT Dawand Jones - Knee - Limited
    • RB Quinshon Judkins - Not injury related - DNP to Full
    • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder, Achilles - Limited

    Ravens Injury Report

    • CB Jaire Alexander - Knee - Limited to Full
    • TE Isaiah Likely - Foot - DNP
    • DT Nnamdi Madubuike - Ankle - DNP to Limited
    • FB Patrick Ricard - Calf - DNP
  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I have a good feeling about this game, it will be close. 

    Which of course could mean heartache for us, but remember despite his critics, Stefanski is pretty good vs the AFC North. 

    The comments above make perfect sense as to why the Ratbirds may win, especially due to our offense not making plays when needed. However, the Ratbirds D is very very vulnerable. 

    Survive the 1st quarter, then it's a ballgame folks. 

  • Delpit needs to STFU up about Derrick Henry. Why pour gasoline on the fire? 

    And ask JOK about tackling Derrick Henry. He injured his neck trying to tackle him almost a year ago and may never play football again. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Delpit needs to STFU up about Derrick Henry.

    I hear ya Bernie!  If Delpit ever watched any film he'd be exercising his right to remain silent instead of abusing his freedom of speech...  

  • Browns Injury Report

    • OL Joel Bitonio - Rest - Limited to Full
    • OL Jack Conklin - Eye, Elbow - Limited
    • DT Mike Hall Jr. - Knee - Limited
    • OT Dawand Jones - Knee - Limited
    • RB Quinshon Judkins - Not injury related - DNP to Full
    • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder, Achilles - Limited

    Ravens Injury Report

    • CB Jaire Alexander - Knee - Limited to Full
    • TE Isaiah Likely - Foot - DNP
    • DT Nnamdi Madubuike - Ankle - DNP to Limited
    • FB Patrick Ricard - Calf - DNP
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @orion said:

    Browns Injury Report

    • OL Jack Conklin - Eye, Elbow - Limited
    • OT Dawand Jones - Knee - Limited

    How about that for a dejavue?

  • I have a good feeling about this game, it will be close. 

    Which of course could mean heartache for us, but remember despite his critics, Stefanski is pretty good vs the AFC North. 

    The comments above make perfect sense as to why the Ratbirds may win, especially due to our offense not making plays when needed. However, the Ratbirds D is very very vulnerable. 

    Survive the 1st quarter, then it's a ballgame folks. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bob806 said:

    I have a good feeling about this game, it will be close. 

    Which of course could mean heartache for us, but remember despite his critics, Stefanski is pretty good vs the AFC North. 

    The comments above make perfect sense as to why the Ratbirds may win, especially due to our offense not making plays when needed. However, the Ratbirds D is very very vulnerable. 

    Survive the 1st quarter, then it's a ballgame folks. 

    It's a pretty scary matchup for anyone.  Buffalo had to score a ratload of points to beat a load of rats.  With the worry of how easily Lamar breaks contain outside (spreading defenses horizontally) - look what that did to the running lanes inside for Derrick Henry at Buffalo.  Come to think of it, it wasn't difficult for Lamar to exploit those running lanes either.  The vice versa here is while Dlines keep their gap integrity - it's never a guarantee the outside contain will be any easier against Lamar or Henry for that matter.  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    judkins to play ? 

  • sydS syd

    judkins to play ? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @syd said:

    judkins to play ? 

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

  • @syd said:

    judkins to play ? 

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @orion said:

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    They have until Sat afternoon to decide whether to activate him for the game or not.

  • @syd said:

    judkins to play ? 

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    Me either to the first part in bold & me too with the last part in bold.  Way to think like this 2nd round draft pick is an investment.  You're hired!!! 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Ravens -11.

  • @syd said:

    judkins to play ? 

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @orion said:

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    11 point dogs - What do we have to lose?  

  • @orion said:

    I wouldn't play him.  He hadn't been with the team since June.   I'd have him suite up and sit with Sanders.  Maybe bring him in as a decoy for a play.  Perhaps a carry or two before the game is over.  I know that's easier for a RB to jump into the lineup than other skilled positions...but he missed all of the preseason, all of TC, didn't even participate in Wednesday's practice....has never played in an NFL game.  I'd also be concerned about pulled muscles and stuff as TC is important for getting your body in game shape.

    11 point dogs - What do we have to lose?  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @sdbacker80 said:

    11 point dogs - What do we have to lose?  

    ...the player.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    11 point dogs - What do we have to lose?  

    ...the player.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    ...the player.

    We lose players on Friday walk throughs

  • @orion said:

    ...the player.

    We lose players on Friday walk throughs

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We lose players on Friday walk throughs

    True enough.  🙂  

  • @orion said:

    ...the player.

    We lose players on Friday walk throughs

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We lose players on Friday walk throughs

    They can be quite stressful these days.  Meanwhile we have an owner with the biggest crush on the wrong Manning...  All I can think of is the voice of Dr Frasier Crane - "Hello Cleveland - I'm listening..."

  • The Bengals did some interesting things in the running game and hurt us with it.  Then they went away from it.   The Ravens won't make that mistake. 

     The amount of explosive plays the Browns generated on 1st down...

    1.  

    The Browns 1st down offense produced...

    0 explosive runs 

    2.3ypc 

     With the exception of a designed screen to Isiah Bond, the Browns didn't have a single 1st down throw completed to a WR between the 20s. 

      Should the Ravens copy the Bengals defense and run more 2 high, if the Browns don't find more efficient runs on early downs to punish the -1... then it's going to be a long day. 

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tiamat63 said:

    The Bengals did some interesting things in the running game and hurt us with it.  Then they went away from it.   The Ravens won't make that mistake. 

    I have no idea how Zac Taylor ever managed to make it to a super bowl. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The Bengals did some interesting things in the running game and hurt us with it.  Then they went away from it.   The Ravens won't make that mistake. 

    I have no idea how Zac Taylor ever managed to make it to a super bowl. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @bbedward said:

    I have no idea how Zac Taylor ever managed to make it to a super bowl. 

    #9