Joe Burrow... Out!
-
Turf toe, an unusual injury for a QB. I was at a Cincyish area sports bar when he went down. There were multiple “the season’s over!” refrains from the Bengals faithful around me.
Much of this morning was spent with “Burrow watch ‘25” until the news came out, only to be followed up by what a good backup QB Browning is.
-
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
-
Joe is fragile... And has a shitbag personality.. He's supremely talented... But... There's Karma..
-
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17590-turf-toe
Makes sense that it would be a big problem, with possible torn ligaments in your big toe.
They need a better, more catastrophic-sounding name for it though. "Turf Toe" makes it sound like a stubbed toe or something lame. ?
-
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
Big toe is super important for acceleration. Cincinnati made a dumbass move switching to turf. Lionel Messi (GOAT soccer player) refuses to play on these artificial surfaces. I have no idea why the NFL allows them still. Lower extremity injury rate is way higher on artificial turf.
-
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
Big toe is super important for acceleration. Cincinnati made a dumbass move switching to turf. Lionel Messi (GOAT soccer player) refuses to play on these artificial surfaces. I have no idea why the NFL allows them still. Lower extremity injury rate is way higher on artificial turf.
Big toe is super important for acceleration. Cincinnati made a dumbass move switching to turf. Lionel Messi (GOAT soccer player) refuses to play on these artificial surfaces. I have no idea why the NFL allows them still. Lower extremity injury rate is way higher on artificial turf.
I hate that Ohio State also has Field Turf, but from what I've heard/read they really, really struggle to keep grass alive at Ohio Stadium for some reason, hence the fake turf.
I don't think I'll ever get used to the Browns playing on turf once they move to Brookpark, assuming it actually happens.
-
The FieldTurf has GOT to be better than that old artificial turf carpet over concrete that used to be the norm.
The FieldTurf has GOT to be better than that old artificial turf carpet over concrete that used to be the norm.
It is.
My high school was actually one of the first places in the nation to install it back in 1999. Definitely has more give than Astroturf, which was just a thin carpet on top of concrete.
-
Big toe is super important for acceleration. Cincinnati made a dumbass move switching to turf. Lionel Messi (GOAT soccer player) refuses to play on these artificial surfaces. I have no idea why the NFL allows them still. Lower extremity injury rate is way higher on artificial turf.
I hate that Ohio State also has Field Turf, but from what I've heard/read they really, really struggle to keep grass alive at Ohio Stadium for some reason, hence the fake turf.
I don't think I'll ever get used to the Browns playing on turf once they move to Brookpark, assuming it actually happens.
I hate that Ohio State also has Field Turf, but from what I've heard/read they really, really struggle to keep grass alive at Ohio Stadium for some reason, hence the fake turf.
I don't think I'll ever get used to the Browns playing on turf once they move to Brookpark, assuming it actually happens.
Agree.
Where's Eric Metcalf when you need him lol. The quick guys excel on turf, that's about it, maybe a punter with the bounces
-
Who has a better shot at wildcard, Browns or Bengals?
I wonder if they trade for a QB like CousinsWho has a better shot at wildcard, Browns or Bengals?
I wonder if they trade for a QB like CousinsThe Browns' roster has some nice players but after two games, it's clear the offense isn't playoff worthy.
WRs not separating, dropping balls. It's causing a very conservative approach, which gets you nowhere
Still way too early but my optimism is dying.
-
Turf toe is no joke. Jack Lambert, Deion Sanders and Steve McNair all retired because of complications from it
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17590-turf-toe
Makes sense that it would be a big problem, with possible torn ligaments in your big toe.
They need a better, more catastrophic-sounding name for it though. "Turf Toe" makes it sound like a stubbed toe or something lame. ?
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17590-turf-toe
Makes sense that it would be a big problem, with possible torn ligaments in your big toe.
They need a better, more catastrophic-sounding name for it though. "Turf Toe" makes it sound like a stubbed toe or something lame. ?
Yeah, they give these severe injuries benign sounding names to hide how horrific the injuries from the sport are. "High ankle sprain" is another when it's actually the bones of the lower leg that are separated and or broken.
-
The FieldTurf has GOT to be better than that old artificial turf carpet over concrete that used to be the norm.
It is.
My high school was actually one of the first places in the nation to install it back in 1999. Definitely has more give than Astroturf, which was just a thin carpet on top of concrete.
It is.
My high school was actually one of the first places in the nation to install it back in 1999. Definitely has more give than Astroturf, which was just a thin carpet on top of concrete.
my son while in high school played rugby on that crap,they hated it
-
-
"This lil piggy went to the... "WHAT?!?!"
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login