Skip to content

For the haters

The Browns Board
521 23 9.9k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    Hi Tex, good to see you. Calling me Cal isn't an insult so if that's what you're going for.. anyway I just post this to underscore the fact that Haslem stefanski deepodasta and maybe even bury are idiots Gue Jackson too. Also without a doubt I was right and the baker haters were wrong. The kid is still achieving comebacks against very good teams unlike anyone before Horseman of the Browns apocalypse have had under Center. Combine that with the assets we flushed down the toilet for Watson. Sorry to upset you guys. Well, not really.

    WSS

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    R Reality wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    Agree with almost all of this.

    But has Baker shown #1 overall value/ability, especially with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in that same draft? 

    Why would Depodesta be who you think is the guilty party for the Watson trade?  

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    Agree with almost all of this.

    But has Baker shown #1 overall value/ability, especially with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in that same draft? 

    Why would Depodesta be who you think is the guilty party for the Watson trade?  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @reality said:

    Agree with almost all of this.

    But has Baker shown #1 overall value/ability, especially with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in that same draft? 

    Why would Depodesta be who you think is the guilty party for the Watson trade?  

    I'll answer your last question first. regarding Depodesta... We'll never know for sure how much influence Paul had regarding trades or drafting. So if you want to say the trade for Watson was a collective organizational FUBAR, you won't get any disagreement from me.  🙂  

    Regarding the 2025 edition of Baker...  OK, if you twist my arm, I'm going to have to say TO DATE Allen and Jackson were better values in that draft. LOL Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen were not.  🙂 

    Now a little back story on myself... If you notice my sig line- one of me hobbies was mountaineering (now retired). To tout my own horn (a little bit) I've climbed the three highest peaks in Wyoming- Gannet Peak, The Grand Teton, and Fremont Peak.  So I have a soft spot in my heart for the state. I've visited the University of Wyoming campus in Laramie at least three times.  So I had more than a passing interest in that wunderkid Josh Allen when he played there. He was a very inaccurate cannon armed kid at the time. Reports were he could toss it 90+ yards in the air (unconfirmed). My feeling was a hard pass at the time.  

    Ah, Lamar Jackson...  Another (lucky for the Ravens) fluke. At the combine, teams wanted Jackson to try out for wide receiver, and run a 40 (he refused). I said at the time he was essentially a running back who incindentally was able to pass the ball.  His running ability was\is unquestioned, and he's now #1 with a bullet having amassed the most rushing yards by a quarterback in the history of the NFL. His passing ability was another story entirely. BUT thanks to his incredible athletic ability (and some mighty good coaching I might add) he's turned into a pretty good quarterback besides.  

  • @westside-steve said:

    Hi Tex, good to see you. Calling me Cal isn't an insult so if that's what you're going for.. anyway I just post this to underscore the fact that Haslem stefanski deepodasta and maybe even bury are idiots Gue Jackson too. Also without a doubt I was right and the baker haters were wrong. The kid is still achieving comebacks against very good teams unlike anyone before Horseman of the Browns apocalypse have had under Center. Combine that with the assets we flushed down the toilet for Watson. Sorry to upset you guys. Well, not really.

    WSS

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    But let me repeat that you're wrong about most of this but especially your first statement. It's not the players decision as to whether he goes on the field or sits on the bench. That's up to the head coach. If in fact Baker bullied stefanski and to putting him on the field that's odds to fansky. Which means he shouldn't be a head coach. And yes there are other indicators. Number two? Acquiescing to whoever stuck him with Watson. I know you'll understand a Beatles quote, take these broken wings and learn to fly. And if stefanski is the quarterback Whisperer he might look for a new moniker. He has s*** the bed with a string of quarterbacks since he ran Baker off. Brady bailed on the Buccaneers with the infrastructure started to crumble. Baker took the rains and keep them at least respectable. But if you haters are still going on about maturity I haven't seen that change much. Still gung ho tunnel vision team before everything attitude. And hindsight is absolutely 20/20. I think my plan to build around the coach of the year era quarterback would have paid off. At least better than anybody they've replaced him with. Because admit it that's where the slide started and earnest. Not as ridiculously as the Hue Jackson era but damn close.

    WSS

  • @orion said:

    ...but why would you do that for a player that plays in another conference?

    I mean, I clicked the thread because your name was on it and you never post anymore.

    Thanks for noticing Orion...  I miss some of you guys more than others... It's the neurotic others that have driven me away.  Here's a little follow up.  I just don't get the continuing Baker love from some posters.  I'm not into the coulda, shoulda- but didn't. Baker hasn't played for the Browns in years. That he's playing well now for Tampa Bay- great. MHO the Mayfield lovers who STILL can't let it go are swallowing a huge mouthful of sour grapes, and we have NO idea how it would have turned out if we somehow had stuck with him.  

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions than Baker is doing with the Bucs.  

    And to our resident Josh Allen pumper... How many of Allen's games at Wyoming did you actually watch? Hmmm? If it was less than six, shut your pie hole. Blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.  Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards 75% of the time back then. FWIW, I could equally have been a pansy and said damn... We sure as shit should have drafted Pat Mahomes- who had EXACTLY the same questions coming out of college as Allen.  ?

    Well, back to bike riding and ignoring the crap that goes on here.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions

    I always liked Goff.  I felt badly for him for what the Rams did to him...but they got their super bowl win.  My 2nd favorite team (distant 2nd) has always been Roman Gabriel and the Rams (and now Stafford and co.)...but I've been pulling for the Lions and Goff to do well since he was discarded to the Lions.

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    But let me repeat that you're wrong about most of this but especially your first statement. It's not the players decision as to whether he goes on the field or sits on the bench. That's up to the head coach. If in fact Baker bullied stefanski and to putting him on the field that's odds to fansky. Which means he shouldn't be a head coach. And yes there are other indicators. Number two? Acquiescing to whoever stuck him with Watson. I know you'll understand a Beatles quote, take these broken wings and learn to fly. And if stefanski is the quarterback Whisperer he might look for a new moniker. He has s*** the bed with a string of quarterbacks since he ran Baker off. Brady bailed on the Buccaneers with the infrastructure started to crumble. Baker took the rains and keep them at least respectable. But if you haters are still going on about maturity I haven't seen that change much. Still gung ho tunnel vision team before everything attitude. And hindsight is absolutely 20/20. I think my plan to build around the coach of the year era quarterback would have paid off. At least better than anybody they've replaced him with. Because admit it that's where the slide started and earnest. Not as ridiculously as the Hue Jackson era but damn close.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

     But if you haters are still going on about maturity

    WSS

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    @orion said:

    I always liked Goff.  I felt badly for him for what the Rams did to him...

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

  • @westside-steve said:

     But if you haters are still going on about maturity

    WSS

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    @orion said:

    I always liked Goff.  I felt badly for him for what the Rams did to him...

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    By shipping him off to Detroit as if he was being sent to Siberia.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    By shipping him off to Detroit as if he was being sent to Siberia.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    By shipping him off to Detroit as if he was being sent to Siberia.

     Those winters can be Siberia-esque. 

     I think it's a rare win-win trade. The Rams got a fringe HoF QB and a Superbowl. The Lions got a top 15 QB and a ton of draft capital. 

     But we've seen in LA, and had glimpses in DET, that Goff can struggled badly, even with elite talent around him. And the Lions have elite talent.   So the Rams assessment that he did and may continue to hold them back, looks more vindicate with time. 

    That said, I'm happy he's in DET and I pull for my fellow NFC rust belt brothers. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry Steve hindsight is always 20\20.  FWIW, Baker tried to play hero ball with a bum wing, and he virtually tanked that season because of it. Fact. 

    Were the Browns wrong to dump him? Guess Carolina thought the same. LA didn't need his services either. Wound up at the Last Chance Saloon in Tampa Bay and a few years after the fact regained his #1 overall draft pick playing ability. So tell me Steve should the Browns have waited another three years for Mayfield to grow up? Many have said he needed to find some humility first. 

    Yeah Watson- worst trade in the history of the NFL shocking more haven't been fired because of it. With Depodesta leaving, I'm going to finger him as the guilty party, with a close second to Haslam for OK-ing that dumb of a trade. 

    Agree with almost all of this.

    But has Baker shown #1 overall value/ability, especially with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in that same draft? 

    Why would Depodesta be who you think is the guilty party for the Watson trade?  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    Agree with almost all of this.

    But has Baker shown #1 overall value/ability, especially with Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in that same draft? 

    Why would Depodesta be who you think is the guilty party for the Watson trade?  

    Good point - and it's probably a good time we start including the late emergence of Sam Darnold with that draft.  That turned out to be a very strong draft class - showing each QB had different obstacles to hurdle. Some more than others - depending on surrounding talent, offensive coaches in charge of their learning & development, and each QB's conceptualization of the playbook in tandem with how long it took him to be able to function and succeed at the speed of the NFL game (above and beyond all inevitable growing pains).  

  • @orion said:

    By shipping him off to Detroit as if he was being sent to Siberia.

     Those winters can be Siberia-esque. 

     I think it's a rare win-win trade. The Rams got a fringe HoF QB and a Superbowl. The Lions got a top 15 QB and a ton of draft capital. 

     But we've seen in LA, and had glimpses in DET, that Goff can struggled badly, even with elite talent around him. And the Lions have elite talent.   So the Rams assessment that he did and may continue to hold them back, looks more vindicate with time. 

    That said, I'm happy he's in DET and I pull for my fellow NFC rust belt brothers. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think it's a rare win-win trade. The Rams got a fringe HoF

    Stafford didn't bring the Lions to any superbowls.  They've each brought the Rams to superbowls.  But since the Stafford superbowl the Rams haven't done a whole lot.

    The worst part of the Rams trading for the veteran QB and going on to win the superbowl was that it showed the Haslam Gang a path to a superbowl.  Thus...Watson...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I think it's a rare win-win trade. The Rams got a fringe HoF

    Stafford didn't bring the Lions to any superbowls.  They've each brought the Rams to superbowls.  But since the Stafford superbowl the Rams haven't done a whole lot.

    The worst part of the Rams trading for the veteran QB and going on to win the superbowl was that it showed the Haslam Gang a path to a superbowl.  Thus...Watson...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    They've each brought the Rams to superbowls. 

    Each brought the Rams to the Superbowl.

    Only one lead the Rams to the Superbowl win though.

    @orion said:

    But since the Stafford superbowl the Rams haven't done a whole lot.

     A team that mortgaged the farm for said Superbowl.  On top battling injuries and losing an aging veteran core have been some of the primary drivers behind that.  They sacrificed long term draft capital for a short term gain (Superbowl) 

    The results have been a bit better than I think you're leading on.  They had a losing record in 2022 then immediately jumped back into the playoffs the last two seasons.   The biggest reason is that they had some pick draft hits in the middle and late rounders that worked out to surround Stafford with.  So that multi-year rebuild never really ended up happening.

    @orion said:

    The worst part of the Rams trading for the veteran QB and going on to win the superbowl was that it showed the Haslam Gang a path to a superbowl.  Thus...Watson...

    Sadly, yes.    Wasn't just the Brownies though.  Denver fell for that same trap with Russell Wilson. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    I wish our Browns had this kind of team spirit, and energy.

    not with steboringski as head coach.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/4316202858660892

  • @orion said:

    ...but why would you do that for a player that plays in another conference?

    I mean, I clicked the thread because your name was on it and you never post anymore.

    Thanks for noticing Orion...  I miss some of you guys more than others... It's the neurotic others that have driven me away.  Here's a little follow up.  I just don't get the continuing Baker love from some posters.  I'm not into the coulda, shoulda- but didn't. Baker hasn't played for the Browns in years. That he's playing well now for Tampa Bay- great. MHO the Mayfield lovers who STILL can't let it go are swallowing a huge mouthful of sour grapes, and we have NO idea how it would have turned out if we somehow had stuck with him.  

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions than Baker is doing with the Bucs.  

    And to our resident Josh Allen pumper... How many of Allen's games at Wyoming did you actually watch? Hmmm? If it was less than six, shut your pie hole. Blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.  Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards 75% of the time back then. FWIW, I could equally have been a pansy and said damn... We sure as shit should have drafted Pat Mahomes- who had EXACTLY the same questions coming out of college as Allen.  ?

    Well, back to bike riding and ignoring the crap that goes on here.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Thanks for noticing Orion...  I miss some of you guys more than others... It's the neurotic others that have driven me away.  Here's a little follow up.  I just don't get the continuing Baker love from some posters.  I'm not into the coulda, shoulda- but didn't. Baker hasn't played for the Browns in years. That he's playing well now for Tampa Bay- great. MHO the Mayfield lovers who STILL can't let it go are swallowing a huge mouthful of sour grapes, and we have NO idea how it would have turned out if we somehow had stuck with him.  

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions than Baker is doing with the Bucs.  

    And to our resident Josh Allen pumper... How many of Allen's games at Wyoming did you actually watch? Hmmm? If it was less than six, shut your pie hole. Blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.  Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards 75% of the time back then. FWIW, I could equally have been a pansy and said damn... We sure as shit should have drafted Pat Mahomes- who had EXACTLY the same questions coming out of college as Allen.  ?

    Well, back to bike riding and ignoring the crap that goes on here.  

    Good to see ya Larry!  Pop back in any time.   We'll still be hearing about Josh Allen when you your return...

  • @hoorta said:

    Thanks for noticing Orion...  I miss some of you guys more than others... It's the neurotic others that have driven me away.  Here's a little follow up.  I just don't get the continuing Baker love from some posters.  I'm not into the coulda, shoulda- but didn't. Baker hasn't played for the Browns in years. That he's playing well now for Tampa Bay- great. MHO the Mayfield lovers who STILL can't let it go are swallowing a huge mouthful of sour grapes, and we have NO idea how it would have turned out if we somehow had stuck with him.  

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions than Baker is doing with the Bucs.  

    And to our resident Josh Allen pumper... How many of Allen's games at Wyoming did you actually watch? Hmmm? If it was less than six, shut your pie hole. Blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.  Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 20 yards 75% of the time back then. FWIW, I could equally have been a pansy and said damn... We sure as shit should have drafted Pat Mahomes- who had EXACTLY the same questions coming out of college as Allen.  ?

    Well, back to bike riding and ignoring the crap that goes on here.  

    Good to see ya Larry!  Pop back in any time.   We'll still be hearing about Josh Allen when you your return...

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Good to see ya Larry!  Pop back in any time.   We'll still be hearing about Josh Allen when you your return...

    And Baker, of course.

    FoR tHe HaTeRs!

  • I wish our Browns had this kind of team spirit, and energy.

    not with steboringski as head coach.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/4316202858660892

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wish our Browns had this kind of team spirit, and energy.

    not with steboringski as head coach.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/4316202858660892

    Yeah, it's been tough watching no energy or team spirit whatsoever from Schwesinger, Garrett, Graham, Ward, Delpit, Fannin, Njoku, Judkins, Teller, Bitonio and others.   ?

    In fairness to your point - the offense is stale with Stefanski's playbook; but how much can you do without pass protection from the 2 OTs despite changing who calls the plays now?

  • @hoorta said:

    I have more interest now in how Goff is doing with the Lions

    I always liked Goff.  I felt badly for him for what the Rams did to him...but they got their super bowl win.  My 2nd favorite team (distant 2nd) has always been Roman Gabriel and the Rams (and now Stafford and co.)...but I've been pulling for the Lions and Goff to do well since he was discarded to the Lions.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    My 2nd favorite team (distant 2nd) has always been Roman Gabriel and the Rams 

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

  • @orion said:

    My 2nd favorite team (distant 2nd) has always been Roman Gabriel and the Rams 

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

       My favorite RB was Leroy Kelly. Favorite OL was obviously Joe Thomas. QB = Kosar. CB Dixon. LB - Clay Mathews (and Schwesinger reminds me of him bigtime). Although, when I was a kid, Galen Fiss was an outstanding lb favorite...

  • @orion said:

    My 2nd favorite team (distant 2nd) has always been Roman Gabriel and the Rams 

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

    Yes! Gabe would toss the ball to Jack Snow and Lance Rentzel.

    BTW, Jim Brown, Y.A. Tittle, Vince Lombardi, Andy Robustelli, Frank “Bruiser” Kinard, Norm Van Brocklin, and Bill Hewitt were inducted into the HOF that day.

    Even though I was just a kid in 1971, that day at the HOF stuck in my memory bank for the rest of my life. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Roman Gabriel is my all time favorite player. I met him during the HOF festivities as a kid, and I still has some of his football cards.

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @flugel said:

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

    I'm so damn old I remember Huarte to Snow when they were at Notre Dame. Sad that Snow died at age 62.

  • @flugel said:

    Wow! I remember watching him as a little kid throwing to Jack Snow...

    I'm so damn old I remember Huarte to Snow when they were at Notre Dame. Sad that Snow died at age 62.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm so damn old I remember Huarte to Snow when they were are Notre Dame. Sad that Snow died at age 62.

    Every day is a gift my man!