Skip to content

For the haters

The Browns Board
521 23 9.9k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Good point - and it's probably a good time we start including the late emergence of Sam Darnold with that draft.  That turned out to be a very strong draft class - showing each QB had different obstacles to hurdle. Some more than others - depending on surrounding talent, offensive coaches in charge of their learning & development, and each QB's conceptualization of the playbook in tandem with how long it took him to be able to function and succeed at the speed of the NFL game (above and beyond all inevitable growing pains).  

    Well put.  Just like in the rest of life, people grow and develop at different paces. 

    In regards to Darnold, I am still on pumpkin watch.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    Well put.  Just like in the rest of life, people grow and develop at different paces. 

    In regards to Darnold, I am still on pumpkin watch.

    Thanks  - good points!  I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thinking on Darnold.  For some reason he reminds me of Jim Plunkett who flunked it with the Patriots & 49ers before leading the Raiders to 2 SB Championships and being named SB MVP.  That said, he might have the worst career TD:INT ratio of anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame with 164:198 over his 15 year career.

  • @reality said:

    Well put.  Just like in the rest of life, people grow and develop at different paces. 

    In regards to Darnold, I am still on pumpkin watch.

    Thanks  - good points!  I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thinking on Darnold.  For some reason he reminds me of Jim Plunkett who flunked it with the Patriots & 49ers before leading the Raiders to 2 SB Championships and being named SB MVP.  That said, he might have the worst career TD:INT ratio of anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame with 164:198 over his 15 year career.

    R Reality wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Thanks  - good points!  I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thinking on Darnold.  For some reason he reminds me of Jim Plunkett who flunked it with the Patriots & 49ers before leading the Raiders to 2 SB Championships and being named SB MVP.  That said, he might have the worst career TD:INT ratio of anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame with 164:198 over his 15 year career.

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks  - good points!  I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thinking on Darnold.  For some reason he reminds me of Jim Plunkett who flunked it with the Patriots & 49ers before leading the Raiders to 2 SB Championships and being named SB MVP.  That said, he might have the worst career TD:INT ratio of anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame with 164:198 over his 15 year career.

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    Yeah, that might even be a better comparison.  Darnold was a WR and LBer that didn't even play QB until his sophomore year in high school after the starting QB got injured.  He was a great athlete like Plunkett.  Plunkett was a State Champion Wrestler in high school (in California) as well as a great baseball player aside from being a QB and starting Defensive End.

    It's amazing what great athletes some of these guy are. Not to be outdone - Jeff George also played basketball & baseball. That doesn't really surprise with the hand-eye coordination he had on the gridiron.

  • @reality said:

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    Yeah, that might even be a better comparison.  Darnold was a WR and LBer that didn't even play QB until his sophomore year in high school after the starting QB got injured.  He was a great athlete like Plunkett.  Plunkett was a State Champion Wrestler in high school (in California) as well as a great baseball player aside from being a QB and starting Defensive End.

    It's amazing what great athletes some of these guy are. Not to be outdone - Jeff George also played basketball & baseball. That doesn't really surprise with the hand-eye coordination he had on the gridiron.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, that might even be a better comparison.  Darnold was a WR and LBer that didn't even play QB until his sophomore year in high school after the starting QB got injured.  He was a great athlete like Plunkett.  Plunkett was a State Champion Wrestler in high school (in California) as well as a great baseball player aside from being a QB and starting Defensive End.

    It's amazing what great athletes some of these guy are. Not to be outdone - Jeff George also played basketball & baseball. That doesn't really surprise with the hand-eye coordination he had on the gridiron.

    Mike Evans was a basketball player and that Aggie CB from another era Lester Hayes was a player on the undefeated state champ basketball team, Houston Wheatley. I think the NFL missed the boat in not making him a HOFer.

  • @westside-steve said:

     But if you haters are still going on about maturity

    WSS

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    @orion said:

    I always liked Goff.  I felt badly for him for what the Rams did to him...

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while? You should try that memory preparation the name of which slips me at the moment. But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while? You should try that memory preparation the name of which slips me at the moment. But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while? You should try that memory preparation the name of which slips me at the moment. But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    Prevegen?

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks  - good points!  I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thinking on Darnold.  For some reason he reminds me of Jim Plunkett who flunked it with the Patriots & 49ers before leading the Raiders to 2 SB Championships and being named SB MVP.  That said, he might have the worst career TD:INT ratio of anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame with 164:198 over his 15 year career.

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    Jeff George freelanced and was uncoachable... A head case..... Darnold seems to have his head on straight...

  • @westside-steve said:

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while? You should try that memory preparation the name of which slips me at the moment. But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    Prevegen?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Prevegen?

    Yes. That was actually the joke.

    WSS

  • @nickers said:

    Prevegen?

    Yes. That was actually the joke.

    WSS

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes. That was actually the joke.

    WSS

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yes. That was actually the joke.

    WSS

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @texasag1969 said:

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yes. That was actually the joke.

    WSS

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    Did you see her?  The bigger question is did she see you - you old rascal?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

    The guy who seemingly has the hots for his own mom busting a guy who is actually married balls? 

    Bold move, Cotton. ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And here I was thinking Cialis.?

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

    I'm 78+ and had laser surgery to the prostate, so draw your own conclusions.?

    @flugel said:

    Did you see her?  The bigger question is did she see you - you old rascal?

    As long as I can see her that helps even after 55 years+.?

  • @nickers said:

    Are you drawing from personal experience??

    I'm 78+ and had laser surgery to the prostate, so draw your own conclusions.?

    @flugel said:

    Did you see her?  The bigger question is did she see you - you old rascal?

    As long as I can see her that helps even after 55 years+.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm 78+ and had laser surgery to the prostate, so draw your own conclusions.?

    As long as I can see her that helps even after 55 years+.?

    ? Thatta boy Aggies!

  • @tiamat63 said:

     A grown man using the word "haters" like he's some kind of broke ass, local SoundCloud rapper... while following it up with the word "maturity". 

     Your posts always given me an amused smirk. 

    ... by surrounding him with elite talent? 

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while? You should try that memory preparation the name of which slips me at the moment. But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @westside-steve said:

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while?

     ....huh?  I don’t speak incoherent, please translate.  

    @westside-steve said:

    You should try that memory preparation 

    I believe that would be 'preparation H'

    @westside-steve said:

    But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    You once said "I know you don't like me"  and you're right - I don't.   

     While I doubt you have internal monolog, that inside voice which asks questions before you talk (post) maybe you should look at this exchange, really this entire thread, and ask yourself 'why?' 

     This thread really highlights it. 

    - You are the owner of a Browns forum, a Browns community. Yet you know fuck-all about the game of football.  

    - You rarely engage/post on the football side. 

    - You troll your own fan base. Your posts celebrate a player on another team. Almost actively rooting against the Browns. That reminds me, no updates from you since the Bucs went on their losing 3 of the last 4.  

    - You have the nerve to pop in, complaining *about* people complaining. Mostly revolving around non-existent stuff.    Then you hang the shutdown of the board over posters heads like an emotional anchor or ultimatum. 

    - You say the shutdown isn't related to money, but aggravation of running the board.   A poster with the financial and technical skillset has offered to take the whole thing off your hands AND make improvements.   Still no word on whether you're going to do the right thing and transfer ownership, or just to just be a dick and allow the site to lapse out of spite. 

    But hey, you love complaining about the complaints.  At this point I'm convinced it's an effeminate need for attention that some dudes have. 

     Begs the question - what reason(s) do I have to like you? 

    Tl:dr. You're a fucking clown, Steve. Stop whining like a bitch, hand the ownership of the board over and go find a Tampa Bay forum to spew your bullshit on. You bring nothing of value to the greater conversation that is the game of football.    

  • @reality said:

    Darnold I think more Jeff George type 

    Jeff George freelanced and was uncoachable... A head case..... Darnold seems to have his head on straight...

    R Reality wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Jeff George freelanced and was uncoachable... A head case..... Darnold seems to have his head on straight...

    I am more intending a guy highly drafted, with the physical talent, but can look like hot garbage, ahigh caliber starting QB, and everything in-between

  • @westside-steve said:

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while?

     ....huh?  I don’t speak incoherent, please translate.  

    @westside-steve said:

    You should try that memory preparation 

    I believe that would be 'preparation H'

    @westside-steve said:

    But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    You once said "I know you don't like me"  and you're right - I don't.   

     While I doubt you have internal monolog, that inside voice which asks questions before you talk (post) maybe you should look at this exchange, really this entire thread, and ask yourself 'why?' 

     This thread really highlights it. 

    - You are the owner of a Browns forum, a Browns community. Yet you know fuck-all about the game of football.  

    - You rarely engage/post on the football side. 

    - You troll your own fan base. Your posts celebrate a player on another team. Almost actively rooting against the Browns. That reminds me, no updates from you since the Bucs went on their losing 3 of the last 4.  

    - You have the nerve to pop in, complaining *about* people complaining. Mostly revolving around non-existent stuff.    Then you hang the shutdown of the board over posters heads like an emotional anchor or ultimatum. 

    - You say the shutdown isn't related to money, but aggravation of running the board.   A poster with the financial and technical skillset has offered to take the whole thing off your hands AND make improvements.   Still no word on whether you're going to do the right thing and transfer ownership, or just to just be a dick and allow the site to lapse out of spite. 

    But hey, you love complaining about the complaints.  At this point I'm convinced it's an effeminate need for attention that some dudes have. 

     Begs the question - what reason(s) do I have to like you? 

    Tl:dr. You're a fucking clown, Steve. Stop whining like a bitch, hand the ownership of the board over and go find a Tampa Bay forum to spew your bullshit on. You bring nothing of value to the greater conversation that is the game of football.    

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @tiamat63 said:

     ....huh?  I don’t speak incoherent, please translate.  

    I believe that would be 'preparation H'

    You once said "I know you don't like me"  and you're right - I don't.   

     While I doubt you have internal monolog, that inside voice which asks questions before you talk (post) maybe you should look at this exchange, really this entire thread, and ask yourself 'why?' 

     This thread really highlights it. 

    - You are the owner of a Browns forum, a Browns community. Yet you know fuck-all about the game of football.  

    - You rarely engage/post on the football side. 

    - You troll your own fan base. Your posts celebrate a player on another team. Almost actively rooting against the Browns. That reminds me, no updates from you since the Bucs went on their losing 3 of the last 4.  

    - You have the nerve to pop in, complaining *about* people complaining. Mostly revolving around non-existent stuff.    Then you hang the shutdown of the board over posters heads like an emotional anchor or ultimatum. 

    - You say the shutdown isn't related to money, but aggravation of running the board.   A poster with the financial and technical skillset has offered to take the whole thing off your hands AND make improvements.   Still no word on whether you're going to do the right thing and transfer ownership, or just to just be a dick and allow the site to lapse out of spite. 

    But hey, you love complaining about the complaints.  At this point I'm convinced it's an effeminate need for attention that some dudes have. 

     Begs the question - what reason(s) do I have to like you? 

    Tl:dr. You're a fucking clown, Steve. Stop whining like a bitch, hand the ownership of the board over and go find a Tampa Bay forum to spew your bullshit on. You bring nothing of value to the greater conversation that is the game of football.    

    Shirley Tiam is on another supreme fake ego rampage. This coming from a twerp who played football and anyone who doesn't kiss his hs diploma is his enemy. or, her enemy. Tiam, you are such a coward, you are afraid to do one mock draft. Would that shatter your fake highness? You are afraid to take part in the Brownsboard fantasy football stuff, but you want to dance around and curtsy to your few fans on this forum, and pout like you are the darth vader of this board. Seems to me, you don't like anyone who won't be a fan. "Oh, PULLLLEEEEZE follow my podcast (LOL LOL BLAH) because I'm so special because i was a real....tight end? and I can monday morning quarterback any team in the NFL so if you don't worship ME, then I will get mad and say sissy girlie mean things to you."

       Here's an idea, why don't you leave this board, start your own, take your few haters with you, and I don't care if you keep pretending you are better than Tom Brady, just go straight to a dance floor somewhere else.

      Wait, that is too long. 

    Why not take your extremely belligerent and pompous, bloviated arrogant ass somewhere else and have a nice day, Shirley?

    and grow the hell up...

    image.gif.edffad0e4daa7e264ae0cf36e5a6e6c8.gif

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Holy smokes, tia really got 'Ol' Wounded Knees' inferiority complex flaring this morning! ?

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Browns fans unite!

    I thought this thread was going to be about BenGals, Ratbirds, Steelers, or Broncos.

    Go Browns, get a W in Vegas

  • @westside-steve said:

    So the term Baker haters has slipped her mind after big tossed around here for quite a while?

     ....huh?  I don’t speak incoherent, please translate.  

    @westside-steve said:

    You should try that memory preparation 

    I believe that would be 'preparation H'

    @westside-steve said:

    But just go f*** yourself rise to your level of mature expectations?

    ?

    WSS

    You once said "I know you don't like me"  and you're right - I don't.   

     While I doubt you have internal monolog, that inside voice which asks questions before you talk (post) maybe you should look at this exchange, really this entire thread, and ask yourself 'why?' 

     This thread really highlights it. 

    - You are the owner of a Browns forum, a Browns community. Yet you know fuck-all about the game of football.  

    - You rarely engage/post on the football side. 

    - You troll your own fan base. Your posts celebrate a player on another team. Almost actively rooting against the Browns. That reminds me, no updates from you since the Bucs went on their losing 3 of the last 4.  

    - You have the nerve to pop in, complaining *about* people complaining. Mostly revolving around non-existent stuff.    Then you hang the shutdown of the board over posters heads like an emotional anchor or ultimatum. 

    - You say the shutdown isn't related to money, but aggravation of running the board.   A poster with the financial and technical skillset has offered to take the whole thing off your hands AND make improvements.   Still no word on whether you're going to do the right thing and transfer ownership, or just to just be a dick and allow the site to lapse out of spite. 

    But hey, you love complaining about the complaints.  At this point I'm convinced it's an effeminate need for attention that some dudes have. 

     Begs the question - what reason(s) do I have to like you? 

    Tl:dr. You're a fucking clown, Steve. Stop whining like a bitch, hand the ownership of the board over and go find a Tampa Bay forum to spew your bullshit on. You bring nothing of value to the greater conversation that is the game of football.    

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

      ....

    I know, I won't worship you, kiss your gay football ring, or follow your arrogant ass monday morning quarterbacking so you hate me too.

    I ...don't ....care...

    ************************

    image.gif.205182664ddfced9def0f66bd81592ac.gif