Time for Hawaii 5-9 to start!!
-
-
Well...different QB, but still less than 20 points.
And the same underwhelming mismanaging FO incapable of seeing what everyone on the board saw going into the offseason. OL rebuild. But on the plus side there is now a QB with a lot of upside instead of one in place who had nothing but downside going.
-
Well...different QB, but still less than 20 points.
And the same underwhelming mismanaging FO incapable of seeing what everyone on the board saw going into the offseason. OL rebuild. But on the plus side there is now a QB with a lot of upside instead of one in place who had nothing but downside going.
And the same underwhelming mismanaging FO incapable of seeing what everyone on the board saw going into the offseason. OL rebuild. But on the plus side there is now a QB with a lot of upside instead of one in place who had nothing but downside going.
That poor #72 at LT. It's not his fault he's the best this FO was WILLING to do. They saved tremendous time and $ to treat us to a blend of his incapability and inexperience incapable of pass pro without shortcuts inviting penalty flags. I'll say this - on one of his holds he made a beautiful text book tackle but that wasn't a ball carrier... In addition, the Cam Robinson idea only fooled the crap out of THIS owner.
Does it really matter how good the next group of top QB Prospects are; and/or whether the Browns are in position to draft the top guy or not?
I could see them falling in love with Allar; while reminding each other that Josh Allen wasn't a finished product in college either...
Depodesta: "Did you hear that 1st Yes Sir?"
Andrew Berry: "Yeah, I had to change my underwear because of it!"
Depodesta: "He's 6'5" tall too! Where are you going Andrew?"
Andrew Berry: "I gotta change my underwear again."
-
And the same underwhelming mismanaging FO incapable of seeing what everyone on the board saw going into the offseason. OL rebuild. But on the plus side there is now a QB with a lot of upside instead of one in place who had nothing but downside going.
That poor #72 at LT. It's not his fault he's the best this FO was WILLING to do. They saved tremendous time and $ to treat us to a blend of his incapability and inexperience incapable of pass pro without shortcuts inviting penalty flags. I'll say this - on one of his holds he made a beautiful text book tackle but that wasn't a ball carrier... In addition, the Cam Robinson idea only fooled the crap out of THIS owner.
Does it really matter how good the next group of top QB Prospects are; and/or whether the Browns are in position to draft the top guy or not?
I could see them falling in love with Allar; while reminding each other that Josh Allen wasn't a finished product in college either...
Depodesta: "Did you hear that 1st Yes Sir?"
Andrew Berry: "Yeah, I had to change my underwear because of it!"
Depodesta: "He's 6'5" tall too! Where are you going Andrew?"
Andrew Berry: "I gotta change my underwear again."
That poor #72 at LT
Yeah, 68 & 72 were unimpressive. Robinson's only been with the team a handful of days. And part of them were sightseeing in England. Judkins snuck in a 110 yards rushing, but it didn't feel like 110 yards. The offense just plain struggled. Sadly, we all know too well, it all starts with the OL. But you've got to have the QB or else nothing else matters. Two absolute Key pieces of the offense.
-
That poor #72 at LT
Yeah, 68 & 72 were unimpressive. Robinson's only been with the team a handful of days. And part of them were sightseeing in England. Judkins snuck in a 110 yards rushing, but it didn't feel like 110 yards. The offense just plain struggled. Sadly, we all know too well, it all starts with the OL. But you've got to have the QB or else nothing else matters. Two absolute Key pieces of the offense.
Yeah, 68 & 72 were unimpressive. Robinson's only been with the team a handful of days. And part of them were sightseeing in England. Judkins snuck in a 110 yards rushing, but it didn't feel like 110 yards. The offense just plain struggled. Sadly, we all know too well, it all starts with the OL. But you've got to have the QB or else nothing else matters. Two absolute Key pieces of the offense.
I watched the game with my old man yesterday. He's 70 years old screaming at the TV: "Get that #72 off the field!". Sadly I don't think there was anyone better.
But you summed it up. We need a QB first and foremost (preaching to the lead singers of the choir) and our o-line needs a complete overhaul.
-
And the same underwhelming mismanaging FO incapable of seeing what everyone on the board saw going into the offseason. OL rebuild. But on the plus side there is now a QB with a lot of upside instead of one in place who had nothing but downside going.
That poor #72 at LT. It's not his fault he's the best this FO was WILLING to do. They saved tremendous time and $ to treat us to a blend of his incapability and inexperience incapable of pass pro without shortcuts inviting penalty flags. I'll say this - on one of his holds he made a beautiful text book tackle but that wasn't a ball carrier... In addition, the Cam Robinson idea only fooled the crap out of THIS owner.
Does it really matter how good the next group of top QB Prospects are; and/or whether the Browns are in position to draft the top guy or not?
I could see them falling in love with Allar; while reminding each other that Josh Allen wasn't a finished product in college either...
Depodesta: "Did you hear that 1st Yes Sir?"
Andrew Berry: "Yeah, I had to change my underwear because of it!"
Depodesta: "He's 6'5" tall too! Where are you going Andrew?"
Andrew Berry: "I gotta change my underwear again."
Does it really matter how good the next group of top QB Prospects are; and/or whether the Browns are in position to draft the top guy or not?
I could see them falling in love with Allar; while reminding each other that Josh Allen wasn't a finished product in college either...
I'm not sure where you intended to take this Flugel, but I'll speak for myself and finish the thought. It doesn’t matter how good any QB is, if he can't be protected, it's futile.
I think the 2026 QB Draft Class has underwhelmingly performed this College Football season with the exception of Fernando Mendoza (IU) who takes on the Ducks in Autzen this Saturday for the biggest game in IU Football History.
As for Allar, and this may get tomatoes thrown at me, I don't think he's failing as bad as many believe. The three biggest reasons for Penn State's failing season are: 1) James Franklin 2) An underperforming OL that was supposed to be a strength of the team and 3) An underperforming Dani Dennis-Sutton, who (I believe) WAS a mid-First Round Draft Pick when the season began, with the ability to break into the Top 10. That has changed.
Allar has been the lone flickering light on two failed attempted comebacks the last two games. He has no down field threats. He is at his best with a strong run game and when he has a formidable TE.
He seems to have a pretty good attitude. By the time he leaves Penn State, he'll have started around 40 games.
He's 6'5" 235 lbs
Josh Allen's College Stats (Three Seasons): 5,066 passing yards 44 TDs and 21 INTs plus 767 rushing yards and 12 TDs. College Record as a full-time starter 16-9.
Drew Allar's College Stats through this past weekend: 7,265 passing yards 61 TDs and 12 INTs plus 711 rushing yards and 11 TDs. To date, the team's record when he's been the full-time starter is 26-8.
I'm not racing to the top of the first round to get him, but if he's available and they have the pick, I wouldn't flinch about taking him. He checks so many of the boxes so many on this board discuss ad infinitum....which we have do because the Browns don't win games (so we have little more to talk about than the future).
-
72 is obviously miscast for a pro football roster the issue was magnified with the ticky tack calls being made on us and few on the Vikings. He’s a one man offensive wrecking crew though.
This game we saw better qb and offensive line play which I believe magnified the third issue that we aren’t talking enough about - we have a train wreck WR room. Some can’t stay healthy, others can’t catch the ball, and just about all them are inconsistent and can’t get separation. We can reshape the offensive line next year but the next guy throwing passes is going to be holding the ball or throwing into coverage.
-
Does it really matter how good the next group of top QB Prospects are; and/or whether the Browns are in position to draft the top guy or not?
I could see them falling in love with Allar; while reminding each other that Josh Allen wasn't a finished product in college either...
I'm not sure where you intended to take this Flugel, but I'll speak for myself and finish the thought. It doesn’t matter how good any QB is, if he can't be protected, it's futile.
I think the 2026 QB Draft Class has underwhelmingly performed this College Football season with the exception of Fernando Mendoza (IU) who takes on the Ducks in Autzen this Saturday for the biggest game in IU Football History.
As for Allar, and this may get tomatoes thrown at me, I don't think he's failing as bad as many believe. The three biggest reasons for Penn State's failing season are: 1) James Franklin 2) An underperforming OL that was supposed to be a strength of the team and 3) An underperforming Dani Dennis-Sutton, who (I believe) WAS a mid-First Round Draft Pick when the season began, with the ability to break into the Top 10. That has changed.
Allar has been the lone flickering light on two failed attempted comebacks the last two games. He has no down field threats. He is at his best with a strong run game and when he has a formidable TE.
He seems to have a pretty good attitude. By the time he leaves Penn State, he'll have started around 40 games.
He's 6'5" 235 lbs
Josh Allen's College Stats (Three Seasons): 5,066 passing yards 44 TDs and 21 INTs plus 767 rushing yards and 12 TDs. College Record as a full-time starter 16-9.
Drew Allar's College Stats through this past weekend: 7,265 passing yards 61 TDs and 12 INTs plus 711 rushing yards and 11 TDs. To date, the team's record when he's been the full-time starter is 26-8.
I'm not racing to the top of the first round to get him, but if he's available and they have the pick, I wouldn't flinch about taking him. He checks so many of the boxes so many on this board discuss ad infinitum....which we have do because the Browns don't win games (so we have little more to talk about than the future).
An underperforming OL
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
issue that we aren’t talking enough about - we have a train wreck WR room.
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
-
An underperforming OL
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
issue that we aren’t talking enough about - we have a train wreck WR room.
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
-
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
...and you can tack on Safety to that list. It's a long list. We have to keep chipping away at it. QB, OT, OG, WR, CB, S
-
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
...and you can tack on Safety to that list. It's a long list. We have to keep chipping away at it. QB, OT, OG, WR, CB, S
...and you can tack on Safety to that list. It's a long list. We have to keep chipping away at it. QB, OT, OG, WR, CB, S
You could probably throw a LB to that list, because beyond Carson Krautbacker there aren’t really any longterm guys in the LB room now, just short term plug and play guys.
-
...and you can tack on Safety to that list. It's a long list. We have to keep chipping away at it. QB, OT, OG, WR, CB, S
You could probably throw a LB to that list, because beyond Carson Krautbacker there aren’t really any longterm guys in the LB room now, just short term plug and play guys.
You could probably throw a LB to that list, because beyond Carson Krautbacker there aren’t really any longterm guys in the LB room now, just short term plug and play guys.
Yes, but I'm also kind of hoping that JOK comes back next year. He issued a positive social media post not long ago.
-
You could probably throw a LB to that list, because beyond Carson Krautbacker there aren’t really any longterm guys in the LB room now, just short term plug and play guys.
Yes, but I'm also kind of hoping that JOK comes back next year. He issued a positive social media post not long ago.
-
An underperforming OL
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
issue that we aren’t talking enough about - we have a train wreck WR room.
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
How do you know we need to draft a QB?
I think we have possibly have a QB who has everything it takes, except for a QL that can give him time and more reliable receivers. Actually, we might have a receiver or two who can complement the QB if the QB has the time to allow them to get in to their routes. As it stands our QB's need to be releasing the ball on count 2.5 or start scrambling around rather than being allowed to get to count 3.5 or 4.
That 1.5 to two seconds makes a big different to the QB and receivers.
For the record, I think Bond is one of those receivers who can help.
-
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
How do you know we need to draft a QB?
I think we have possibly have a QB who has everything it takes, except for a QL that can give him time and more reliable receivers. Actually, we might have a receiver or two who can complement the QB if the QB has the time to allow them to get in to their routes. As it stands our QB's need to be releasing the ball on count 2.5 or start scrambling around rather than being allowed to get to count 3.5 or 4.
That 1.5 to two seconds makes a big different to the QB and receivers.
For the record, I think Bond is one of those receivers who can help.
How do you know we need to draft a QB?
I think we have possibly have a QB who has everything it takes, except for a QL that can give him time and more reliable receivers. Actually, we might have a receiver or two who can complement the QB if the QB has the time to allow them to get in to their routes. As it stands our QB's need to be releasing the ball on count 2.5 or start scrambling around rather than being allowed to get to count 3.5 or 4.
That 1.5 to two seconds makes a big different to the QB and receivers.
For the record, I think Bond is one of those receivers who can help.
I feel very confident in saying that Dillon Gabriel is not the longterm answer for the Browns.
Could he have a long NFL career as a spot starter/backup like Colt McCoy? Definitely. I just can’t see any serious NFL team putting their franchise QBs eggs in Gabriel’s basket.
-
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
How do you know we need to draft a QB?
I think we have possibly have a QB who has everything it takes, except for a QL that can give him time and more reliable receivers. Actually, we might have a receiver or two who can complement the QB if the QB has the time to allow them to get in to their routes. As it stands our QB's need to be releasing the ball on count 2.5 or start scrambling around rather than being allowed to get to count 3.5 or 4.
That 1.5 to two seconds makes a big different to the QB and receivers.
For the record, I think Bond is one of those receivers who can help.
How do you know we need to draft a QB?
I don't. (not right now anyway...gotta wait for the season to play out)
That's why I said: may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not)
We DO know, however, that the organization has positioned themselves for the possibility of drafting one quite high, as they were convinced (along with everyone else) that next year's draft was favorable for QB's in round 1. And that in reality they were drafting Gabriel as the probable backup QB to the '26 draft pick. Unless he turns out to be great. I personally don't think that they will stand pat with a 5'9" QB....but it's too early to tell.
-
-
-
-
I think we can all be pretty confident that OT will be targeted this coming offseason...and Guard is also required. Whether it's FA or high draft picks (or both) may be influenced by the need to draft a QB high in round 1 (or not).
Yup, that's gotta be next highest on the list behind QB & OL.
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
QB, OLine, WR and CB are huge needs next offseason
Time out! Let's start putting what we don't need in the draft - it's just easier: Center, RB, TE, Punter & Place Kick Holder (same guy).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login