Skip to content

The Official Browns at Patriots Game 8 Thread

The Browns Board
124 23 2.0k 1
  • @calfoxwc said:

    oh, and I was talking about his play-calling.

    and, you are a liar. I searched for "draw up plays to confuse the defense" in this entire thread, and the only result was your post. 

    /topic/72904

    10/16

    Screenshot_20251027_151357_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.f5fec1893b63d454c7d37e730c84a01d.jpg

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    /topic/72904

    10/16

    Screenshot_20251027_151357_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.f5fec1893b63d454c7d37e730c84a01d.jpg

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    And the point remains Shitmypantski is an awful head coach no matter how you choose to spin it..  But keep on keepin on...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    /topic/72904

    10/16

    Screenshot_20251027_151357_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.f5fec1893b63d454c7d37e730c84a01d.jpg

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    And the point remains Shitmypantski is an awful head coach no matter how you choose to spin it..  But keep on keepin on...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    And the point remains Shitmypantski is an awful head coach no matter how you choose to spin it..  But keep on keepin on...

     Don't you think it's just a *little* odd to have un-clever attempts at nicknames for people you don't like?   And don't you notice the, I guess I'll say "brand" of people who do that on here? 

    Look, I want to like you.  But I need people to be reasonable. 

    I think there's a collective short term memory here. 

    Hue Jackson was awful 

    Pat Shurmur was awful 

    Freddie Kitchens was awful 

    Jim O Neil was fucking horrendous 

    When we over-apply words, they lose the gravity of their impact. 

    I'd ask you this, would a great head coach have beaten the Patriots with this roster? 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    oh, and I was talking about his play-calling.

    and, you are a liar. I searched for "draw up plays to confuse the defense" in this entire thread, and the only result was your post. 

    /topic/72904

    10/16

    Screenshot_20251027_151357_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.f5fec1893b63d454c7d37e730c84a01d.jpg

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    ok, dumbass.

    I said: "The Browns need a leader, to inspire the team, fool defenses with his playcalling"

    @calfoxwc said:

    I know @calfoxwc likes to say dumb shit like "draw up plays to confuse the defense".

    I never said anything like "draw plays up to confuse the defense".

    I was not talking about trick plays, shirley. I was talking about play-calling.

    So, that is right there is your face, and I think you are a liar. or, I'm wrong and you are so arrogant because you are stupid and can't read well.

    This surely looks like you, Shirley.image.jpeg.2ba7dec77050d19ec55ba405ae45aa9b.jpeg

  • @nickers said:

    And the point remains Shitmypantski is an awful head coach no matter how you choose to spin it..  But keep on keepin on...

     Don't you think it's just a *little* odd to have un-clever attempts at nicknames for people you don't like?   And don't you notice the, I guess I'll say "brand" of people who do that on here? 

    Look, I want to like you.  But I need people to be reasonable. 

    I think there's a collective short term memory here. 

    Hue Jackson was awful 

    Pat Shurmur was awful 

    Freddie Kitchens was awful 

    Jim O Neil was fucking horrendous 

    When we over-apply words, they lose the gravity of their impact. 

    I'd ask you this, would a great head coach have beaten the Patriots with this roster? 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

     Don't you think it's just a *little* odd to have un-clever attempts at nicknames for people you don't like?   And don't you notice the, I guess I'll say "brand" of people who do that on here? 

    Look, I want to like you.  But I need people to be reasonable. 

    I think there's a collective short term memory here. 

    Hue Jackson was awful 

    Pat Shurmur was awful 

    Freddie Kitchens was awful 

    Jim O Neil was fucking horrendous 

    When we over-apply words, they lose the gravity of their impact. 

    I'd ask you this, would a great head coach have beaten the Patriots with this roster? 

    I believe a Tom Coughlan or Bill Parcells could get more mileage than this buffoon does so a direct answer is yes.. Winning the game?.. Yeah that's debatable.. The bottom line here... is.. He is LOSING! The name thing.. Nothing clever about it.. But the guy sucks... So yeah.. He deserves it.. He sucks so bad even Stephon Diggs wanted to get away from him...

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Don't you think it's just a *little* odd to have un-clever attempts at nicknames for people you don't like?   And don't you notice the, I guess I'll say "brand" of people who do that on here? 

    Look, I want to like you.  But I need people to be reasonable. 

    I think there's a collective short term memory here. 

    Hue Jackson was awful 

    Pat Shurmur was awful 

    Freddie Kitchens was awful 

    Jim O Neil was fucking horrendous 

    When we over-apply words, they lose the gravity of their impact. 

    I'd ask you this, would a great head coach have beaten the Patriots with this roster? 

    I believe a Tom Coughlan or Bill Parcells could get more mileage than this buffoon does so a direct answer is yes.. Winning the game?.. Yeah that's debatable.. The bottom line here... is.. He is LOSING! The name thing.. Nothing clever about it.. But the guy sucks... So yeah.. He deserves it.. He sucks so bad even Stephon Diggs wanted to get away from him...

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I believe a Tom Coughlan or Bill Parcells could get more mileage than this buffoon does so a direct answer is yes.. Winning the game?.. Yeah that's debatable.. The bottom line here... is.. He is LOSING! The name thing.. Nothing clever about it.. But the guy sucks... So yeah.. He deserves it.. He sucks so bad even Stephon Diggs wanted to get away from him...

    up arrow ! (ran out of em)

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Don't you think it's just a *little* odd to have un-clever attempts at nicknames for people you don't like?   And don't you notice the, I guess I'll say "brand" of people who do that on here? 

    Look, I want to like you.  But I need people to be reasonable. 

    I think there's a collective short term memory here. 

    Hue Jackson was awful 

    Pat Shurmur was awful 

    Freddie Kitchens was awful 

    Jim O Neil was fucking horrendous 

    When we over-apply words, they lose the gravity of their impact. 

    I'd ask you this, would a great head coach have beaten the Patriots with this roster? 

    I believe a Tom Coughlan or Bill Parcells could get more mileage than this buffoon does so a direct answer is yes.. Winning the game?.. Yeah that's debatable.. The bottom line here... is.. He is LOSING! The name thing.. Nothing clever about it.. But the guy sucks... So yeah.. He deserves it.. He sucks so bad even Stephon Diggs wanted to get away from him...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @nickers said:

    I believe a Tom Coughlan or Bill Parcells could get more mileage than this buffoon does so a direct answer is yes.. Winning the game?.. Yeah that's debatable.. The bottom line here... is.. He is LOSING! The name thing.. Nothing clever about it.. But the guy sucks... So yeah.. He deserves it.. He sucks so bad even Stephon Diggs wanted to get away from him...

    I want to make sure we're clear, I was asking for current coaches.

    - Bill Parcells is a HoF head coach.  If you're saying a HoF coach could possibly get more out of this squad, then... yeah, sure.  I would be inclined to agree.

    - Tom Coughlan, who was fired from his first gig in Jacksonville, was a head coach who rode the coat-tails of having superior OC/DC's on his staff, including Steve Spagnuolo, who is likely going down as a HoF coach himself.  While having having underperforming seasons pretty much marred his coaching career every year but two.   

     You'll forgive me if that isn't a widely impressive list.    If anything, Coughlan would absolutely fit your mold of Stefanski.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Damn guys, all this Browns losing is making us turn on each other. Let's not drive people out of here, it's sadly becoming a ghost town for who knows what reason(s).

    The world would be boring if we all agreed on everything. We're all here for one reason.....our love for the Browns.

    Besides another lousy season, the thing that's pissing me off is how AFC teams who were kind of down have turned it around ( Denver, Indianapolis, New England), and here we are talking about tanking, draft picks, & play calling. 

    My theory is Haslam is giving Berry & Stefanski more time to turn this around because he realizes the DW situation crippled this team far worse than even DePodesta could have imagined (analyzed). 

    Unless the players totally revolt, they're running everything back in 2026. 

    I'm in the acceptance stage, even though I hate what's going on. I admit, I was overly-optimistic about 2025 even though I saw the difficult starting schedule. I urge all to join me.

    Go Browns.

  • R Reality wrote on last edited by Reality

    Folks seem to forget what Parcells tenure with the Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins actually looked like.  Especially when there were issues at QB and injuries in general. 

    Coughlin last few years (and some in-between years) with the GMen were not exactly stellar when there were roster issues.

    Heck, one can also look at BB.  

    If the argument is that KS could possibly be getting "more" out of the roster the last two years, sure that is possible.  But what is that definition of "more"?  Based on the roster issues at QB and OL I dont see much more than a couple of wins, and being a few rankings higher then they have been for the offense.  It is not like we have seen these teams outright quit (we have seen that in the past), or a bunch of reports of turmoil which typically occurs when confidence within the building (players, coaches, FO) has been lost

    This is not to say that perhaps come next year CLE should not turn over the coaching and FO.  It may just be time.  Even if just based upon the typical nature of the NFL.  But much like when  folks wanted new ownership,  or many of the past coaching/FO turn over, careful what you wish for....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I know @calfoxwc likes to say dumb shit like "draw up plays to confuse the defense"... Stefanski did early, and it worked.  But that isn't something you can do and live by every snap.   It isn't realistic.     We couldn't win on our weakside iso, we couldn't win on outside zone, and they sat all over high percentage concepts after the 1st qtr.   We just don't have the horses to counter adjust.   This has been the theme across entire position groups for multiple years - OL, WR's, Dline, LB's... 

    well, you aRE a dumb shit on a lot of things, just not "Xs" and "Os".

    I blasted the play calling, and since you are too arrogant to read it, Shirley Tiam, I'll tell you flat out - Mike Vrabel blasted Stupanskis play calling.

    So, you want to say Vrable doesn't know anything, but you are a so called grand poobah of football?

    You should STFU once in a while, and yes, you would probably be like Aikman or Collinsworth. Too arrogant to be decent in most conversations.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Guess what I just found:

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Stupanskis

    @nickers said:

    Shitmypantski

    WOW 3rd grade insults,  Grow the fuck up

  • sydS syd

    @calfoxwc said:

    Stupanskis

    @nickers said:

    Shitmypantski

    WOW 3rd grade insults,  Grow the fuck up

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    WOW 3rd grade insults,  Grow the fuck up

    Says the bald headed drunk Otis Campbell..

  • @syd said:

    WOW 3rd grade insults,  Grow the fuck up

    Says the bald headed drunk Otis Campbell..

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Says the bald headed drunk Otis Campbell..

    oohhhh  that hurt , damn, you witty

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    CAN WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS PATRIOTS THREAD?

    The Patriots haven't been relevant since Brady left.  WHY?   Quarterback!  They drafted 4th last April....after Drake Maye's rookie season.  THIS year Maye is showing that he's not a rookie any more...and that he's not Mack Jones.

    The Patriots whiffed on the QB selection.  So they went back up to the plate and drafted another one.  (and then the next draft they drafted an OT)

    You've gotta have the QB.  We, of any fans, should know this by now.  We can take our aggressions out on the HC, GM, Jimmuh, Dee, the son-in-law, DePodesta, whomever ya want...but all the new suits & ties ya wanna bring in aren't going to make much of a difference if they'll be using a midget rookie 3rd round QB and Practice Squad receivers.  

  • CAN WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS PATRIOTS THREAD?

    The Patriots haven't been relevant since Brady left.  WHY?   Quarterback!  They drafted 4th last April....after Drake Maye's rookie season.  THIS year Maye is showing that he's not a rookie any more...and that he's not Mack Jones.

    The Patriots whiffed on the QB selection.  So they went back up to the plate and drafted another one.  (and then the next draft they drafted an OT)

    You've gotta have the QB.  We, of any fans, should know this by now.  We can take our aggressions out on the HC, GM, Jimmuh, Dee, the son-in-law, DePodesta, whomever ya want...but all the new suits & ties ya wanna bring in aren't going to make much of a difference if they'll be using a midget rookie 3rd round QB and Practice Squad receivers.  

    R Reality wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    CAN WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS PATRIOTS THREAD?

    The Patriots haven't been relevant since Brady left.  WHY?   Quarterback!  They drafted 4th last April....after Drake Maye's rookie season.  THIS year Maye is showing that he's not a rookie any more...and that he's not Mack Jones.

    The Patriots whiffed on the QB selection.  So they went back up to the plate and drafted another one.  (and then the next draft they drafted an OT)

    You've gotta have the QB.  We, of any fans, should know this by now.  We can take our aggressions out on the HC, GM, Jimmuh, Dee, the son-in-law, DePodesta, whomever ya want...but all the new suits & ties ya wanna bring in aren't going to make much of a difference if they'll be using a midget rookie 3rd round QB and Practice Squad receivers.  

    While a bit of exaggeration on the WRs (at least last year and this), all well said.

  • @orion said:

    CAN WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS PATRIOTS THREAD?

    The Patriots haven't been relevant since Brady left.  WHY?   Quarterback!  They drafted 4th last April....after Drake Maye's rookie season.  THIS year Maye is showing that he's not a rookie any more...and that he's not Mack Jones.

    The Patriots whiffed on the QB selection.  So they went back up to the plate and drafted another one.  (and then the next draft they drafted an OT)

    You've gotta have the QB.  We, of any fans, should know this by now.  We can take our aggressions out on the HC, GM, Jimmuh, Dee, the son-in-law, DePodesta, whomever ya want...but all the new suits & ties ya wanna bring in aren't going to make much of a difference if they'll be using a midget rookie 3rd round QB and Practice Squad receivers.  

    While a bit of exaggeration on the WRs (at least last year and this), all well said.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @reality said:

    While a bit of exaggeration on the WRs

    It is an exaggeration, a bit, isn't it?  Or, is it, really?  (or should I say, is it in Reality)  🙂  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    oh, and I was talking about his play-calling.

    and, you are a liar. I searched for "draw up plays to confuse the defense" in this entire thread, and the only result was your post. 

    /topic/72904

    10/16

    Screenshot_20251027_151357_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.f5fec1893b63d454c7d37e730c84a01d.jpg

    Sorry, I said "confuse" instead of "fool" 

    The point remains the same for both you and I.   

    And never call me a liar again. 

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    And never call me a liar again. 

    Think ya got the wrong guy there

  • Sweet Jesus, the 70 something toddler must have a full diaper today. 
     

    Your inferiority complexes have inferiority complexes, cal.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sweet Jesus, the 70 something toddler must have a full diaper today. 
     

    Your inferiority complexes have inferiority complexes, cal.

    image.jpeg.452eaa6d56075be77cccfcf2be388874.jpeg

  • AxeA Axe

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sweet Jesus, the 70 something toddler must have a full diaper today. 
     

    Your inferiority complexes have inferiority complexes, cal.

    image.jpeg.452eaa6d56075be77cccfcf2be388874.jpeg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @axe said:

    image.jpeg.452eaa6d56075be77cccfcf2be388874.jpeg?

    When Dutch says it 4 times in a row in 4 different posts, he'll be on par with me and cal.? 

    However, my own hand picked by me FFL team won the weekend $40 prize again last night. So there's that!?? 

    I will admit however that a friend in the league picked this guy for me on redraft because I was in England unable to participate.  

  • AxeA Axe

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sweet Jesus, the 70 something toddler must have a full diaper today. 
     

    Your inferiority complexes have inferiority complexes, cal.

    image.jpeg.452eaa6d56075be77cccfcf2be388874.jpeg

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    image.jpeg.452eaa6d56075be77cccfcf2be388874.jpeg

    When cal gets all up in his cal feelings  and starts his manic posting all over the Browns forum, a smart ass response from me will be a given. ?

  • Damn guys, all this Browns losing is making us turn on each other. Let's not drive people out of here, it's sadly becoming a ghost town for who knows what reason(s).

    The world would be boring if we all agreed on everything. We're all here for one reason.....our love for the Browns.

    Besides another lousy season, the thing that's pissing me off is how AFC teams who were kind of down have turned it around ( Denver, Indianapolis, New England), and here we are talking about tanking, draft picks, & play calling. 

    My theory is Haslam is giving Berry & Stefanski more time to turn this around because he realizes the DW situation crippled this team far worse than even DePodesta could have imagined (analyzed). 

    Unless the players totally revolt, they're running everything back in 2026. 

    I'm in the acceptance stage, even though I hate what's going on. I admit, I was overly-optimistic about 2025 even though I saw the difficult starting schedule. I urge all to join me.

    Go Browns.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Damn guys, all this Browns losing is making us turn on each other. Let's not drive people out of here, it's sadly becoming a ghost town for who knows what reason(s).

    The world would be boring if we all agreed on everything. We're all here for one reason.....our love for the Browns.

    Besides another lousy season, the thing that's pissing me off is how AFC teams who were kind of down have turned it around ( Denver, Indianapolis, New England), and here we are talking about tanking, draft picks, & play calling. 

    My theory is Haslam is giving Berry & Stefanski more time to turn this around because he realizes the DW situation crippled this team far worse than even DePodesta could have imagined (analyzed). 

    Unless the players totally revolt, they're running everything back in 2026. 

    I'm in the acceptance stage, even though I hate what's going on. I admit, I was overly-optimistic about 2025 even though I saw the difficult starting schedule. I urge all to join me.

    Go Browns.

    Well, sure, if you are going to go in a mature, reasonable and smart attitude, but.....

    lol

  • I like Kevin.  We will do worse IMO with a replacement. He will be HC in the league if he’s out of a job. 

    You can’t win with a limited QB, two twin turnstiles for some of the year and the worst collection of WRs in the NFL.  There is no scheme or game plan to work around that. 

    Having said that. I hated the Ken Dorsey move last year.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I like Kevin.  We will do worse IMO with a replacement. He will be HC in the league if he’s out of a job. 

    You can’t win with a limited QB, two twin turnstiles for some of the year and the worst collection of WRs in the NFL.  There is no scheme or game plan to work around that. 

    Having said that. I hated the Ken Dorsey move last year.  

    Looking back, Gabriel had a tremendous amount of terrific talent around him at Oregon. Went and looked at his stats in college(s):

    He can play, but the Browns' talent on offense never all gets together, and he is a rookie. He has to be extremely frustrated.  I remember Terry Bradshaw saying early on, he nearly got booed out of Pittsburgh, he played so badly.

    The Browns desperately need to rebuild their oline, and get a dynamic star wr.

    Big trouble if Bitonio retires, and/or Teller gets hurt.

    the move up to the NFL - they say is so much faster, etc. Just a bad situation to put Gabriel in.

    image.thumb.png.c08314e6ae72be99a18bfb3426bcba67.png