Skip to content

The Official Browns vs Ravens Game 10 Thread

The Browns Board
181 26 3.1k 1
  • @mddawg said:

    Exactly, this is a war between Stef and management and the kids are the collateral damage.

    I thought that Berry & Stef were fairly compatible.  Perhaps the whole FO aura changes a bit without DePo.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I thought that Berry & Stef were fairly compatible.  Perhaps the whole FO aura changes a bit without DePo.

    i am assuming that Berry is the one who left Stef without a veteran QB, which is a huge problem, I seriously doubt  Stef wanted to play Sanders this past sunday

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Well regardless of Sunday they have a week to prepare for Vegas and we should see a repeat sacking party for the Browns after watching what Dallas did last night. I may have to majorly revise my sack total for the season by Myles from 21 to 29 or so. DPOTY once again. 

  • Well regardless of Sunday they have a week to prepare for Vegas and we should see a repeat sacking party for the Browns after watching what Dallas did last night. I may have to majorly revise my sack total for the season by Myles from 21 to 29 or so. DPOTY once again. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well regardless of Sunday they have a week to prepare for Vegas and we should see a repeat sacking party for the Browns after watching what Dallas did last night. I may have to majorly revise my sack total for the season by Myles from 21 to 29 or so. DPOTY once again. 

    He’s no TJ Watt, but he’ll do… ?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think our entire OLine philosophy stinks.  We need Callahan back and our current guy gone.  

    As far as the draft goes, this past weekend did virtually nothing for us...except that we lost.  As it stands, we could be picking between 2nd & 6th...depending how strength of schedule shakes out at season's end.  

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I've read opinions that this line was never really  that great, it was actually Chubb's skills that led to the success of the running game at it's peak 2020-23 .

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Wow... being a dip shit comes easy to you I see... At least I back my claims up with proof.. in pictures, recordings,etc... You just spout off like an entitled bitch on the rag.. I have live footage.. I'll be more than happy to shove it in your face if you like ass hat..

    proof of what  ? you hit your freaking head again ?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    proof of what  ? you hit your freaking head again ?

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I think our entire OLine philosophy stinks.  We need Callahan back and our current guy gone.  

    As far as the draft goes, this past weekend did virtually nothing for us...except that we lost.  As it stands, we could be picking between 2nd & 6th...depending how strength of schedule shakes out at season's end.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @orion said:

    I think our entire OLine philosophy stinks.  We need Callahan back and our current guy gone.  

     I would love to see Coach Callahan back.  That said, the "philosophy", at least how I think you're saying it relates to the play I evaluated, hasn't changed.  We ran a ton of weakside zone and iso when Callahan was here and it's a staple design we've carried over in his absence.   The difference is in the players, both talent and age/health/injury.     Individual defeats along the OL sink plays.

     The running game reminds me of 2015.  We expected big things after 2014.  But we had health issues and performance issues at center and RG.  As a result, the running game faltered.   This year is no different.  

     Edit:  I will apologize for the clip, I misspoke in it a couple times.  I worked 10 hours yesterday then started charting plays and posting.   It's weakside ISO, though ends up playing pretty much the same from a lead.   I'll re-post it later.    

     @dutch-oven joined me to follow along and ask questions when I was play charting.  Pretty sure the poor guy could hear the fatigue in my voice. ?

    @mddawg said:

    I've read opinions that this line was never really that great, it was actually Chubb's skills that led to the success of the running game at it's peak 2020-23 .

     Chubb was special for certain things and, like any great RB, made up for mistakes here and there as the greats do.  But, as a whole, the OL from 2020-2023 was quite fantastic and much more consistent than we're seeing now.  

  • @syd said:

    proof of what  ? you hit your freaking head again ?

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    WTF are you talking about bone head?... Aren't you tired of me living rent free in your head yet?

  • @syd said:

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    WTF are you talking about bone head?... Aren't you tired of me living rent free in your head yet?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    WTF are you talking about bone head?... Aren't you tired of me living rent free in your head yet?

    wow  you really must have hit your head harder than normal, maybe you should see a doctor 

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    WTF are you talking about bone head?... Aren't you tired of me living rent free in your head yet?

    wow  you really must have hit your head harder than normal, maybe you should see a doctor 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    wow  you really must have hit your head harder than normal, maybe you should see a doctor 

    Maybe you should quit drinking Mr Drunk..

  • @orion said:

    I think our entire OLine philosophy stinks.  We need Callahan back and our current guy gone.  

     I would love to see Coach Callahan back.  That said, the "philosophy", at least how I think you're saying it relates to the play I evaluated, hasn't changed.  We ran a ton of weakside zone and iso when Callahan was here and it's a staple design we've carried over in his absence.   The difference is in the players, both talent and age/health/injury.     Individual defeats along the OL sink plays.

     The running game reminds me of 2015.  We expected big things after 2014.  But we had health issues and performance issues at center and RG.  As a result, the running game faltered.   This year is no different.  

     Edit:  I will apologize for the clip, I misspoke in it a couple times.  I worked 10 hours yesterday then started charting plays and posting.   It's weakside ISO, though ends up playing pretty much the same from a lead.   I'll re-post it later.    

     @dutch-oven joined me to follow along and ask questions when I was play charting.  Pretty sure the poor guy could hear the fatigue in my voice. ?

    @mddawg said:

    I've read opinions that this line was never really that great, it was actually Chubb's skills that led to the success of the running game at it's peak 2020-23 .

     Chubb was special for certain things and, like any great RB, made up for mistakes here and there as the greats do.  But, as a whole, the OL from 2020-2023 was quite fantastic and much more consistent than we're seeing now.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I would love to see Coach Callahan back.  That said, the "philosophy", at least how I think you're saying it relates to the play I evaluated

    I wasn't referring to the play you posted...but to what I've been seeing as far as passing off defenders, not putting body on body when the numbers match...which is of course overshadowed by the talent level across the line.  

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @syd said:

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    @nickers said:

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    ?  A modern day Felix & Oscar. God bless ya! You 2 sick bastards are on the same message board for a reason!  

    Shifting gears.  I'm still trying to answer a question from a few years ago.  If you have 2 QBs nobody trusts - do you even have one?  If they were both veterans with experience and growing pains (also meaning they've had reasonable experience being developed and practicing with teammates for the upcoming opponents the coaching staff film prepped).  

    I think next year will be a more fair evaluation (with a better chance to succeed & more reliable pass pro from the OTs). We'll probable have a legit #1 WR changing matchup dynamics in the passing game considerably.  That or I'm just wishful thinking all over again...

  • @syd said:

    hey nickers your black friends at a bath house really count ?

    @nickers said:

    Aww you're a mad woke little kunt aren't ya..

    ?  A modern day Felix & Oscar. God bless ya! You 2 sick bastards are on the same message board for a reason!  

    Shifting gears.  I'm still trying to answer a question from a few years ago.  If you have 2 QBs nobody trusts - do you even have one?  If they were both veterans with experience and growing pains (also meaning they've had reasonable experience being developed and practicing with teammates for the upcoming opponents the coaching staff film prepped).  

    I think next year will be a more fair evaluation (with a better chance to succeed & more reliable pass pro from the OTs). We'll probable have a legit #1 WR changing matchup dynamics in the passing game considerably.  That or I'm just wishful thinking all over again...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    ?  

    I think next year will be a more fair evaluation (with a better chance to succeed & more reliable pass pro from the OTs). We'll probable have a legit #1 WR changing matchup dynamics in the passing game considerably.  That or I'm just wishful thinking all over again...

    May I refer you to Ground Hog Day Bill  er...... I mean Tom.  ? 

    The Battered Browns Fan Syndrome sure is tough to deal with. 

    Here's a funny one from this past weekend's game on Battered Aggie Syndrome.??? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I would love to see Coach Callahan back.  That said, the "philosophy", at least how I think you're saying it relates to the play I evaluated

    I wasn't referring to the play you posted...but to what I've been seeing as far as passing off defenders, not putting body on body when the numbers match...which is of course overshadowed by the talent level across the line.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    I wasn't referring to the play you posted...but to what I've been seeing as far as passing off defenders, not putting body on body when the numbers match...which is of course overshadowed by the talent level across the line.  

    For the most part, combos, influence blocks, peels and pass offs are pretty standard. 

    Callahan is just elite at his job on the field, watching little details per personnel, especially mechanically speaking, and either correcting or working with them. 

    It's like any job.  Most people know the basics and the intermediate, some even have the advanced.  But a painstaking attention, and the ability to perceive those (small) details, is far more uncommon.     

     You've had good teachers in your life.  Then you've had great ones where learning from them just "clicks" with you and things make sense.   That's Callahan.