Skip to content

The Official Browns vs Titans Game 13 Thread

The Browns Board
87 23 1.5k 2
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

  • I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @tiamat63 said:

    I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

    Yep, they exploited MG’s outside position.

    It made for a natural running lane, I expect future opponents to do more of the same.

  • I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tiamat63 said:

    I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

    I recall this being a major problem in earlier iterations of Schwartz's defense here and looked like it had been solved this season. I mentioned here earlier, was this because they designed the defense to facilitate Myles getting the sack record yesterday?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Good post. You got a link to the Sanders press conference? He’s a quirky dude in front of a microphone from what l’ve seen thus far. Would be good to see that quirkiness get parlayed into a net positive. 

    I was stuck with the radio feed. I miss Jim Donovan real bad. I don’t want to dog on the new guys and l appreciate their work, but Jim was truly special and had a knack for raising the bar in the “painting pictures” department.

    I suspect Maliek Collins is a big missing piece of the puzzle as far as the defense goes. He was a great signing and l hope he gets back on the horse. 

    I will dog the new radio guys. They suck. Especially Zegura. He won’t shut up. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @browns149 said:

    I will dog the new radio guys. They suck. Especially Zegura. He won’t shut up. 

    Andrew is okay.. Zegura is nauseating...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I was wrong.  

    - Sam is the 3tech

    - Reach the backside 1, cut him off.

    - combo the playside 3t

    - Center climbs to the LB

    - profit

    Simple. Effective.   

    Kamaraduo.thumb.png.6737b988473b59b8a4327edfe33c1826.png

    I recall this being a major problem in earlier iterations of Schwartz's defense here and looked like it had been solved this season. I mentioned here earlier, was this because they designed the defense to facilitate Myles getting the sack record yesterday?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #80

    @mddawg said:

    I recall this being a major problem in earlier iterations of Schwartz's defense here and looked like it had been solved this season. I mentioned here earlier, was this because they designed the defense to facilitate Myles getting the sack record yesterday?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, they exploited MG’s outside position.

    It made for a natural running lane, I expect future opponents to do more of the same.

     The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

     The difference this season has been the increased quality play on the IDL and allowing the LB's cleaner lanes to tackles.  Most every big play allowed by the defense against Tennessee was a result of the Titans anticipating the over-aggression and/or exploiting IDL subs then having their counter properly timed.   

     That early RB screen to Spears?  5 man pressure just past Myles bluffing RB chip.  

    The TD? Green dog which ended up being cover 0.  Schwez may have overplayed his hand a bit, but TEN got a little stutter to a race route vs an off corner off strong play action against a heavy blitz.

     The interior disruption that Collins brings through the lane, including getting off blocks to ball carriers, has been invaluable.   The problem for so many is, that IDL is such an un-sexy, thankless spot, that's it's widely overlooked barring major exceptions.  The Titans saw it when they developed their gameplan and exploited it to great effect. 

     I love what Sam Kamara brings to the table as a pass rusher and rotational piece.  But what happened were body shots, more body shots, then a rotation out of either Shelby or Graham and Tennessee attacked the opposite gap.   Foundational weaknesses are easily exploitable by even the worst of teams.    If you lack trench play, even the worst teams can use that to facilitate their offense.

  • @mddawg said:

    I recall this being a major problem in earlier iterations of Schwartz's defense here and looked like it had been solved this season. I mentioned here earlier, was this because they designed the defense to facilitate Myles getting the sack record yesterday?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, they exploited MG’s outside position.

    It made for a natural running lane, I expect future opponents to do more of the same.

     The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

     The difference this season has been the increased quality play on the IDL and allowing the LB's cleaner lanes to tackles.  Most every big play allowed by the defense against Tennessee was a result of the Titans anticipating the over-aggression and/or exploiting IDL subs then having their counter properly timed.   

     That early RB screen to Spears?  5 man pressure just past Myles bluffing RB chip.  

    The TD? Green dog which ended up being cover 0.  Schwez may have overplayed his hand a bit, but TEN got a little stutter to a race route vs an off corner off strong play action against a heavy blitz.

     The interior disruption that Collins brings through the lane, including getting off blocks to ball carriers, has been invaluable.   The problem for so many is, that IDL is such an un-sexy, thankless spot, that's it's widely overlooked barring major exceptions.  The Titans saw it when they developed their gameplan and exploited it to great effect. 

     I love what Sam Kamara brings to the table as a pass rusher and rotational piece.  But what happened were body shots, more body shots, then a rotation out of either Shelby or Graham and Tennessee attacked the opposite gap.   Foundational weaknesses are easily exploitable by even the worst of teams.    If you lack trench play, even the worst teams can use that to facilitate their offense.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tiamat63 said:

    The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

    I'll never forget the Texans absolutely eating the Browns lunch in the playoffs with this exact mindset.

  • @mddawg said:

    I recall this being a major problem in earlier iterations of Schwartz's defense here and looked like it had been solved this season. I mentioned here earlier, was this because they designed the defense to facilitate Myles getting the sack record yesterday?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, they exploited MG’s outside position.

    It made for a natural running lane, I expect future opponents to do more of the same.

     The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

     The difference this season has been the increased quality play on the IDL and allowing the LB's cleaner lanes to tackles.  Most every big play allowed by the defense against Tennessee was a result of the Titans anticipating the over-aggression and/or exploiting IDL subs then having their counter properly timed.   

     That early RB screen to Spears?  5 man pressure just past Myles bluffing RB chip.  

    The TD? Green dog which ended up being cover 0.  Schwez may have overplayed his hand a bit, but TEN got a little stutter to a race route vs an off corner off strong play action against a heavy blitz.

     The interior disruption that Collins brings through the lane, including getting off blocks to ball carriers, has been invaluable.   The problem for so many is, that IDL is such an un-sexy, thankless spot, that's it's widely overlooked barring major exceptions.  The Titans saw it when they developed their gameplan and exploited it to great effect. 

     I love what Sam Kamara brings to the table as a pass rusher and rotational piece.  But what happened were body shots, more body shots, then a rotation out of either Shelby or Graham and Tennessee attacked the opposite gap.   Foundational weaknesses are easily exploitable by even the worst of teams.    If you lack trench play, even the worst teams can use that to facilitate their offense.

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @tiamat63 said:

     The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

     The difference this season has been the increased quality play on the IDL and allowing the LB's cleaner lanes to tackles.  Most every big play allowed by the defense against Tennessee was a result of the Titans anticipating the over-aggression and/or exploiting IDL subs then having their counter properly timed.   

     That early RB screen to Spears?  5 man pressure just past Myles bluffing RB chip.  

    The TD? Green dog which ended up being cover 0.  Schwez may have overplayed his hand a bit, but TEN got a little stutter to a race route vs an off corner off strong play action against a heavy blitz.

     The interior disruption that Collins brings through the lane, including getting off blocks to ball carriers, has been invaluable.   The problem for so many is, that IDL is such an un-sexy, thankless spot, that's it's widely overlooked barring major exceptions.  The Titans saw it when they developed their gameplan and exploited it to great effect. 

     I love what Sam Kamara brings to the table as a pass rusher and rotational piece.  But what happened were body shots, more body shots, then a rotation out of either Shelby or Graham and Tennessee attacked the opposite gap.   Foundational weaknesses are easily exploitable by even the worst of teams.    If you lack trench play, even the worst teams can use that to facilitate their offense.

    So in summary Maliek Collins absence led to this record day for Pollard?

  • @tiamat63 said:

     The defense is still based on upfield, 1 gap attack and lane disruption on the way to the QB.   So the aggressive nature on the edge hasn't changed.    I detailed some of the use against the aggressiveness the past couple years in the misdirection, screen and running game integrated with motions.    

     The difference this season has been the increased quality play on the IDL and allowing the LB's cleaner lanes to tackles.  Most every big play allowed by the defense against Tennessee was a result of the Titans anticipating the over-aggression and/or exploiting IDL subs then having their counter properly timed.   

     That early RB screen to Spears?  5 man pressure just past Myles bluffing RB chip.  

    The TD? Green dog which ended up being cover 0.  Schwez may have overplayed his hand a bit, but TEN got a little stutter to a race route vs an off corner off strong play action against a heavy blitz.

     The interior disruption that Collins brings through the lane, including getting off blocks to ball carriers, has been invaluable.   The problem for so many is, that IDL is such an un-sexy, thankless spot, that's it's widely overlooked barring major exceptions.  The Titans saw it when they developed their gameplan and exploited it to great effect. 

     I love what Sam Kamara brings to the table as a pass rusher and rotational piece.  But what happened were body shots, more body shots, then a rotation out of either Shelby or Graham and Tennessee attacked the opposite gap.   Foundational weaknesses are easily exploitable by even the worst of teams.    If you lack trench play, even the worst teams can use that to facilitate their offense.

    So in summary Maliek Collins absence led to this record day for Pollard?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mddawg said:

    So in summary Maliek Collins absence led to this record day for Pollard?

    It wasn't the *ONLY* thing.  But it was the primary reason, yes.  

  • @mddawg said:

    So in summary Maliek Collins absence led to this record day for Pollard?

    It wasn't the *ONLY* thing.  But it was the primary reason, yes.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @tiamat63 said:

    It wasn't the *ONLY* thing.  But it was the primary reason, yes.  

    But isn't that why we drafted Mason Graham?... To shore up the run defense?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It wasn't the *ONLY* thing.  But it was the primary reason, yes.  

    But isn't that why we drafted Mason Graham?... To shore up the run defense?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @nickers said:

    But isn't that why we drafted Mason Graham?... To shore up the run defense?

     To an extent, yes.  

     The DEF did a solid job limiting the TEN running game when him and Shelby Harris were on the field together.  Even Kamara had some good reps on the film. 

     But (so far) every big run allowed has been when Kamara spelled in for either one of them and the Titans attacked the corresponding gap. 

     Graham has been solid and he's getting better.  But he can only do so much as one man. 

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Great performance from Shedeur! Really liked what I saw. Obviously I'd like for this whole season to play out first, but I'm now keen on the idea (like many of you) of using our 1sts on an OL (Fano,? World?) and WR.

  • Great performance from Shedeur! Really liked what I saw. Obviously I'd like for this whole season to play out first, but I'm now keen on the idea (like many of you) of using our 1sts on an OL (Fano,? World?) and WR.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @secondwave said:

    Great performance from Shedeur! Really liked what I saw. Obviously I'd like for this whole season to play out first, but I'm now keen on the idea (like many of you) of using our 1sts on an OL (Fano,? World?) and WR.

    The Browns will end up with three picks in the first 35-40.

    My preferred scenario is that they come out of those three picks with either two OLinemen and a WR or two WRs and an OLineman. 

    Because of how the draft seems to fall this season, I'd love for the Browns to be able to trade down like last season and pick up more high picks. As of today I really don't see an OLineman or WR worth a top 5 pick. I'd love to trade back to somewhere between #6-12 and pick up ammo for next year's draft, if we decide Sanders isn't the guy and still need a QB.