Skip to content

Draft Simulator Season!

The Browns Board
130 17 2.9k 1
  • @orion said:

    image.thumb.png.a0f0164f3810e30a78761bf854f442eb.png

    Love the OL commitment with the understanding better playmakers are needed in the WR Corps. 

  • My Simulated draft above:  

    Someone to throw the football.....guys to block for the guy throwing the football.....guys to catch the football.

  • PFN_Draft_result_1765595844146.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    PFN_Draft_result_1765595844146.png

    I like the Corleone pick. We'll call him the enforcer. And Zuhn is a guy who can play any position along the line and is a real leader and playcaller, often shifting to center. He'll be gone before 201. And I see what you did there at 243 cal,jr.?️

  • This looks like a good place to add this while we're having fun with this thread. They did the awards show last night and one of Utah's 2 outstanding Tackles got the Outland Trophy Award.  Even though he's a RT, we're not prejudice here - we desperately need that too... 

    https://www.on3.com/news/2025-college-football-awards-full-list-of-winners-revealed-biletnikoff-maxwell/

    2025 College Football Award winners

    Davey O’Brien Award – Best Quarterback: Fernando Mendoza, QB, Indiana

    Biletnikoff Award – Best Receiver: Makai Lemon, WR, USC

    Outland Trophy – Most Outstanding Interior Lineman: Spencer Fano, OL Utah

    Rimington Trophy – Premier Center: Logan Jones, OL, Iowa

    Home Depot Coach of the Year: Curt Cignetti, Indiana

    Bronko Nagurski Award – Best Defensive Player: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech

    John Mackey Award – Outstanding Tight End: Eli Stowers, TE, Vanderbilt

    Jim Thorpe Award – Best Defensive Back: Caleb Downs, S, Ohio State

    Bednarik Award – Defensive Player of the Year: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech

    Dick Butkus Award – Linebacker: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech

    Doak Walker Award – Premier Running Back: Jeremiyah Love, RB, Notre Dame

    Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award – Outstanding Placekicker: Tate Sandell, K, Oklahoma

    Burlsworth Trophy – Outstanding Player Who Began His Career as a Walk-On: Drew Mestemaker, QB, North Texas

    Buddy Teevens Award – Outstanding Contribution to Amateur Football: Kalani Sitake, BYU

    Ray Guy Award – Best Collegiate Punter: Brett Thorson, P, Georgia

    Wuerffel Trophy – Premier Award for Community Service: Michael Taaffe, S, Texas

    Maxwell Award – Player of the Year: Fernando Mendoza, QB, Indiana

     
     
  • @dutch-oven said:

    PFN_Draft_result_1765595844146.png

    This might even work out better than your 1st draft when you chose Utah's LT Caleb Lomu first (especially if he doesn't enter the draft).  I did the same thing and then last night RT Spencer Fano won the Outland Trophy Award for his effort.  Then you added Iowa T Gennings Dunker at #78 (and I noticed he was a popular choice falling to many in here). He fell to me too. I was just too distracted & dumb to snap him up.  Before Kirk Ferentz became HC at Iowa - he was the OL Coach in Cleveland from 93-95.  Even though Iowa only has the recruiting attraction of corn fields - Ferentz's very competitive Big 10 football program has always put great Olinemen and TEs in the NFL.  Unfortunately for him, Iowa doesn't win any bidding wars for the elite QBs in the country. 

    Here's a video about Dunker.  

  • @syd said:

    OH I also see TEX and I also drafted WR Lane from USC, of course I got him 8 picks later and as the same as you, Its because I am smarter than you both combined 

    ratflmao

    Well oh yeah. How about me drafting the SEC DPOTY Cashius Howell in the 3rd round no less??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well oh yeah. How about me drafting the SEC DPOTY Cashius Howell in the 3rd round no less??

    He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?

    I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"

  • All you guys beating the table for offensive line….here you go.

    Bring back the guards add a vet offensive tackle and let’s roll with this.

    I hate picking at #4. I don’t see an offensive lineman or WR I want at 4.  I can stomach someone at 7 with some ammo for next year too.
     

    With the simulation Mendoza was available and the Jets traded up and we grabbed their 7th, 47th and second next year.

    I’m a fan of Antonio Williams out of Clemson and I’d like to take another swing at QB (late) Mensah if he comes out or Taylen Green out of Arkansas who is raw but has an arm and is super athletic. 
     

    I like Fisher out of Indiana.  At the very least he’s a special teams standout.  Sutton is an underachiever twitchy edge 

    IMG_7703.jpeg

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well oh yeah. How about me drafting the SEC DPOTY Cashius Howell in the 3rd round no less??

    He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?

    I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"

    @flugel said:

    He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?

    I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"

    And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.

  • @flugel said:

    He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?

    I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"

    And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.

    You've seen more of him than any of us so I believe you. Von Miller was a damn good player in the NFL before injuries and wear and tear impacted him.  Wasn't he a SB MVP? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.

    You've seen more of him than any of us so I believe you. Von Miller was a damn good player in the NFL before injuries and wear and tear impacted him.  Wasn't he a SB MVP? 

    @flugel said:

    You've seen more of him than any of us so I believe you. Von Miller was a damn good player in the NFL before injuries and wear and tear impacted him.  Wasn't he a SB MVP? 

    Yep and future HOFer and chicken rancher with real chickens ?, not chicks?.   

  • First, Dallas gave me both their first-round picks.

    team-icon CLE
    Pick 4
     
    DAL team-icon
    Pick 16
    Pick 28
    2027 DAL 4th
     
    Then everyone else left me Rod and Derrick Moore from UM and Malik Muhammad from UT in the 6th and 7th rounds.

    image.png.9cabe8a43b2097a20235abb455f924f4.png

  • CLE
    CLECLE
    pfn-logo
    4.CLE
    Fernando MendozaQB Indiana
    28.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    38.CLE
    Chase BisontisOG Texas A&M
    69.CLE
    Omar Cooper Jr.WR Indiana
    104.CLE
    Brian Parker IIOG Duke
    141.CLE
    Zakee WheatleyS Penn State
    146.CLE
    Devon MarshallCB NC State
    148.CLE
    Zane DurantDT Penn State
    200.CLE
    Eric McAlisterWR TCU
    207.CLE
    Riley MahlmanOT Wisconsin
    238.CLE
    Dalton BrooksS Texas A&M
  • Loaded up on WRs and OLs. Tired of seeing shit out there. 

    pfn-logo
    4.
    Carnell Tate WR Ohio State
    28.
    Isaiah World OT Oregon
    42.
    Kayden McDonald DT Ohio State
     
    69.
    Emmanuel Pregnon OG Oregon
    104.
    Tristan Leigh OT Clemson
    141.
    CJ Daniels WR Miami (FL)
    146.
    Trey Zuhn OG Texas A&M
    148.
    Earl Little Jr. S Florida State
    200.
    Kayin Lee CB Auburn
    207.
    Kevin Coleman Jr. WR Missouri
    238.
    Nyckoles Harbor WR South Carolina
    202
  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

    Take a swing!

    4.CLE
    Fernando MendozaQB Indiana
    28.CLE
    Blake MillerOT Clemson
    38.CLE
    Iapani LalouluOC Oregon
    69.CLE
    Emmanuel PregnonOG Oregon
    104.CLE
    Whit WeeksLB LSU
    141.CLE
    Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State
    146.CLE
    Deion BurksWR Oklahoma
    148.CLE
    Tomas RimacOG Virginia Tech
    202.CLE
    Marcus AllenCB North Carolina
    206.CLE
    Gabe JacasEDGE Illinois
    244.CLE
    Daylen EveretteCB Georgia
  • I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes 

    ?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same! 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes 

    ?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same! 

    @brownsnmopar said:

    ?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same! 

    You can always use good DT's.  If one that is rated BPA when we draft I will never put that down as a bad selection.  That said if all is fairly equal I probably pass.  We have a pretty solid grouping as is and DT is a position where you can usually find adequate back-up in free agency.

    I am usually very solid with the idea of drafting BPA.  That said, I am not in favor of drafting players who are primarily going to be back-up players when you are seeking starters at multiple positions. Basically we are going to hand a job to 1 offensive lineman and 1 receiver. Another offensive lineman might work his way in to a starter position as the season moves on.  Unless something too good to be true happens, I wouldn't look to draft a DT before round 5. I think we have 3 picks in that round.  I could see using one of those picks on a DT.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes 

    ?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same! 

    @brownsnmopar said:

    ?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same! 

    @ballpeen said:

    You can always use good DT's.  I could see using one of those picks on a DT.

    Which is why in my draft above I took a "gift" of Kayden McDonald DT from OSU at pick 42. I think he's exactly what we need.

  • There's a Texas Tech LBer Jacob Rodriguez that earned the Dick Butkus Award for Best Linebacker; Bednarik Award for Defensive Player of the Year; and Bronko Nagurski Award for Best Defensive Player.  He's a turnover machine - would be ideal working alongside Schwesinger.  And if you look at the 2nd video near the end - McAfee has some fun with J-Rod's prior experience as a QB. Round 3 or round 4? Take a peek...