Draft Simulator Season!
-
-
I like the Corleone pick. We'll call him the enforcer. And Zuhn is a guy who can play any position along the line and is a real leader and playcaller, often shifting to center. He'll be gone before 201. And I see what you did there at 243 cal,jr.?️
-
This looks like a good place to add this while we're having fun with this thread. They did the awards show last night and one of Utah's 2 outstanding Tackles got the Outland Trophy Award. Even though he's a RT, we're not prejudice here - we desperately need that too...
2025 College Football Award winners
Davey O’Brien Award – Best Quarterback: Fernando Mendoza, QB, Indiana
Biletnikoff Award – Best Receiver: Makai Lemon, WR, USC
Outland Trophy – Most Outstanding Interior Lineman: Spencer Fano, OL Utah
Rimington Trophy – Premier Center: Logan Jones, OL, Iowa
Home Depot Coach of the Year: Curt Cignetti, Indiana
Bronko Nagurski Award – Best Defensive Player: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech
John Mackey Award – Outstanding Tight End: Eli Stowers, TE, Vanderbilt
Jim Thorpe Award – Best Defensive Back: Caleb Downs, S, Ohio State
Bednarik Award – Defensive Player of the Year: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech
Dick Butkus Award – Linebacker: Jacob Rodriguez, LB, Texas Tech
Doak Walker Award – Premier Running Back: Jeremiyah Love, RB, Notre Dame
Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award – Outstanding Placekicker: Tate Sandell, K, Oklahoma
Burlsworth Trophy – Outstanding Player Who Began His Career as a Walk-On: Drew Mestemaker, QB, North Texas
Buddy Teevens Award – Outstanding Contribution to Amateur Football: Kalani Sitake, BYU
Ray Guy Award – Best Collegiate Punter: Brett Thorson, P, Georgia
Wuerffel Trophy – Premier Award for Community Service: Michael Taaffe, S, Texas
Maxwell Award – Player of the Year: Fernando Mendoza, QB, Indiana
-
This might even work out better than your 1st draft when you chose Utah's LT Caleb Lomu first (especially if he doesn't enter the draft). I did the same thing and then last night RT Spencer Fano won the Outland Trophy Award for his effort. Then you added Iowa T Gennings Dunker at #78 (and I noticed he was a popular choice falling to many in here). He fell to me too. I was just too distracted & dumb to snap him up. Before Kirk Ferentz became HC at Iowa - he was the OL Coach in Cleveland from 93-95. Even though Iowa only has the recruiting attraction of corn fields - Ferentz's very competitive Big 10 football program has always put great Olinemen and TEs in the NFL. Unfortunately for him, Iowa doesn't win any bidding wars for the elite QBs in the country.
Here's a video about Dunker.
-
Well oh yeah. How about me drafting the SEC DPOTY Cashius Howell in the 3rd round no less??
He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?
I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"
-
All you guys beating the table for offensive line….here you go.
Bring back the guards add a vet offensive tackle and let’s roll with this.
I hate picking at #4. I don’t see an offensive lineman or WR I want at 4. I can stomach someone at 7 with some ammo for next year too.
With the simulation Mendoza was available and the Jets traded up and we grabbed their 7th, 47th and second next year.
I’m a fan of Antonio Williams out of Clemson and I’d like to take another swing at QB (late) Mensah if he comes out or Taylen Green out of Arkansas who is raw but has an arm and is super athletic.
I like Fisher out of Indiana. At the very least he’s a special teams standout. Sutton is an underachiever twitchy edge
-
Well oh yeah. How about me drafting the SEC DPOTY Cashius Howell in the 3rd round no less??
He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?
I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"
He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?
I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"
And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.
-
He might also have the best first name in the draft. Who's spelling it wrong us or him?
I could almost hear him getting announced for a boxing title in Vegas "The King of Sting - Cashius "Play" Howell-Anyonebeatem"
And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.
And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.
You've seen more of him than any of us so I believe you. Von Miller was a damn good player in the NFL before injuries and wear and tear impacted him. Wasn't he a SB MVP?
-
And I don't compare him with Garrett. More the size speed and position of standup OLB Von Miller coming out of college.
You've seen more of him than any of us so I believe you. Von Miller was a damn good player in the NFL before injuries and wear and tear impacted him. Wasn't he a SB MVP?
-
First, Dallas gave me both their first-round picks.
Pick 4
CLE
DAL
Pick 16Pick 282027 DAL 4thThen everyone else left me Rod and Derrick Moore from UM and Malik Muhammad from UT in the 6th and 7th rounds.
-
CLE
4.
Fernando MendozaQB Indiana28.
Blake MillerOT Clemson38.
Chase BisontisOG Texas A&M69.
Omar Cooper Jr.WR Indiana104.
Brian Parker IIOG Duke141.
Zakee WheatleyS Penn State146.
Devon MarshallCB NC State148.
Zane DurantDT Penn State200.
Eric McAlisterWR TCU207.
Riley MahlmanOT Wisconsin238.
Dalton BrooksS Texas A&M -
Loaded up on WRs and OLs. Tired of seeing shit out there.
4.Carnell Tate WR Ohio State28.Isaiah World OT Oregon42.Kayden McDonald DT Ohio State69.Emmanuel Pregnon OG Oregon104.Tristan Leigh OT Clemson141.CJ Daniels WR Miami (FL)146.Trey Zuhn OG Texas A&M148.Earl Little Jr. S Florida State200.Kayin Lee CB Auburn207.Kevin Coleman Jr. WR Missouri238.Nyckoles Harbor WR South Carolina202 -
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Take a swing!
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
Take a swing!
4.
Fernando MendozaQB Indiana28.
Blake MillerOT Clemson38.
Iapani LalouluOC Oregon69.
Emmanuel PregnonOG Oregon104.
Whit WeeksLB LSU141.
Bryce LanceWR North Dakota State146.
Deion BurksWR Oklahoma148.
Tomas RimacOG Virginia Tech202.
Marcus AllenCB North Carolina206.
Gabe JacasEDGE Illinois244.
Daylen EveretteCB Georgia -
I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes
I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
-
I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
You can always use good DT's. If one that is rated BPA when we draft I will never put that down as a bad selection. That said if all is fairly equal I probably pass. We have a pretty solid grouping as is and DT is a position where you can usually find adequate back-up in free agency.
I am usually very solid with the idea of drafting BPA. That said, I am not in favor of drafting players who are primarily going to be back-up players when you are seeking starters at multiple positions. Basically we are going to hand a job to 1 offensive lineman and 1 receiver. Another offensive lineman might work his way in to a starter position as the season moves on. Unless something too good to be true happens, I wouldn't look to draft a DT before round 5. I think we have 3 picks in that round. I could see using one of those picks on a DT.
-
I have a feeling we might be sleeping on how much DTackleis a need. Collin’s absence has really opened my eyes
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
You can always use good DT's. I could see using one of those picks on a DT.
Which is why in my draft above I took a "gift" of Kayden McDonald DT from OSU at pick 42. I think he's exactly what we need.
-
-
There's a Texas Tech LBer Jacob Rodriguez that earned the Dick Butkus Award for Best Linebacker; Bednarik Award for Defensive Player of the Year; and Bronko Nagurski Award for Best Defensive Player. He's a turnover machine - would be ideal working alongside Schwesinger. And if you look at the 2nd video near the end - McAfee has some fun with J-Rod's prior experience as a QB. Round 3 or round 4? Take a peek...
-
?%Agree Dutch! Without Collins our Defense is NOT the same!
You can always use good DT's. If one that is rated BPA when we draft I will never put that down as a bad selection. That said if all is fairly equal I probably pass. We have a pretty solid grouping as is and DT is a position where you can usually find adequate back-up in free agency.
I am usually very solid with the idea of drafting BPA. That said, I am not in favor of drafting players who are primarily going to be back-up players when you are seeking starters at multiple positions. Basically we are going to hand a job to 1 offensive lineman and 1 receiver. Another offensive lineman might work his way in to a starter position as the season moves on. Unless something too good to be true happens, I wouldn't look to draft a DT before round 5. I think we have 3 picks in that round. I could see using one of those picks on a DT.
You can always use good DT's. If one that is rated BPA when we draft I will never put that down as a bad selection. That said if all is fairly equal I probably pass. We have a pretty solid grouping as is and DT is a position where you can usually find adequate back-up in free agency.
I am usually very solid with the idea of drafting BPA. That said, I am not in favor of drafting players who are primarily going to be back-up players when you are seeking starters at multiple positions. Basically we are going to hand a job to 1 offensive lineman and 1 receiver. Another offensive lineman might work his way in to a starter position as the season moves on. Unless something too good to be true happens, I wouldn't look to draft a DT before round 5. I think we have 3 picks in that round. I could see using one of those picks on a DT.
If the first four rounds looked something like this and we went Caleb Downs and then OL, WR, OL, WR. I’d be okay with that.
I don’t see an OL that I want within the Top 5 picks. The top 5 of the draft is the gold jacket zone.
The far greater need on defense is having some Ward insurance, finding a slot corner and finding someone to compete against Ronnie Hickman. And These needs are outshadowed by replacing our OL and WR rooms.
and Collins is coming back? And we have a promising rookie DT and another younger DT that will hopefully benefit from being healthy
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login