JOK
-
Could you imagine an Arvell Reese/ Schwesinger LB duo?
Sorry about JOK, he had great football instincts.
-
What a tough break!
The Browns always seem to get snake bitten
Ernie Davis
Don Rodgers
Eric Turner
Nick Chubb
JOK
What a tough break!
The Browns always seem to get snake bitten
Ernie Davis
Don Rodgers
Eric Turner
Nick Chubb
JOK
Nice job with that Nicks!
With the 2000 1st overall pick Courtney Brown off to an unlucky start with injuries in his 1st 2 years - LB Jamir Miller seemed to be just what the doctor ordered for the Browns defense when they transitioned him from a 2 point stance to putting a hand down on the edge. Wow! Because this is the Cleveland Browns check out the cut and paste below as to how long fate allowed us to celebrate such a talent after his Pro Bowl season in 2001. Spoiler alert: 1 preseason game on turf in Minnesota in 2002...
-
Sonny Styles wouldn’t be bad either
Trivia: Without looking this up and relying strictly on semi-short term memory. Who was the teammate of Sonny Styles' dad (Lorenzo) at Ohio State who played in the same LBer Corps that was drafted by the Browns (HC Bill Belichick) in the 1st round at #30 overall after his junior year in 1995?
-
Craig Powell
-
Could you imagine an Arvell Reese/ Schwesinger LB duo?
Sorry about JOK, he had great football instincts.
Could you imagine an Arvell Reese/ Schwesinger LB duo?
Sorry about JOK, he had great football instincts.
Reese is getting a lot of love and I've seen a mock draft with him even going #1 overall to the Giants (keeping in mind they already drafted QB Jaxson Dart in round 1 this year). I think Reese is a great football player; but I'm gonna be unpopular here and say I wouldn't take him in our first draft slot. That doesn't mean I'm right - it's just my feeling about taking him that high. I want to see him take over game before I join in and wanting him that high. If he's the next Lawrence Taylor making every offense we play needing to account for where he is on every day - I'll have a picture of me wearing my village idiot hat ready every time I need to post it. None of us were even talking about Carson Schwesinger before the 2025 draft let alone in upper round 2 so there's gonna be very good LBers that can help us in other spots.
There's a LBer I think we can steal in round 3. He's Texas Tech LB (Jacob Rodriguez rumored to go anywhere from round 2 to day 3). He's the Butkus Award Winner, Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, Bednarik Award Winner for Defensive Player of the Year, Bronko Nagurski Award Winner for Best Defensive Player. Just watch the highlights of #10 here - it's hard to believe he started his college career off as a QB with Virginia. The 1 thing Cleveland does not have on their defense is a guy that frequently dislodges the football from the opponents - so watch how often he does this extremely well. I think he'd by a dynamite LBer I'd love to see working tag-team with Schwesinger after we've already drafted an elite WR or LT or both.
-
Craig Powell
Craig Powell
WAY TO GO DUTCH - You just won today's I KNOW MY SHIT AWARD!!!!! You can cash it in later for some cold beer in frosted mugs if I ever get back to Cleveland again.
JMO, both he and Lorenzo Styles should have played 1 more year of college football before entering the draft. Powell was a good special teams player with the Jets after he left Cleveland - but that's an old man's memory here so it may need to be fact checked.
-
Craig Powell
WAY TO GO DUTCH - You just won today's I KNOW MY SHIT AWARD!!!!! You can cash it in later for some cold beer in frosted mugs if I ever get back to Cleveland again.
JMO, both he and Lorenzo Styles should have played 1 more year of college football before entering the draft. Powell was a good special teams player with the Jets after he left Cleveland - but that's an old man's memory here so it may need to be fact checked.
WAY TO GO DUTCH - You just won today's I KNOW MY SHIT AWARD!!!!! You can cash it in later for some cold beer in frosted mugs if I ever get back to Cleveland again.
JMO, both he and Lorenzo Styles should have played 1 more year of college football before entering the draft. Powell was a good special teams player with the Jets after he left Cleveland - but that's an old man's memory here so it may need to be fact checked.
I swear the stories I heard about that was that the Browns:
1. Really wanted TE Kyle Brady but he was taken a pick before the Browns, so the Browns traded all the way down from #10 overall to #30. In the trade, they would end up with the 49ers 1996 first round pick, which Baltimore would use on Ray Lewis.
or...
2. Modell was so broke that he had them trade way down because he didn't have the money to pay a top 10 pick.
-
WAY TO GO DUTCH - You just won today's I KNOW MY SHIT AWARD!!!!! You can cash it in later for some cold beer in frosted mugs if I ever get back to Cleveland again.
JMO, both he and Lorenzo Styles should have played 1 more year of college football before entering the draft. Powell was a good special teams player with the Jets after he left Cleveland - but that's an old man's memory here so it may need to be fact checked.
I swear the stories I heard about that was that the Browns:
1. Really wanted TE Kyle Brady but he was taken a pick before the Browns, so the Browns traded all the way down from #10 overall to #30. In the trade, they would end up with the 49ers 1996 first round pick, which Baltimore would use on Ray Lewis.
or...
2. Modell was so broke that he had them trade way down because he didn't have the money to pay a top 10 pick.
I swear the stories I heard about that was that the Browns:
1. Really wanted TE Kyle Brady but he was taken a pick before the Browns, so the Browns traded all the way down from #10 overall to #30. In the trade, they would end up with the 49ers 1996 first round pick, which Baltimore would use on Ray Lewis.
or...
2. Modell was so broke that he had them trade way down because he didn't have the money to pay a top 10 pick.
All true. Thanks! Geez, even back then Belichick's football psychic was saying "Brady is going to change your success as a Head Coach." Of course, it woulda helped if that psychic clarified the 1st name and calendar year.
Before that happened Belichick drafted Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell in 1992 at #9 overall. Sometimes I wonder when Ozzie Newsome credited Belichick for teaching him how to organize/set-up the draft board in Cleveland - if a big part of that also taught him that even smart football minds have a learning curve at first. For example, BB later drafted Leroy Hoard in round 2 - the 1 Michigan guy since Thom Darden that was worth it. He was so physical during that 94 season that he made the Pro Bowl as a FB when he actually only played RB. In 91, he only started 9 games but had 2 rush TDs & 9 receiving TDs (48 rec for 567 yards while avg 4.2 per carry). We got more out of him than Metcalf up the middle (loved him as a KR/PR guy and would have adored him in the slot like all of these rest of his teams did).
-
I swear the stories I heard about that was that the Browns:
1. Really wanted TE Kyle Brady but he was taken a pick before the Browns, so the Browns traded all the way down from #10 overall to #30. In the trade, they would end up with the 49ers 1996 first round pick, which Baltimore would use on Ray Lewis.
or...
2. Modell was so broke that he had them trade way down because he didn't have the money to pay a top 10 pick.
All true. Thanks! Geez, even back then Belichick's football psychic was saying "Brady is going to change your success as a Head Coach." Of course, it woulda helped if that psychic clarified the 1st name and calendar year.
Before that happened Belichick drafted Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell in 1992 at #9 overall. Sometimes I wonder when Ozzie Newsome credited Belichick for teaching him how to organize/set-up the draft board in Cleveland - if a big part of that also taught him that even smart football minds have a learning curve at first. For example, BB later drafted Leroy Hoard in round 2 - the 1 Michigan guy since Thom Darden that was worth it. He was so physical during that 94 season that he made the Pro Bowl as a FB when he actually only played RB. In 91, he only started 9 games but had 2 rush TDs & 9 receiving TDs (48 rec for 567 yards while avg 4.2 per carry). We got more out of him than Metcalf up the middle (loved him as a KR/PR guy and would have adored him in the slot like all of these rest of his teams did).
All true. Thanks! Geez, even back then Belichick's football psychic was saying "Brady is going to change your success as a Head Coach." Of course, it woulda helped if that psychic clarified the 1st name and calendar year.
Before that happened Belichick drafted Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell in 1992 at #9 overall. Sometimes I wonder when Ozzie Newsome credited Belichick for teaching him how to organize/set-up the draft board in Cleveland - if a big part of that also taught him that even smart football minds have a learning curve at first. For example, BB later drafted Leroy Hoard in round 2 - the 1 Michigan guy since Thom Darden that was worth it. He was so physical during that 94 season that he made the Pro Bowl as a FB when he actually only played RB. In 91, he only started 9 games but had 2 rush TDs & 9 receiving TDs (48 rec for 567 yards while avg 4.2 per carry). We got more out of him than Metcalf up the middle (loved him as a KR/PR guy and would have adored him in the slot like all of these rest of his teams did).
I used to call him "First down Tommy".. But I loved Leroy Hoard.. While he wasn't elite... He played his heart out... He was a great kid on top...
-
All true. Thanks! Geez, even back then Belichick's football psychic was saying "Brady is going to change your success as a Head Coach." Of course, it woulda helped if that psychic clarified the 1st name and calendar year.
Before that happened Belichick drafted Touchdown-free Tommy Vardell in 1992 at #9 overall. Sometimes I wonder when Ozzie Newsome credited Belichick for teaching him how to organize/set-up the draft board in Cleveland - if a big part of that also taught him that even smart football minds have a learning curve at first. For example, BB later drafted Leroy Hoard in round 2 - the 1 Michigan guy since Thom Darden that was worth it. He was so physical during that 94 season that he made the Pro Bowl as a FB when he actually only played RB. In 91, he only started 9 games but had 2 rush TDs & 9 receiving TDs (48 rec for 567 yards while avg 4.2 per carry). We got more out of him than Metcalf up the middle (loved him as a KR/PR guy and would have adored him in the slot like all of these rest of his teams did).
I used to call him "First down Tommy".. But I loved Leroy Hoard.. While he wasn't elite... He played his heart out... He was a great kid on top...
I used to call him "First down Tommy".. But I loved Leroy Hoard.. While he wasn't elite... He played his heart out... He was a great kid on top...
That post reminded me of another big 250 lb beast we used to have by the name of Peyton Hillis. And he was a beast.
His first year here he was unstoppable…then he fizzled out rather quickly. It amazes me how the hell such a dramatic decline could happen.
-
What a tough break!
The Browns always seem to get snake bitten
Ernie Davis
Don Rodgers
Eric Turner
Nick Chubb
JOK
What a tough break!
The Browns always seem to get snake bitten
Ernie Davis
Don Rodgers
Eric Turner
Nick Chubb
JOK
Pun intended?
Breaking your neck or spine is an especially tough thing to happen! Those are the last bones you would want to seriously injure for reasons that don’t need explained!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login