Head Coach Search - Interviews
-
Nobody wants this job.
-
Nobody wants this job.
Nobody wants this job.
I've been saying this since Stefanski got fired.
Look at the guys who have been hired as head coach since Haslam bought the team: Chudzinski, Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens and Stefanski.
How many of those guys were getting other head coach vacancy interviews?
-
Pretty wild that it took eight seasons for one of the first round QBs from the 2018 Draft class to get to the Super Bowl, and that it's Sam Darnold that broke the '18 QB class's cherry.
Pretty wild that it took eight seasons for one of the first round QBs from the 2018 Draft class to get to the Super Bowl, and that it's Sam Darnold that broke the '18 QB class's cherry.
What a brutal gauntlet he had.
A big say in how a young QB does is the ownership & FO tandem which often pre-explains what the young QB is sentenced to. Let's look at where he started off and see the 1st good team he joined wasn't until 2023 that already had a Mr Irrelevant from the 2022 firmly entrenched as a starter because why? Great Ownership, Ideal GM, Successful Offensive-Minded HC that team-up to frequent playoffs. The total opposite of what Darnold started off at; but I think we can agree it was a nice stepping stone for great success to be had at Darnold's next 2 teams in Minnesota & Seattle. Here's a cut and paste (below) explaining Darnold's journey his light at the end of the tunnel had a much longer tunnel. The other extreme is Lamar Jackson's immediate success in Baltimore - I think we can all agree it wasn't because he was the brightest apple in the orchard. His instant success seemed tougher to beat than the more experience version today. Therefore, John Harbaugh is working for the Giants today while Dumb and Dumber here probably don't remember or realize we already had former Baltimore OC Todd Monken as an OC here when Freddie Childress was the HC more comfortable with calling the plays himself.
-
Nobody wants this job.
I've been saying this since Stefanski got fired.
Look at the guys who have been hired as head coach since Haslam bought the team: Chudzinski, Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens and Stefanski.
How many of those guys were getting other head coach vacancy interviews?
I've been saying this since Stefanski got fired.
Look at the guys who have been hired as head coach since Haslam bought the team: Chudzinski, Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens and Stefanski.
How many of those guys were getting other head coach vacancy interviews?
I think the only one out of that list, who was truly looked at by other teams, was Hue Jackson.
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
-
I've been saying this since Stefanski got fired.
Look at the guys who have been hired as head coach since Haslam bought the team: Chudzinski, Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens and Stefanski.
How many of those guys were getting other head coach vacancy interviews?
I think the only one out of that list, who was truly looked at by other teams, was Hue Jackson.
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
-
I've been saying this since Stefanski got fired.
Look at the guys who have been hired as head coach since Haslam bought the team: Chudzinski, Pettine, Jackson, Kitchens and Stefanski.
How many of those guys were getting other head coach vacancy interviews?
I think the only one out of that list, who was truly looked at by other teams, was Hue Jackson.
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
@gator said:
I think the only one out of that list, who was truly looked at by other teams, was Hue Jackson.
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
Now wait a minute. How can that be at all true when Stefanski immediately landed the Atlanta job. Given what that idiot Berry did to him last offseason with no real change in OL, nor off the top WR, we have fired the wrong guy obviously.
-
@gator said:
I think the only one out of that list, who was truly looked at by other teams, was Hue Jackson.
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
Now wait a minute. How can that be at all true when Stefanski immediately landed the Atlanta job. Given what that idiot Berry did to him last offseason with no real change in OL, nor off the top WR, we have fired the wrong guy obviously.
Now wait a minute. How can that be at all true when Stefanski immediately landed the Atlanta job. Given what that idiot Berry did to him last offseason with no real change in OL, nor off the top WR, we have fired the wrong guy obviously.
I was meaning when the Browns were looking for a coach.
I can't remember if Stefanski was getting looks from other teams before he signed with the Browns or not. I thought they hired him pretty quickly? I'm at work right now so I can't do much research.
-
@gator said:
I believe he was a pretty hot name that cycle, if I remember right.
Yes. We should make an effort to stay away from Bengals coaches.
Oh, and welcome!
-
Now wait a minute. How can that be at all true when Stefanski immediately landed the Atlanta job. Given what that idiot Berry did to him last offseason with no real change in OL, nor off the top WR, we have fired the wrong guy obviously.
I was meaning when the Browns were looking for a coach.
I can't remember if Stefanski was getting looks from other teams before he signed with the Browns or not. I thought they hired him pretty quickly? I'm at work right now so I can't do much research.
@gator said:
I was meaning when the Browns were looking for a coach.
I can't remember if Stefanski was getting looks from other teams before he signed with the Browns or not. I thought they hired him pretty quickly? I'm at work right now so I can't do much research.
Stefanski interviewed for the Browns HC job in 2019 that went to Freddie Kitchens. He had no other interviews.
After Kitchens was fired, Stefanski interviewed again for the Browns HC job in 2020. He had no other interviews.
-
Seems like Sean McDermott's name is never coming up regarding the rest of the openings...
-
Seems like Sean McDermott's name is never coming up regarding the rest of the openings...
Seems like Sean McDermott's name is never coming up regarding the rest of the openings...
I could be wrong as my sources suck. But I believe he is going to take the year off
-
Saw in the local news - Udinski told the Browns no way.
worse and worse.
TodayThe Cleveland Browns continue their search for a new head coach, as they are one of four teams remaining without a head coach. "Jaguars OC Grant Udinski has informed the Browns that he is removing ... -
Seems like Sean McDermott's name is never coming up regarding the rest of the openings...
I could be wrong as my sources suck. But I believe he is going to take the year off
-
What are feelings on Anthony Lynn?
This is the Telesco wing of the brain trust. Hopefully, he's not the next Depo....
Lynn started out pretty strong with the Chargers, 22-11. I thought that 2018 Chargers team was going to beat NE in Foxborough in the Divisional Round.
He ended up a with a .500 record.
-
What are feelings on Anthony Lynn?
This is the Telesco wing of the brain trust. Hopefully, he's not the next Depo....
Lynn started out pretty strong with the Chargers, 22-11. I thought that 2018 Chargers team was going to beat NE in Foxborough in the Divisional Round.
He ended up a with a .500 record.
What are feelings on Anthony Lynn?
This is the Telesco wing of the brain trust. Hopefully, he's not the next Depo....
Lynn started out pretty strong with the Chargers, 22-11. I thought that 2018 Chargers team was going to beat NE in Foxborough in the Divisional Round.
He ended up a with a .500 record.
Might be a great HC - but he is also in the running for HC of the Bills.
Doesn't look good for the Browns.
-
Not sure how legit this is but all signs point to Schwartz getting the gig...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login