Skip to content

I can't believe it happened...

The Browns Board
82 31 6.3k
  • Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

    For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

    If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

    This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

    If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

    @legacy-fan said:

    If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

    I had planned 100% to see 2 games this year downtown. Now, I will be lucky to see 2 on TV.

    Watch me eat my words and they win the next 5 out of 6.

  • LMAO!! We need to just rename this board. THEBROWNSSUPPORTGROUP.COM That's exactly what this is. Hell, that's why I signed up!

    We do it every week. Get pissed on Sunday evening... evening cuz I usually have the kid and I won't subject her to this. So I watch the tape. Which really helps because in my pea sized brain I tell myself no matter what happens, no point in getting all worked up about it. It's all ready done. No amount of yelling at the TV is going to change it. Game was hours ago. It's like I'm watching history. I could catch a Kardiac Kids game on ESPN Classic and it would be the exact same thing, an old game. All ready played.

    But I digress....

    We watch the game and then find ourselves with an assload of emotion to get off our chest. Rightfully so. We know this is a rebuilding process but let's be honest, I'm not sure Gilligan has a feasible plan worked out to steer this ship. It looks more and more like he's winging it.

    We rant and rave and by Thursday I'm ready for Sunday.... ready to watch the TAPE of the game.

    Battered spouse syndrome. We'll keep coming back and taking the abuse. Fortunately I discovered I can take the abuse a LOT cheaper at home.

  • Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

    Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

    However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

    It's a trap game.

    @atenears said:

    Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st...

    ATE, I ended up giving up my PSL thinking for sure, as luck would have it, this would be the year Quinn rose to the top and we'd be back to Bernie type days of a kid from Ohio making this all fun again.

    I was wrong, and do not feel any better in bypassing my tix this year. So, looks like we're all bummed no matter the upgrade or downgrade in tix.

  • Don't feel bad Ocon, there'll be plenty available.

    I"m not good on the computer. Somebody who knows what they're doing needs to photoshop the BIG LOTS sign on the stadium. Cuz the tickets will be plentiful and cheap.

  • Zombo said:

    Dude ... all we are doing is replacing an ineffective QB.

    I'd feel worse if Mangini kept throwing Quinn out there every week. I'd feel like we didn't have a chance.

    Your juices will be flowing on Sunday and you know it. So next time you get this down about the Browns, don't express it in a homo thread.

    We are 0-3 in a new coaching era. Sucks ... but we're still the Browns. Thank God. I love being the Browns and being a Browns fan. The product will get better ... being a Browns fan is always the best.

    Zombo

    --C'mon ... it's the Bengals. We're going to have a shootout at CBS this Sunday. I'm ready to start pregaming already.

    Dude ... what are we replacing said qb with? A shinier turd? Scott Mitchell? Thats right the guy who chucked 3 int's in 1/2 a game, the smiley fella, yay. I expect to see a minimum of 35-40 pass attempts. If DA is the starter for the remainder of the season he'll never make it without injury, you want to see Ratliff or Quinn at that point?

  • Zombo said:

    I want to see you quit being such a whiney homo and root for the Browns.

    Zombo

    yes Ma'am!!

    Will you have pom poms at the tailgate party this weekend?

    GOOO Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

    For the 1st time in my life, I am apathetic towards the Cleveland Browns. Not even during the Mo Caurthon days did I feel this way. I actually remember being pissed at Belichoke for canning Bernie, but with this, I have no feeling at the moment. Nothing. I mean, I'm actually pissed that I'm not pissed. WTF? I glanced over a few thread titles, and I'm sure there are dozens of posts from dozens of guys in here I respect tremendously, offering insight, encouragement, and maybe a smidge of justification (not likely) - but I just don't care to read them. So, for that - fcuk you, Eric.

    If Mangini has so quickly given up on the season, then why should I waste my emotion, energy and time on it?

    This isn't about the QB move, but rather the manifestation of Mangini's "build it the right way plan" being a complete and total failure; one that he's scrapped 3 weeks into the season, in an effort to "provide a spark" (read: save his job with a potential win or two).

    If I could even afford season tickets (&PSL's), then I could afford to swallow them, crap them into a bag, and mail them to Eric Mangini. I'd only be returning the favor.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

    you watched Quinnie play. You knew this was going to happen. The only question was when.

  • Leg-

    Many are feeling the same, but remember 1974-75, 1984 or even 1990? Real, real bad football, just like now.

    The biggest problem is shelling out $$ and emotion and seeing no results, especially at home games, where we can't establish any edge at all.

    We won't be shitty forever...just think of how crazy this town will be when we finally look like a pro team again. You'll be back on board real quick. Hell, even an 0-26 Tampa Bay team turned it around and got to the NFC title game.

  • Zombo said:

    I want to see you quit being such a whiney homo and root for the Browns.

    Zombo

    How do you feel about a fine fescue?

  • @legacy-fan said:

    Mangini - with this move - has officially lost my confidence and respect as a head coach. The QB switch is only slightly shocking in comparison to that, imo.

    you watched Quinnie play. You knew this was going to happen. The only question was when.

    @lumbergh said:

    you watched Quinnie play. You knew this was going to happen. The only question was when.

    I could say the same thing about "Anderception". 😉

  • Zombo said:

    Dude ... all we are doing is replacing an ineffective QB.

    I'd feel worse if Mangini kept throwing Quinn out there every week. I'd feel like we didn't have a chance.

    Your juices will be flowing on Sunday and you know it. So next time you get this down about the Browns, don't express it in a homo thread.

    We are 0-3 in a new coaching era. Sucks ... but we're still the Browns. Thank God. I love being the Browns and being a Browns fan. The product will get better ... being a Browns fan is always the best.

    Zombo

    --C'mon ... it's the Bengals. We're going to have a shootout at CBS this Sunday. I'm ready to start pregaming already.

    I know Z, but we're replacing him with someone less than inneffective. I was drinking, and dodging Skins fans, but I know I saw 3 picks from Derek "same as it ever was" Anderson.

    I'm not calling Mangini a bum for "bailing on my boy Quinn," he's a bum for bailing on his plan. Surely you don't believe Quinn or our team got a fair shake at evaluation with the garbage play calling and non-existent tackling. DA is not the long term solution or Mangini would have started him from wk 1. Relative to the rest of the team, Quinn's play hasn't been bad enough to stand out to get him yanked. DA's 3-fer, OTOH was.

    Fail points awarded to Eric Mangini.

  • I have a feeling that Mangini is drooling over next years draft more than we know. I beleive he also knows alot of the current roster won't be here next year. They will get better this year, DA or Quinn. If the o-line doesn't shape up you'll probaly see Ratliff this year also.

  • The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    I know one for sure that has come out of the qb switch.

    2010 Draft Talk

  • The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    Hey TD, I hope your right. And if DA comes in and lights it up, well then you're dead on.

    I thinking its more of a problem of poor R sided protection, minimal playmakers, and a crappy running game. Add on a new HC, new system, and a brand spankin' new OC and I'm think its more likely Quinn has just become the fall guy for the whole shebang.

  • Leg, great OP and thread.

    Z, get over yourself already. We get it, you're excited for the "big play potential" and you're a better fan than the rest of us for being excited.

    Well, DA playing again doesn't excite me in the least, because we know how that damn story ends. The only reason I was excited about BQ was because of what he could be and the reason I'm pissed is not because "Quinn sucks" but because, as Leg said, we still don't know if "Quinn sucks" or not, given all the circumstances surrounding this team this year.

    daddybull is right that the QB position has gotten WAY too much ink on here and everywhere else the last 2 years.

    But the reason for that is simple: we didn't have a real QB. And we still don't.

    So, I'm with Leg: I feel no excitement for Sunday, whatsoever. I will watch but I will not care, at least not until I'm given a reason to care again.

    I do truly hope DA will provide that "spark". I'm not getting my hopes up.

  • Little do the Anderson supporters know is all this move has done is bring on more QB talk until draft day. Get ready for a barrage of Tebow, McCoy, and Bradford.

    Start your engines and fill the tanks boys, it's going to be a long ride until the draft.

  • . .mz

    At least some of you guys get to root for a winner on Saturdays (OSU, Florida, etc.).

    I have to root for Syracuse on Saturdays and the Browns on Sundays. I am in good miserable company though (Jim Brown, The Late Ernie Davis, Kevin Johnson).

    Yahoo!

    @.mz said:

    At least some of you guys get to root for a winner on Saturdays (OSU, Florida, etc.).

    I have to root for Syracuse on Saturdays and the Browns on Sundays. I am in good miserable company though (Jim Brown, The Late Ernie Davis, Kevin Johnson).

    Yahoo!

    You hit the nail on the head for me....College Football!

    I am a fan of:

    OSU Buckeyes - lived in Cleveland (well, really Solon & Bedford)

    Arizona State Sun Devils - lived in the burbs (Mesa, Chander & Phoenix)

    & Miami Hurricanes - lived here before and again now (Fort Lauderdale)

    paintednh5.jpg

    Go Buckeyes!

    SI_Lauren_Thompson-ASU-1010.jpg

    Go Sun Devils!

    miami_cheerleaders_6.jpg

    Go Hurricanes!

    One of the three teams are usually in the mix somehow.

    That's all I'm watching now.

    I'm only here because of the comradery with you guys/gals.

    NFL...what's that???

  • The trouble is that most Browns Fans were willing to bet the house on Quinn but Quinn stunk up the joint when given the opportunity....

    Face it guys, Charlie Quinn, I mean Brady Frye, I'm mean Brady Quinn is a Charlie Frye with a pedigree... Quinn should kiss Mangini'a feet for the demotion and hope Anderson doesn't get hurt cause if Bradys under center when we play the Steelers, LeBeau will ruin him like he did Frye...

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    I think 2 years of constant posting, name calling and guarantee's of greatness is wearing thin.... Theres more to football than the QB position....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    The one positive here is that we can all put this bullshit QB competition behind us and move on to rooting for the Browns....

    The only way the QB competition is being behind anyone is if DA comes in and looks decent for several games and the HC actually stays with a decision. Neither have happened yet, so nothing is behind anyone yet. If anything the QB competion just restarted.

  • Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

    Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

    However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

    It's a trap game.

    @atenears said:

    Guys it could be worst ... you could have been an idiot like me and upgraded my PSL's to move into the section where Roachmstr and other friends sit and now owe $750.00 by November 1st.

    Now what do you think HagII is gonna do to me when she see's us forking over another $750 for this bullshit?

    However, the season starts Sunday ... The Browns are gonna win, I guarantee it.

    It's a trap game.

    ALL of them are trap games ...for every team we play....lmfao!