Skip to content

Todd Monken is the new Browns HC

The Browns Board
193 30 4.1k 1
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    FYI, Demetric Felton jr. was hired by the Browns as a Player Skills Development Analyst.  -  Welcome back Demetric.  You weren't used properly here...and your title seems to indicate that you would be aware of that.  See if you can get them to utilize Dylan Sampson better than Stef did.  

  • FYI, Demetric Felton jr. was hired by the Browns as a Player Skills Development Analyst.  -  Welcome back Demetric.  You weren't used properly here...and your title seems to indicate that you would be aware of that.  See if you can get them to utilize Dylan Sampson better than Stef did.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

     You weren't used properly here...

    200w.gif.4cd2530960c1962ae096115904b9fb20.gif

  • @calfoxwc said:

    About Monken:

    looking like he is the real deal leader of the Browns.

    Stupanski was a quiet, sheepish, nothingburger.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/2163886594448486

    Bookmarking this for when Monken names Watson the opening game starter. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bookmarking this for when Monken names Watson the opening game starter. 

    I expect DW to look great in Tee shirts and shorts then crap the bed when it counts... There is no long term future with him at the helm.. I would rather they see if Shadeur can be the guy than waste time on this asshole.. I find Taylen Green intriguing also.. Just my .02 cents worth...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Bookmarking this for when Monken names Watson the opening game starter. 

    I expect DW to look great in Tee shirts and shorts then crap the bed when it counts... There is no long term future with him at the helm.. I would rather they see if Shadeur can be the guy than waste time on this asshole.. I find Taylen Green intriguing also.. Just my .02 cents worth...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I expect DW to look great in Tee shirts and shorts then crap the bed when it counts... There is no long term future with him at the helm.. I would rather they see if Shadeur can be the guy than waste time on this asshole.. I find Taylen Green intriguing also.. Just my .02 cents worth...

    Long term I don’t see the point in starting Watson, but I’m not Monken. He wants to win now, and if he feels Watson gives him the better shot at winning this season he’ll be the starter. I’d rather see Sanders, but it’s what it is. 
     

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

  • @nickers said:

    I expect DW to look great in Tee shirts and shorts then crap the bed when it counts... There is no long term future with him at the helm.. I would rather they see if Shadeur can be the guy than waste time on this asshole.. I find Taylen Green intriguing also.. Just my .02 cents worth...

    Long term I don’t see the point in starting Watson, but I’m not Monken. He wants to win now, and if he feels Watson gives him the better shot at winning this season he’ll be the starter. I’d rather see Sanders, but it’s what it is. 
     

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green.

    Yeah....he's a heck of a long shot.  Why we spent a draft pick on him I don't know.  Certainly it was a late round pick, which typically aren't worth much when drafting a player, but they DO sweeten deals when thrown in in order to move up.  And / or you can use them in trade for an older veteran which might fill a need for you.  But from a short interview I saw with him, he seems like a good guy.  Of course that and 25 cents will get you a gumball.  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    head coach Todd Monken revealed the Browns’ ultimate goal for 2026, ....

    “The NFL has gone to more and more at the end of the season you’re playing divisional games,” Monken said. “All you’re doing throughout the year is to put yourself in position where the divisional games will matter at the end. The chance to win the division, and thus getting a home playoff game, which is the ultimate goal, to get a home playoff game in that stadium.”

    -----  That's the goal of our HC.  Not to swap around with the QB's during the season so the fans can decide who they think the best QB is or if we need to draft one.  Nope.  He's gonna play who he thinks can get us a home playoff game.  

  • head coach Todd Monken revealed the Browns’ ultimate goal for 2026, ....

    “The NFL has gone to more and more at the end of the season you’re playing divisional games,” Monken said. “All you’re doing throughout the year is to put yourself in position where the divisional games will matter at the end. The chance to win the division, and thus getting a home playoff game, which is the ultimate goal, to get a home playoff game in that stadium.”

    -----  That's the goal of our HC.  Not to swap around with the QB's during the season so the fans can decide who they think the best QB is or if we need to draft one.  Nope.  He's gonna play who he thinks can get us a home playoff game.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    The chance to win the division, and thus getting a home playoff game, which is the ultimate goal, to get a home playoff game in that stadium.”

    HELL YES,,,,,LLEEEETTTSSSSS GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    The chance to win the division, and thus getting a home playoff game, which is the ultimate goal, to get a home playoff game in that stadium.”

    HELL YES,,,,,LLEEEETTTSSSSS GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    HELL YES,,,,,LLEEEETTTSSSSS GGGGGOOOOOOOOOO

    Right?!  That's what you want to hear from the HC.  

    ...and I like hearing him bellow, 'I HATE BAD FOOTBALL'.   I mean, he's just talking at a microphone at a podium but you can really feel the vibe in his voice that he 'fuggin' hates sloppy play.  I feel pretty certain that if a player does something fuggin' stupid on the field during a game, the camera will show him chewing the player out on the sideline.  

  • @nickers said:

    I expect DW to look great in Tee shirts and shorts then crap the bed when it counts... There is no long term future with him at the helm.. I would rather they see if Shadeur can be the guy than waste time on this asshole.. I find Taylen Green intriguing also.. Just my .02 cents worth...

    Long term I don’t see the point in starting Watson, but I’m not Monken. He wants to win now, and if he feels Watson gives him the better shot at winning this season he’ll be the starter. I’d rather see Sanders, but it’s what it is. 
     

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Long term I don’t see the point in starting Watson, but I’m not Monken. He wants to win now, and if he feels Watson gives him the better shot at winning this season he’ll be the starter. I’d rather see Sanders, but it’s what it is. 
     

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    From a physical standpoint I like Green but yeah.. I'm with you on the overall assessment of Green,,, A potential WR is probably where he best figures to succeed

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Long term I don’t see the point in starting Watson, but I’m not Monken. He wants to win now, and if he feels Watson gives him the better shot at winning this season he’ll be the starter. I’d rather see Sanders, but it’s what it is. 
     

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    From a physical standpoint I like Green but yeah.. I'm with you on the overall assessment of Green,,, A potential WR is probably where he best figures to succeed

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    can he play LT ?

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    I don’t see any real future in the NFL as a QB for Green. 

    can he play LT ?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    can he play LT ?

    Stack about 80Lb's on him he might

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by

    I like how Monken called out our mediocre QBs for throwing picks in 7 on 7s. 

  • I like how Monken called out our mediocre QBs for throwing picks in 7 on 7s. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @vaportrail said:

    I like how Monken called out our mediocre QBs for throwing picks in 7 on 7s. 

    Jeezzz! High School QBs don't even do that if they are headed for D-1 colleges.

  • @vaportrail said:

    I like how Monken called out our mediocre QBs for throwing picks in 7 on 7s. 

    Jeezzz! High School QBs don't even do that if they are headed for D-1 colleges.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Jeezzz! High School QBs don't even do that if they are headed for D-1 colleges.

    Clearly you haven't been around a lot of HS QB's lately.     These kids, especially in 7on7, get WAY to gunslinger-ish.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Jeezzz! High School QBs don't even do that if they are headed for D-1 colleges.

    Clearly you haven't been around a lot of HS QB's lately.     These kids, especially in 7on7, get WAY to gunslinger-ish.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @tiamat63 said:

    Clearly you haven't been around a lot of HS QB's lately.     These kids, especially in 7on7, get WAY to gunslinger-ish.

    No, I have not seen any lately, so you could very well be correct. I watched ours do that against both Texas and Miami when the games were on the line and he paid for both.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    That's our coach.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/viral-practice-clip-shows-todd-monken-is-exactly-what-the-browns-needed-nfl

    remember when media mic's ? wouldn't let us hear the questions ?  Not with this Monk !

  • That's our coach.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/viral-practice-clip-shows-todd-monken-is-exactly-what-the-browns-needed-nfl

    remember when media mic's ? wouldn't let us hear the questions ?  Not with this Monk !

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    remember when

    Made me laugh when he was asked about getting on the QB's for interceptions.  He said, Yeah, we're throwing interceptions during 7 on 7.  There's no pass rush!  That's embarrassing.  🙂  

  • @gumby73 said:

    remember when

    Made me laugh when he was asked about getting on the QB's for interceptions.  He said, Yeah, we're throwing interceptions during 7 on 7.  There's no pass rush!  That's embarrassing.  🙂  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    That's embarrassing.  (Monken's right!)

    2025 12th most penalized team in NFL. These number of offensive penalties, needs to get to the 3 or 4 as our defense.

     https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/cleveland-browns?year=2025 ( also click complete penalty log/whom )

    I think this quote from LG Zion Johnson about Todd Monken is very telling:

    “He's really emphasized that if we have a penalty out there, we're reloading the play. If you're false starting, you're coming out. So it really forces that accountability onto you where it's like, ‘Okay, I'm coming out today. I got to be locked into the snap count to my technique so I'm not having penalties in practice.’”

    We need to keep #95 on the field coach ? ( he doesn't know the snap count )

  • @orion said:

    That's embarrassing.  (Monken's right!)

    2025 12th most penalized team in NFL. These number of offensive penalties, needs to get to the 3 or 4 as our defense.

     https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/cleveland-browns?year=2025 ( also click complete penalty log/whom )

    I think this quote from LG Zion Johnson about Todd Monken is very telling:

    “He's really emphasized that if we have a penalty out there, we're reloading the play. If you're false starting, you're coming out. So it really forces that accountability onto you where it's like, ‘Okay, I'm coming out today. I got to be locked into the snap count to my technique so I'm not having penalties in practice.’”

    We need to keep #95 on the field coach ? ( he doesn't know the snap count )

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    We need to keep #95 on the field coach ? ( he doesn't know the snap count )

    Myles has said, It's all in the get-off!  He said of his final, record breaking sack against the Bengals,  That was the best get-off I ever had.  So, knowing that he's trying to anticipate the snap count...he's going to guess wrong once in a while.  He's going for a sack on every play.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by